Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sky Blues Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sky-blues-match-thread-70470.html)

mab 01-03-2019 07:37

Sky Blues Match Thread

:) Stanley Team news... Ross Sykes Still side lined with a groin strain, JC still to decide as to whether Jonny Maxted is able to feature after he received a mild concussion and stitches to the back of the head in Saturday's draw with Oxford. Coventry are still looking for there first win against Stanley after collecting only 1pt out 3 games played 2 Defeats last season and a draw this season. Match officials.. Ref Peter Wright Having officiated in 28 games so far during the 2018/19 campaign, Peter has given a total of 85 yellow cards and six red cards. He will be assisted by Matthew Bristow and Ian Dudley, while Martin Coy will act as fourth official. :)

cashman 01-03-2019 08:28

Re: Sky Blues Match Thread

Ross to me is a big miss, says another 3 weeks.:eek:

Exile on Spencer St 01-03-2019 15:44

Finley signs new 2 year contract! Expect him to start tomorrow?

StanleyJosh 01-03-2019 16:58

Ross is a massive miss, Big Ben just doesn’t look comfortable playing

cashman 01-03-2019 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1224847)
Finley signs new 2 year contract! Expect him to start tomorrow?

I think he may do.

choirboy 01-03-2019 21:16

I have to miss the Coventry match!!!!:(
Please shout and sing louder to make up for my absence!:)
COME ON STANLEY
:jimbo:

Tom D 02-03-2019 06:31

Defo for finley to start. We might think about swapping smyth for armstrong too - unless we can entice coventry to play a higher defensive line

Exile on Spencer St 02-03-2019 08:41

Weather forecast isn’t exactly promising. Hope it’s not another ‘Somerset’.

Spartacus2nd 02-03-2019 11:16

Smyth is young and inexperienced but its his pace and movement thats creating the spaces for us to play into, would be surprised to see him dropped. I like Armstrongbut he only comes in if we go 3 up top, which i doubt.

As for young Finley i think he conceded his place to Smyth. Finley tended to play off Kee more i think and drove from deep. I like that, but can only see him coming in at the expense of Barlaser

Kiwi John 02-03-2019 15:18

#@$^@^$@&*@&$^!

Kiwi John 02-03-2019 15:54

My god I wish I'ld stayed in bed. Grumpy Sunday has started. :(

cashman 02-03-2019 16:21

The second half was absolute rubbish, have seen as good on the playing fields. finished up with 3 strikers and NEVER looked like scoring, Coventry were not great but certainly deserved the 3 pts. imho.

andyd 02-03-2019 16:35

Should never have dropped Brown he is our only midfielder with any bite constantly gave the ball away today didn't deserve anything against a very mediocre side only player to come out with any credit was Dimi in the nets pulled a fantastic save second half cound,nt be blamed for the shocking goal we conceded need to up our game for Teusday against Blackpool cause they will have a very noisy following backing them.

choirboy 02-03-2019 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1224853)
I have to miss the Coventry match!!!!:(
Please shout and sing louder to make up for my absence!:)
COME ON STANLEY
:jimbo:

The boys clearly missed my support today......Humph!:eek:

Chrisr 02-03-2019 17:31

It was dire today. Coventry were much better at the passing but couldn't capitalize on their superior technical play. We played well for the first 15 Mins, I am afraid after that we looked out of sorts. We were dragged out of position all afternoon. Somebody commented that this team is not strong enough to compete in this division. On today's Performance I couldn't disagree. Most of the players were poor. The substitutions were hard to understand. I still think we will stay in this division but some hard decisions have to be made at the end of the season.