Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Port Vale Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/port-vale-match-thread-69476.html)

AccyMad 27-09-2017 09:38

Re: Port Vale Match Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1202214)
Link doesn't work in Lanzarote Mark !...thanks all the same !

Chin up !.. On Stanley On !!.

A.

Show off!! :D

Chimer 27-09-2017 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1202220)
Virtually a quarter of season played now and we average 2pts a game, if we maintain that fer the season, History will be made,:)

If we just maintain it for the next 4 games, against the Vogons :) then 3 teams in the play-off places :eek:, I'll be ecstatic!

cashman 27-09-2017 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1202224)
If we just maintain it for the next 4 games, against the Vogons :) then 3 teams in the play-off places :eek:, I'll be ecstatic!

After Forest Green the next 3 fixtures will give us a good idea i think 3 really hard matches.

Lord Didsbury 27-09-2017 11:35

Kudos to Dave in Germany for his most excellent match report.

Chevy - I think the thing about Rawson is that like the other defenders he rarely puts a foot wrong but also his head is on a lot of high balls.

Reading the Port Vale thread and The Don and Clark appeared to be players singled out for praise. They really rate their new left back (I thought he was outstanding for an hour) and, of course, how they would love Coley as their manager.

I ran to the ground from Stoke train station. Jesus, unremitting 3.5 miles of uphill through some very drab areas. Someone last night told me theirs is the second highest ground in England. If I'd known that I'd have got a taxi.

Lord Didsbury 27-09-2017 11:36

I agree about Nolan too. He's quietly improving and was effective last night.

MikeA 27-09-2017 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1202229)
I ran to the ground from Stoke train station. Jesus, unremitting 3.5 miles of uphill through some very drab areas. Someone last night told me theirs is the second highest ground in England. If I'd known that I'd have got a taxi.

Third, according to this:
The Highest and Lowest Stadiums (England and Wales) - Midfield Dynamo.

And only 4 feet above the Wham. I suppose it all depends on your starting point.

monkey hanger 28-09-2017 08:16

vale must like being 2nd as i think at one time they had the 2nd largest playing area in england.

Lord Didsbury 28-09-2017 12:27

Their pitch is massive and too much space between terrace and pitch. Feels like you are miles away from the action.

monkey hanger 29-09-2017 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1202267)
Their pitch is massive and too much space between terrace and pitch. Feels like you are miles away from the action.

it actually worse years ago when it was very open and looked like a mini version of the old wembley when i first went there in the late 50,s.