Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Beckles gone (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/beckles-gone-69337.html)

widnes viking 22-08-2017 14:06

Beckles gone

On the clubs Facebook page Beckles gone to Shrewsbury

widnes viking 22-08-2017 14:07

Re: Beckles gone

Defender Omar Beckles has joined League One side Shrewsbury Town for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old signed for Stanley last year after leaving Aldershot and was a regular in the side which finished just outside the play-offs.

Beckles scored three goals last season and grabbed an opening day goal in the victory over Colchester.

“Shrewsbury have been interested in Omar for quite a while and, after talking to the player at length, he decided he wanted to go,” said Stanley boss John Coleman.

“With him only having a year left on his contract, we had to take several things into account, the main factor being his desire to play somewhere else.”

AccyMad 22-08-2017 14:35

A bit inconsistent for me, good luck to the lad but can't really see him breaking any pots in league one

cashman 22-08-2017 14:37

Agree with Accymad, good on his day but a bit iffy fer me, not been here 2mins but wanted to go it says, so good riddance. imho.

nowandzen 22-08-2017 14:50

Sorry to see him go, but we've got better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cashman 22-08-2017 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by nowandzen (Post 1200045)
Sorry to see him go, but we've got better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everton for one.;) miles better imho.

jaytee 22-08-2017 15:21

Ow do. J.T. the Shrews fan here. Paul Hurst has signed 13 new players, most of them from League 2 or non league. The average age of our team the other day was 23. So I think PH sees these young lads as a chance to improve them. We've got loads of pace in the side and they're as fit as a butchers dog.

I always look out for Accy's results, so best of luck for the season.

VALAIRIAN 22-08-2017 15:26

All the best Omar :)

Good player, with plenty of potential - in my opinion :)

Done well for us, had some criticism, which was unfair - my opinion.

I could see him playing in a midfield role, as he has what it takes, but as most have said, people/players come and go, but Stanley will still be there ;)

:) :) :)

Lord Stiffupperlip 22-08-2017 15:31

Sadly, something we all expected after the recent speculation.
Always thought Omar was cool, calm & collected as a full-back.
Never seemed to panic under pressure & always looked to play the right ball, not just hoof it anywhere.
During his time at Stanley, he's had the chance to play against higher opposition & always seemed to raise his game.
Can't blame the lad for wanting to make the step-up.
Seems like a shrewd move by the Shrews.
Wish you all the best Omar!

Inspector Morse 22-08-2017 15:51

Can we use the cash to bring in a new keeper?

Lost in Cornwall 22-08-2017 15:52

He's got to be better than Toto. Gave away two penalties on Saturday. Wish him all the best.

maccawozzagod 22-08-2017 15:56

Yep. Ta-da lad but Big Ben two names is a more than adequate replacement.

Watching him live I think he was 'class' but dirty. Exuded confidence but has an error in him. For a younger guy he was decent. Has potential to be better still and will only get better against regular better opposition. £100k and we've done well

Watching his highlights reel though we had the love child of Beckenbaur and Maldini playing for us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QS585HkawU £1m plus add ons would be sufficient

maccawozzagod 22-08-2017 15:58

Plug in not supported? Oh well, type omar beckles showreel into you tube ...

Chrisr 22-08-2017 16:12

He will make an impact at Shrewsbury as he has the experience. Good luck to the lad I just wish all this could happen outside the open season. Like others have said wehave quality on the bench.

baldy 22-08-2017 16:36

Been going for weeks...Even when squad numbers come out and he was number 12