Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The Official Great Grimsby Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-official-great-grimsby-thread-69048.html)

Lord Didsbury 24-03-2017 12:21

The Official Great Grimsby Thread

So excited about this tomorrow. All the speculation about whether Chappers will be in't nets or upfront, the prospect of the entire division quaking in their boots if we win, and that all important "the only team to have scored first in 10 consecutive games" record to be smashed.

The Sun will be shining, my parents who went on holiday six weeks ago, fearing relegation are back licking their lips at the prospect of a goal fest.

Sean Clare is sadly confirmed as being out for 6 weeks, but on a brighter note Stanley have hit the headlines. I'm surprised it's not in the national papers, but that Man U bias will never be broken.

Accrington Stanley branch out to help neighbour in need (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-03-2017 12:29

Re: The Official Great Grimsby Thread

This will literally be our day in the sun!
I might even swap me thermal vest for a string one!

Inspector Morse 24-03-2017 12:35

Why is the council involved in cutting down a tree?

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-03-2017 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1190801)
Why is the council involved in cutting down a tree?

They just can't help it!
Perhaps they need the firewood?

AccyMad 24-03-2017 12:45

Why is the club involved in cutting down someone else's tree which is in their own garden? Hope it's not belonging to one of those who put complaints in about the new stand?

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-03-2017 12:49

Oh dear Lord D!
Your optimistic starter for 10.
Bet your regretting adding that link about the bleedin tree now!
:o

st06nc2 24-03-2017 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1190803)
Why is the club involved in cutting down someone else's tree which is in their own garden? Hope it's not belonging to one of those who put complaints in about the new stand?

It overhung the new car park so if it's cut down its less leaves and twigs on the carpark

DAV007 24-03-2017 15:42

your legally allowed to cut down over hang

Crown Grounder 24-03-2017 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1190810)

Oh dear! And I thought this was the Grimsby match thread...

st06nc2 24-03-2017 16:58

Quote:

Only if you give it back to the tree owner

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-03-2017 17:35

For flips sake! (sorry AccyMad) - FORGET THE BLEEDIN TREE!
Lets get back to the task in hand - talking GRIMSBY

st06nc2 24-03-2017 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1190818)
For flips sake! (sorry AccyMad) - FORGET THE BLEEDIN TREE!
Lets get back to the task in hand - talking GRIMSBY

Yes let's see I'm we can topple Grimsby and climb the football tree

AccyMad 24-03-2017 18:32

Agreed, now that we've got to the root of the problem we should leaf it alone & branch out to the original subject of the thread :)

st06nc2 24-03-2017 18:52

Hopefully grimsby won't leaf with any points

AccyMad 24-03-2017 19:03

Maybe they'll go home with all their hopes in Ash-es, & Pine-ing for what could've been

DaveinGermany 24-03-2017 19:13

Firs Fir folks, the oaken hearted Stanley boys should leave the Grimsbyites weeping like the proverbial willow. :)

Lord Didsbury 24-03-2017 19:29

Anyone else with a pun about trees? Please Get it out now so we can concentrate on the job in hand.

Like, for example....

How many goals are we going to put past the Lincolnshire losers? I've been down't pub to analyse in great detail what might unfold and unanimously. Yes, UNANIMOUSLY, we can only see a thumping, huge, and massive victory for the saintly types in red.

I think I might need to get there early. Eat a few pies, check whether there are any other shrubs that need a trim and then soak up those few moments in the sun when the players emerge to the mass adulation of the adoring fans before the complete anhilliation of our fishy friends begins.

Ye gods, I can barely control myself in eager anticipation.

DaveinGermany 24-03-2017 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190838)
check whether there are any other shrubs that need a trim .

In Yorkingshire! I'm pretty sure there'll be quite a few unruly bushes that could do with a damn good strimming, as they say, down to the wood! :eek: ;)

sherry 24-03-2017 21:28

Who's going searching for bushes in Yorkshire? It's a home match! :D

choirboy 24-03-2017 21:45

Is there any news if Seamus Coneely is fit to play tomorrow v Grimsby.:idunno:
If he is not fit it will be a big loss for us to deal with IMHO!

deeayess 24-03-2017 21:49

Quote:

Anyone else with a pun about trees? Please Get it out now so we can concentrate on the job in hand.

