Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sunderland home thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sunderland-home-thread-70524.html)

chevyfire 03-04-2019 21:29

Sunderland home thread

Sunderland played better than when we played them the 1st two times. Mcgeady scored a quality goal. Our tactics/formation which Coley is trying to tinker with a lot at present didn't work first half. In fact it was the poorest half I have seen us play this season.
For 20 mins second half we had a good go at Sunderland, the Sousa gamble was paying off. But we tired and Sunderland re-assumed control. You can't fault are lads effort, Sunderland looked at better team than us and are this season.
We have 3 massive games now, I am concerned ahead of them. Can we score enough goals. For me we are not moving the ball quick enough and the opposition are snuffing us out. Are offensive play is not creating enough at present.Defensively, Sykes can be great one moment but makes some poor decisions the next. Johnson has recently been found out defensively for me. The last 20 mins with Sousa and Johnson on that side it felt like we could be in deep trouble.
Anyhow if we can Scramble 2/3 wins from here (which i feel we could do). I will be chuffed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

andyd 03-04-2019 21:47

Re: Sunderland home thread

I didn't think before the game we were going to get anything from tonight Sunderland top side with better players than ours bad time to concede the 2 but 2nd half we improved my main concern going into the season defining next 3 fixtures is we can't seem to buy a goal at the moment let's hope we can cure this few positives tonight even though he conceded 3 Dimitar looks a far better keeper than Maxted, Sousa looked sharp and perhaps deserves a start non positives Conneely subbed yet again at half time can we afford to start him again in such crucial games who would be a manager.

Lord Love Rocket 03-04-2019 22:03

Like you said andyd the next three fixtures are masive feel for conneely just coming back from injurie I feel for any player getting hooked of at half time but it had to be done.Richards a million miles of and as for Hughes he's gone I've seen fitter and quicker CBs on a Sunday morning not good.

Lord Love Rocket 03-04-2019 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1226488)
I didn't think before the game we were going to get anything from tonight Sunderland top side with better players than ours bad time to concede the 2 but 2nd half we improved my main concern going into the season defining next 3 fixtures is we can't seem to buy a goal at the moment let's hope we can cure this few positives tonight even though he conceded 3 Dimitar looks a far better keeper than Maxted, Sousa looked sharp and perhaps deserves a start non positives Conneely subbed yet again at half time can we afford to start him again in such crucial games who would be a manager.

On reflection I think he took Seamus off for his own good he was awful yet again just not good enough for this level, he tries though so credit for that but please don't start him again on Saturday, for his sake and ours!

Chrisr 03-04-2019 22:19

It was certainly a game of two halves as they say, The first half we had no answer to Sunderland. We did well to go in only 2-0 down. second half a couple of changes gave us a lift. We did have 3 chances in the game but again failed to score. I agree that a good deal of our players are not League 1 quality. I still think we will stay up by the skin of our teeth, We need more experienced players and a decent striker. Coley was trying to pick the positives which he has to do. I do think we will all be biting our nails until the last game of this season. Lets see what we can afford to buy, sell, in players, Tonight was a bad day at the office. Last Saturday a draw would have been fair. Billy's goal was good for me. Now we need wins and nothing else will do.

mab 03-04-2019 22:34

Chasing shadows for most of the game ,when we had the ball gave it away for fun,thought Conneely had a good first half bit surprised he was subbed, McConville ineffective yet again Souca changed the game and deserves a start.

Twenty Eight 03-04-2019 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1226494)
Chasing shadows for most of the game ,when we had the ball gave it away for fun,thought Conneely had a good first half bit surprised he was subbed, McConville ineffective yet again Souca changed the game and deserves a start.

I’ve said it a million times but I’ll say it again. The way we set up the defensive midfield role is incredibly tough.
Scotty can’t do it neither can Seamus at the moment. Just getting out numbered and our opponents have sussed us out with the high press.
For everyone that says Seamus did ok there will be a dissenting voice.
If he’s out Saturday good luck to whoever gets the thankless task.
So if you keep Sousa in Mab that means leaving Clark on the bench because there’s no way McConvilles getting benched and personally I think he’s been poor for a while now. So have others before everyone goes for my jugular.
Up top zero is happening no matter which combination is put together.
All in all a bit of inspiration needed.
Pray to your God whatever denomination you are because Saturday is critical.
Don’t understand Rodgers being left out tonight.
If I had a choice this would be me Saturday.
Dimi
Rodgers Sykes Hughes
Johnson Finlay Conneely McConville
Clark
Kee Smyth

Lord Love Rocket 03-04-2019 22:57

Yes man conneely was that good he got hooked of at half time Mmmm.

AccyMad 04-04-2019 06:08

For my two pennorth, I thought our lads gave it a damn good go last night against a team who obviously have more quality than we do - disappointing result but hardly a surprise given the opposition who played much better than in our other games against them (they were probably still stinging from Sunday's defeat).
I at least came home feeling like I'd watched a good game unlike last Saturday!
To be honest, my only gripe was the 'fans' who thought it apt to boo our lads off at half time, what good does that do anyone? No need for it

andyd 04-04-2019 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1226497)
I’ve said it a million times but I’ll say it again. The way we set up the defensive midfield role is incredibly tough.
Scotty can’t do it neither can Seamus at the moment. Just getting out numbered and our opponents have sussed us out with the high press.
For everyone that says Seamus did ok there will be a dissenting voice.
If he’s out Saturday good luck to whoever gets the thankless task.
So if you keep Sousa in Mab that means leaving Clark on the bench because there’s no way McConvilles getting benched and personally I think he’s been poor for a while now. So have others before everyone goes for my jugular.
Up top zero is happening no matter which combination is put together.
All in all a bit of inspiration needed.
Pray to your God whatever denomination you are because Saturday is critical.
Don’t understand Rodgers being left out tonight.
If I had a choice this would be me Saturday.
Dimi
Rodgers Sykes Hughes
Johnson Finlay Conneely McConville
Clark
Kee Smyth

I for one 28 agree about McConville was poor and has been for a while midfield enforcer we just haven't got one personally I think you could find room for both Sousa and Clark if we play like we did in the 2nd half in the next 3 games against poorer opposition we stand a chance of survival if not I fear the worse.

Twenty Eight 04-04-2019 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket (Post 1226498)
Yes man conneely was that good he got hooked of at half time Mmmm.

Where did I say he was good ?
He's still trying to get back to 100% after a nasty injury.
Equally I assume you understand the term tactical substitutions ?
He took off a defensive midfielder and a defender replacing them with an attacking midfielder and a winger.
Reason ? 2-0 down and chasing the game.
Coley's decision totally different if we come in only 1 down.

Twenty Eight 04-04-2019 07:35

So Lord Love Rocket what is your reasoning for the Big Ben substitution ?

Twenty Eight 04-04-2019 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1226503)
I for one 28 agree about McConville was poor and has been for a while midfield enforcer we just haven't got one personally I think you could find room for both Sousa and Clark if we play like we did in the 2nd half in the next 3 games against poorer opposition we stand a chance of survival if not I fear the worse.

I just cant see Coley going that offensive mate especially away at Wimbledon but understand your reasoning.

monkey hanger 04-04-2019 07:48

[QUOTE=mab;1226494]Chasing shadows for most of the game ,when we had the ball gave it away for fun,

that was the main problem last night especially the first half with a side out that looked more like a side you,d send out for an away game to attempt to snatch a point. were sunderland that good or were we that bad. is the question. next three games for me will tell us which division we will be playing in next season and we need a more positive outlook than in the first half last night in them. at least clarke will be back but that will not help our central midfield failings.

pidge 04-04-2019 08:39

Conneely was a million miles of it , as was hughes who struggles with any sort of pass in or around him or over the top of him , Callum Johnson looks a shadow of a player we had from last season. Sunderland a much better side than us if truth be told , billy Kee done well with what service he had an if him or Sean don’t score it doesent look like a goal will come from anywhere else on the park , Also thaught Smyth was innefective an got brushed of the ball far to easily last night.

cashman 04-04-2019 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket (Post 1226491)
On reflection I think he took Seamus off for his own good he was awful yet again just not good enough for this level, he tries though so credit for that but please don't start him again on Saturday, for his sake and ours!

Thats the problem when i saw the starting line up i thought we would get nowt,say what yeh want but J,C,has too many favourites as others said the second half for 15-20 mins we looked much better,though our distribution was abysmal.the best side by a country mile got the 3 pts, we need at least 6 or 7 pts fromnext 3 games i reckon K.T.F.

StanleyJosh 04-04-2019 09:43

beaten by a much organised, direct team.

First goal - Janoi committed himself too easily out wide, him and sean both caught out of position and seamus and sam were left tracking back others as big ben hadn't cut inside, McGeady took the goal well but we shouldn't be giving a player of his ability that much space.
Second goal - Route 1 football really. Players caught out of position, no one gambling on the 2nd ball. Poor to concede that. Big Ben played the lad onside by a good few yards - not the first time Yozzer had screamed at him for doing so.

Third goal neither here nor there considering we had to push players further forward.

Subs at half time were the right call.
Thought Seamus played well but clearly fitness is an issue at present with him coming back from injury.
Big Ben started the half well but yet again caught out of position.

Can't fault Dimi for any of the goals. Think we are all in agreement he is our best keeper. Awful kicking but at least he doesn't spend an age like Maxted taking goal kicks.
Janoi looked like he had not played football in a decade.
Callum had little involvment which was a surprise. Don't think he touched the ball for about 20 minutes in the first half.
Ross was probably one of our better players, some good key tackles, distribution let him down, he always seems to rush and try and play a 60 yard diagonal ball.
Hughes let his emotions get to him. Must be frustrating telling Big Ben all game to get into position then concede from it. Needs to focus on his own game more than what the opposition are doing. Unlucky not to have won a penalty for shirt pulling end of second half, if only Sean could have delivered the ball near him maybe the ref would have been looking!
Not Sam's best game for us, would've liked him to of tried to impose himself a bit more in the game, get the ball deep and look to switch the ball out wide. Outclassed by ability but not by effort.
Sean actually had one of his better games for us in a while, thought he layed the ball off well out wide on edge of area. Tired and became sloppy towards end of game but think that was more down to players around him.
Smyth ran himself into the ground. Maybe should have tried dragging defenders wide but didn't have much time on the ball. Personally, felt he could of again tried imposing himself more on the game, especially after his MOM performance at Stadium of Light.
Billy again had to drop deeper and deeper due to our poor midfield. Held the ball up well and always looked to release Smyth/Sean/Erico. Probably should have been in the box more when we had the ball out wide but again can't fault his desire to get the ball and do something with it!

Surprised by how confident Erico is playing, beat his man well a few times but surprised he didn't use his pace more. Clearly should have used his left foot when 1 on 1 but in his defence, the ball took one hell of a bobble as he hit it. Impressed with him. Hope he gets more opportunity in next few games. No problem with keeping him as a squad player for the future, hopefully he keeps getting his chance.
Dan played a bit deeper than I thought he would of. Still think his best position is more attacking, if you give him a few balls on the edge of the area in a game, you'd hope at least 1 is going to either go in the back of the net or force the keeper into a good save. Something we have been lacking of late. Fancy footwork would probably work more on the edge of an opponents box (drawing a foul) but not 20 yards from our own goal!
Can't really offer much on Scotty apart from he does the simple stuff well. Sometimes that is more important that doing the hard stuff.

Sunderland was in my view looked at as a bonus game. If we had got something from it great, but I'm pleased we came through it with (hopefully) no injuries, and no silly red cards etc!

If we start the game on Saturday how we did the 2nd half last night, hopefully we can influence the 90 minutes in our favour.

I don't want us to try and match Wimbledon.
Make them do the work and match us.

