Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   For those who thought he was a nice boy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/for-those-who-thought-he-was-a-nice-boy-69295.html)

Twenty Eight 03-08-2017 17:37

For those who thought he was a nice boy

Former footballer jailed over drugs bust at Glastonbury Festival - Manchester Evening News

Chrisr 03-08-2017 18:16

Re: For those who thought he was a nice boy

I don't know why he has to be associated with the club as he was sacked from our club. It is almost a stain on the clubs good character. Accy Stanley don't tolerate Drugs at any level.

cashman 03-08-2017 18:35

He was sacked way back when the F.L. banned him for substance in his test, so why that recent one should be associated with the club is simply to sell newspapers and sod the damage to anyone.:rolleyes::(

Twenty Eight 03-08-2017 18:36

I'm sure if you look back some were reluctant to criticise him.

AccyMad 03-08-2017 20:42

No need to drag it up again in a new thread though, I think the subject has been done to death - he was sacked by Asfc for the original incident, end of!!

Chewbacca 03-08-2017 22:02

Thousands of drug dealers at Glastonbury Fayre, loads ten to get arrested and it isn't normally news, unless it is someone like Bez or an ex/banned footballer.

Who gives a ****? Just a young lad making mistakes like a lot do, no need to take pleasure in it, and I wouldn't be upset if he came back after his ban when he has learnt his lesson, if he is still capable.

Lord Didsbury 04-08-2017 14:41

Chewbacca - I agree. He's young and he's cocked things up like we all do with our inate stupidity. I hope he sorts himself out when he gets out.

Twenty Eight 04-08-2017 16:34

Unbelievable. How can you defend what this person has done ? 16 months reflects the severity.

Exile on Spencer St 04-08-2017 16:53

I'm only guessing, but could it be because not everyone on here takes pleasure in an individual's misfortunes, however stupid they've been?

Twenty Eight 04-08-2017 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1198729)
I'm only guessing, but could it be because not everyone on here takes pleasure in an individual's misfortunes, however stupid they've been?

Misfortunes ? Are you having a laugh ?
Even dealing in conterfeit money ! God give me strength.

Lord Didsbury 04-08-2017 21:22

I've never been in trouble with the law and thank god neither has anyone in my immediate family. So I've no axe to grind on this.
But not everyone is fortunate to have an untroubled life. For some reason Lacey has done something so idiotic and reckless that you've got to think all cannot be well. he deserves his prison sentence, but I'd rather hope prison and time to reflect makes him come back a better person and is given another chance.... rather than it break him.

I'd think the same of any young kid - footballer or not.

Twenty Eight 05-08-2017 08:29

Football is a fickle industry so he may get back. However there are a host of lads at his level working their socks off hoping for a break currently unemployed who haven't strayed down the wrong path. I hope they stay in front of him in the queue.

DaveinGermany 05-08-2017 16:56

Reading the "local paper" online, (for my UK home area) came across this:-

Ex-Southport footballer jailed after being caught with Class A drugs and fake money at Glastonbury - Southport Visiter