Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Oxford United Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/oxford-united-match-thread-68006.html)

choirboy 20-02-2016 10:53

Oxford United Match Thread

A very tough fixture away to Oxford United today.
Stanley have a few injury problems and two key suspensions which will severely limit the choice of players available today.
I think that it is unlikely that we will get any points from the match today.
If we manage a draw I think it will be an excellent result. A win would be outstanding and be the best result of the season!
Oxford have some excellent players and with the likes of Rose, Sercombe, Hylton and Roofe it is certainly going to be difficult to keep their score down. Roofe is on fire this season and Danny Hylton ALWAYS seem to score against us!
With the injuries and suspensions in our squad it is going to be interesting to see the line up that John and Jimmy put out this afternoon........Any thoughts on the possible line up?
Definitely a tough match but I am sure that the team will be giving their all as usual.
ON STANLEY ON

Tom D 20-02-2016 11:24

Re: Oxford United Match Thread

Gornell to start? Or play another midfielder? Billy would prob struggle to create much without another striker playing off him.

choirboy 20-02-2016 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1161570)
Gornell to start? Or play another midfielder? Billy would prob struggle to create much without another striker playing off him.

Possible starting eleven???

Etheridge,
Halliday, Wright, Pearson (if fit), Wakefield,
Mingoia, Coneely, Procter, McConville,
Gornell, Kee

If Pearson is not fit Procky or Coneely might have to play Centre Back!

Tom D 20-02-2016 12:07

What about Davies?

Chrisr 20-02-2016 12:30

I would be surprised if Tom Davies does not start, He was superb against Carlisle a cool headed organiser and a great defender, He can certainly read the game.

Mr Matthew 20-02-2016 13:21

Team is:

Etheridge, Halliday, Wright, Davies, Pearson, Mingoia, Brown, Conneely, McConvile, Boco and Kee.

No Gornell even on the bench?

Redraine 20-02-2016 13:32

Gornell injured. Quite like the look of that team, but in the absence of our three most dangerous attacking direct players surely Bruna should be in there. He has pace, and power and the ability to take players on, but never gets a look in. Does my head in!

cashman 20-02-2016 13:32

Surprised no gornell, :confused: pleased Davies is in.

lancsdave 20-02-2016 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1161609)
Gornell injured. Quite like the look of that team, but in the absence of our three most dangerous attacking direct players surely Bruna should be in there. He has pace, and power and the ability to take players on, but never gets a look in. Does my head in!

Bruna is in Canada isn't he ?

Redraine 20-02-2016 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1161611)
Bruna is in Canada isn't he ?

Already? I thought it was and end of season deal. What a waste if he is.

Redraine 20-02-2016 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1161613)
Already? I thought it was and end of season deal. What a waste if he is.

Goes on July 1st according to Chrisr's earlier thread. Still time for him to score a shed full of goals for us!:D

sausage butty 20-02-2016 13:56

According to Twitter, Bruna is already in Canada and in pre season training with his new club.

cashman 20-02-2016 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage butty (Post 1161621)
According to Twitter, Bruna is already in Canada and in pre season training with his new club.

What a waste imho

cashman 20-02-2016 14:30

1-0 Oxford.:eek:

cashman 20-02-2016 14:51

1-0 Half Time Sean Mac hit bar just before break, we can still get summat from this.