Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The Black Cats Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-black-cats-match-thread-70318.html)

mab 07-12-2018 21:41

The Black Cats Match Thread

Well the Black Cats are coming to Town!! One of if not the most eagerly waited game and the first fixture most Stanley fans looked for at the start of the season :) Match preview :) https://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2018...derland-coley/ :) https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/...ington-stanley :) https://www.skysports.com/football/a...preview/393336 :) https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/201...u-who-they-are :) COYR'S

choirboy 07-12-2018 22:13

Re: The Black Cats Match Thread

STANLEY V SUNDERLAND in League One.:mosher:

Who would have imagined that a few years ago?:rolleyes:

I really do BELIEVE that the STANLEY fraternity, players, management and supporters all TOTALLY TOGETHER, can be victorious tomorrow!:jimbo::thankya::pbiggrin::drunk::ban::hippy:

Get there early and SING, SHOUT AND FLY THE COLOURS with PRIDE and drive our team onto VICTORY on the crest of a MIGHTY WAVE OF ACCRINGTON PASSION!:theband::wave8:

We really can do it tomorrow!

ON STANLEY ON:wave8::mosher:
COME ON YOU REDS
:theband::wave8::rose8::signbeer::cheers::drink:

Kiwi John 08-12-2018 07:03

Score real early STANLEY-I want to ring my Geordie mate in Wellington and wake him up to tell him the score (remember it'll be 4 AM Sunday morning here when they k/o.) . :)

cashman 08-12-2018 07:41

For me this is our biggest match of the season, just hope it aint our toughest, cmon you reds lets do em, be a fabulous atmosphere.:)

Chewbacca 08-12-2018 08:06

With such a crowd on it another missed opportunity that FA Cup tickets are not being sold.

The conditions won't be great; anybody's game today.

cashman 08-12-2018 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1220345)
With such a crowd on it another missed opportunity that FA Cup tickets are not being sold.

The conditions won't be great; anybody's game today.

Have they actually got date for the tie yet? i aint heard owt.

Chewbacca 08-12-2018 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1220347)
Have they actually got date for the tie yet? i aint heard owt.

3pm Sat - Not moved - TV games announced Thursday

MikeA 08-12-2018 10:23

45 minute interview with Andy chatting about the match:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWT...4uPgMTQ/videos

No gremlins...

cashman 08-12-2018 10:48

Hope the lads are instructed to keep the ball low today where possible, just been out and wind is very strong. do that i reckon we will stuff em.

monkey hanger 08-12-2018 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1220339)
Score real early STANLEY-I want to ring my Geordie mate in Wellington and wake him up to tell him the score (remember it'll be 4 AM Sunday morning here when they k/o.) . :)

if he,s a geordie he,ll be happy with the phone call if we win.

Dav1d 08-12-2018 12:33

Pitch not looking too good. Ref been out a few times

Kiwi John 08-12-2018 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1220362)
if he,s a geordie he,ll be happy with the phone call if we win.

Sorry,my ignorance, I thought a Geordie was fromNewcastle/Sunderland area and had 'that' accent. He's from Sunderland.

Lord Didsbury 08-12-2018 14:58

We are just shading this. Billy and Zanzala doing well up front.
I think we are missing Iwhekwe.

Kiwi John 08-12-2018 15:01

HT stats look good.

Kiwi John 08-12-2018 15:20

%##&%*$%^#*%##&%*#

Kiwi John 08-12-2018 15:24

Yessssssss

Kiwi John 08-12-2018 15:25

Super sub

yonmon 08-12-2018 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1220375)
Sorry,my ignorance, I thought a Geordie was fromNewcastle/Sunderland area and had 'that' accent. He's from Sunderland.

That'll make him a 'mackem ' then I guess John ? 😎

Exile on Spencer St 08-12-2018 15:37

Bl***y hell, couldn’t someone have given the ref an umbrella?

Kiwi John 08-12-2018 15:39

Abandoned !!!! Wtf??

cashman 08-12-2018 16:27

No choice at all the pitch was holding water badly before the big deluge, simple as. Thought we were the better side today, Have been told the result stands after 70 mins dunno if thats correct? Also thought Ripley was badly at fault for not booting the ball big time away.

Kiwi John 08-12-2018 16:35

So whats the story about the replay- does STANLEY let you in for free or a 'minimal' charge?

cashman 08-12-2018 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1220393)
So whats the story about the replay- does STANLEY let you in for free or a 'minimal' charge?

Dont think there is one but aint 100%.