KTF

monkey hanger 04-04-2019 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1226508)
Conneely was a million miles of it , as was hughes who struggles with any sort of pass in or around him or over the top of him , Callum Johnson looks a shadow of a player we had from last season. Sunderland a much better side than us if truth be told , billy Kee done well with what service he had an if him or Sean don’t score it doesent look like a goal will come from anywhere else on the park , Also thaught Smyth was innefective an got brushed of the ball far to easily last night.

thats the problem we have. too many players off form and you can add sean to the list as well. billy is expected to perform miracles and outjump lads inches taller than him with very little help. things need to change very quickly and coley has some real work to do the next couple of weeks to give us half a chance of staying up. my biggest fear is that if we do go down unless there is big changes in the playing staff the current side will struggle even if we do get relagated never mind stay up.

Lord Love Rocket 04-04-2019 11:31

For me 28 big Ben shouldn't have started the game strange one that.Hooked of becouse clearly not good enough hope he doesn't start him at Wimbledon or we are in trouble.

yonmon 04-04-2019 11:33

Just watched the highlights on Sky Sports... Stanleywise there wasn't one !.
The truth being that there was , from the kick-off there was a sense of inevitability about the game and it's result due to the difference in class between the Reds and a very sharp, skilful, and well- motivated Sunderland team.
So given these facts is it true to say that the expected defeat doesnt matter that much ?.
Perhaps not, but one fact does shine out, that being that unless we are awarded a penalty we don't score goals !, and the ill-balanced team on show last night, with its dismal midfield
had little opportunity or chance to do this !.
Now, you've never heard me call Sean the Wunderkind ( ? ) but in spite of what some have opined earlier, his contributions of late and against Sunderland have been below League One standard !. (Sorry Accymad !.. but I've said it ! ). The team badly need an on-field leader and the lad just isn't one !, and sadly even the basic skills he once showed seem to have deteriorated!.. perhaps he will rise to the occasion for the next three games.. if not then the inevitability moves from last night's game to relegation !.

KTF... ON STANLEY ON !!.

Chrisr 04-04-2019 11:55

After some more consideration of the last few games. Last night I saw heads drop both halves. There has to be some brutal honesty. I have said previously that many of the players we have are not league 1 quality. Those that are will probably be gone elsewhere at the end of the season. Again it depends on the budget as to who we can afford to bring in. I am also a JC fan for what he has done for the club. I like many others have been left wondering about his team selection and substitution policies. Add to that there seems to be a problem changing the game plan as needed. I do fear the spirit of the team has suffered and the keen effective team we had seems to have resigned themselves to being beaten. Teams at this level have opposition teams have sussed us out within the first 10 minutes. Players we brought in and played well have now sunk to the level of Sunday players. We are in dire danger and Coley can't seem to raise the team confidence at this moment. I just hope we can win at least 3 games and not lose the others that will just about save us.

cashman 04-04-2019 12:00

Think thats pretty well summed up yonmon, also if our captain still aint fully recovered from injury no way on this earth should he be starting. if thats the case its damn crap management in my eyes.:(

Inspector Morse 04-04-2019 12:26

If its crap management who would you have played instead?

cashman 04-04-2019 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1226521)
If its crap management who would you have played instead?

Learnm to digest whats written, i said if conneely hadnt recovered and was played its crap.:rolleyes:

Lord Love Rocket 04-04-2019 13:17

Your spot on cashman about the gaffer having favourites all managers have them.but his are letting him down now or clearly not good enough?

Lord Didsbury 04-04-2019 13:20

Think i agree with accymad - much more enjoyable to watch than saturday and I thought we did OK in the second half.
The problem was the first half. The speed of their passing is much quicker than we are used to and we were setup too defensively.
Sykes, Goalie, Sean, Smyth, Sousa, Barlaser, Sam all did OK

I'd like to see us start as we ended the game - apart from Clark back in for Sousa if he's ok to play.

Pitched seemed to have improved a little from the weekend. Less bobbling.

Inspector Morse 04-04-2019 13:29

'Learnm to digest whats written, i said if conneely hadnt recovered and was played its crap'

So, who would you have played instead?

Exile on Spencer St 04-04-2019 13:46

1 Attachment(s)
Another very bad result last night but, this time last year, Sunderland were a poor Championship side and Stanley an over-achieving League 2 outfit. Don’t know how many players Sunderland ‘lost’, but clearly, in Chapman, Dunne, and Jackson, Stanley lost three very influential players and this season’s squad is, probably, not as strong. They also lost two good defenders in Iheikwe and Anderson half way through this season.

But it’s the only squad Stanley have and Professor Coleman has to deal with.

So, I’m not sure what there is to gain from stating the b****ing obvious that, being 2 points from relegation with 7 games to go, the squad may not be up to scratch for this League.
Of course, we can all blame the manager and staff for the players we have but I don’t recall many saying the squad was not good enough back in October when, after 14 games, Stanley were fourth in the table.

Right now our team are in the trenches, low on ammunition, under fire from all directions, and with no hope of reinforcements. But only the players we have can secure League 1 survival and I for one want those players to give their all and fight for all our sakes.

cashman 04-04-2019 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1226528)
'Learnm to digest whats written, i said if conneely hadnt recovered and was played its crap'

So, who would you have played instead?

Barlaiser though only a kid a much better midfielder also not a bad shot on him, plays forward midfield mainly, not sideways and backwards. he may be young but will probably go much further in the game in my opinion.Exile who was injured and not playing back then?

Inspector Morse 04-04-2019 15:23

Barlaser while being a more talented player has underperformed for us.
If he'd fulfilled expectations we would not be resorting to an undercooked Conneely.

Seamus is the only midfielder we have who can be relied on to keep some shape.
I don't mind if Seamus can't pass forward: that's not his job. He's there to screen the defence, win the ball and give it to the better players.

cashman 04-04-2019 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1226536)
If he'd fulfilled expectations we would not be resorting to an undercooked Conneely.

I don't mind if Seamus can't pass forward: that's not his job. He's there to screen the defence, win the ball and give it to the better players.

Not a great ball winner i think, plus an under performing kid is better in my view, we certainly played much better second half or did yeh miss that? Also we had a damn good defender a few years back who was played too much when not fit didn't do him any favours or do yeh not remember that?

Lord Love Rocket 04-04-2019 15:52

Which he's not done in either of his both games back has he ?

yonmon 04-04-2019 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1226536)

Our Captain ( ?).. Is unfortunately injured and it shows. But when fit his skill levels appear to be far below those of most midfield players of other teams who have visited THE WHAM this season, and perhaps this is the reason why his contribution to a game appears to be limited.
Unfortunately this applies to the other midfielders in the squad, defending is at a premium, and finding and making a telling pass is seldom seen in a game. This in my humble opinion is one of the major factors affecting the current lack of success and more importantly POINTS at this concerning time in our season.
However, the status quo is unlikely to change at all so my fervent hope is that one or more of our midfield can find that something extra which will change the outcome of one or more of the remaining games !.. it really does rest on their shoulders to shield the defence and feed the right pass to Billy and Paul. A bridge too far ?..I hope not !.

But what do I know ?.. so JC and JB work YOUR magic.. please !!

KTF.. ON STANLEY ON TO GREATER THINGS !.

cashman 04-04-2019 17:55

For me we aint had a better Midfielder played for stanley since Matty Crooks. For me next season we certainly need one of those at least, a striker, and a keeper, its fine saying our lad is good, but his distribution is chronic, thought Sunderland could possibly have got 2 or 3 more last night through his poor distribution in fact we were lucky they didn't in my view.

andyd 04-04-2019 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1226541)
For me we aint had a better Midfielder played for stanley since Matty Crooks. For me next season we certainly need one of those at least, a striker, and a keeper, its fine saying our lad is good, but his distribution is chronic, thought Sunderland could possibly have got 2 or 3 more last night through his poor distribution in fact we were lucky they didn't in my view.

