Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wimbledon today thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wimbledon-today-thread-70534.html)

cashman 06-04-2019 13:20

Wimbledon today thread.

Good to see Clark back shame the captain is. Finley and Barlaiser both on bench fear for a result hope i'm wrong

AccyMad 06-04-2019 13:54

Re: Wimbledon today thread.

All this tinkering with the starting line up worries me - there's more ins & outs than Brexit! Everything crossed for a positive result today but I might just hibernate till the final whistle goes, not sure my nerves can take it

cashman 06-04-2019 14:03

way i see it we aint got much at all in creative midfield, what bit we have is on the bench.:(

cashman 06-04-2019 14:24

1-0 down already.

andyd 06-04-2019 14:24

1-0 down 20th as it stands

andyd 06-04-2019 14:26

Now 21st Southend just scored

andyd 06-04-2019 14:32

22nd now Rochdale winning

Lord Love Rocket 06-04-2019 14:32

Better team on the bench FFS

cashman 06-04-2019 14:32

Dont suprise me andy wi that starting line up.:(

andyd 06-04-2019 14:37

1-1 Clark

AccyMad 06-04-2019 14:37

Yes Jordan!! Thank the Lord

Kiwi John 06-04-2019 14:39

Bloody daylight savings changes..dam confusing , but got up just as we equalise. Go Stanley

cashman 06-04-2019 14:40

Thank god clarkys back

andyd 06-04-2019 14:42

Penalty miss by Billy

cashman 06-04-2019 14:45

Penalty missed by Billy:eek:

Kiwi John 06-04-2019 14:46

Silly Billy

cashman 06-04-2019 14:48

Rochdale beating Sunderland at this point:eek:

cashman 06-04-2019 14:51

Half time 1-1 cmon reds we need this un.

Phil Whalley 06-04-2019 15:05

We need a midfield. Scotty already on a yellow, we're relying on long balls punted forward and creating very little from open play. Thing is, Dons look like they might be vulnerable if we have a go at them. I'd take a point now but there's a case for being strategically courageous against a side with such a poor home record.

andyd 06-04-2019 15:06

Smyth off Finlay on half time change

andyd 06-04-2019 15:18

Need to come away with at least a point Rochdale now drawing

cashman 06-04-2019 15:20

Did it make sense though to take off a striker?when they had 12 attempts to our 5?:confused:

AccyMad 06-04-2019 15:22

Other scores around us looking a bit better now - this is horrible, I feel physically sick!

Kiwi John 06-04-2019 15:39

Late winner please STANLEY

cashman 06-04-2019 15:51

5 mins added

andyd 06-04-2019 15:53

Rochdale losing

Kiwi John 06-04-2019 15:57

1 pt better a than big fat 0

andyd 06-04-2019 15:57

Good point all results going for us 2 home wins will do nicely need every one in full voice

cashman 06-04-2019 15:58

a point away is ok

Kiwi John 06-04-2019 15:59

The ref was a disgrace ...

AccyMad 06-04-2019 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1226687)

Most of them are :rolleyes:

Simpson 06-04-2019 16:16

Nothing to add, just wanted to get a post in before Mr T closes it down!
A case of Premature Cessation in the last few weeks ��

Now off to Windsor to meet old friends. If I bump into Meghan Markle I’ll ask if she fancies centre mid, we could do with some mobility and bite based on today. Still, I’d have taken a point.

StanleyJosh 06-04-2019 16:44

Conneely one of our best players on pitch.
Anyone going to argue that again after today?

cashman 06-04-2019 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1226694)

Probably at his level josh there was 2 div 2 level sides playing.

AccyNew 06-04-2019 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1226694)

I shall, Barlaser for me

ASFC1019 06-04-2019 16:59

Great point today. Battled well at a tough place to go (no matter what some might say). 2 big home games now.
Lots of negativity in the match comments from those who weren’t at the game I see. Just hope they turn up with positivity on Tuesday please!!!

StanleyJosh 06-04-2019 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyNew (Post 1226696)
I shall, Barlaser for me

Behave! For your own sanity I hope that’s a joke haha!