Exile on Spencer St 08-12-2018 16:43

I don’t think the 70 minutes means anything. A game must last at least 90 minutes. It’ll have to be replayed, but how that affects ticket holders is for another person to answer.

Kiwi John 08-12-2018 16:50

...Logic to me would suggest they charge around 25% of the normal price but since when nowdays does logic count??

AccyMad 08-12-2018 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1220394)
Dont think there is one but aint 100%.

Definitely has to be replayed Cashy, Dan confirmed after the game that the old rule whereby a result stood after a certain amount of time was changed a long time ago & all matches have to be completed so we'll be welcoming Sunderland again, more than likely on a Tuesday night

cashman 08-12-2018 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1220398)
Definitely has to be replayed Cashy, Dan confirmed after the game that the old rule whereby a result stood after a certain amount of time was changed a long time ago & all matches have to be completed so we'll be welcoming Sunderland again, more than likely on a Tuesday night

Cheers Di thought there was some rule wasn't aware it had been done away with.Both managers were in agreement it should be called off, But the Village Idiot thought it shouldnt have been,

Lord Stiffupperlip 08-12-2018 17:38

Trust Mother Nature to rain on our parade.
The most eagerly anticipated game of the season ruined for both sets of fans.
Big respect to the exposed Sunderland fans (& both teams) for having to endure a tempest of biblical proportions.
There was little need for pre-match nerves about our high-flying visitors - we were just as good as them & shaded the first half.
Whether their goal rebounded off the arm of their forward or not - it was a major blunder by Ripley which handed them the lead.
If the Mackems thought we'd roll over they were gravely mistaken.
Once again, our lads battled back to score a much deserved equaliser.
Honours even then & more importantly, another BIG club who have learnt no one should underestimate little Accrington Stanley.

Interested Observer 08-12-2018 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1220397)
...Logic to me would suggest they charge around 25% of the normal price but since when nowdays does logic count??

Hello Accy. The last time this happened (versus us I think) you charged 50% of the original entry fee to go to the rearranged fixture i.e. £10. that was a bit annoying because I still think that if you've paid for something which is null and void and have a ticket to prove it, you should be able to get in again on that original ticket.Anyway you still need to sort that pitch out! Probably needs all the clay digging out to about 10 feet down and a complete new base laying. Otherwise you're going to keep having the same issues every season. Can't think of another club with so many abandonments in recent seasons.

cashman 08-12-2018 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested Observer (Post 1220410)
Hello Accy. The last time this happened (versus us I think) you charged 50% of the original entry fee to go to the rearranged fixture i.e. £10. that was a bit annoying because I still think that if you've paid for something which is null and void and have a ticket to prove it, you should be able to get in again on that original ticket.Anyway you still need to sort that pitch out! Probably needs all the clay digging out to about 10 feet down and a complete new base laying. Otherwise you're going to keep having the same issues every season. Can't think of another club with so many abandonments in recent seasons.

Thats maybe cos yeh cant think,:rolleyes:

ferret man 08-12-2018 19:54

Are the yellow cards cancelled.

cashman 08-12-2018 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1220412)
Are the yellow cards cancelled.

Good question.?;)

AccyMad 08-12-2018 20:16

I've got a feeling that any bookings still stand, which isn't fair as nothing else from the game does.

ferret man 08-12-2018 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1220417)
I've got a feeling that any bookings still stand, which isn't fair as nothing else from the game does.

Thanks for that why does it not surprise me.

Lord Didsbury 08-12-2018 23:48

I was pleased it was abandoned. Really, really enjoyed the match and looking forward to another 90 mins of it later in the season.
Thought we were the better team - solid throughout, although we did survive one or two scares in centre of defence. We seemed to do better down both wings than of late, competitive in centre midfield and Zanzala really stretched their defence.
Great atmosphere towards the end and for ten mins afterwards when the Dale Cavese filled the night air.

NORTHERNSOUL 09-12-2018 06:20

Aye so the expenses of staging 2 matches from one lot of ticket money

I.d charge full money but with a 50% value voucher to spend on anything else when its played that way you get a matchday at a fixed price but the club actually make some money from the experience.

monkey hanger 09-12-2018 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1220417)

cautions and sending offs stand but nothing else does. seems a shame that connor halls first goal in the league is chalked off due to no fault of his own.

monkey hanger 09-12-2018 08:04

think if the club charges checkatrade prices for the re arranged game it will make a bit out of it after covering expenses. charging full prices again would feel a bit of a rip off as they must have made a good bit out of yesterday.

andyd 09-12-2018 08:23

Don't think the record attendance will stand either quick comments on the game Barlaser class handled the conditions better than anyone gets better every game must keep hold of him, everyone else on the pitch including Sunderland players gave everything in a full bloodied contest also Kee came off knee problem Hall and Charman threw everything in for the cause.

