Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The vs Lincoln thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-vs-lincoln-thread-69995.html)

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 14:08

The vs Lincoln thread

C'mon STANLEY

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 14:15

Re: The vs Lincoln thread

Hi Kiwi, how're doing. Looks like everyone but thee 'n me are down at the Wham.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 14:26

Good mate-thanks...tired and kind off glad this is 2nd last time I get up at 2AM ... hope there's a bumper crowd at the WHAM. :)

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 14:28

Dam you Luton (1-0)

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 14:34

Yessssssssssssss

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 14:37

here we go ! That's dedication Kiwi - hope you've not got work later.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 14:39

Nah, harvest season (apples) is just over...but got work to do on our rental before new tenants move in next week.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 14:44

AAAAAAAAAGGGHHH... we missed a spotty . :(:(:(

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 14:45

Come on Billy - be spot on mate.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 14:46

Gee, I hope thats not going to bite us.

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 14:46

Wot !!!! - got the news first from you Kiwi. Probably first he's missed all season.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:05

Bet 365 will give u instant goals, much quicker than bbc, livescore etc. Don't think u have to be an account holder

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:07

45 more minutes of torture.

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 15:10

thanks for the tip - looks like you need to sign up tho' as requires a login or a bet to get past home page.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:16

Forrest Green you beauties...

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 15:17

echo that

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:24

can't stand this...off for a smoke.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:32

18 + minutes of hell

Dav1d 28-04-2018 15:38

4753 attendance today.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:44

Nice .

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:46

4 to go...very squeeky bum

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:47

FECK..Luton 2-1

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 15:49

no - it was Lee that scored it ! (lol)

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:51

Blow the feckin whistle

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 15:53

they need 2 to deny us the trophy - is the apple juice still on ice ?

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:56

CHAMPIONSSSSSSS. Great stuff you history makers in red. Congrats to all.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 15:57

..Look out JDs bottle-here I come.

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 15:57

sweet dreams Kiwi - and we'll do it all over again starting August.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 16:01

****** the dreaming-I'm having a few celebration drinks.

Chimer 28-04-2018 16:02

Yeee hah!

LongLostSon 28-04-2018 16:07

what a party at the Wham - hope the powers that be brought the trophy to the game.

Doug 28-04-2018 16:07

Forever Red. Could not be any prouder, time for Andy Holt to write a book. :) Best ever season and a fantastic outlook for the next. Love it. What a fantastic club.

hilleluk 28-04-2018 16:15

Well done Accrington...you will be playing my brother's team Sunderland.

chevyfire 28-04-2018 16:38

Today's performance was so similar to many of ours this second half of the season. We deservedly took the lead first half and then ground the win out very well defending ball after ball into our box (intense pressure). The passion from our team and fans today was another level. Champions.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

cashman 28-04-2018 16:54

Well done CHAMPIONS, though how we won that game against the WORST OFFICIALS i have seen this season, Many fouls including a blatant elbowing of Chappers the ref completely ignored despite having a good short line of vision, also the liner was dead online with an even clearer view were IGNORED, chappers was sprawled out and the useless get never gave even a foul.also the fat centre forward got away with murder all afternoon, a complete joke. Lincoln have had a great season but if todays owt to off as a PUB TEAM.

Kiwi John 28-04-2018 16:57

Love it-even when we win, even when we become champions of the world, somehow the ref ****ed up.

Tom D 28-04-2018 19:54

What a season. Will be remembered as an incredible achievement in our clubs history, regardless of what lies ahead in the future. Hope the lads have a great night!

cashman 28-04-2018 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1212775)
What a season. Will be remembered as a incredible achievement in our clubs history, regardless of what lies ahead in the future. Hope the lads have a great night!

If ever a bunch of lads deserved one its ours.

Dav1d 28-04-2018 21:09

Congratulations to the lads, management, Andy holt! Every single person paid and unpaid who puts time and effort into making our club what it is. Today is for you. As well as those looking down on us. Fans absolutely brilliant today, loud, passionate, flags, noise. Sell out too. So hopefully will attract few more next year. What an unbelievable season. These lads deserve everything. Andy holt has got what he wanted the trophy rightly so. What he’s done for this club as well as chairman’s before him. Party long into the night

Lord Didsbury 29-04-2018 07:48

A very scrappy game. I thought Lincoln were the better team...or maybe we looked a bit tired or just wanted the match over with. A lot of hoof ball going on second half.
As usual, our defence did the business.

That Rhead is a likeable fellow. Not.

Ref seemed ok to me. Missed a couple of fouls, but nothing major considering it was a much more physical game than we’ve had of late.

The Don was my MOTM.

Greeny 29-04-2018 08:36

A much deserved Dream come true . Praise to the Lincoln fans who stayed and applauded our lads , that says it all. Well done lads , management , fans and lets not forget Martin Cook ( Buzzer ) for all the work he does throughout the season , he keeps that pitch beautiful.........thank you Buzzer .

Tom D 29-04-2018 09:19

Has there been a vote for fans player of the season? In recent years this has happened at one of the final few home games. Might have been distracted by our recent plaudits....

AccyMad 29-04-2018 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1212798)
Has there been a vote for fans player of the season? In recent years this has happened at one of the final few home games. Might have been distracted by our recent plaudits....

The OSC were handing out voting slips yesterday just inside the entrance to the main stand, don't know if there were any on the Clayton End?
They were for player of the season & goal of the season

cashman 29-04-2018 09:33

Didn't see anyone on Clayton End with em.:confused:

Tom D 29-04-2018 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1212800)
The OSC were handing out voting slips yesterday just inside the entrance to the main stand, don't know if there were any on the Clayton End?
They were for player of the season & goal of the season

Oh well, missed that opportunity then. For what it's worth, my vote for player would have been Sean - a great season with plenty of goals and assists, his defensive work is vastly improved and has won us some crucial points. To be honest, could have been awarded to anyone though and I wouldn't have argued.

Goal would have been Billy's winner at Luton - maybe not the most spectacular but in my opinion the most important. Instilled real belief we could win the league- you could see what it meant to players and staff. Also could see the heartbreak for the Luton players, like to think the result contributed to their massive wobble in form over subsequent weeks. A draw there, and we might have been looking at just settling for 2nd ;D

Twenty Eight 29-04-2018 11:50

Clark against Forest Green for me.
Too many top candidates for player of the season ..... give me a few days !!!

anmc 29-04-2018 14:44

Happy days, still walking in a Stanley Wonderland. Loved the new song by the way. Just wish my dad would still have been around to see this.

cashman 29-04-2018 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by anmc (Post 1212816)
Happy days, still walking in a Stanley Wonderland. Loved the new song by the way. Just wish my dad would still have been around to see this.

Like me and wynonie and keep the faith, our dads would been oer the moon.:D

Lord Didsbury 29-04-2018 18:32

Clark v Forest Green for me too.
That was the point when it was all over bar the shouting.

My Old Man is 85. Supported Stanley since a few years old. Travelled around watching not just them but Preston, Bolton too - so he’s witnessed huge change down the years. I’m very happy to have him witness this season. However, the ones I’m most happy for are those that have been consistently over the last few decades - whatever age they are.
My old man lived in Leeds from 1969-2001 so missed the real lows.

Simpson 29-04-2018 19:51

I too would go with Clark and the importance of that goal , but i also fondly recall Kaydens first that announced him to us all and the league on the opening day, a break from defence, held up and layed off by Kee and a defence splitting through ball to Jackson and a lightning burst of speed and finish . The warm august sunshine and a few pre match beers may contribute to those thoughts.
As a follower of the last 4 years i've only seen good times so i feel a fraud in suggesting this, but is there any apetite to mark this unbelievable achievement in adding a gold star above the crest as surely this is our World Cup or Champions League ?

Tom D 29-04-2018 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpson (Post 1212835)
I too would go with Clark and the importance of that goal , but i also fondly recall Kaydens first that announced him to us all and the league on the opening day, a break from defence, held up and layed off by Kee and a defence splitting through ball to Jackson and a lightning burst of speed and finish . The warm august sunshine and a few pre match beers may contribute to those thoughts.
As a follower of the last 4 years i've only seen good times so i feel a fraud in suggesting this, but is there any apetite to mark this unbelievable achievement in adding a gold star above the crest as surely this is our World Cup or Champions League ?

We can add the star when we win the champions league :)

choirboy 30-04-2018 20:00

Been a bit off colour the last few days, (not a celebratory hangover either!):4u:
However, I did manage to get to the match and witness the historical moments when ..........:jimbo:
ACCRINGTON STANLEY won their first ever promotion IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE!:alright:

The celebrations after the match were just terrific especially when Jimmy Bell came over to the Clayton End and presented the trophy to us! What a wonderful gesture that was....Thanks Jimmy! The rapport between the players and supporters at Accrington Stanley is indeed very special.:theband::s_gupjump:theband::jimbo::jimbo:

The match itself was a dogged affair and I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with the tactics employed by Lincoln. I fully expected them to play with a 'direct' approach with long balls forward to the big lad Rhead up front but I have to say he was just a cheat and a big baby too! Rhead along with their other forwards Palmer and Green pushed into the back of our players constantly and the ineffective referee never got a hold on them, in spite of numerous justifiable protestations from our captain Coneely. Sean Mac had a few goes at the referee too and got a yellow card for his trouble.
I just cannot understand how the referee and his assistant did not see the act of thuggery committed on Aaron Chapman. Rhead should have been given a straight red card for his punch on Chapmans head! Even my seven year old Grandson saw it and he was quite incensed! I remember being very frustrated by the pushing tactics of Swindon a few weeks ago but these three and Bostwick too probably did more pushing than all of Swindon's players put together. Their style of play was reminiscent of Wimbledon's tactics when 'Da Beast' played for them. Not a style of play that I would want to watch weekly!
:(:eek:
To their credit Stanley tried to play our passing slick game but also competed physically and matched the vigour of the rugged Lincolnites.:alright:
The details of the match have generally passed me by what with not feeling too well but I can, and always will, remember the wonderful scenes of celebration.

I was particularly pleased that our fans didn't invade the pitch so that we got a BRILLIANT LAP OF HONOUR.
As far as Lincoln are concerned I firmly believe that their fans came out of the day with all the credit and not their players! Their fans applauded our lads superbly which was wonderful to see.
:theband::jimbo:
WHAT A MOMENTOUS SEASON IT HAS BEEN FOR OUR WONDERFUL LITTLE CLUB.

WE HAVE ALSO BROKEN THROUGH THE 1,000 BARRIER FOR SEASON TICKET SALES WHICH IS AMAZING!

JOHN AND JIMMY HAVE BEEN BRILLIANT AS HAVE ALL OF OUR PLAYERS!

ANDY HOLT IS NOW A LEGEND!

THE SUPPORT HAS BEEN AMAZING ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE TRAVELLED TO ALL OR MOST OF THE AWAY MATCHES.
I THINK WE HAD ONLY 28 AT ONE MATCH EARLIER IN THE SEASON...EVERY ONE A HERO!

IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THE BIG FLAGS COME OUT AS THE SEASON BUILT TO ITS CLIMAX. I HOPE THE YOUNG LADS AND LASSES CAN PUT ON A REALLY GOOD SHOW NEXT SEASON TOO AND THAT WE CAN SHOW SOME OF THESE BIGGER CLUBS JUST WHO ACCRINGTON STANLEY ARE.....
:wave8::rose8::Banane48:

ACCRINGTON STANLEY....WHO ARE THEY?:idunno:

They are.....EFL LEAGUE TWO CHAMPIONS 2017/2018
:theband::theband::theband::jimbo:

dabeast 30-04-2018 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1212892)
Their style of play was reminiscent of Wimbledon's tactics when 'Da Beast' played for them.

Great report choirboy, but I don't ever remember playing for Wimbledon!!!

choirboy 01-05-2018 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeast (Post 1212903)
Great report choirboy, but I don't ever remember playing for Wimbledon!!!

Well....
I suppose somebody had to play for them!
:end:

Exile on Spencer St 02-05-2018 17:40

A work colleague, who has adopted Stanley as his second team (well, being an Gooner he wanted to be associated with a successful club) was asking if there was any footage of Stanley lifting the League 2 trophy.
I couldn't find any on the Sky web site but if anyone knows where to look, could you post a link on here if possible?
Thanks.

cashman 02-05-2018 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1212973)
A work colleague, who has adopted Stanley as his second team (well, being an Gooner he wanted to be associated with a successful club) was asking if there was any footage of Stanley lifting the League 2 trophy.
I couldn't find any on the Sky web site but if anyone knows where to look, could you post a link on here if possible?
Thanks.

Think some on facebook bud, but i have no idea how to move stuff.

DaveinGermany 02-05-2018 19:22

So far all I can find is this

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/april/...-on-home-soil/

DaveinGermany 02-05-2018 19:51

And this .... at 1.52 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIY8Z1T0PUI