Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Crawley match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/crawley-match-thread-67990.html)

Tom D 13-02-2016 08:05

Crawley match thread

Looking forward to this, chance to get back to winning ways and a chance to move back up the table with most the teams above playing each other (best result would be draws all round). If they crowd the midfield like carlisle and stop seamus and crooks from getting involved, pierro and Sean are going to have to really step up, and give us an alternate route that isn't hoof ball.

Coley has said he might be making changes to the team. Does he dare drop crooks after an indifferent display the last couple of games? I'm not sure any other central midfielder is up to paying 90 mins.

cashman 13-02-2016 08:19

Re: Crawley match thread

Looking forward hopefully to 3 Pts in me absence.not really bothered whos selected,so long as we get em.

monkey hanger 13-02-2016 09:12

play the strongest available team with regards to the opposition. we,ve plenty to pick from now unlike previous seasons.

choirboy 13-02-2016 09:40

Come on Stanley!
Back to winning ways today please.
Bringing my first grandson on to the match today for his first "Stanley Experience!":dancedog:
ON STANLEY ON
:jimbo:

DaveinGermany 13-02-2016 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1160995)
Bringing my first grandson on to the match today for his first "Stanley Experience!":dancedog:

That's the way to do it, expose them to the lunacy that's a Stanley supporters life early on, it all makes for a long term Loon to replace the owd codgers as they eventually shamble off to the big turnstile in the sky! :D

(Other destinations or none are available dependent on your beliefs ;))

Chimer 13-02-2016 16:00

My word! Couldn't make it after all with a cold, but feeling better now - and waiting to hear how Jason managed to get a red on the bench!

Kiwi John 13-02-2016 16:15

:) :) Isn't life just wonderful ? :) :)

Chrisr 13-02-2016 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1161036)
My word! Couldn't make it after all with a cold, but feeling better now - and waiting to hear how Jason managed to get a red on the bench!

He ran on to help quell a big scrap. Shay McCartan sent off and one theirs.
The officials were very poor and should have got a grip of the game sooner. 1st Half we were rubbish, 2nd half we were a different team then the scrap and we then beat them easily. in fairness we should have scored 6/7. Matt crooks had several golden chances but chose to pass and the strikers ballooned them. I think Matt has just lost confidence in front of goal, He has skyed the last couple of sitters and I think that is his weakness at the moment.

deeayess 13-02-2016 17:15

Matts problem is he is a good reacting player up front but can't seem to do it when he has time to think about it

Outback Ozzy 13-02-2016 17:25

Well that was a game of 2 halves. 1st half, we were rubbish and I wonder if Coley did a Fergie and started throwing boots, teacups etc etc at half time? 2nd half, what a difference, Billy got a good strikers reaction goal early doors, then we had handbags at 10 paces which the referee and his assistants got totally confused with and sent off the wrong Crawley player, after this, Stanley totally dominated the game. Piero's goal the pick of the bunch for me. Looking forward to watching this tonight on Channel 5. My only wish is that on Tuesday night, can the team that played the 2nd half, less McCartan (who got a red in the melee) please turn up for 90 minutes against Carlisle.

choirboy 13-02-2016 17:48

Firstly, it was great to get three points out of a potentially tricky match.:jimbo:
Secondly, it was good to improve our goal difference.:hothothot
Thirdly, the officials were absolutely DIRE!:eek::eek::eek:

Crawley seemed to have come with a plan to squash Billy Kee, (literally!) Which the referee and his assistants allowed for 50 something minutes of the match. Billy is a difficult player to play against I am sure, but the lad was wrestled virtually every time he went for the ball until we finally got on top of them later in the match. I was really pleased that Billy scored his goal!:alright:

The referee awarded only 6 fouls by Crawley in the whole match, three of which were by Ashton. Their two centre backs who were like a 'Tag Wrestling' team did not have a single foul given against either of them in the whole 90 plus minutes. The referee was useless and to me he did not look fit enough to officiate at a professional level. :s_drunk:He lacked mobility and only broke into a 'Sweat' when the frackas kicked off and then he didn't seem to know what to do!:swear8:
Crawley scored with a well taken finish by Edwards that our keeper Ross could do nothing about. A totally mis hit cross from their left luckily fell to Edwards and he swivelled superbly and found the top corner......give credit where it is due! :thumbsup:In the first half we flattered to deceive and our attempts to play our expansive passing game stuttered on a stodgy and slightly patchy pitch. Shay did not get into the match at all in the first half.:(
Coley must have had a few words at half time as Stanley came out motoring. Billy got his goal after Jones spilled a 'shot come cross' from Crooks which left Billy with a relatively easy tap in.:jimbo:Billy certainly revelled in the success in front of the Clayton End! I shouted to Jones, "Better not make a cup of tea tonight Jones 'cause you'll probably scold you feet!":clown::coffeecup:ooh:
We were getting on top and finding our passing game with both Pierro and Sean Mac doing great work on the wings, well supplied by Seamus and Crooks and our flying full backs Halliday and Bucko. I was very anxious for Bucko after he won a hard tackle but hurt himself in the process but he was motoring again within a few minutes. Shay had been working hard to run into spaces for second and third phase passes but was simply felled three times by opposing defenders when the ball was 20 to 30 yard away:idunno::conny:......Nothing from the REF! Unbelievable! :eek:It was possibly this total frustration for Shay which led to the 'Rumpus'. Shay went for a 50/50 ball and his opponent seemed to take a knock and his team mates furiously encircled Shay as he too lay on the floor. Whether it was a bad foul or not by Shay was difficult to see but the reaction by the Crawley players contributed considerably to the ensuing rumpus! Billy was so quick to stand over Shay and force away the Crawley players who were punching down on his face and head! Shay could have come of with a serious injury but for the protective efforts of Billy Kee!:angel:
(If ever I was in a war, I would want to line up with hero Billy at my side!):alright:
Several players on both sides were losing it but Jason Mooney ran onto the pitch like Linford Christie and the sight of him steaming towards the Crawley players had some of them retreating rather quickly!! :s_frighte:s_boom:I don't think that Jason actually smacked anybody but he was obviously going to be in trouble!
After some time and the referee asking all and sundry what had happened he sent Shay off and then one of the Crawley players and then he ran over to the dugouts to send off Mooney!
The extra space on the pitch with both teams down to ten men seemed to work very much in our favour and Seamus really took control and he was sweeping passes right and left with ease. Pierro particularly was really over running his full back now and getting some great crosses in.:jimbo:
In one attack Matty Pearson went marauding forward into space and a poor clearance form Crawley fell to him and he beat the centre back and keeper Jones with ease, as if he was free scoring centre forward! The goal capped a great performance by Matty today.:alright:
We continued to dominate and a series of passes found Seamus 25 yards out and he looked up and superbly lined up his strike on goal with the outside of his foot wonderfully curling a low shot into the bottom corner!:jimbo:
Joe Wright who also had a tremendous game did a 'Matty' style marauding run forward run and nearly got onto the end of another great move!
The final goal was just reward for Pierro. After yet another sweeping series of passes he strode forward, one on one with the keeper, and finished with a super low shot into the bottom corner!:hothothot
We all went barmy and I started to lose my voice with all the singing and shouting!:theband::wave8::signbeer:
It had been a super second half performance by our boys and we ran out easy winners in the end:jimbo:
The goals scored helped to improve our goal difference too and we are now sixth with games in hand. Just a pity that neither Morecambe or Leyton Orient could not manage to do us a favour today.
ON STANLEY ON
:alright::cheers::drink::signbeer:

choirboy 13-02-2016 18:03

Not a bad turn out from home fans on a cold day about 1300 form Accy and forty something from Crawley.!

Redraine 13-02-2016 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1161040)
Matt crooks had several golden chances but chose to pass and the strikers ballooned them. I think Matt has just lost confidence in front of goal, He has skyed the last couple of sitters and I think that is his weakness at the moment.

Sorry, but I thought he played a big part in our second half dominance. After a first half where none of our lot broke out of their sideways passing rut he went for goal determinedly and forced the keeper into spelling the shot to Billy for his goal. After that he looked dangerous to me with his forward runs and harrying of their defence into chasing their tails as we attacked with a vengeance.

Tom D 13-02-2016 18:42

The issue in the first half was crooks and seamus were man marked. This continued after the break, but our centre halves worked out they could basically dribble the ball 40 yards with no pressure, first time we did this we scored. No coincidence!

choirboy 13-02-2016 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1161065)
Sorry, but I thought he played a big part in our second half dominance. After a first half where none of our lot broke out of their sideways passing rut he went for goal determinedly and forced the keeper into spelling the shot to Billy for his goal. After that he looked dangerous to me with his forward runs and harrying of their defence into chasing their tails as we attacked with a vengeance.

Hmmmm... I think that Matt did quite well but today but he has had much better games for Stanley. His 'Unlocking' of the Crawley defence was a mis hit shot which the keeper Jones spilled straight to Billy, who as a good predatorial centre forward should, was in the right place to 'pick up the pieces' and put the ball into the net! Matt had a couple of other opportunities to shoot which were somewhat wayward. Matt also got booked once again unnecessarily for a nothing foul in midfield. Seamus was the real driving force particularly in the second half when we found more space after the sending offs! Having said all that Matt was part of a great second half performance by the Stanley team as a whole.

AccyMad 13-02-2016 21:54

Definitely a game of two halves - we started well in first half but then seemed to go off the boil a bit & thought game was gonna fizzle out, how wrong could I be?!
The ref - what can I say, he never had much control over proceedings but completely lost it during & after 'Shaygate' - inept wasn't in it!
How on earth Crawley's no. 21, Tomlin stayed on the pitch I'll never know - feel a little sorry for Mooney, yes i know he shouldn't have gone on the pitch but can quite understand why he did - to see a teammate being punched like that would make the red mist descend & he didn't go on to join in the fray but was trying to separate those who were involved.
At the end of the day though Stanley were good value for the three points, something that some Crawley fans in the Crown afterwards agreed with - just hope we can build on the result on Tuesday, bring 'em on :)

Chrisr 13-02-2016 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1161065)

I was not suggesting Matt played badly second half. first half none of them were at the races in real terms. I have to suggest the man of the match for me was Brad Halliday. Brilliant playmaker.

accybeme 14-02-2016 05:49

a game of two half's, in the first half the Ref allowed Crawley a free hand with their bulling tactics with many fouls going unpunished, indeed not a card was shown until after Billy equalizer, the fist yellow was for Ashton's for a late challenge on Shay 5 mins later Shay made a late challenge on Ashton and all hell breaks loose red cards for Shay (Jason for pitch invasion silly boy) & (Walton who I presume was mistakenly identified for Tomlin) the outcome was Crawley lost a king pin in their defence and we lost Shay who had been largely ineffective in the game after that the game swung totaly in Stanleys favour with three goal coming from Pearson Connelly & Mingoia

monkey hanger 14-02-2016 08:15

first half totally forgettable. second half to be remembered for a long time. referee not helped by is assistants. the main stand mcdonalds lover seemed more interested in his next happy meal until the handbags came out. how Jason got a red is beyond me. ran on the pitch, had a few words with the thug Walton and then ran off. I watched the incident all the way. a yellow for entering the field of play without permission for me. would be interested to see the refs sending off report. must play for 90 mins. against Carlisle though. who will play in place of shay on Tuesday. any suggestions.

lancsdave 14-02-2016 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1161122)
who will play in place of shay on Tuesday. any suggestions.

Crooks will be a bigger miss for the next 2 games.

accybeme 14-02-2016 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1161123)
Crooks will be a bigger miss for the next 2 games.

find it hard to believe Crooks with 10 yellows & Nicky Hunt only 7

Chrisr 14-02-2016 12:22

Coley makes a good point in his after match interview, Jason gets a red card for going on the pitch, yet The Crawley subs also went on and got involved but did not get a card. I think these officials should be retired. It is not an easy job but for these the time has come.

accybeme 14-02-2016 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1161137)
Coley makes a good point in his after match interview, Jason gets a red card for going on the pitch, yet The Crawley subs also went on and got involved but did not get a card. I think these officials should be retired. It is not an easy job but for these the time has come.

yeah but com-on chris even an inept referee cant forget the statue of our gentle giant

lancsdave 14-02-2016 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1161143)
yeah but com-on chris even an inept referee cant forget the statue of our gentle giant

I don't think the referee would have done anything if the 4th official hadn't called him over

baldy 15-02-2016 06:19

Anyone know what Shay got sent off for because the referee wasn't even going to stop the game if the fracas hadn't have happened never mind send him off for the late challenge!

monkey hanger 15-02-2016 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1161172)
Anyone know what Shay got sent off for because the referee wasn't even going to stop the game if the fracas hadn't have happened never mind send him off for the late challenge!

too far away for me to see the challenge. if sshay had been protected earlier as billy kee should have been it probably wouldn,t have happened. the off the ball stuff started early on against billy and only a few mins earlier shay had been taken out late with no punishment for the offender. not an easy job to referee as I know especially when one side do not want to play. a couple of cards earlier might have sorted things out. a horrible side who in the end got what they diserved but we ,ve lost two with suspensions due to this.

pifco 15-02-2016 10:22

I don't know about one side not wanting to play, Crawley outplayed us in the first half by a fair margin. The second was made easy for us after some diabolical decisions by all four officials the major one for us being the sending off of their best defender who didn't seem to do anything except calm the players down.

Red-Osbornello 15-02-2016 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pifco (Post 1161180)
the sending off of their best defender who didn't seem to do anything except calm the players down.

The Crawley #4 who got sent off appeared to give Shay a bit of a kick on the floor. Was more surprised their #21 didn't get a red to be honest as he was the main guy smacking Shay in the face.

Revived Red 15-02-2016 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by pifco (Post 1161180)
I don't know about one side not wanting to play, Crawley outplayed us in the first half by a fair margin.

I must have been watching a very different game. I thought that we played some reasonable football in the first half but without ever threatening to score. Crawley scored in what was their first real attacking move.

However .....

