Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Clayton End interlopery (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/clayton-end-interlopery-68467.html)

maccawozzagod 26-08-2016 18:33

Clayton End interlopery

Due to my disdain for alcohol I left the pub early after the Burnley match and forgot to ask for the experience of an interloper. So, Accymad ... how was your experience of moving from your pressbox usual gaffe to the less refined salubriosity of The Clayton End?

cashman 26-08-2016 19:08

Re: Clayton End interlopery

I reckon it was a big improvement after all she saw me.:D

AccyMad 26-08-2016 19:13

Interloper?? Not sure I like that description - more a lucky charm on Wednesday i think &
I have stood on there for games before you know :)
Anyhow, to answer I thoroughly enjoyed the experience thank you, not sure I could do it every week (was stiff as a board when I got home after standing for nearly 3 hours)but I will definitely be visiting the Clayton End again on occasion:)

AccyMad 26-08-2016 19:18

P.s. - our usual seats in front of the press are definitely not as refined as you might think, specially when me mother gets in full flow - like someone said on Wednesday maybe we were asked to move for a reason ;)

Exile on Spencer St 26-08-2016 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1175561)
P.s. - our usual seats in front of the press are definitely not as refined as you might think, specially when me mother gets in full flow - like someone said on Wednesday maybe we were asked to move for a reason ;)

Is it her colourful language that offends Professor Coleman's delicate ears?:rolleyes:

MikeA 26-08-2016 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1175559)
I reckon it was a big improvement after all she saw me.:D

And it still hasn't put her off?

DAV007 27-08-2016 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1175596)
And it still hasn't put her off?

Cashman is a Stanley legend, they should name the new stand after him

AccyMad 27-08-2016 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1175592)
Is it her colourful language that offends Professor Coleman's delicate ears?:rolleyes:

Ha, ha - not exactly but most of the regular visiting press people know her & are on first name terms :)

Lord Didsbury 28-08-2016 16:04

We made the transition from main stand to join the Ultras on Wednesday and I think there's no going back. That drummer boy bashes out such a mean tune - when Twist and Shout was in full flow I closed my eyes and it could have been Ringo at Shea Stadium.

For full stereo effect we positioned ourselves close to an old cockney boy who shouted "come on Stanelee" so loud and often that his teeth nearly fell out.

Another bonus is that i get to see the towering god like figure of the Don at close quarters. Isn't he marvellous?

All in all, the Clayton End is magnificent. You can even make a hasty sprint to get in early for the pie and pint special offer, although I suspect I might have to sprint a bit faster when Dav007 sorts out the peppered pie seasoning and the clamour for them soars.

cashman 28-08-2016 16:12

Yer a proper Stanley Fan now yer a Clayton Ender LORD D. theres quite a few main standers i know would still be if circumstances permitted.;)

Exile on Spencer St 28-08-2016 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1175755)
?...That drummer boy bashes out such a mean tune - when Twist and Shout was in full flow I closed my eyes and it could have been Ringo at Shea Stadium.

Ha, ha...he's not even the best drummer in the Clayton End :rolleyes:

monkey hanger 29-08-2016 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1175756)
Yer a proper Stanley Fan now yer a Clayton Ender LORD D. theres quite a few main standers i know would still be if circumstances permitted.;)

would love to join the clayton end army but i prefer a side on view of the game although some in the moan stand need to take a long hard look at themselves if they think they,re stanley fans.

cashman 29-08-2016 08:44

Must say i dont mind a side view, but much prefer the atmosphere behind the goal.