Like, for example....

How many goals are we going to put past the Lincolnshire losers? I've been down't pub to analyse in great detail what might unfold and unanimously. Yes, UNANIMOUSLY, we can only see a thumping, huge, and massive victory for the saintly types in red.

I think I might need to get there early. Eat a few pies, check whether there are any other shrubs that need a trim and then soak up those few moments in the sun when the players emerge to the mass adulation of the adoring fans before the complete anhilliation of our fishy friends begins.

It's clear you certainly know your onions, or am I bark-ing up the wrong tree. It's clear that it's location doesn't suit the club :D

I'll get my coat again :D

Chimer 24-03-2017 22:09

Next week's headline: "Accrington Stanley Under Investigation Regarding Felling Of Tree In Defiance Of Preservation Order" :(

Lord Didsbury 25-03-2017 07:08

Grimsby is NOT in Yorkshire.

Did you lot spent geog lessons smoking behind the bike sheds?

monkey hanger 25-03-2017 07:36

grimby is in lincolnshire unless they,ve made up another of those stupid counties. for me southport will always be in lancashire like hartlepool in county durham in my eyes.

yonmon 25-03-2017 07:45

Quote:

With this information to hand I must see my General Practitioner forthwith !.

yonmon 25-03-2017 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1190842)
In Yorkingshire! I'm pretty sure there'll be quite a few unruly bushes that could do with a damn good strimming, as they say, down to the wood! :eek: ;)

I've twigged it now Dave !... the Sap has risen at last !.

And now back to the thread which, and I'm not Codding, is now getting extremely fishy I feel !.

( and it is not my intention to open a can of piscatorial puns Lord. D ! ).

st06nc2 25-03-2017 08:15

Quote:

Like, for example....

You must be BARKing mad if you think tree jokes will stop now

choirboy 25-03-2017 09:05

Its a lovely sunny day today so bring on your kids, the Missus, your Grandma and Grandad and anyone else so that we caN swell the gate and get right behind the STANLEY.
Let's be the "TWELFTH MAN" that the players so appreciate in our quest to keep the unbeaten run going and our steady move up the table!
LOTS OF COLOUR AND LOTS OF NOISE PLEASE!
ON STANLEY ON
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Twenty Eight 25-03-2017 13:35

Grimsby do not play in Grimsby. They should be called Cleethoroes.
Seamus out as a precaution back Tuesday.

Lord Didsbury 25-03-2017 14:53

Other results going in our favour but we don't look like winning this. Matty isn't a midfielder. Etc.

Dav1d 25-03-2017 15:14

Crowd is 2312 with 507 from Grimsby! Now that's more like it!

Dav1d 25-03-2017 15:33

Unbeaten streak was always going to come to an end at some point!

Twenty Eight 25-03-2017 15:36

It hasn't yet

Exile on Spencer St 25-03-2017 16:12

Well done, Stanley.
P.S now I know where AccyMad works - the BBC website got the equaliser coming from McMarmite! :D

cashman 25-03-2017 16:28

A cracking game of football, overall thought Stanley deserved the 3pts, pity was only 1, we hit post twice plus created many more chances than Grimsby, who didn't play badly at all.the officials were as usual USELESS, but thats only to be expected.

Kiwi John 25-03-2017 16:34

Thanks Sean.

Lord Stiffupperlip 25-03-2017 17:12

Shiver me timbers, shipmates!
The Mariners sailed into town today with all guns blazing.
Despite lots'o huffin & puffin by the crew, our ship was becalmed in the doldrums and making little progress in the Meditteranean sunshine.
Then disaster struck, we was holed below the waterline & sinking fast.
There was mutinous murmurs coming from below decks that some of the crew should be walking the plank.
Then, blow me down, our lads pulled together & managed to score a direct hit amidships.
By the end of the battle they was a reeling as our grapeshot peppered their decks.
Midshipman McCarten & Clark showed conspicuous gallantry, leading the attack fearlessly time & again.
Twas no victory, but them scurvy dogs will be glad to scuttle back to port intact.
Splice the mainbrace me hearties, our lads have hearts of oak.

cashman 25-03-2017 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1190906)
Thanks Sean.

for what Kiwi?please enlighten us.

Twenty Eight 25-03-2017 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1190901)
It hasn't yet

Vindicated Dav1D.

Exile on Spencer St 25-03-2017 18:46

Having watched the video highlights, I think Hughes should get an assist for Stanley's goal. Very cute, but lucky to get away with it!

Lord Didsbury 25-03-2017 18:51

I didn't think we were that great today. Did ok, but I never thought we were really in control. Thought we missed Captain Conneely.

Scores:
chappers -7.5 (may revise that after I see the goal on the highlights)
Harvey -7.5
Beckles -7.5
Hughsie - 7.5
The Don - 7
Noor- 7.5
Not a Midfielder Pearson - 4
Clark -8
Shay -8.5
Kee - 7
Shauny - 6.5

Ref - typically I differ from Cashy on this - 7.5

Coleman - 8
Crowd - 9
Woodwork - 9

The dream of the playoffs is dead. Shame, because a win today would have seen us closing in fast.

Lord Didsbury 25-03-2017 19:00

A few observations:
1. About 30 cars on the new car park. Is that good or bad?
2. Pukka Pies need to increase the size of their advertising hoarding. It's too small.
3. Earlier in the season Coley, when being interviewed after West Ham said of Payet's goal that's why he's worth £30m - as none of the Stanley players can do what he does when there's a free kick. What will Shay be worth on that basis?

Ps, anyone have a pie?

choirboy 25-03-2017 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190920)
A few observations:

3. Earlier in the season Coley, when being interviewed after West Ham said of Payet's goal that's why he's worth £30m - as none of the Stanley players can do what he does when there's a free kick. What will Shay be worth on that basis?

Easy Lord D................£30 Million:mosher:

st06nc2 25-03-2017 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190919)
I didn't think we were that great today. Did ok, but I never thought we were really in control. Thought we missed Captain Conneely.

Scores:
Harvey -7.5
Beckles -7.5
Hughsie - 7.5
The Don - 7
Noor- 7.5
Clark -8
Shay -8.5
Kee - 7
Shauny - 6.5

Coleman - 8
Crowd - 9
Woodwork - 9

The dream of the playoffs is dead. Shame, because a win today would have seen us closing in fast.

Beckles 7.5? He made far too many risks and mistakes, worth a 5 at most

pidge 25-03-2017 19:19

Billy looks tired to me an has done for 4 or 5 games , maybe time for a rest ?

choirboy 25-03-2017 19:31

Lord D.......
I agree with most of your 'Player Scores' today with the exception of a 4 for Pearson! I thought that he did as well as the rest of the players and was about a 7 or 7.5.:cool:
I also thought that your observations about the referee are somewhat odd. It was the 87th minute I think before he brandished the only yellow card of the day, which was for a Grimsby player! Once again Billy Kee got no protection at all and there should have been one other definite yellow card for a totally 'Professional' Grimsby foul when one of our lads, McCarten I think, was bursting through the middle in the second half and was cynically brought down!
:eek:
We missed the coolness and control of Captain Coneely today against a robust Grimsby outfit who were allowed to foul too frequently. We also struggled to maintain consistent periods of attack as our play broke down too frequently with the final pass too often going astray. Our defence played well apart form giving the Grimsby lad who scored too much space to step inside and shoot. I was behind the goal and I don't think that Chapman could be faulted as the shot was right in the bottom left corner! Chapman was under some pressure to perform today and I thought that he did well. He showed more confidence than earlier in the season in using his height to come out for crosses etc and also made a couple of excellent sharp saves.
Clarke was probably our best player today and he constantly caused problems for the Grimsby left side of defence. Had he tapped one in at the far post late in the game he would have been a clear MOM! Apart from the free kick goal that Shay so superbly scored, it was the next best chance that we had and was set up by Sean with a superb precise pass for 'The Don' to get into the box on the left and square a similarly super ball across the Grimsby goal four yards out from their goal line. Clarke was coming in at the far post for the tap in but checked his run, anticipating a touch from a Grimsby defender which didn't happen! The pass from Sean was inch perfect and carried the exact weight needed! His corners caused problems too.:mosher:
Grimsby were a tough outfit to beat and having gone a goal behind I feel that a point retrieved was a point won, especially with our quietly influential Captain missing!
It keeps our unbeaten run going to 10 matches now and I hope that Coneely is fit to play on Tuesday against Cambridge in order to make it eleven unbeaten but this time with a WIN and THREE POINTS.:mosher:
ON STANLEY ON
:theband::cheers::s_gupjump:mosher:

Twenty Eight 25-03-2017 20:05

He won't make Tuesday mate - but confident he'll be back Saturday.

cashman 25-03-2017 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190919)

Scores:
Harvey -7.5
Beckles -7.5
Hughsie - 7.5
The Don - 7
Noor- 7.5
Clark -8
Shay -8.5
Kee - 7
Shauny - 6.5

Coleman - 8
Crowd - 9
Woodwork - 9

Only 2 of yer marks i can disagree with, Chapman to me should not have been beaten on the near post, and the officials, not just the ref,who gave Billy very little in relevant areas, also the liner on the cowshed, gave at least 3 obvious to us decisions the wrong way.

choirboy 25-03-2017 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1190935)
He won't make Tuesday mate - but confident he'll be back Saturday.

That's a shame for Tuesday v Cambridge but it would be good to get his 'Effective Control' back for a difficult fixture away at Plymouth next Saturday.
Hope it goes well for Seamus this week.
:)

ps. Any news on the state of the Grimsby player who tried to bend the gate in front of the Main Stand today?:confused:
pps It was just a good hard but fair tackle from Rodgers with definitely no malice intended.:mosher:

choirboy 25-03-2017 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1190937)
Only 2 of yer marks i can disagree with, Chapman to me should not have been beaten on the near post, and the officials, not just the ref,who gave Billy very little in relevant areas, also the liner on the cowshed, gave at least 3 obvious to us decisions the wrong way.

Cashy.
I fully agree with you about the Ref and Billy....:o
..... and I will possibly reconsider about Chapman and the goal when I see the video play backs.
:confused:

st06nc2 25-03-2017 20:15

Lord D the playoff dream is not dead yet, Exeter could only master a draw meaning we would still be 7 point off if we beat Cambridge

cashman 25-03-2017 20:34

Think its a pretty good summary from J.C. on fishy.

Kiwi John 25-03-2017 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1190910)
for what Kiwi?please enlighten us.

BBC site credits goal to Sean at top of page ,but report says Shay. Live score .com credits goal to Sean. I sense Somerset somehow involved.

AccyMad 25-03-2017 20:51

On the whole I think a draw was probably a fair-ish result today - yes, their goal came from their only attempt on goal up to that point but we should've been 2 or 3 up before that.
Don't know what was going on but we just didn't click today, our play was so disjointed - maybe because of the reshuffle but imo Husin, who I believe did well at Morecambe, struggled today & personally I would've taken him off & put Rommy on, his experience would've done us the world of good.
In the end it was a well earned point, despite the usual inept display by the officials but that's unfortunately just part of the course in league 2

yonmon 25-03-2017 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190920)
A few observations:
1. About 30 cars on the new car park. Is that good or bad?
2. Pukka Pies need to increase the size of their advertising hoarding. It's too small.

Ps, anyone have a pie?

As I posted after my visit to the Kassam Stadium a Season or two ago, I am not exactly a devotee of Pukka Pies in whatever guise they present, in particular those of an oriental flavour, Chicken Balti I think they are called.
After relenting this afternoon and being persuaded to try one of their Meat and Potato presentations I can quite definitely report that my opinion of these parcels of culinary rubbish has not altered one little bit !.
The Potatoes were undercooked, the substandard meat was in the main little but scraps of gristle, and the pastry tough as old boots, in particular that making up the base of the pie which was totally inedible and found it's way into the nearest wastebin !.
Needless to say I will not be purchasing another Pukka Pie ever again.
I am not quite sure if you expected an in depth analysis Lord D, but being somewhat particular about what nutrients I ingest, and not being too pleased when I have to consign articles I have purchased to the depths of a waste-bin, I felt strangely moved to respond to your query !.

