Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Windass Bankrupt (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/windass-bankrupt-68554.html)

Lost in Cornwall 04-10-2016 07:37

Windass Bankrupt

According to the BBC Dean Windass has had a bankruptcy hearing charged with owing £150000 to the taxman. I presume that's why he was so desperate to get his son to Rangers in the hope he might bail him out.

monkey hanger 04-10-2016 08:27

Re: Windass Bankrupt

so sad, couldn,t get off to sleep last night.

winstanley asfc 04-10-2016 09:25

Perhaps "small team"(isn't that what he called us?) Accy's owner could offer to bail him out.Then withdraw the offer when he accepts it?:D

AccyMad 04-10-2016 09:47

I'm really not one to gloat over other people's misfortunes but it couldn't happen to a nicer fella & is obviously why he was so desperate to ride on the coat tails of Josh's career & willing to bleat to the press at every opportunity - he must've made a decent living over the years & managed to lose it all, no sympathy whatsoever I'm afraid

choirboy 04-10-2016 19:20

Who is this Dean Windass fellow?:dummy:

cashman 05-10-2016 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1178303)
Who is this Dean Windass fellow?:dummy:

in Hull the local drunk.:rolleyes:

DAV007 05-10-2016 18:34

Some horrible comments on this thread

Mr.T please close the thread down

To the Windass family, I apologise on behalf of the club for some of the sickening comments from a minority of 'fans' and wish you well for the future.

AccyMad 05-10-2016 19:04

I don't need anyone apologising to anyone else on my behalf thank you! If I thought I'd said anything wrong I'm quite capable of saying sorry all by myself - everyone's entitled to their opinion & if you think Windass senior's an ok bloke, fair enough - doesn't mean you've the right to apologise for other people's opinions

Shurm 05-10-2016 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1178390)

To the Windass family, I apologise on behalf of the club for some of the sickening comments from a minority of 'fans' and wish you well for the future.

Sickening comments ?? Get a grip, someones living beyond their means if they owe £150,000 !!

cashman 05-10-2016 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1178390)

Since when have you been able to speak on behalf of the club? surely yer not that far up yer own arse?:rolleyes:

Lord Didsbury 05-10-2016 19:56

The guy suffers from alcoholism and depression. He's down on his luck after being the sort of player I'd have thought many Stanley fans would have admired. He's also Josh's dad who probably wants the best for him even if it was at our expense.

I'm largely with Dav007 on wishing him well - although not on his request to take the thread down.

Now, if it had been Alex Ferguson....

st06nc2 05-10-2016 20:02

Karma really is the B word

Lord Stiffupperlip 05-10-2016 21:05

Gentlemen,
There are always two sides to every story. Can I suggest before anyone starts throwing stones, they read the article from the Hull Daily Mail, which throws some light on the background to this media headline. This is about a business investment which was quite legal at the time, but has since been outlawed by our friends at HMRC. Other major football celebrities such as Gary Lineker and Wayne Rooney were also involved in similar business 'investments'.
There have been several occasions over the past few years when our beloved club itself teetered on the verge of bankruptcy, so perhaps we should all remember the old adage about 'people who live in glass houses'.
When it comes to a battle between HMRC and Joe Public, I know who's side I'm on!

Hull City legend Dean Windass: 'I'm not a tax dodger' | Hull Daily Mail

AccyMad 06-10-2016 06:26

To be honest, I don't really give a damn how this has come about - sounds like yet more high earners trying to avoid paying their dues to me, something the ordinary person in the street wouldn't get away with.
No Stanley fan will ever forget our battles with the taxman, rattling buckets, midnight vigils etc.but neither do they forget when someone has slagged off our club after we gave their son his chance to get back into league football when nobody else was interested.

cashman 06-10-2016 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1178424)
To be honest, I don't really give a damn how this has come about - sounds like yet more high earners trying to avoid paying their dues to me, something the ordinary person in the street wouldn't get away with.
No Stanley fan will ever forget our battles with the taxman, rattling buckets, midnight vigils etc.but neither do they forget when someone has slagged off our club after we gave their son his chance to get back into league football when nobody else was interested.

Exactly, treat people like they treat you, in my world, DO-Gooders can go get knotted.:rolleyes: