Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Match Thread - FA Cup v Luton Town (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/match-thread-fa-cup-v-luton-town-68788.html)

choirboy 06-01-2017 15:33

Match Thread - FA Cup v Luton Town

Copied and pasted this from an earlier 'Match Thread' as it applies to all our matches.........

Yet another MASSIVE MATCH for The STANLEY.
.......They are ALL BIG MATCHES these days it seems!
That "TWELFTH MAN" on the terraces is really needed today!

COME ON THE REDS:theband:
ON STANLEY ON.
:wave8:

This time it is the FA Cup 3rd Round v Luton Town, at home Saturday 7th January 2016.

I am sure that Coley and Jimmy and the team will have been working on the psychology of developing that 'Winning Mentality' or 'ruthlessness' that we have perhaps lacked this season. Cup matches need to be won at the first attempt really especially when drawn at home. So I fully expect the Stanley team to be really going for it tomorrow. At stake is a healthy winning bonus but possibly a very large bonus if we won and then drew a big club.........

COME ON STANLEY:wave8::signbeer:
PLAY UP FOR THE CUP YOU REDS:theband::thepint:
KEEP THE FAITH
:s_gupjump:s_gupjump:signbeer::cheers:

yonmon 06-01-2017 17:41

Re: Match Thread - FA Cup v Luton Town

Oh dear....look what I've found to cheer our hearts !.

Man in the middle: Darren Deadman - hugely experienced official who is now in his 14th season, showing 99 yellows and five red cards in his 28 games this season ,

Still, it could have been worse I suppose ?.

ON STANLEY ON... TO GREATER THINGS !.

AccyMad 06-01-2017 18:03

Not good news for us at all, our record in matches with Mr.Deadman in charge doesn't make good reading - still, suppose things could change tomorrow - there's a first time for everything :rolleyes:

accybeme 06-01-2017 18:10

McGeehan out with broken leg, great player, wish him a speedy return, see they have signed D'ath from the cobblers as cover, FA cup magic Stanley to win

Exile on Spencer St 06-01-2017 19:05

This may be just my tablet, or it may be just the FA's incompetence, but there is no mention of Stanley's game agin Luton on the sweet FA's official web site.
The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - Competitions | The FA

accybeme 06-01-2017 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1184592)
This may be just my tablet, or it may be just the FA's incompetence, but there is no mention of Stanley's game agin Luton on the sweet FA's official web site.
The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - Competitions | The FA

try page 2 match no. 31

Chrisr 06-01-2017 19:42

I shall not be in attendance tomorrow, Just as well as with this referee our chances of winning which were slim have been drastically reduced. It is a sad day when you just know the ref is going to spoil a game.

choirboy 06-01-2017 20:54

From all your comments it looks like we will all be on 'Referee Watch' tomorrow!:bigglasse

Chewbacca 06-01-2017 23:34

No mention of ticket sales in the articles on the front page of the ASFC site involving the game.

Either sold out or not on sale now, or the people running the club think money is not really needed. Shambles.

monkey hanger 07-01-2017 07:53

i,ve just got a funny feeling we,ll all be happy by 5 tonight. don,t know why its probebly because a lot of us have written the game off for one reason or another. its just stanley i suppose.

AccyMad 07-01-2017 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1184616)
No mention of ticket sales in the articles on the front page of the ASFC site involving the game.

Either sold out or not on sale now, or the people running the club think money is not really needed. Shambles.

Might not be too clear but in the 'match info' section it gives prices, says it's an all pay game & that you have to get a ticket before going through the turnstiles so it seems it's just the usual match day process to me.
Hope so, I haven't got a ticket yet as decided to wait till today to make my mind up & after my first week back to the grind after the Christmas break I think I need my Stanley fix so will be at the ticket booth early with money in my grubby mitt :)

yonmon 07-01-2017 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1184626)
Might not be too clear but in the 'match info' section it gives prices, says it's an all pay game & that you have to get a ticket before going through the turnstiles so it seems it's just the usual match day process to me.
Hope so, I haven't got a ticket yet as decided to wait till today to make my mind up & after my first week back to the grind after the Christmas break I think I need my Stanley fix so will be at the ticket booth early with money in my grubby mitt :)

And I hope that you will find it to be money well spent !... glad that your grubby little fist is on the mend !.

See you there !

KTF

DAV007 07-01-2017 10:12

Can anyone clarify, does a 3rd round stub guarantee you a 4th round ticket?

monkey hanger 07-01-2017 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1184630)
Can anyone clarify, does a 3rd round stub guarantee you a 4th round ticket?

keep it just in case, if we did manage to win and draw a high profile club at home in the next round i imagine there will be meltdown on here if anyone who goes today can,t get hold of one because of sponsors etc.

DAV007 07-01-2017 10:54

surely monkey hanger, they wouldnt do that!