Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Cooky being nice to us ..... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/cooky-being-nice-to-us-68248.html)

Chimer 06-05-2016 12:25

Cooky being nice to us .....

Thought I would share this with you from our local paper .....

Pompey boss: We will honour Northampton achievement - Portsmouth News

If you read on past the cobblers about the Cobblers, you'll get to the nice bit.

I still don't want to see anotther Stanley v Pompey game this season, even if it is at Wembley!

AccyMad 06-05-2016 12:59

Re: Cooky being nice to us .....

I bet those comments stuck in his throat! If Portsmouth fail in the play offs his job would almost certainly be on the line, after the money they've spent I'd imagine that not achieving the promotion expected of them would not go down very well at all.

Chimer 12-05-2016 19:29

Just listening to the Pompey-Plymouth first leg, radio for the commentary, windows open for the crowd (about a mile away). 1-0 Pompey first minute, 1-1 after 9, Cooky sent to stand :eek: after 11 for protesting about not getting a red card against Argyle's scorer, who scored again after 19 ...... Pompey getting back into it just before half-time. Post-match comments should be interesting :D

Chimer 12-05-2016 19:58

... and the Argyle coach went at the same time! Leam in charge on the touchline ....

Chimer 12-05-2016 20:01

Goal for Stanley, sort of ... 2-2, Gary Roberts pen.

cashman 12-05-2016 21:04

Right watched the game, was a good full blooded affair, thought pompey had the edge, but can someone explain to me WHY outa all the play-off games, is ours the last to be played? after all we only missed out on goal difference. so why should we be last?

choirboy 12-05-2016 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1168470)
Right watched the game, was a good full blooded affair, thought pompey had the edge, but can someone explain to me WHY outa all the play-off games, is ours the last to be played? after all we only missed out on goal difference. so why should we be last?

Cashy....
They are simply SAVING THE BEST UNTIL LAST!!!!
:mosher:

cashman 12-05-2016 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1168471)
Cashy....
They are simply SAVING THE BEST UNTIL LAST!!!!
:mosher:

Thats a great way to look at it.;) be we know better.

nige b 12-05-2016 22:06

Birthday tomorrow could be a horrible weekend or a great one as my other lot Derby are on early doors, just please do it Stanley!!!

AccyMad 13-05-2016 05:49

Just glad we're not playing tonight - Friday 13th, no thank you - we've had enough bad luck! :)

Chimer 13-05-2016 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1168470)

Just 'cos you're paranoid doesn't mean everybody's out to get you :D!

Seems to me this has fallen quite nicely, a couple of extra days to get over last Saturday and 3 days less to wait for the final after we get the business done - Portsmouth or Plymouth will have over a fortnight to kick their heels.

lancsdave 13-05-2016 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1168486)
Just 'cos you're paranoid doesn't mean everybody's out to get you :D!

Seems to me this has fallen quite nicely, a couple of extra days to get over last Saturday and 3 days less to wait for the final after we get the business done - Portsmouth or Plymouth will have over a fortnight to kick their heels.

Nightmare for some of us :(