KTF.....as to the Match, I have nothing to add to what has already been reported, except that I thoroughly enjoyed the contest !

Lord Didsbury 26-03-2017 09:05

Yonmon - That's awful news re the pies.
Do you think the Stanley catering staff haven't got used to cooking them yet?

cashman 26-03-2017 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190961)

If yeh cook a turd, its still a turd.:D

st06nc2 26-03-2017 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190961)

Thought the pies were pre cooked and we heated them up?

AccyMad 26-03-2017 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1190902)
Well done, Stanley.
P.S now I know where AccyMad works - the BBC website got the equaliser coming from McMarmite! :D

Ha, ha - if only I had such power in my job :rolleyes: - wouldn't do it anyways, I'm happy for any of our players to score :D

Greeny 26-03-2017 11:28

I too would like to know how the Grimsby player is. I didn't see a foul but I did see both men after the ball, unfortunately they slipped and the Grimsby player slid further than Rogers, hitting the new gate with his face, how the bar on the gate missed his eye I don't know but thank goodness it did. From what I could see ( it was directly in front of me ) I would think stitches would have been needed, but I not a Dr either.

Lord Didsbury 26-03-2017 12:10

What do you mean "only warm them up"? Only? Have you any idea the skill involved in keeping perishable pastry treats hot without em drying out?

My grandma had a baker's shop in Accrington for 30 years. Sweated blood keeping her pies perfect so the locals got maximum pleasure from them.

And now the locals, it appears, are belittling her life times work.

She'll be spinning in her grave.

yonmon 26-03-2017 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190985)
What do you mean "only warm them up"? Only? Have you any idea the skill involved in keeping perishable pastry treats hot without em drying out?

My grandma had a baker's shop in Accrington for 30 years. Sweated blood keeping her pies perfect so the locals got maximum pleasure from them.

And now the locals, it appears, are belittling her life times work.

She'll be spinning in her grave.

An aptitude with which few are blessed Lord D ?.... and with which many are not acquainted in these days of high-tech food preparation and presentation it would seem !.

I don't wish to labour the point but the ' floor' of yesterday's Pie was too solid to break and had to be disposed of En bloc !...so disappointing !.

cashman 26-03-2017 12:21

Hey 30 years ago and before they were proper pies by 90% of bakers even Hollands were damn good uns back then, now few and far between imho;)

yonmon 26-03-2017 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1190987)
Hey 30 years ago and before they were proper pies by 90% of bakers even Hollands were damn good uns back then, now few and far between imho;)

So true Cashy....sad, but so true !.

Lord Didsbury 26-03-2017 16:06

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C72X47mXkAEPPmt.jpg

Ouch.

st06nc2 26-03-2017 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190995)

From where I was stood it looked like it was his shoulder that hit the board, I know Grimsby manager is reporting us to the FA for using dangerous metal advertising boards

cashman 26-03-2017 16:57

Typical Whinging get then is Grimsbys Manager.:rolleyes:

AccyMad 26-03-2017 20:18

It definitely wasn't his shoulder that hit the railings, he hit the access gate head on & only missed the bolt fastening by a smidgen.
It looked a nasty injury, his head was spurting blood from the moment of impact but it wasn't anyone's fault, yes Harvey tackled him but they both slipped & Scott Vernon carried on sliding, presumably his body weight giving him the momentum.

KiTChener 26-03-2017 20:49

[QUOTE=st06nc2;1190997]From where I was stood it looked like it was his shoulder that hit the board, I know Grimsby manager is reporting us to the FA for using dangerous metal advertising boards[/QUOTE

With hindsight, maybe we should have kept the concrete wall?? He hit the railing/ gate, not one of the hoardings/advertising boards, metal or otherwise.

Seriously, hope the guy is OK, certainly looked nasty from where we were sat.

st06nc2 26-03-2017 21:12

[QUOTE=KiTChener;1191007]
Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1190997)
From where I was stood it looked like it was his shoulder that hit the board, I know Grimsby manager is reporting us to the FA for using dangerous metal advertising boards[/QUOTE

With hindsight, maybe we should have kept the concrete wall?? He hit the railing/ gate, not one of the hoardings/advertising boards, metal or otherwise.

Seriously, hope the guy is OK, certainly looked nasty from where we were sat.

Sure it was the Holland pie board he hit, probably abit bitter that they don't do fish pies

Lord Stiffupperlip 26-03-2017 21:52

Poor guy looks like he's been to an audition for 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.
No one wants to see a player badly injured, even those from opposition.
It was an embarrassment to hear the chants coming from the Clayton End while the guy was being attended by medical staff, stretcher at the ready, along the lines of him being a soft fatherless son!
Any sensible person could see it was a potentially serious incident.
Hope the guy makes a full recovery.

yonmon 26-03-2017 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1191009)
Poor guy looks like he's been to an audition for 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.
No one wants to see a player badly injured, even those from opposition.
It was an embarrassment to hear the chants coming from the Clayton End while the guy was being attended by medical staff, stretcher at the ready, along the lines of him being a soft fatherless son!
Any sensible person could see it was a potentially serious incident.
Hope the guy makes a full recovery.

As do we all I am sure !.

monkey hanger 27-03-2017 08:03

After relenting this afternoon and being persuaded to try one of their Meat and Potato presentations I can quite definitely report that my opinion of these parcels of culinary rubbish has not altered one little bit !.
The Potatoes were undercooked, the substandard meat was in the main little but scraps of gristle, and the pastry tough as old boots, in particular that making up the base of the pie which was totally inedible and found it's way into the nearest wastebin !.

things never change. pukka are to pies what primark are to high end fashion.

yonmon 27-03-2017 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1191023)
things never change. pukka are to pies what primark are to high end fashion.

From my ancient and well-thumbed English Language teaching guide....

' PUKKA '....an Indian/ English adjective denoting something genuine, reliable and GOOD !..

Unfortunately not an adjective which one could apply with any certainty to that culinary nightmare of a Pie which I bought in all good faith on Saturday afternoon !

Alfred.E. says..."Getting old is when a narrow waist and a broad mind change places!"

KTF.

Revived Red 27-03-2017 09:26

I always thought that these pies were aptly named - but I just do not understand why it was necessary to add the extra k.

They are awful.:niet: No more pies for me at the Crown Ground.

Chrisr 27-03-2017 17:37

There should be crash bales around areas known to dangerous. Any player could have sustained a serious head injury sliding into a railing or wall. I have had this discussion with these so called ground safety people who seem to be title collectors. They are a law unto them selves. I am sure there must be a simple way of producing bales that can be stuffed with soft foam in a weather proof bag which could be either hung over railings or simply left against a wall. I don't believe it would cost that much. Maybe a grant from the FA on safety grounds would be helpful. Maybe Wham could make some. Let's ask Andy Holt.

cashman 27-03-2017 17:45

If this discussion has taken place and NOTHING been done, then those responsible are not FIT to be club Safety Officers imho.:(

ferret man 28-03-2017 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1190997)
From where I was stood it looked like it was his shoulder that hit the board, I know Grimsby manager is reporting us to the FA for using dangerous metal advertising boards

Defo the steel gate, maybe temp 2" or 4 "thick polystyrene sheets in front of the steel railings would help.

Dav1d 29-03-2017 20:44

A very good and interesting read

Read But Never Red » Read But Never Red » From Abu Dhabi to Accrington Stanley?

monkey hanger 30-03-2017 09:13

thought all grounds were checked out before we got a safety certificate or is that only for the fans. not having a go at the club but just a genuine thought about tuesdays accident.

st06nc2 30-03-2017 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1191240)
thought all grounds were checked out before we got a safety certificate or is that only for the fans. not having a go at the club but just a genuine thought about tuesdays accident.

Yes all stadiums must pass yearly safety checks before they're even allowed to host matches