Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Barnet match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/barnet-match-thread-69555.html)

accybeme 24-10-2017 10:17

Barnet match thread

just thought I'd start this one early.
mainly to try and encourage fans to give Billy a round of applause on the 50th minute, to show him our appreciation for the 50 goals he as scored for our team

Mr T 24-10-2017 15:34

Re: Barnet match thread

Whilst all at ASFC are extremely proud and fully supportive of Billy please be aware that there will be a further tribute to Jordan Moseley on Saturday.

accybeme 24-10-2017 16:43

thanks Mark; just thought it would be nice tribute towards Billy as his 50th goal was away from home, anyway from the response it seem not many agree with me

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-10-2017 20:32

Well Accybeme, I for one think your idea an excellent one.
I can't see how applauding Billy Kee in the 50th minute will detract from, or diminish, any tribute planned for young Jordan Moseley.
If Jordan were still with us, I'm sure he would be proud to join us in celebrating another worthy record in the history of our beloved little club.

choirboy 28-10-2017 09:39

Hoping for Three Points today v Barnet!:mosher:
Daughter of Choirboy and I have to attend a wedding today so we will have to miss the match!:mar: :mad::mad:
You will all have to sing and shout a bit louder to make up for our absence please!:theband:

COME ON STANLEY:wave8:
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
:s_gupjump:s_gupjump

Don't let those Bees Buzz today Pleeze!
:nono8:

monkey hanger 28-10-2017 10:30

Daughter of Choirboy and I have to attend a wedding today so we will have to miss the match!:mar: :mad::mad:

a wedding in the football season and a home game at that should be banned. if you have to yeovil away is the best date.

chevyfire 28-10-2017 11:50

I echo coleys word against complacency today. 2 seasons ago allowing Barnet came back from 2 goals when they where down to 10 men was a big factor in us not getting promoted.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Lord Didsbury 28-10-2017 13:14

Racing in Rome tomorrow so I will mostly be relying on the usual incisive post match analysis, praise and constructive criticism...and the usual slating of the man in black. Don't let me down.

Come on Stanley!

Lord Didsbury 28-10-2017 13:17

Nolan dropped, Conneely injured.

Interesting to see the effects of a different midfield.

DaveinGermany 28-10-2017 14:43

Sean Mc 1-0 Stanley & according to Al Beeb top of the table. :)

DaveinGermany 28-10-2017 14:50

Scratch that, County winning 1-0. Stanley in 2nd.

DaveinGermany 28-10-2017 15:21

Last look 2-1 Stanley, still in 2nd though.

Strap back, while writing now Stanley 3-1 Billy Kee.

MikeA 28-10-2017 15:23

59'
Goal! Accrington Stanley 3, Barnet 1. Billy Kee (Accrington Stanley) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Jordan Clark.

DaveinGermany 28-10-2017 15:28

Make that 4-1 Jackson! :)

MikeA 28-10-2017 15:29

From Barnet's Twitter:
67 | We're patiently waiting for the restart, Stanley in no hurry to fix the hole in the Barnet net :rolleyes:

Kiwi John 28-10-2017 15:54

My God life is good. Thank you mighty STANLEY.

DaveinGermany 28-10-2017 15:57

Done & dusted for today, 4-1 for the Stanley sitting on 2nd, thanks lads & management, good result. :)

Exile on Spencer St 28-10-2017 16:20

Great result, just what was needed. Well done to the whole team, management, and those lucky fans who saw it. More fool the rest of us who didn't.
Also excellent to see four scorers on the pitch.
Any responses to Lord Didder's question about the 'new' midfield?

Chrisr 28-10-2017 16:57

When we play like that we are up there with the best. With the squad we have promotion is within our grasp. I think it is high time the good folk of the area came along and supported the club. But another 3 points and we are second. Happy Days.

Kiwi John 28-10-2017 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1203710)
When we play like that we are up there with the best. With the squad we have promotion is within our grasp. I think it is high time the good folk of the area came along and supported the club. But another 3 points and we are second. Happy Days.

They are not 'Good folk'..they are b$#^%$!s for staying away.

chevyfire 28-10-2017 17:12

We where excellent going forward today. Jackson and kee link up and work so well together. Mcconville delivery of ball and then Jordan Clark (whom I thought was light weight early in the season) is now one of best performers. Good attacking wing play with fast and mainly accurate passing and crossing. The different midfield, brown was very good on ball. Felt at times the cover wasn't great for our defence today for example there goal no challenge till edge of box. To be honest I felt Barnet always had a goal or two in them against are defence (as an 11). The actual defenders I can't really fault. I felt the penalty looked harsh on us but justice seemed done when it was missed. Now we are on form we need to keep picking up the 3 points. The game was indeed a fitting tribute to young jordan moseley.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

choirboy 28-10-2017 17:21

Just managed to get WI Fi.
Out in the Ribble Valley on the sticks at the wedding do. Great win Stanley. Onwards and upwards. Free beer and wine on tab so I am certainly going to take advantage! ON STANLEY ON

Chimer 28-10-2017 17:28

Anyone take a screenshot of "As it stands" at 3.35? 3.36 would be too late .......:D

Lord Didsbury 28-10-2017 17:33

Choirboy - please report back later.

Lord Didsbury 28-10-2017 17:44

According to Coley (the bits I heard when the microphone didn't resemble a pneumatic drill) Brown and Johnson were the dogs bullocks.

Anyone not yet remortgaged their house and put it on a Stanley promotion?

Lord Stiffupperlip 28-10-2017 17:45

Ye Gods!
For one brief minute at 3.35pm, Stanley raced to the top of league 2.
Within minutes, Thorniley conceded a clumsy penalty & nearly spoiled the party.
Chappers, now elevated to super hero status, did enough gymnastics on the line to put-off Campbell-Ryce, who smashed his spot kick against the bar. Phew! What a relief.
However, T'was all in vain, as Notts County had already scored to burst our balloon & keep us off top spot.
What injustice! What tragedy! What calamity!
Stanley now only in 2nd spot in league 2! This is simply not good enough!
Am I serious?????? You are joking, aren't you????
STANLEY UP TO 2ND!
This was a game we've seen so many times before - with one exception!
Today we converted all our chances.
Barnet didn't play badly & actually bossed possession for long periods.
Perhaps the scoreline flattered us, but who cares? Today, we were simply unstoppable.
Well done you lovely boys!

MikeA 28-10-2017 18:22

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1203718)
Anyone take a screenshot of "As it stands" at 3.35? 3.36 would be too late .......:D

Of course! It doesn't want to be pasted on here so I've dropped it into a jpeg file...

AccyMad 28-10-2017 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1203721)
Ye Gods!
For one brief minute at 3.35pm, Stanley raced to the top of league 2.
Within minutes, Thorniley conceded a clumsy penalty & nearly spoiled the party.
Chappers, now elevated to super hero status, did enough gymnastics on the line to put-off Campbell-Ryce, who smashed his spot kick against the bar. Phew! What a relief.
However, T'was all in vain, as Notts County had already scored to burst our balloon & keep us off top spot.
What injustice! What tragedy! What calamity!
Stanley now only in 2nd spot in league 2! This is simply not good enough!
Am I serious?????? You are joking, aren't you????
STANLEY UP TO 2ND!
This was a game we've seen so many times before - with one exception!
Today we converted all our chances.
Barnet didn't play badly & actually bossed possession for long periods.
Perhaps the scoreline flattered us, but who cares? Today, we were simply unstoppable.
Well done you lovely boys!

Just one tiny criticism of your account Lord S, it wasn't Jordan Thorniley who gave away the 'penalty', it was Scott Brown - saying that it was one of the softest pens I've seen given but in the end justice was done courtesy of the crossbar :)

Lord Stiffupperlip 28-10-2017 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1203743)
Just one tiny criticism of your account Lord S, it wasn't Jordan Thorniley who gave away the 'penalty', it was Scott Brown - saying that it was one of the softest pens I've seen given but in the end justice was done courtesy of the crossbar :)

Mea Culpa Accymad. My apologies to Jordan Thorniley.
Agree it was never a penalty, but it seemed to happen in the blink of an eye & even BBC sport got the culprit wrong.
Scotty Brown made amends by going on to have a great game.

yonmon 29-10-2017 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1203743)

Thanks Accymad !.. like last Saturday I thought that Jordan was again the unsung hero in our defence... good hard tackles and almost faultless distribution of the ball, meant that little or no threat appeared from Barnet's right flank. I have noted also that he is now more assertive, accurate,and vociferous in directing those around him !.. Not a bad quality in a defender ?.

Nothing more to add, unless to repeat my appreciation of our management who have put together and maintain a more solid unit than we have seen for a long time !.

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !.

RTF.

nige b 29-10-2017 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1203718)

I did mate and posted it in twitter then some smart arsed Notts fan posted an update 5 minutes later!:mad:

mab 29-10-2017 21:35

:) Accrington 4-1 Barnet | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports :)

monkey hanger 30-10-2017 08:21

teams like barnet, crawley and dag and red have been banana skins for us and its nice to beat one of em by a good score. the best game at home for awhile with mid fielders looking to pass forward instead of backwards made it a lot more exciting game. as for us being only 2nd i,ll settle for only third come may.

Twenty Eight 30-10-2017 11:04

"Clark has probably been the weakest link in the 4 attacking players so far, despite the goal and assist. He does seem to be able to beat the first defender, then either keep his head down and run into trouble, or unable to put in a decent cross. Not saying he's been dreadful, just not fantastic. Maybe Sousa deserves a chance"

Converted yet Tom D ?
Three goals two assists good enough in last few weeks ?

Adios.

monkey hanger 31-10-2017 08:04

thought clark had one of his best games for us last saturday but we all see games differently.

Tom D 31-10-2017 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1203782)
"Clark has probably been the weakest link in the 4 attacking players so far, despite the goal and assist. He does seem to be able to beat the first defender, then either keep his head down and run into trouble, or unable to put in a decent cross. Not saying he's been dreadful, just not fantastic. Maybe Sousa deserves a chance"

Converted yet Tom D ?
Three goals two assists good enough in last few weeks ?

Adios.

Are you related to him or something? Yeah he has brought himself up to the standard of performance seen in the other 3 members of our attack. Hope he can continue to do this week in week out.

:iloveyou: