Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Crooks? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/crooks-68202.html)

Inspector Morse 18-04-2016 14:17

Crooks?

Anyone know if Crooks is fit for tomorrow?

LET suggest Brown and Gornell out.

Red-Osbornello 18-04-2016 14:19

Re: Crooks?

Match preview on the fishy site suggests he's back in training.

I'd be surprised if he's thrown straight back in though.

smudgie 18-04-2016 14:42

Buxton in there for me.

cashman 18-04-2016 15:14

Gotta agree wi Buxton if crooksy aint ready.

AccyMad 18-04-2016 15:41

Or Rommy??

Exile on Spencer St 18-04-2016 15:49

What's the problem with Terry Gornell? He played a good part in the win at Luton and I did wonder, given Professor Coleman's preference for sticking with an unbeaten team, whether Billy Kee might have to wait.
Didn't see the game on Saturday but suspect Crooks' absence was a big issue. As someone else noted, Dr.Proctor is a Stanley hero but unlikely to be many folks' first choice as an attacking midfielder.
I wonder if Bucko could do Captain Conneely's more defensive role and the captain adapt to the attacking midfield role?
Edit: of course, had overlooked M.Boco.

Inspector Morse 18-04-2016 16:04

I think Gornells ill.

What about Pearson in midfield and Buxton at LB?

I think Buxton's a good player but seems easily wandered at times.

smudgie 18-04-2016 17:00

Gornell is ill apparently..............

football19 18-04-2016 17:00

I would have experimented with bucko earlier in the campaign,but not now,too Mitch at stake,then again you could drop windass back and put boco or ANother up with Billy

baldy 18-04-2016 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1166573)
I would have experimented with bucko earlier in the campaign,but not now,too Mitch at stake,then again you could drop windass back and put boco or ANother up with Billy

Rommy alongside Seamus for me, You know you'll get a shift out of him and prefer Windass on the attack!

Anthony Barry isn't a bad player, Just depends how match fit he is!

cashman 18-04-2016 18:58

Agree wi baldy Windass is much preferable in attack. Bucko or Rommy alongside Seamus. Bucko played great in that position at Leeds the other year, so either for me will be fine.:)

monkey hanger 19-04-2016 08:29

if it was earlier in the season we could move a few players around but now its to keep as many lads in the same position or play like for like. I,d try bucko in place of brown with romy to come on if things are not going too well.

smudgie 19-04-2016 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1166580)
Rommy alongside Seamus for me, You know you'll get a shift out of him and prefer Windass on the attack!

Anthony Barry isn't a bad player, Just depends how match fit he is!

Would be a massive surprise to see him picked for me.

smudgie 28-04-2016 10:26

Out for the season and has kicked his last ball for stanley.......

Taken from Dan Jewell on Twitter.

cashman 28-04-2016 10:29

Shame for the lad, his replacements aint let the side down though.

smudgie 28-04-2016 10:39

I never saw him play at the top of his game, which many said he was great.

Think I was his jinx, whenever I saw him, he was incredibly average, at best.

Inspector Morse 28-04-2016 10:46

Injured scapping away against Plymouth. If we'd lost that...

Redraine 28-04-2016 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1167339)
I never saw him play at the top of his game, which many said he was great.

He was. So good that I sponsored his shirt!:)

cashman 28-04-2016 11:38

For what its worth, in my opinion until his injury was our best player.

AccyMad 28-04-2016 11:42

Shame, but with 2 games to go even if Crooksy was back fit don't think I'd change the team now? And at least he can still be there to help us celebrate next Saturday :)

cashman 28-04-2016 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1167348)
Shame, but with 2 games to go even if Crooksy was back fit don't think I'd change the team now? And at least he can still be there to help us celebrate next Saturday :)

Have to agree n i'm a big crooksy fan,:)

football19 28-04-2016 15:28

Massive fan of his,may not be the most aggressive tackler or dominate in the air,but the kid is class.
A marker for a good player(what scouts look for) is TABS,technique,attitude,balance and speed,and he's got the lot !!!(and windass)
Pray the lad fully recovers from his op and look forward to following his career

choirboy 28-04-2016 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1167348)

Yes, I too would agree with you.:hehetable
Crooksy has played a superb part in our improvement this season. He was at the centre of the development of the 'slick Passing Game' that the squad developed part way into the season. We do play a different style now based more on 'Energy, steel, harassing opponents and covering and playing for each other!':alright:
Good luck to both Crooksy and Josh Windass next season.....and I for one would welcome both lads back if it doesn't work out in Scotland!
OMG......I hope that we can get the points needed in the last two matches..................:theband:
ON STANLEY ON
:cheers::wave8::drink::signbeer:

Exile on Spencer St 28-04-2016 20:03

Thanks for this season and good luck to Messrs Crooks and Windass.

By the way, have never understood the 'rules' about players, contracts, and transfers (and, to a large extent don't mind as I my interest is in football, not banking) but interesting story today that Burnley will be getting £8million 'compensation' for Ings, even though the latter, as with the two above, saw out his contract with the Clarets before moving.

SamF 29-04-2016 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1167372)
Thanks for this season and good luck to Messrs Crooks and Windass.

By the way, have never understood the 'rules' about players, contracts, and transfers (and, to a large extent don't mind as I my interest is in football, not banking) but interesting story today that Burnley will be getting £8million 'compensation' for Ings, even though the latter, as with the two above, saw out his contract with the Clarets before moving.

That was a English FA(Burnley) -> English FA(Liverpool) transfer.

In this case it's English FA(Stanley) -> Scottish FA(Rangers) and so counts as an international transfer.

Long story short it's burned us on this occasion because we're entitled to nout but it's normally the Scottish who are complaining because English clubs come in and poach their best talent for peanuts.

And to bring this back on track :) Crooks is the best footballer I've seen in a Stanley shirt. Some of the passes he picks out I've only seen at Premier League level.

monkey hanger 29-04-2016 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1167347)
For what its worth, in my opinion until his injury was our best player.

just back from monkey hanger land again and if crooksy improves on his finishing he won,t be at rangers long. he,ll be signed by some English premier outfit. hope he,s at the last match of the season when we can wish him all the best.

Red-Osbornello 29-04-2016 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1167400)
if crooksy improves on his finishing he won,t be at rangers long..

I've heard a few people comment on his finishing.

I know in his first stint and the second half of this season he has blundered a few, but at the beginning of this season no-one could stop him scoring - and seem to recall the majority were wonder goals!

Perhaps he just needs more consistency in front of goal, or perhaps he should stick to shooting from 30 yards out. :)

lancsdave 29-04-2016 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello (Post 1167406)

I know in his first stint and the second half of this season he has blundered a few, but at the beginning of this season no-one could stop him scoring - and seem to recall the majority were wonder goals!

Perhaps he just needs more consistency in front of goal, or perhaps he should stick to shooting from 30 yards out. :)

Probably more valid to question his finishing if he was a centre forward :)

monkey hanger 30-04-2016 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello (Post 1167406)

its the headers from 5 yards and the half chances close in where he,s got to improve. still only a young player and I,m sure he will improve with a little more composure. do not like to criticise our best player but he,s not the finished article and could go a long way. wonder what they are thinking in Huddersfield now.

cashman 30-04-2016 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1167452)
its the headers from 5 yards and the half chances close in where he,s got to improve. still only a young player and I,m sure he will improve with a little more composure. do not like to criticise our best player but he,s not the finished article and could go a long way. wonder what they are thinking in Huddersfield now.

Convinced it wont be that long before the lads "Championship" Level at the least.