I am worried about the aftermath of the fracas. I suspect that Stanley (and Crawley) will be charged with failing to keep control of their players. That would be a total injustice. It was the referee who failed to keep control. Instead of relying totally on the referee's report, which seems to hold almost biblical status, maybe the FA panel should look at the video evidence - as they do in other disciplinary cases. The video would show exactly what each player did or did not do. And what the inept officials did or did not do.

AccyMad 15-02-2016 13:25

We're appealing Mooney's red card, seems fourth official & ref said that Jason had grabbed someone by the throat??? Hopefully when they look at the footage which will show he did no such thing, it will also show what certain Crawley players did do - pity they can't be issued with a retrospective red card for their shenanigans

AccyMad 15-02-2016 16:13

Mooney's appeal successful!! Get in - :)

cashman 15-02-2016 16:27

Thats good, shame they dont punish the ref.

accybeme 15-02-2016 17:41

there are some good picture of the rumpus on kipax.com

maccawozzagod 15-02-2016 17:43

Their number 4 did indeed kick Shay whilst on he was on the floor. Kipax has photos up on facebook that show him nowhere near the incident, then approach, then legs bent, then he ended up on the floor as well.

AccyMad 15-02-2016 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1161209)
Their number 4 did indeed kick Shay whilst on he was on the floor. Kipax has photos up on facebook that show him nowhere near the incident, then approach, then legs bent, then he ended up on the floor as well.

And yet Crawley have lodged an appeal against his red card, don't know how they have the brass neck???? :confused:

choirboy 15-02-2016 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1161172)

Fully agree with your astute observation Baldy. I watched the Sky sports coverage last night, which is a bit longer than the Channel 5 shows coverage. Neither the referee or his assistant gave a foul. The coverage shows the Ref turning away to run up the pitch. It was only when the Crawley players waded in that he blew his whistle!:eek:
When two players going for the same loose ball but are approaching at right angles to each other then it is highly likely that whoever gets to the ball first will be contacted by the other player. Had Shay got to the ball first then he would have got the Crawley players boot on top of his foot! For me it was not a malicious foul by Shay but a mistimed tackle and should have merited nothing more than a yellow card.
The Crawley players over reaction caused the rumpus which ironically allowed us to get the upper hand by exploiting the space freed up in midfield!:jimbo:
Just seen on another post that Mooney's red card has been rescinded....... Agreement by the FA officials that the Ref was indeed a 'Numpty'!:whack:

monkey hanger 16-02-2016 08:45

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1161191]We're appealing Mooney's red card, seems fourth official & ref said that Jason had grabbed someone by the throat???

how about a three match ban for the above pair. if their eyesight or judgement is that bad then a rest for them is needed. problem is nothing will be done as the up and coming officials are far worse. pop down to a non league game if you get the chance to see what we,ll be getting in a few years time its quite frightening. we have a couple of assesors at my local referees society and they agree with me.

Revived Red 16-02-2016 10:08

Having looked at Kipax's photos, there is no doubt that retrospective action should be taken against at least two other Crawley players, notably their no. 25 who (foolishly) wanted a war with Matt Crooks throughout the game.

Redraine 16-02-2016 14:27

It is one of Coley's more endearing habits that he always gives the opposition more credit than they often deserve in his post match comments. I wish he hadn't done so this time as Mark Yates's lying remarks on the game are a disgrace. He is lucky that Shane isn't sueing his players for mass assault and eye gouging.

KiTChener 16-02-2016 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1161208)
there are some good picture of the rumpus on kipax.com

Disgraceful pics, I hope that they may be used to take retrospective action against certain individuals, including the officials !!!

Well done, Kipax, I think your photos, being closer to the action than videos, shows just how intent on trouble the Crawley players were, including their subs !

cashman 16-02-2016 15:43

The club should send those pics to the relevant authority, in my view.:(

Exile on Spencer St 16-02-2016 15:49

Lancashire Constabulary !?! :eek:

baldy 16-02-2016 16:02

Crawley appealed their mans sending off and been turned down!

cashman 16-02-2016 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1161278)

Then that tells me with letting Mooney off, they are aware were the real blame lies? think stanley should take this further,

AccyMad 16-02-2016 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1161278)

And rightly so, thought at first he was an innocent party & had been a case of mistaken identity but as Kipax's photos show that wasn't the case at all so I suppose the ref at least got one thing right!

choirboy 16-02-2016 17:09

I have just had a good look at Kipax's photos. Excellent quality photos as always but they clearly show some deplorable behaviour by the Crawley No 21 !!! The way he grabs Shay round the head and neck from behind, then sticking his fingers in Shay's eyes is totally unacceptable!:eek: Crooksy did a controlled rescue job in pulling the No 21 away. The no 21 should be cited retrospectively by the FA and, IMHO, he should be given something like a SIX match ban!:mad: