Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Orient (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/orient-68947.html)

st06nc2 01-03-2017 11:28

Orient

Issued a winding up order to be heard on 20th March, owing £250,000 to HMRC

AccyMad 01-03-2017 12:40

Re: Orient

Sounds familiar . . . . . . . .

cashman 01-03-2017 12:47

Very familiar, not good fer the fans.:(

st06nc2 01-03-2017 14:11

Chairman refuses to pay bills as he wants them sold

AccyMad 01-03-2017 16:10

Just been on sky sports, as well as the amount they owe the taxman they also have debts of £5 million!! Ouch!

cashman 01-03-2017 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1188783)
Just been on sky sports, as well as the amount they owe the taxman they also have debts of £5 million!! Ouch!

Sadly that looks like knackered to me.:eek:

choirboy 01-03-2017 17:23

Very sad to see a grand old club like Orient in such difficulties.
We've been so close to the same abyss and so we can empathise.
I really hope that they can work their way out of this fix.
:sad8:

Exile on Spencer St 01-03-2017 17:27

Sad news for decent fans of a decent club ruined by another 'fit and proper' owner.
But if the players react as have Morecambe's after their recent ownership fracas, there may be some interesting results for teams playing the Os.

st06nc2 01-03-2017 18:05

It may be bad but it can also be good for us, hey it's one less relagation spot, and with scumbag westleys Newport firmly in the other could mean safetyy

cashman 01-03-2017 18:55

Relegation has NEVER been on the cards to me this season at all.

yonmon 01-03-2017 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1188784)
Sadly that looks like knackered to me.:eek:

Their Fan's Forum is overflowing with concern ...they tend to agree with you Cashy !.

Wynonie Harris 01-03-2017 21:52

Not only have we been close to the abyss, we've actually been over it, so we should have more empathy than most with their fans. Hope they can find a way out of it.

monkey hanger 02-03-2017 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1188768)
Issued a winding up order to be heard on 20th March, owing £250,000 to HMRC

how many of these winding up orders have there been in football over the years. a miracle usually happens and gets paid at the last minuit. we all have to pay taxes even if we don,t want to do so they should do on time as well. i,ve nothing agains leyton orient at all but i do think the authorities have to take action against some club one day.

st06nc2 02-03-2017 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1188854)
how many of these winding up orders have there been in football over the years. a miracle usually happens and gets paid at the last minuit. we all have to pay taxes even if we don,t want to do so they should do on time as well. i,ve nothing agains leyton orient at all but i do think the authorities have to take action against some club one day.

This is orient, their chairman doesn't want to pay as he wants the club gone

st06nc2 02-03-2017 22:20

Leyton Orient Holdings Limited 09090146 company information

They really don't have a pot to **** in

st06nc2 02-03-2017 22:46

Accrington Stanley Football Club Limited 01287721 company information

Jesus ours is even worse, we're not even worth 1p according to that

sherry 03-03-2017 14:23

Considering that the map of the ground has been rotated 180 degrees I don't give much credence to the site.

monkey hanger 04-03-2017 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1188864)
This is orient, their chairman doesn't want to pay as he wants the club gone

i don,t want to pay council tax either but i,ve got a legal obligation to do so. surely he,s got some legal obligation also. the fans should not suffer just the owner.

st06nc2 04-03-2017 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1189021)
i don,t want to pay council tax either but i,ve got a legal obligation to do so. surely he,s got some legal obligation also. the fans should not suffer just the owner.

He might not even understands British Laws, his flat on Mayfair is up for sale so looks like he's doing a runner

monkey hanger 06-03-2017 09:10

great win for orient on saturday putting another nail into westleys career as well as newports relagation plight.

cashman 06-03-2017 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1189171)
great win for orient on saturday putting another nail into westleys career as well as newports relagation plight.

Read Newports site Westley, says hes tried everything but nothings worked.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AccyMad 06-03-2017 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1189177)
Read Newports site Westley, says hes tried everything but nothings worked.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh dear, how sad, never mind - couldn't happen to a nicer fella, bet he quits before too long :rolleyes::)

Lord Stiffupperlip 06-03-2017 13:19

Good article in todays Mail covering the plight of Orient & Newport
Newport County teetering on the edge of oblivion | Daily Mail Online

monkey hanger 06-03-2017 13:58

westley teetering on the edge of oblivion would have made a better headline.

Div3North 06-03-2017 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1189179)
Oh dear, how sad, never mind - couldn't happen to a nicer fella, bet he quits before too long :rolleyes::)

Newport Board meeting today to "discuss his future"

With a bit of luck, it'll be a short discussion! :D

VALAIRIAN 06-03-2017 15:33

I hope he stays!! Last thing we want is a new manager... Look at Notts. County and Leicester City :eek:

:) :) :)

AccyMad 06-03-2017 16:10

Can't see him staying Joe, what's that saying about rats & sinking ships? And let's face it, there's no bigger rat than Westley!

Exile on Spencer St 06-03-2017 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1189189)
Can't see him staying Joe, what's that saying about rats & sinking ships? And let's face it, there's no bigger rat than Westley!

I really think that's a totally unfair and offensive statement. Rats do not deserve to be bracketed with Westley.

cashman 06-03-2017 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1189194)
I really think that's a totally unfair and offensive statement. Rats do not deserve to be bracketed with Westley.

Quite true. Rats are only Vermin.

AccyMad 06-03-2017 18:46

I apologise to the entire population of rats, he's more like a flea on a rat - no, less - an amoeba on a flea on a rat . . . . . . & needs stamping out, asap!!

Div3North 06-03-2017 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1189185)
Newport Board meeting today to "discuss his future"

With a bit of luck, it'll be a short discussion! :D

Seems that he has the next two games (Crewe away and Morecambe away) to save his job .......... :o

maccawozzagod 06-03-2017 20:50

and yet again we cheer for Morecambe ...

Div3North 06-03-2017 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1189209)

......and the Alex :p

monkey hanger 07-03-2017 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1189216)
......and the Alex :p

wouldn,t go that far wanting a club to win who had a fanzine called super darioland.

Leylandii 09-03-2017 09:50

Next two games? Academic now -- Westley's been sacked!

monkey hanger 09-03-2017 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leylandii (Post 1189481)

sad day for all in football. never thought i would ever read such a statement. managers are not given enough time these days but i,m sure he will come back stronger for all that has happened to him over the last few months. the players at newport should really look at themselves in the mirror for how they,ve let the great ambassedor to the beautiful game down.

in other words there,re thousands who won,t see your weazle sides or yourselves till you con someone else for a job. good riddance.

st06nc2 09-03-2017 10:40

Leyton Orient owe £500 to programme printer and the caterers for there functions are refusing to work for them Over unpaid bills

AccyMad 09-03-2017 10:55

Quote:

Never happy to read someone's lost their job . . . . . . . . except in this case :D :D :D:theband: - wonder where the con artist will turn up next???

cashman 09-03-2017 15:44

Quote:

oh so there is a god after all.:D

Alvin the chipmunk 09-03-2017 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1189484)
Leyton Orient owe £500 to programme printer and the caterers for there functions are refusing to work for them Over unpaid bills

The sad thing is...unlike most clubs where this happens due to financial shortfalls or over spending....the chap CAN actually easily afford to pay the bills.

Seems they protested against him once and he threw his toys out of the pram. Its a but like owning a restaurant and refusing to pay for any ingredients. Madness.

As ex owner Barry Hearn says...if you've been through so many managers in a short space of time...perhaps the manager isn't the problem!!

st06nc2 09-03-2017 20:43

Orient match day announcer unpaid and club photography not been paid since October, lofc staff are having too pay the match day officials, could we become the final club to play against them

DAV007 09-03-2017 21:12

Sad state of affairs

Morecambe_Red 09-03-2017 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1189209)

We were preparing a chant for Westley "Sacked in the morning , your getting sacked in the morning" !!

AccyMad 10-03-2017 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red (Post 1189520)
We were preparing a chant for Westley "Sacked in the morning , your getting sacked in the morning" !!

Trust him to spoil everyone's fun :D

st06nc2 10-03-2017 06:09

Leyton Orient cancelling functions that are booked from April onwards

monkey hanger 10-03-2017 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1189516)
Orient match day announcer unpaid and club photography not been paid since October, lofc staff are having too pay the match day officials, could we become the final club to play against them

surely something could be done by the sweet fa on a short term basis till the end of the season. not exactly a cash strapped organisation then something could be done over the summer. is the owner breaking any laws of the land by doing what he,s doing, if so prosecute him. don,t know anything about company law but i,m sure someone on here has a better insight than i do. interested to read any replies.

st06nc2 10-03-2017 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1189539)
surely something could be done by the sweet fa on a short term basis till the end of the season. not exactly a cash strapped organisation then something could be done over the summer. is the owner breaking any laws of the land by doing what he,s doing, if so prosecute him. don,t know anything about company law but i,m sure someone on here has a better insight than i do. interested to read any replies.

He isn't breaking any laws with what he's doing, all he's doing is not paying bills, he paid players wages hence why the FA and PFA are staying out of it

monkey hanger 10-03-2017 08:57

i might be wrong but if you don,t pay your own bills can,t you be taken to the high court and your assets taken off you to pay them. seems to work on the tele for call in the bailiffs or am i being a bit nieve.

st06nc2 10-03-2017 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1189544)
i might be wrong but if you don,t pay your own bills can,t you be taken to the high court and your assets taken off you to pay them. seems to work on the tele for call in the bailiffs or am i being a bit nieve.

That is one option for the creditors but in this case they decided too go down the winding up route, this has frozen all bank accounts and assets which will stop the club been sold until the bill is paid off

st06nc2 10-03-2017 14:26

Orients programme Tomorow has been cut down from 68 pages to just 24 pages due to the unpaid bill

st06nc2 11-03-2017 18:58

No sky sports in any stands today, rumours they havnt paid the electric bill either

monkey hanger 12-03-2017 07:43

we thought things were bad at morecambe but surely this is another low in football.

Lord Didsbury 14-03-2017 07:52

Monkey Hanger - been thinking about this. Why doesn't the FA have some rules on funding and also, along the lines of your comment, have an emergency fund in case clubs fall into difficulty.
Obviously this means clubs/fans will end up paying into this fund but if it acts as a safety net for all then it's probably worth it.
This means, say, a club will have to work within some guidelines on overall investment and debt. Different guidelines as you move up the divisions. If the guidelines are exceeded the club is relegated. If the club needs to call on the emergency fund they are relegated two divisions.

Fans would no doubt me annoyed at relegation but it's better than going bust and it also could level the playing field a bit.

Probably this is just financial fair play rehashed, or things much discussed before and maybe it's just not possible to implement something like this?

Exile on Spencer St 14-03-2017 09:18

More something for the EFL than the FA. The FA is concerned with the administration and laws of the game at all levels, but it's the League that should be putting its house in order as regards 'fit and proper' ownership, etc.
Only problem is that the EFL represents 82 competing businesses who don't really mind if their competitors sink or swim. Below those 82 are another hundred or so clubs who'd happily take their place.
Only the fans cling to (sentimental) notions of fairness and loyalty. Twas ever and, I fear, will be thus.

monkey hanger 14-03-2017 10:19

Only the fans cling to (sentimental) notions of fairness and loyalty. Twas ever and, I fear, will be thus.[/QUOTE]

without fans to attend games football would be dead in the water. t.v. companies might disagree but the game would really have a luckwarm feeling about it. try a non league game where there,s about 100 there and you,d see what i,m getting at. the thing with leyton orient is that its a friedly type of club, if stevenage or crawley were in this mess i think we might have a lttle smirk on our faces.

Lord Didsbury 14-03-2017 13:28

fans are generally happy when a new owner comes in and gives them some dosh.
The owner is actually putting money in instead of fans to HELP buy success.
When it goes wrong (and the owner is a crook, or just an inept businessman) in a bizarre way the fans do then have a responsibility to raise money to rescue the club - since they enjoyed the good times and if they don't their club will go under.

Since this could happen to any club it would almost be a good idea that each fan pays, say, a 10p levy on each ticket that goes into a big rescue pot. Can't be bothered working it out but I bet across the leagues that's a large enough amount to bail out the occasional club that hits the ropes. Like a big insurance policy.

Would that make an owner abdicate their responsibilities? Maybe there's ways and means to apply it?

Would it be possible to apply the levy? To collect the money from the gate receipts? (maybe it's only done on season tickets and electronic sales)

Beats having to rattle collection buckets though.

st06nc2 05-04-2017 22:51

Orient unpaid still the club says it still needs afew more days, players threatening to strike

Kiwi John 06-04-2017 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1191658)
Orient unpaid still the club says it still needs afew more days, players threatening to strike

..Think they already were on March 14....:o

AccyMad 06-04-2017 06:50

What good would going on strike do them, if the money's not there it's not there for goodness,sake.
I know it must be really hard for them, they've got families to look after & bills to pay etc but they're not the first club to be in such difficulties - I don't remember our lads talking about striking when we were in the same position or Morecambe for that matter.
And what if they did go on strike, would the opposition automatically be handed the points or would their fixtures be postponed?

st06nc2 06-04-2017 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1191669)
What good would going on strike do them, if the money's not there it's not there for goodness,sake.
I know it must be really hard for them, they've got families to look after & bills to pay etc but they're not the first club to be in such difficulties - I don't remember our lads talking about striking when we were in the same position or Morecambe for that matter.
And what if they did go on strike, would the opposition automatically be handed the points or would their fixtures be postponed?

If they went on strike the club would be fined hurting the owner abit more, not sure on the exact answer but I believe the game would be postponed and played at a later date, if they strike they can be fined and sacked, but on final score other day it was mentioned that when the club are relagated most of the players will be released anyway so really they would just be starting their hols early

maccawozzagod 06-04-2017 08:09

The problem with Orient is the money IS there, but the owner has sewn up his pockets

st06nc2 06-04-2017 08:13

The owner promised the courts 1 million would be spent on the club to save it from winding up, if he can't pay the wages maybe the guy living in the 22 million pound mansion can't afford to pay the debt, I believe the next court date is 23rd June where they could be wound up

monkey hanger 07-04-2017 08:27

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1191669]What good would going on strike do them, if the money's not there it's not there for goodness,sake.
if they are not getting paid i,d support em on a strike action. if we didn,t get paid in our jobs i,d be on my way quickly or striking if we had a ballot. as someone else pointed out, the money,s there it,s just not being used.

AccyMad 07-04-2017 09:40

I can understand them feeling like going on strike but, in reality, how would that affect the other teams in the league if for instance their strike goes on to the end of the season & they can't complete their fixtures?

Exile on Spencer St 07-04-2017 11:02

It would be Sod's law if all the O's results are made null and void and Stanley lose 4+ on their GD!

st06nc2 07-04-2017 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1191815)
It would be Sod's law if all the O's results are made null and void and Stanley lose 4+ on their GD!

That would only happen if the club was wound up, failure to field a team would result in game postponement and be played at a later date

Exile on Spencer St 07-04-2017 11:47

I realise that, but AccyMad was raising a thought about what would happen if the strike carried on beyond 6th May.
The season couldn't then end, the play-offs couldn't take place until Orient rearranged and played six games. If Orient are mathematically doomed by 6 May, and the next winding-up hearing is in June, who's to say the players could be made to finish their outstanding fixtures? Just a mess.

st06nc2 07-04-2017 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1191821)
I realise that, but AccyMad was raising a thought about what would happen if the strike carried on beyond 6th May.
The season couldn't then end, the play-offs couldn't take place until Orient rearranged and played six games. If Orient are mathematically doomed by 6 May, and the next winding-up hearing is in June, who's to say the players could be made to finish their outstanding fixtures? Just a mess.

The FA would force them to play if they still refuse 3 points would be handed to the teams they should of played

Exile on Spencer St 07-04-2017 20:01

Interesting stat on the BBC Sports web site that, in the last financial year, Pompey paid the most money to agents of any League 2 club (£175K) but the second highest, at £83K, was....Leyton Orient.
This was ten times what Stanley paid, apparently.

st06nc2 07-04-2017 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1191847)
Interesting stat on the BBC Sports web site that, in the last financial year, Pompey paid the most money to agents of any League 2 club (£175K) but the second highest, at £83K, was....Leyton Orient.
This was ten times what Stanley paid, apparently.

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefaco...lish-2017.ashx

All figures there

Lemur 08-04-2017 06:41

wonder which players were involved with that fee, asfc don't usually do agent fees do they

st06nc2 08-04-2017 07:43

Leyton Orient's team selection against Cambridge United is likely to feature a minimum of first team regulars (From East London and West Essex Guardian Series)

All of orients first team out injured

monkey hanger 08-04-2017 08:26

All of orients first team out injured[/QUOTE]

if people believe that well there,s no hope for the human race.

AccyMad 08-04-2017 08:59

Who knows, maybe the youngsters of Orient will be up for taking their chance of first team football, do us a favour & beat Cambridge

st06nc2 12-04-2017 05:08

The PFA has told Orient players if they are not paid by Friday then they have every right to leave the club due to breach of contract

maccawozzagod 13-04-2017 07:15

Get Cisak on the phone

st06nc2 13-04-2017 20:06

The EFL has asked @LOFansTrust to pay Leyton Orient's match-day medical bills for the rest of the season, and the PFA has paid half of the players wages for March

st06nc2 13-04-2017 20:12

To clarify - EFL didn't ask LOFT, they instructed the club to ask them.

Can't even do their own dirty work.

st06nc2 16-04-2017 16:16

Orient today have hired a new doctor, physio and sports therapist without telling the current staff they're sacked first

st06nc2 01-05-2017 18:02

The efl have asked Blackpool not to sell Orient fans any tickets after Saturday's pitch invasion

Exile on Spencer St 01-05-2017 20:23

Presumably it's being done in fear of Orient fans invading pitch and preventing the game proceeding. In that case Blackpool may need to make sure they don't sell any home tickets too.

Chewbacca 01-05-2017 20:47

They have already been on sale for 2 weeks, but probably only sold a handful.

I wonder if they will ban away fans or just not sell anymore. It seems that BFC asked the FL not to sell anymore.

DAV007 01-05-2017 21:36

Season ticket holders only is the rumour

monkey hanger 02-05-2017 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1193489)
Season ticket holders only is the rumour

that will make blackpool jealous of our home gates then.

st06nc2 02-05-2017 18:10

They are now allowing 1000 but must be st holder of trust member

mab 10-05-2017 23:11

Looks like Orient aren't quite out of the woods yet.

Yesterday, they received a 2nd winding up order because their former stewarding company "Centre Circle Events" have said they have no contact from the club and are yet still to be paid. The court hearing is on their deadline day of June 12th to pay off all debts to everyone. I reckon they will be OK though, as the debt is only for £18,600 (unless other companies also come out of the woodwork by then, but imo, I would have thought they would have already done so.)

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...r-unpaid-debts

st06nc2 11-06-2017 19:55

So Tomorow is D-day for Orient, survival doesn't look very likely

st06nc2 11-06-2017 19:56

Bechetti needs to stump up atleast 1 million in the next 13 hours

AccyMad 12-06-2017 05:57

Best of luck to Orient today, really hope they can come out the other side of this & carry on

st06nc2 12-06-2017 10:45

Winding up order dismissed, creditors paid in full

cashman 12-06-2017 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1195798)
Winding up order dismissed, creditors paid in full

Thats real good news imho.

AccyMad 12-06-2017 12:34

Seemingly good news on the face of it but reading their forum the fans aren't doing cartwheels just yet, they're hoping their present owner has paid the creditors because he has an imminent buyer for the club but they're still very worried.
One poster states they have no players, no kit, no training ground & no word on when season tickets will be on sale & unless the club is sold within the next week fears the NL will not accept them - worrying times indeed

cashman 12-06-2017 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1195802)
Seemingly good news on the face of it but reading their forum the fans aren't doing cartwheels just yet, they're hoping their present owner has paid the creditors because he has an imminent buyer for the club but they're still very worried.
One poster states they have no players, no kit, no training ground & no word on when season tickets will be on sale & unless the club is sold within the next week fears the NL will not accept them - worrying times indeed

I'd view as good news when yeh consider the alternative.;)

st06nc2 12-06-2017 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1195802)

NL have said they will accept them in

st06nc2 12-06-2017 13:54

Budget has to be approved by National League as being "reasonably financially viable".

st06nc2 12-06-2017 13:55

They have a budget of 1.5 mil with an extra 3 mil for contingencies next season

AccyMad 12-06-2017 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1195804)
I'd view as good news when yeh consider the alternative.;)

Was just saying from their fans point of view they're a long way from being out of the woods yet - think some would rather go into administration & have to start all over again than still be saddled with the present owner