AccyMad 06-04-2019 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1226695)

Bit harsh Cashy, you can only play who's in front of you & if you're not there you can't really know enough about who played well to comment either way, just my opinion

StanleyJosh 06-04-2019 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1226695)

League 1 Cashy. Show both teams the respect they deserve.
Lazy comment that

AccyNew 06-04-2019 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1226698)
Behave! For your own sanity I hope that’s a joke haha!

Don’t mind Seamus thought he did ok today too, but footballing wise Dan is a better player and will play at a much higher level

StanleyJosh 06-04-2019 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyNew (Post 1226701)
Don’t mind Seamus thought he did ok today too, but footballing wise Dan is a better player and will play at a much higher level

Agreed, was referring more to today’s game.
Conneely one of our better players today.

Dan plays too deep for my liking. Silly free kick to give away on edge of area.

AccyNew 06-04-2019 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1226702)
Agreed, was referring more to today’s game.
Conneely one of our better players today.

Dan plays too deep for my liking. Silly free kick to give away on edge of area.

Would like to see him play further forward but we don’t know what he’s been instructed to do, was slightly bemused by the team selection today and I’m disappointed with a point however not had a impact just makes Tuesday nights game a even bigger one.

yonmon 06-04-2019 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1226659)
way i see it we aint got much at all in creative midfield, what bit we have is on the bench.:(

Any midfield whatsoever would be welcome !

Exile on Spencer St 06-04-2019 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1226687)

The fact you could see that from where you, KJ, just about sums up the ref’s performance!
However, that was an extremely nervy 95 minutes of football.
There was no Stanley MotM for me, but equally no-one who let the side down.
At times the goal mouth scrambles were like The Alamo and the Stanley players rarely looked comfortable, not least because Wimbledon closed them down quickly and in numbers.
I’m sure Wimbledon will feel they dropped two points whilst I reckon Stanley are mighty glad to come away with one.
Although Billy missed, I thought the penalty was a tad soft. It may have been compensation from the ref for booking Smyth earlier for diving when it looked more of a foul from the defender. Maybe the video will prove me wrong.
Wimbledon were generally quicker and stronger, and certainly bigger. Had to smile when Stanley were defending yet another free kick just outside the box and their “wall” consisted of Smyth, Clark, and Kee!
Over to the home fans now for the next two nerve-wracking instalments! I’m off to lie down in a darkened room.

cashman 06-04-2019 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1226700)
League 1 Cashy. Show both teams the respect they deserve.
Lazy comment that

i dont think so josh, i think and always have we will remain in league one, but the simple fact is neither us nor wimbledon will go any higher given our players, not asking anyone to like it but thats my opinion, not that i'm that bothered oer going higher, this is a great level for us imho.

StanleyJosh 06-04-2019 18:56

Just bumped into the Blackpool lads in services.
Doing best to abduct Nick Anderson and bring him back haha!

maccawozzagod 06-04-2019 19:00

Im quite proud of our League 1 club that has a league 2 team, plays in a Conference stadium in front of Conference North crowds on Unibond pitch and pays the third lowest wages in the EFL

improve all of them by 2 levels and we're in the Prem. Then I'm leaving

AccyNew 06-04-2019 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1226713)
Just bumped into the Blackpool lads in services.
Doing best to abduct Nick Anderson and bring him back haha!

Try harder :D, Havnt been the same team since his Departure and replaced with Donacien. Also think Ihiekwe was a massive loss, what I’d do for a back four of Johnson Sykes Ihiekwe Anderton.

Love Hughesy and he’s our only real leader but his legs have gone.

Twenty Eight 06-04-2019 19:46

Controversial comment coming up.
If Barlaser and Finlay had started in centre mid today we would have lost.
Conneely and Brown doing the dirty work.

Delighted to see Clark back and firing on all cylinders. The enforced lay off has helped no end with his injury.
How on earth he’s accumulated the yellow card tally I do not know.
I really want to see that “penalty” back again before saying anything but it looked nailed on to me.
We’re going to be fine.
I’m actually looking forward to midweek.

Exile on Spencer St 06-04-2019 20:16

I was wrong. Just seen the 47 seconds of “highlights” and it was certainly a penalty. Maybe the Wimbledon player figured he could get away with it twice.

Also agree with 28 (:eek:). Messrs Conneely and Brown turned out to be a good choice in a roughty-toughty game, and neither Finlay nor (briefly) Barlaser made that much impact.
But, at home, Stanley will need to be more creative in midfield.
For much of this game Stanley’s tactic comprised the back four passing the ball sideways across the pitch, with Wimbledon backing off until they slowly approached the half way line, only for a long ball to be then hoofed up for our ‘midget gems’ to try and win headers against much bigger defenders.

Twenty Eight 06-04-2019 21:05

I take your point Exile.
However we need one in midfield with a defensive mentality even at home. It would be wrong to go trigger happy against Rochdale.
I’d go three at the back.
Dimi
Sykes Hughes Ben
Johnson Finlay Conneeely McConville
Clark
Kee Smyth

Time to give Janoi a break.

cashman 06-04-2019 21:27

agree with giving janoi a break, for me he aint been anywhere near the player that went to ipswich.

Lord Love Rocket 06-04-2019 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1226719)
agree with giving janoi a break, for me he aint been anywhere near the player that went to ipswich.

Cashy, maybe he doesn't have a commitment as he knows he's going to be involved with Ipswich next season in league one, come what may

Chrisr 06-04-2019 22:36

I would suggest sousa should start up front for a few games. Billy on the bench and used as an impact sub. This will give him the time he needs to recover from the battering he gets every week. Smyth is quick but inexperienced, He wastes a lot of energy chasing fresh air. However I do think we will scrape through.

Lord Love Rocket 06-04-2019 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1226721)
I would suggest sousa should start up front for a few games. Billy on the bench and used as an impact sub. This will give him the time he needs to recover from the battering he gets every week. Smyth is quick but inexperienced, He wastes a lot of energy chasing fresh air. However I do think we will scrape through.

Sousa is a five aside player IMO

Reamer 06-04-2019 23:25

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1226706]The fact you could see that from where you, KJ, just about sums up the ref’s performance!
However, that was an extremely nervy 95 minutes of football.
There was no Stanley MotM for me, but equally no-one who let the side down.

I thought Sykes was the outstanding player for Stanley today and must be in contention for Young Player of the season, if not , with Finley a possible Player of Season. Tough game today. Nervy and twitchy for the last twenty minutes. Both sides are probably very happy with a point given other results at the bottom of L1. Tuesday v Rochdale is a must win.

monkey hanger 07-04-2019 07:31

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1226717
But, at home, Stanley will need to be more creative in midfield.
For much of this game Stanley’s tactic comprised the back four passing the ball sideways across the pitch, with Wimbledon backing off until they slowly approached the half way line, only for a long ball to be then hoofed up for our ‘midget gems’ to try and win headers against much bigger defenders.[/QUOTE]

so it was like every week. agree with a more creative mid fielder to start on tuesday night though. the sunderland game showed that we were better second half by getting on the front foot than being defensive like the first half.

cashman 07-04-2019 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket (Post 1226720)
Cashy, maybe he doesn't have a commitment as he knows he's going to be involved with Ipswich next season in league one, come what may

quite possibly but thats no excuse as far as i'm concerned.

andyd 07-04-2019 09:02

Rochdale on Tuesday will be a battle apparently they played quite well against Sunderland so the team selected has to be up for a fight tactics and guile go out the window at this stage alright a win would be nice but we could settle for a point just don't lose.

Twenty Eight 07-04-2019 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1226725)
quite possibly but thats no excuse as far as i'm concerned.

On the money mate.
Plus if that’s the case bench him.
Loanees allegedly not putting the effort in make my blood boil.
It happens all over the place not just Accy.
Said it before said it again too much reliance on the loan market leaves you open to this.
Anyone else think Barlaser has mysteriously lost form as end of season approaches ?
Probably because he’s an idea where he’ll be next season and it’s not with us.

AccyNew 07-04-2019 09:49

Think your right their 28, Dans form has dipped, still a great player by the way. However I’d pick Sam over Scotty for Tuesday night with Seamus sitting picking up the pieces. Not that Scotty did anything wrong. Same as Donacien at fault for two goals in the last two games wonder if there is something in his loan contract that means he has to play so many games there’s no way he should be starting over Johnson,offers Nothing going forward and hasn’t been the same defender who left us last season. Johnson back in to link up with Clark provide us a real threat down the right with them two with Rochdale being a must win. I’ve also been disappointed with Paul since the Sunderland game however he is the only real option up there with Billy with Zanzala seemingly way out of favour.

Think my Team for Tuesday:
Dimi
Johnson Sykes Hughes Richards-Everton
Clark Coneely Finley Mconville
Smyth Kee

Only one loanee :alright:

Revived Red 07-04-2019 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1226717)
For much of this game Stanley’s tactic comprised the back four passing the ball sideways across the pitch, with Wimbledon backing off until they slowly approached the half way line, only for a long ball to be then hoofed up for our ‘midget gems’ to try and win headers against much bigger defenders.

Exactly the same as against Fleetwood. And probably, as Monkey Hanger says, in other games that I have not attended.

We have become so very predictable.

andyd 07-04-2019 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyNew (Post 1226728)
Think your right their 28, Dans form has dipped, still a great player by the way. However I’d pick Sam over Scotty for Tuesday night with Seamus sitting picking up the pieces. Not that Scotty did anything wrong. Same as Donacien at fault for two goals in the last two games wonder if there is something in his loan contract that means he has to play so many games there’s no way he should be starting over Johnson,offers Nothing going forward and hasn’t been the same defender who left us last season. Johnson back in to link up with Clark provide us a real threat down the right with them two with Rochdale being a must win. I’ve also been disappointed with Paul since the Sunderland game however he is the only real option up there with Billy with Zanzala seemingly way out of favour.

Dimi
Smyth Kee

I,d try Sousa in for Smyth and keep Scott in for the start Finley good option off the bench no loanees.

Twenty Eight 07-04-2019 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyNew (Post 1226728)

Dimi
Smyth Kee

Earlier I put my team. Same 11 just a different formation.
You may have a valid point about the loan terms.
All will be revealed on Tuesday with Coleys line up.

Chimer 07-04-2019 11:53

I thought I'd gone to the Wimbledon match yesterday but obviously, given the criticism of Janoi in the last few posts, I must have got lost somewhere - in the game I did go to, a No 4 with Donacien written across his back provided the only significant attacking threat the team in red presented in the entire first 45 minutes, overlapping down the right.

Odd how people can see things completely differently …...

Twenty Eight 07-04-2019 12:23

It’s all about opinions mate.
I’m judging him for his defending.
What did you think to his positioning for their goal ?

Simpson 07-04-2019 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1226733)
It’s all about opinions mate.
I’m judging him for his defending.
What did you think to his positioning for their goal ?

Not great, but what did you think of our tracking of the actual goal scorer coming from midfield. Coneeley would have got the best view whilst laying on the floor with a token tackle.

Appreciate he’s family, but you’ve got more front than Blackpool in pushing his case for inclusion at the expense of others who have contributed significantly throughout the vast majority of the year.

4 points from our last 6 games, a repeat of that and we are down. Whilst yesterday was vital, I lost count of the number of goal line scrambles that we survived.

As you say, just opinions!

Twenty Eight 07-04-2019 13:02

If you read what I’ve put I’ve said he’s one of only two midfielders with a defensive gene.
That makes inclusion or exclusion tough.
We need a defensive midfielder.
I’ve no problems at all in saying that if we’d signed one or if Scotty was on the top of his game he wouldn’t be in.
Now in the case of Janoi there are other options - Johnson and Rodgers and on current form I think they are better options.
Both are our players as well not just marking time to return to a parent club.
Hope that makes my opinion clear and it is only that an opinion.

cashman 07-04-2019 13:35

Cannot comment on Janois performance yesterday but can comment on others i have witnessed since he returned, and he has been nothing at all like the lad who left us, and he was one of my favorite players, and i know quite a few others who think the same, if he did ok yesterday i sure hope that continues.