Chewbacca 09-12-2018 08:34

Record attendance didn't last long until it was annulled.

As it was all ticket they just just let fans reuse them, but know they will charge again.

Lord Didsbury 09-12-2018 08:38

Some very nice things being said about Accy from the Mackems (although they hate our drum). There’s a good thread on their forum about how some of them are loving league one football. Eg
“Stood on that open terrace yesterday in a great little town, it was excellent, bar the weather.”
“Yesterday was class even though the game was abandoned. Going to places like Accrington adds to enjoyment.”
“Me and my 17 year old Son are enjoying it more than we have for almost a decade”

Great stuff.

Lord Didsbury 09-12-2018 09:03

Taken from the Accrington Stanley Customer Charter - www.accringtonstanley.co.uk

ABANDONED FIXTURES

If a game is abandoned or postponed prior to kick-off, anyone who has purchased a match ticket can receive a full refund or use the match ticket at the re-arranged fixture.

If a game is abandoned during the first half, anyone who has purchased a match ticket will be offered admission to the ground for 50% of the price they paid to attend the original game for the re-arranged date, using their original ticket stub as proof of purchase. No refund will be given if the game is abandoned after the first half has been completed. Any refunds in connection with this policy are to be obtained from the original point of purchase. Season ticket holders can use their Season Ticket card to gain entry to any rearranged League fixture.

Tom D 09-12-2018 09:25

Make it a tenner for adults, fiver for concessions, a couple of quid for kids. And make sure its a night when burnley and Blackburn aren't playing.

Chewbacca 09-12-2018 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1220436)
Taken from the Accrington Stanley Customer Charter - www.accringtonstanley.co.uk

ABANDONED FIXTURES

If a game is abandoned or postponed prior to kick-off, anyone who has purchased a match ticket can receive a full refund or use the match ticket at the re-arranged fixture.

If a game is abandoned during the first half, anyone who has purchased a match ticket will be offered admission to the ground for 50% of the price they paid to attend the original game for the re-arranged date, using their original ticket stub as proof of purchase. No refund will be given if the game is abandoned after the first half has been completed. Any refunds in connection with this policy are to be obtained from the original point of purchase. Season ticket holders can use their Season Ticket card to gain entry to any rearranged League fixture.

They normally have little regard to the charter e.g. cup games, and they should also get someone to proof read it.

andyd 09-12-2018 09:43

I know everyone cant for whatever reason get a season ticket but if in 2 minds this is another reason to get one no issues with anything such as a abandonment.

FitzyTyke 09-12-2018 13:07

Was hoping you lads would do us a favour v Sunderland yesterday, but we were awful and got beat at Wycombe, so it wouldn't have mattered so much.

How did you play until the abandonment?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Lord Didsbury 09-12-2018 13:24

I don’t see any issue at all in charging full price for the replayed fixture.
Sometimes you pay £20 and get a boring match and a sparse crowd. Yesterday we got 70 mins of entertaining football and a great atmosphere.
The customer charter seems completely fair to me. You win some, you lose some... and this at least sets out a reasonable framework worked out in advance so the fans don’t get fleeced and neither does the club.
Of course people will still moan, but that’s life.
No doubt Andy H will chuck in a free hot dog and drink like the gent that he is, but charity has to end somewhere.

cashman 09-12-2018 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitzyTyke (Post 1220451)
Was hoping you lads would do us a favour v Sunderland yesterday, but we were awful and got beat at Wycombe, so it wouldn't have mattered so much.

How did you play until the abandonment?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

We gave Sunderland a gift of a goal which to me was the only way they were likely to score, they played well but honestly we played better.

Chewbacca 09-12-2018 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1220453)
I don’t see any issue at all in charging full price for the replayed fixture.
Sometimes you pay £20 and get a boring match and a sparse crowd. Yesterday we got 70 mins of entertaining football and a great atmosphere.
The customer charter seems completely fair to me. You win some, you lose some... and this at least sets out a reasonable framework worked out in advance so the fans don’t get fleeced and neither does the club.
Of course people will still moan, but that’s life.
No doubt Andy H will chuck in a free hot dog and drink like the gent that he is, but charity has to end somewhere.

The EFL rules say anyone who attends an abandoned games get 50% off the rearranged fixture, no matter what half.

The Charter is about as useful as the chicanes on Charter Street.

Lord Didsbury 09-12-2018 15:12

Oh dear!

MikeA 09-12-2018 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1220455)
The EFL rules say anyone who attends an abandoned games get 50% off the rearranged fixture, no matter what half.

The Charter is about as useful as the chicanes on Charter Street.

Is that right?

All I can see is rule 28.4 which says:

Every Club must have a publicly stated policy regarding ticket refunds or other arrangements for abandoned Matches.

That seems to support what Lord Didsbury copied in post 42.

Lord Didsbury 09-12-2018 15:24

I just had a look at the EFL web site. If it’s a play off match or the league cup it does seem like there’s a 50% compensation rule, but I can’t find anything about league matches. Not that I’m saying rules don’t exist.

anmc 09-12-2018 15:35

The only area in which they were better than us was in whinging. How did we end up with three cards to their one

accybeme 09-12-2018 17:05

https://ticketingcontent.thefa.com/P...tions-of-Issue

9.3. In the event of the abandonment of a Match after kick-off you will be entitled to free admission to any rearranged Match upon presentation of your Ticket.

Lord Didsbury 09-12-2018 17:08

I assume that’s for FA Cup matches Accebeme?

accybeme 09-12-2018 17:09

I presume you are correct my lord

accybeme 09-12-2018 17:38

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance...n-5--fixtures/
Every Club must have a publicly stated policy regarding ticket refunds or other arrangements for abandoned Matches.
does anyone know what the clubs stated policy is

Exile on Spencer St 09-12-2018 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1220467)
does anyone know what the clubs stated policy is

Read Lord Didder’s post #42

Chewbacca 09-12-2018 18:41

The terms and conditions clearly state "League Ticket" several times. even though the title is not clear.

A policy to deal with refunds/discounts would not mean the rules can be re-written.

Anyway the club adhered to the rules after the Morecambe call off so I am sure it will all be reet.

Mr T 09-12-2018 21:14

Argh!!

It's the ASFC Policy ( Customer Charter) that applies to re-arranged games.

This Charter is on our website and lodged with EFL

The 50% EFL rule is to the 5 games they arranged not the ones their clubs sort every weekend and most Tuesday's/Wednesday's

ferret man 09-12-2018 21:20

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1220474]The terms and conditions clearly state "League Ticket" several times. even though the title is not clear.

A policy to deal with refunds/discounts would not mean the rules can be re-written.

Anyway the club adhered to the rules after the Morecambe call off so I am sure it will all be reet.[/QUOTE
Unless the Government get involved.

cashman 10-12-2018 08:38

Think its poor, always have that goals dont count (Hall) going back many many years the same thing happened when Denis Law got a pan full.

Interested Observer 10-12-2018 17:28

[QUOTE=ferret man;1220479]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1220474)
The terms and conditions clearly state "League Ticket" several times. even though the title is not clear.

Anyway the club adhered to the rules after the Morecambe call off so I am sure it will all be reet.[/QUOTE
Unless the Government get involved.

Which Morecambe 'call off' the first or second? Yeh need to get some garden forks and let the water drain away. Can't keep charging fans twice for the same game, the EFL will twig what yer up to before long.:cool:

AccyMad 10-12-2018 18:12

[QUOTE=Interested Observer;1220504]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1220479)

Which Morecambe 'call off' the first or second? Yeh need to get some garden forks and let the water drain away. Can't keep charging fans twice for the same game, the EFL will twig what yer up to before long.:cool:

Don't talk rubbish, if you think we can afford for any games to be called off you're in cuckoo land!
The first game called off against your lot shouldn't have been, pitch was playable but the combination of Ellison's theatrics & Jim Bentley in the ref's ear caused the abandonment - nothing to do with the fact you were losing I suppose.
The second one, last New Year's day I think, was down to the ref - he obviously had somewhere to be.
Stop whinging & concentrate on your own club's troubles

cashman 10-12-2018 18:16

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1220508]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested Observer (Post 1220504)
Don't talk rubbish, if you think we can afford for any games to be called off you're in cuckoo land!
The first game called off against your lot shouldn't have been, pitch was playable but the combination of Ellison's theatrics & Jim Bentley in the ref's ear caused the abandonment - nothing to do with the fact you were losing I suppose.
The second one, last New Year's day I think, was down to the ref - he obviously had somewhere to be.

What else do yeh expect? he lives in Padiham.:D

monkey hanger 11-12-2018 09:15

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1220508]
Quote:

even a morecambe player i spoke to said the pitch was fine.

AccyMad 11-12-2018 10:35

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1220519]
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1220508)

even a morecambe player i spoke to said the pitch was fine.

I bet it wasn't Kevin Ellison - he doesn't like puddles :)

KiTChener 11-12-2018 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1220486)
Think its poor, always have that goals dont count (Hall) going back many many years the same thing happened when Denis Law got a pan full.

Remember well that game, I was stood on the (uncovered) terrace behind the goal City were attacking, Denis bagged six goals by half time. Unfortunately, they didn't come out for second half! Memory fades, but, pretty sure it was against Luton Town, & when replayed near end of season, City lost 3-1 !!

cashman 11-12-2018 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1220527)
Remember well that game, I was stood on the (uncovered) terrace behind the goal City were attacking, Denis bagged six goals by half time. Unfortunately, they didn't come out for second half! Memory fades, but, pretty sure it was against Luton Town, & when replayed near end of season, City lost 3-1 !!

My memorys real knackered mate, i knew it was 6, but thought he was still with Huddersfield.:D:D

Exile on Spencer St 11-12-2018 17:22

The King was my boyhood footballing hero.
It was a few years before my adolescent adulation kicked in, but he was playing for City in the FA Cup 4th round against Luton Town when he scored six times, only for the game to be abandoned after 69 minutes owing to (Somerset, please take note) a waterlogged pitch.
It happened on my birthday in 1961.
For those who care or have forgotten, Luton weren’t a bad team then and had been the beaten finalists at Wembley in 1959.
To keep this ‘on thread’, I can only assume Denis must’ve run over a few black cats on his way to Maine Road that day.

Interested Observer 11-12-2018 19:28

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1220508]
Quote:

I thought I'd get more abuse than that, poor effort Accy! It was of course said in jest!!LOL. East Lancs weather is notoriously aquatic and it's always going to happen.

I remember your pitch when it was a quagmire in winter so you've come a long way since then. Anyway I'm actually really pleased for you (in a jealous sort of way). Coley is still a Morecambe legend. As a player he'd come and sit at the bar with us and have a pint under the old main stand at Christie Park after games.He is a true gent and football through and through. Those days are just a distant memory now. Hope you all have a Happy Xmas and keep it going. You are a shining example of what a small club can achieve with decent management and a good owner.

Oh and a Happy New Year to you all during which you hopefully finally sort that bloody pitch out! :mosher:

monkey hanger 12-12-2018 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1220529)
My memorys real knackered mate, i knew it was 6, but thought he was still with Huddersfield.:D:D

i thought that luton cup game was at huddersfield in 1959. i,d just moved down from hartlepool and was at the game. think huddersfield were winning 5 -1 and luton won in the re arranged game.

cashman 12-12-2018 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1220558)
i thought that luton cup game was at huddersfield in 1959. i,d just moved down from hartlepool and was at the game. think huddersfield were winning 5 -1 and luton won in the re arranged game.

The abandonded game was at Luton.

Exile on Spencer St 12-12-2018 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1220558)

Funny thing memory.
3rd round of FA Cup on 10th January 1959 saw Luton beat Leeds 5-1, Ipswich beat Huddersfield 1-0, and Accrington Stanley annihilate Darlington 3-0. Later that month Man City were beaten at home in a replay by Grimsby!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958%E2%80%9359_FA_Cup

KiTChener 12-12-2018 15:05

I concede that memory really deteriorates with advancing years, but, I am sure that the game was at Maine Road, & was a league game, abandoned at half time, replayed later in season, when City lost 3-1, having led 6-2, King Denis having scored all six..... be grateful to any of you techies out there who know how to research the records.... it would have been approximately between '60 & '62.... however, as the game was abandoned, it may not even exist in any records!

Anybody have an e-mail or twitter address for Denis??

cashman 12-12-2018 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1220563)
I concede that memory really deteriorates with advancing years, but, I am sure that the game was at Maine Road, & was a league game, abandoned at half time, replayed later in season, when City lost 3-1, having led 6-2, King Denis having scored all six..... be grateful to any of you techies out there who know how to research the records.... it would have been approximately between '60 & '62.... however, as the game was abandoned, it may not even exist in any records!

Anybody have an e-mail or twitter address for Denis??

Look up footballsite.co.uk- denislaw scores 6 goals;)

KiTChener 12-12-2018 21:39

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...ll-lost-012816

Thanks, Cashy, this seems to be the actual link! seems my memory is not as good as I thought!!