Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Magpies at home thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/magpies-at-home-thread-69937.html)

Lord Stiffupperlip 02-04-2018 20:17

Re: Magpies at home thread

How disappointing!
At 3.45pm we were 6 points clear at the top with 2 games-in-hand on the Hatters.
After a nail-biting second half we're still top, but both Luton & Wycombe managed to turn defeat into victory & reduce the gap.
I thought the Magpies would have proved more difficult opponents today & predicted a draw. Frankly, I was more impressed by FGR!
After Chappers unfortunate accident, Maxted took his opportunity to prove what a good keeper he is with a truly confident display.
For what it's worth, my 'm.o.m.' would have gone to young Jimmy Dunne, who's slowly morphing into Matty Pearson.
Whether playing creative passes out of defence, intercepting nearly every high ball or almost scoring from a corner, he was immense today.
Earlier in the season, Luton were runaway leaders simply because they scored more goals than anyone else.
Now, we are the masters simply because no one can score against us.
When our forwards are misfiring, our defenders (Hughes) or midfielders (Conneely) step up to the plate to find the winner.
We have become an unstoppable force because this squad believe they can win every game. We fear no one!
On Stanley! On! - Glory awaits.

AccyMad 02-04-2018 21:47

If that was disappointing Lord S, what wouldn't I give to be so disappointed every week! Every man jack of our lads gave 110% yet again - onwards & upwards boys :)

monkey hanger 03-04-2018 09:45

hope maxted plays at colchester his performace deserves a run in the side. he is certainly better for my nerves as well.

AccyMad 03-04-2018 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1211383)
hope maxted plays at colchester his performace deserves a run in the side. he is certainly better for my nerves as well.

That's not fair on Chapman MH, yes Johnny Maxtead did well yesterday but if Aaron is ok for next week he should definitely be back between the sticks, he's earned the place

football19 03-04-2018 12:20

Once again it was a strange game,they didn’t look a bad side,but didn’t play as a team,we did,with all the lads putting 110%effort in.
That really was the only difference,
Thought we edged it in the middle of the park,so I’d go Brown as my MOM,he never let them settle.
Two wins for me and we will go up as champions!!!

monkey hanger 04-04-2018 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1211385)
That's not fair on Chapman MH, yes Johnny Maxtead did well yesterday but if Aaron is ok for next week he should definitely be back between the sticks, he's earned the place

could look at it the other way also. maxstead had a good game then it would be unfair to drop him. its just that he looked a better allround keeper to me and not just one game either.

AccyMad 04-04-2018 09:35

Just don't think we it'd be good to change a settled, winning side unless it's unavoidable as was the case on Monday, only my opinion of course