Agree with you Cashy on Crooks and our need for a midfielder and striker as for the keeper as far as his goalkeeping is concerned he looks quite good and with games under his belt could improve his distribution Maxted isn't a bad backup so unless we go for 3 senior keepers not a priority in my opinion other plenty of other I might add positions need improvement and quality regardless of what league we participate in next season.

cashman 04-04-2019 18:26

How old is the keeper? dont look a kid to me therefore if he aint his distribution should be up to scratch have just looked he is 25. no kid at all.

accyfan21 04-04-2019 19:42

The set piece deliveries are a bit worrying for me, that was our biggest threat in League 2 and at the start of the season and now they are none existent! We have tall players like Ross, Callum, Ben and Mark say yet we don’t even pass the ball near them?
Also think JC has to take some reponsibility for the starting positioning of Callum and Janoi, they usually play the opposite and no wonder Callum hardly got a touch of the ball, he’s a right footer. Whenever he did get the ball he could not attack as Sunderland sussed him out straight away, no left foot so would just cut inside on his right and their RB had that option covered straight away.
A few positives to take from second half so onwards and upwards for the remaining matches :)

Lord Stiffupperlip 04-04-2019 21:52

Last night proved only one thing - Sunderland are too good for League 1
On the subject of our midfield, whatever happened to Liam Nolan?
I always thought young Liam was a quick thinking, cultured midfielder, always trying to make that telling pass forward.
More importantly, he actually wanted the ball & was always looking for space to receive it.
His continued absence still puzzles me.

Lost in Cornwall 05-04-2019 07:17

Just looked at the figures for agents fees. Sunderland spent just under £3 million, we spent £4815. Says it all really. You can only get so far with effort and the budget we've got. Hopefully we can pick up 6 points from the next 3 games and look forward to another season in League 1.

monkey hanger 05-04-2019 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip;1226561
On the subject of our midfield, whatever happened to Liam Nolan?
I always thought young Liam was a quick thinking, cultured midfielder, always trying to make that telling pass forward.
More importantly, he actually [I
wanted[/I] the ball & was always looking for space to receive it.
His continued absence still puzzles me.

been thinking the same. was similar to seamus last season and thought he,d push on to play in his position. if not injured it certainly puzzles me why he,s not in the squad unless his face doesn,t fit or a disruptive influence.

yonmon 05-04-2019 10:19

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1226569or a disruptive influence.[/QUOTE]

MH... Perhaps a disruptive influence in the shape of Liam Nolan. or anyone else of a disruptive nature might not be a bad thing ?. Just might shake up the other midfielders a little bit in the lethargic comfort zones they seem to have created for themselves. Perhaps a 'disruptive ' character on-field might also prove to be a more capable Captain / Vice Captain than the duo currently filling these positions ?.
On the other hand a disruptive influence within the squad might destroy the camaraderie which seems to exist within it,. But once again my thoughts are turning into suppositories ( damn that predictive text ! ) Suppositions was what I was going to say !. Time for my midday Medication and Nap ?.

ON STANLEY ...ON TO GREATER THINGS !

cashman 05-04-2019 10:24

As the object is SUrvival then Nolan cant be any worse than whats playing midfield at this time?

monkey hanger 05-04-2019 10:46

clarke, mcconville,barlaser and finley our best 4 midfielders at the club for me but all are better going forward than defending and thats before they pick up cautions when they do defend.

Twenty Eight 05-04-2019 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1226594)
clarke, mcconville,barlaser and finley our best 4 midfielders at the club for me but all are better going forward than defending and thats before they pick up cautions when they do defend.

Agreed mate - but as you rightly point out none of them has an out and out defensive gene.
Jordan has come on leaps and bounds in that respect and maybe just maybe his absence from the starting line up has exposed Johnson's weakness because Sousa ain't going to battle back as an example.
Football teams are about balance and we are totally imbalanced.
No left footers and no defensive anchor man. Players playing out of position etc etc.
Brought in two left backs ........ where are they ?
Wood least said the better and Gibson I can only think still struggling health wise.

Spartacus2nd 05-04-2019 14:16

I think we've missed Anderton far more than anticipated

Twenty Eight 05-04-2019 14:21

Agreed. Ihiekwi also.

Lord Love Rocket 05-04-2019 16:08

Explain this then 28 Clarke and Johnson both played at Barnsley together and both poor if I'm not mistaken Clarke was substituted.so don't agree with that one again.

Twenty Eight 05-04-2019 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket (Post 1226613)
Explain this then 28 Clarke and Johnson both played at Barnsley together and both poor if I'm not mistaken Clarke was substituted.so don't agree with that one again.

It’s Clark without an E Sir.
Thank you for selecting one game.
Check how many times Johnson has been substituted and Clark has stayed on.
For the record Clark had an average game at Barnsley.
For the record now that it’s passed he was playing with an injury.
For the record He was never expected to complete 90 minutes.
Next point ?

Twenty Eight 05-04-2019 18:17

While you are asking for explanations Lord may I ask you a question ? Right back - Rodgers or Johnson ?
When you’ve made your choice justify it.

cashman 05-04-2019 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1226589)
MH... Perhaps a disruptive influence in the shape of Liam Nolan. or anyone else of a disruptive nature might not be a bad thing ?.
On the other hand a disruptive influence within the squad might destroy the camaraderie which seems to exist within it,. But once again my thoughts are turning into suppositories ( damn that predictive text ! ) Suppositions was what I was going to say !. Time for my midday Medication and Nap ?.

ON STANLEY ...ON TO GREATER THINGS !

Owd mate camaraderie aint doing us much good at the moment, we lost 6 outa the last 7, so to me a disruptive influence cant do any worse than that surely?

Lord Love Rocket 05-04-2019 18:31

Why didn't you pull monkeyhanger on his spelling on Clark smartarse ? Don't know you tell me you seem to know it all 28 and if you don't like it you also seem to get the huff on don't you.

Twenty Eight 05-04-2019 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket (Post 1226620)
Why didn't you pull monkeyhanger on his spelling on Clark smartarse ? Don't know you tell me you seem to know it all 28 and if you don't like it you also seem to get the huff on don't you.

Huff on ?
I love it don’t know where you get the impression I don’t like it. Forums are for debate. Let’s have one.
Instead of concentrating on me concentrate on the threads.
Well swerved ....... I’ll ask again.
Rodgers or Johnson ?
Not a hard question.
You’ve plenty to say about numerous topics why can’t you answer a very simple question ?
It’s only opinions Sir.
Let’s hear yours.

Lord Love Rocket 05-04-2019 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1226622)
Huff on ?
I love it don’t know where you get the impression I don’t like it. Forums are for debate. Let’s have one.
Instead of concentrating on me concentrate on the threads.
Well swerved ....... I’ll ask again.
Rodgers or Johnson ?
Not a hard question.
You’ve plenty to say about numerous topics why can’t you answer a very simple question ?
It’s only opinions Sir.
Let’s hear yours.

Tough one twenty eight, probably Callum as he's better going forward / better in the final third, what about you?

Lord Love Rocket 05-04-2019 19:31

Rogers been the forgotten man since he came back but has also looked good, isn't he a centre half though 28? Like comparing Alexande Arnold and van dijk in this game I'm watching now

Lord Love Rocket 05-04-2019 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket (Post 1226623)
Tough one twenty eight, probably Callum as he's better going forward / better in the final third, what about you?

And that's only my opinion before you jump all over me if you've got a connection with Rogers as well as clarkE, and seamus and lord knows who else.

Can I ask you a question please twenty eight?

Mr T 05-04-2019 20:07

Another one which will close

Nick A was/ is on a fortune at BFC; loaned out by the Chairperson at the club without the full blessing of the manager

Micheal from Rotherham is on a bigger fortune; we wanted to extend and the conditions attached were financially huge

Blow loads of money on one deal and you need to do it on all deals forever!!

Coley simply won't do that; cares too much for ASFC:)