Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Valiant Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/valiant-match-thread-69794.html)

mab 19-01-2018 20:06

Valiant Match Thread

:) Man in the middle :) Ross Joyce will be the man in the middle.
With the 2017/18 campaign now over halfway through, Joyce has refereed 28 games in several competitions, with the breakdown outlined below:
10 Sky Bet League One matches
11 Sky Bet League Two matches
2 Carabao Cup matches
3 Emirates FA Cup matches
2 Checkatrade Trophy matches
Across those 28 fixtures, he has brandished 113 yellow cards, with seven handed out in his last game when Lincoln City hosted Notts County in Sky Bet League Two. He has also shown one red card.
His assistants at the Wham Stadium will be Kevin Mulraine and Gareth Mellor. The fourth official will be Thomas Kirk. :)TEAM NEWS LINE UPS Stanley (4-4-2): Chapman; Johnson , Hughes, Richards-Everton, Donacien; Clark, Nolan, Brown, McConville; Kee, Jackson . Subs : Maxted, Rowan, Leacock-McLeod, Williams, Francis. Vale Probable line up (4-4-2) :- Boot; Davis, Anderson, N. Smith, Pugh; Kay, Tonge; Harness , Whitfield , Montano ; Pope.
Bookings: Anderson 51'
Subs : Lainton, Barnett, Forrester, Angus. with new signings Jules, Hannant
may be included

cashman 19-01-2018 20:16

Re: Valiant Match Thread

Reckon were in for a cracking game tomorrow, weather permitting.;)

Exile on Spencer St 20-01-2018 07:04

Mab,
If Anderson does get booked for Vale on 51 minutes, can I borrow your crystal ball sometime? ;)

monkey hanger 20-01-2018 08:04

always had a bit of a soft spot for vale after my first visit to their ground. looked really massive in the old days when it was more open and remembered them getting to the f.a. cup semi finals in the mid fifties when it was a competition that every football fan cared about.

mab 20-01-2018 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1207500)
Mab,
If Anderson does get booked for Vale on 51 minutes, can I borrow your crystal ball sometime? ;)

Copy n past thought I'd taken all the subs/booked players off, sorry :o

Lord Didsbury 20-01-2018 13:02

Unchanged team. Remember you heard it here first.

mab 20-01-2018 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1207540)
Unchanged team. Remember you heard it here first.

No look at 1st post lol 😂

mab 20-01-2018 14:44

0-2 vale

mab 20-01-2018 15:56

3-2 win :)

Kiwi John 20-01-2018 16:01

Alarm failed to go off at k/o time, but my overwhelming love of the team made me wake up at halftime. ...switch on computer and we down 2-0..que involuntarily expletive that startled the dogs but 'she' slept through it (thank u god).. Pure controlled delight as 3 goals get in in 2nd stanza. Sunday will be a great day thanks to you mighty men in red.

Chimer 20-01-2018 16:16

Bloody hell!

Lord Didsbury 20-01-2018 16:22

Great win. Thought we played pretty well throughout.

Chappers couldn’t have chosen a worse game to have a shocker of a first half with the new keeper watching on. Appeared to redeem himself with a great second half save.

Standout players were McConville, Ben and Clark.

Loved the scenes after the third goal and at the final whistle. Felt like a team hell bent on going up.

Despite the usual partisan abuse, the Ref has a decent game I thought, apart from the free kick for their second goal and not giving Jackson a free kick (before he was booked). I assume he was unsighted for Billy’s goal though. Looked like clear handball.

Shame about Wycombe and Mansfield snatching unlikely wins at the death.

Lord Stiffupperlip 20-01-2018 16:26

Now I Believe!!!!!

nige b 20-01-2018 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1207486)
Reckon were in for a cracking game tomorrow, weather permitting.;)

You weren't wrong there pal!

cashman 20-01-2018 16:30

We were the best side in first half, just gave em 2 gifts i thought, second half we just annihilated em, great 3 pts today.:) went for a Coventry ticket before the match, was told to come back at 5-00,cos they were busy, there was not a soul behind me, were supposed to be trying to attract more people, yet still got SECOND RATE service to fans, i didn't go back cos thats not the way i go home from the clayton end.