Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Half price shirts? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/half-price-shirts-68832.html)

AccyMad 21-01-2017 11:11

Half price shirts?

Are we gonna be changing shirts again? On twitter that home & away shirts are all half price, the away one was brand new in at the start of this season wasn't it?

Rowlf 21-01-2017 11:52

Re: Half price shirts?

They must be following the Premiership and Championship clubs . They change home and away strips every year.

maccawozzagod 21-01-2017 11:55

We've changed at least 2 shirts every season for about 10 years

Lord Stiffupperlip 21-01-2017 12:03

I'd be interested to know what our fans think of our reverting to our traditional red shirts,
rather than the kit suppliers 'generic' stripe shirts, worn by so many other league teams?
To the best of my knowledge, Stanley have never worn 'stripes' before?????

AccyMad 21-01-2017 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1185969)
We've changed at least 2 shirts every season for about 10 years

We probably have but I don't remember them going down to half price as early as January? That doesn't usually happen till the new shirt appears

Greger 21-01-2017 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1185971)
I'd be interested to know what our fans think of our reverting to our traditional red shirts,
rather than the kit suppliers 'generic' stripe shirts, worn by so many other league teams?
To the best of my knowledge, Stanley have never worn 'stripes' before?????

Don't think anybody would oppose a good-bye to the stripes. At least if it is not mid-season. Personally I would love something like the present Barnsley outfit.

monkey hanger 22-01-2017 08:32

can,t fans decide on what colour or kit design they want. not difficult to do. just print out a few designs, hand them out to fans and they tick what they want.

accybeme 22-01-2017 10:59

Personally I don’t like the stripes or the stick-on plastic emblem, I would love to see a predominantly
red shirt with an embroided emblem

smobile 22-01-2017 11:40

Any of the Hollands Pies one will do for me, although I do think the Cleverboxes one was the best for a long time.

Accrington Stanley (2) - Historical Football Kits

maccawozzagod 22-01-2017 13:41

Clever box ones were great, although the £90 version was ridiculous.

Hollands are the iconic shirts that may never be surpassed.

For me the Surridge ones are the best looking, although the build quality was shocking.

Overall best shirt in my opinion? The half'n'half blue yellow Samurai with the badge subliminally printed throughout

Lord Stiffupperlip 22-01-2017 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1186112)
Any of the Hollands Pies one will do for me, although I do think the Cleverboxes one was the best for a long time.

Accrington Stanley (2) - Historical Football Kits

Interesting link smobile.
Much prefer the more traditional kits to the modern striped interloper.
By the way, the 98-99 Asda sponsored shirts were supplied by Crown Sports, not Admiral & was the only season Stanley played with a 'phoenix' badge, as opposed to the town coat-of-arms.

Lord Didsbury 22-01-2017 15:10

1972-73 for me.

Exile on Spencer St 22-01-2017 15:40

Would be pleased to see a return to 'full' red home shirt but, seeing mainly away games against clubs who mostly play in red, I've got to like the blue and yellow stripes. Pretty smart away kit, IMHO.

baldy 22-01-2017 17:27

I always liked the Nike, Blue away shirt, season we won the conference i think?

sausage butty 22-01-2017 17:51

sure I read somewhere that we have the striped kits because Coleman and Bell liked the kit at Sligo