Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Chesterfield match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/chesterfield-match-thread-69449.html)

monkey hanger 17-09-2017 08:09

Re: Chesterfield match thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dav1d (Post 1201615)
Sad really after only eight months in charge, the statement says about having a big transfer budget but eight months is nothing to get a squad together

8 months, they don,t get 8 weeks in the premier league. had a few seasons in div.1 was there when they got relagated and started this season just the same. for me it was bound to happen.

football19 17-09-2017 09:58

Never rated Cauldwell as a manager,even though he got Wigan out of Division one.
I could have done that with the players he had.
He let the best player go out on loan to Barnsley (morsey) for a season.
Coley is by far a better manager and this season had proved it.
I also rate Cooky ( not go down well on here !!), who is a mini Coley.
Said from day one I fancied Acci and even more so now.
Players lost have been seamlessly replaced,although Kee is the catalyst to success KTF

AccyMad 17-09-2017 10:03

You've got to admire Channel 5's accuracy in their commentary, apparently it was Jordan Clark's cross that Billy scored from & Conneely who brought down their lad for the penalty - bit difficult seeing he was halfway up the pitch at the time :rolleyes:

stanley nick 17-09-2017 10:41

Food,Drink and Barmaid delicious before the game
Stanley very poor BUT we have goals in us, good signs me thinks
Lets show how good we are v Cheltenham, Port Vale & Fgr
on stanley on

maccawozzagod 17-09-2017 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley nick (Post 1201640)
Lets show how good we are v Cheltenham, Port Vale & Fgr
on stanley on

Absolutely. Its not yet crucial but 9 out of 9 is more than achievable and would really set us into the top 7. They're followed by 3 very losable games against Luton, Coventry and Satanage.

monkey hanger 17-09-2017 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1201649)
Absolutely. Its not yet crucial but 9 out of 9 is more than achievable and would really set us into the top 7. They're followed by 3 very losable games against Luton, Coventry and Satanage.

probably win the losable games and cock up the next 3. always play better when we are the underdogs and not the favourites.

Crown Grounder 17-09-2017 21:33

........and only 34 points needed for safety.....

Lord Didsbury 17-09-2017 22:25

"Stanley very poor" says Stanley Nick.

Away from home we restricted them to just one or two chances, created enough ourselves..... ok, we never got a firm grip on the match but still managed to knock it around nicely most of the time.

Maybe we've got complacent with the awesomeness of our liquid, incisive football. Anything less than a stunning victory feels like failure?

Inspector Morse 18-09-2017 09:09

Second away game in a row Stanley let 10 men boss the midfield.

By liquid you are referring to Chapman, right?

choirboy 18-09-2017 10:12

There is a superb photo of Billy scoring his goal on 'The Fishy' site....
It is......'Classic Billy'.........
Losing his marker....chesting the ball down quickly.......
then lashing it into the back of the net!

WE'VE GOT BILLY....
SUPER BILLY KEE....

Tom D 18-09-2017 10:27

From the YouTube highlights, just after the chesterfield player gets sent off, there is a tussle between another player and sean, then their player dives to the ground clutching his face. Can't make out sean obviously striking him, looks hilarious as it's about 2 seconds after the tussle finishes!

MikeA 18-09-2017 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1201723)
From the YouTube highlights, just after the chesterfield player gets sent off, there is a tussle between another player and sean, then their player dives to the ground clutching his face. Can't make out sean obviously striking him, looks hilarious as it's about 2 seconds after the tussle finishes!

There's a slightly longer video on Chesterfield's YouTube site: https://www.youtube.com/user/Officia...erfield/videos that can be watched in HD. I hadn't noticed the incident with Sean previously but it looks like the other played struck him and Sean grabbed his hand.

Exile on Spencer St 18-09-2017 15:18

I noticed the off-the-ball incident but no-one appeared to strike anyone else.
Looked like schoolyard handbags from over-excited pupils, after one of them tried to tell "sir". Thought it made both of them look childish.

Lord Didsbury 18-09-2017 22:35

my fave off-the-ball incident involved the Chesterfield twins getting all animated in the stand when the sending off occured. What a pair they were with their streaked hair and matching floral jerseys striking fear into Stanley fan's hearts by their rude gesticulations.