Simpson 07-04-2019 14:20

I’m sorry 28, we’ll just have to disagree. For what it’s worth I enjoy your posts and when I have need to check them out from those inside the club, they are mostly accurate, so please keep them coming even if your just enjoying the wind up.

That said, in this topic and others you seem to spend half your life championing Seamus’s defensive qualities in the aim to displace another midfielder. That’s fine but earlier in this thread you inferred Barlaser isn’t trying and yet when Seamus stinks the place out, it’s always an injury.

You then call Janoi out for a goal (don’t disagree) but you omit to provide a full picture. The goal is scored by a runner from midfield who wasn’t tracked by “our best defensive midfielder”. I thought that at the time and the highlights confirm same.

As I say I enjoy your insight, but your background will have taught you the power of what you don’t say and I don’t appreciate being “played” and how you try and shape debate for your own interested ends. No one else to my knowledge does that on here.

As for Seamus and his “injury” , both my dog and I have thought he’s looked good in full training when out on our walks the last few months. He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous.

As I say, happy to disagree and move on to prevent the thread being closed.

Twenty Eight 07-04-2019 15:48

Simpson,
Mate as long as you're consistent I have no problem but with respect I'm not alone with what has been said about loanees - Barlaser and Janoi in particular. Cashman has a view so does Accynew so does Lord Love Rocket so lets not see this as personal.
If you query Conneely has been injured you may wish to ask your insiders' about his treatment and injections.
How about we close it to prevent being told by others to do so.

Twenty Eight 07-04-2019 16:09

He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous.

I don't understand that comment at all Simpson. You've lost me.

yonmon 07-04-2019 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpson (Post 1226737)
I’m sorry 28, we’ll just have to disagree. For what it’s worth I enjoy your posts and when I have need to check them out from those inside the club, they are mostly accurate, so please keep them coming even if your just enjoying the wind up.

That said, in this topic and others you seem to spend half your life championing Seamus’s defensive qualities in the aim to displace another midfielder. That’s fine but earlier in this thread you inferred Barlaser isn’t trying and yet when Seamus stinks the place out, it’s always an injury.

You then call Janoi out for a goal (don’t disagree) but you omit to provide a full picture. The goal is scored by a runner from midfield who wasn’t tracked by “our best defensive midfielder”. I thought that at the time and the highlights confirm same.

As I say I enjoy your insight, but your background will have taught you the power of what you don’t say and I don’t appreciate being “played” and how you try and shape debate for your own interested ends. No one else to my knowledge does that on here.

As for Seamus and his “injury” , both my dog and I have thought he’s looked good in full training when out on our walks the last few months. He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous.

As I say, happy to disagree and move on to prevent the thread being closed.

Simpson !..
Everyone stating an opinion regarding the Captain on this forum is, as far as your protagonist is concerned, for obvious reasons going to find it received with some
feelings of suspicion , which one can read every now and again in his replies to posts containing some criticism of the weaknesses in this players lack of skill and leadership qualities.
We have all witnessed his style of play and formed and stated our opinions of this and hoped that users of the forum would accept our opinion, even if these are made with some personal motivation. Therefore, 28 is like you and I entitled to his opinion whether or not it makes any sense to the rest of us !.
This of course does not absolve the direct verbal sniping currently prevalent betwixt two of the Forum's users. This does nothing but belittle the perpetrators in the eyes of others, and I am always happy when our Moderator draws these embarrassing threads to a deserved conclusion !.
There !.. My Sunday afternoon rant is over.. The ire it contains probably motivated by knowing that a trip away means that Seat D51 will be vacant on Tuesday night and Mab will have to make twice as much noise to make up for this !.

KTF ! ON STANLEY ON !!.

Simpson 07-04-2019 17:43

Yonmon, given that I’m supposedly on the end of 28’s sniping, at no point do I feel sniped. Equally read my post and on several occasions I reinforce the accuracy of a lot of his posts and encourage him to continue. I doubt he would consider same, indeed sniping would appear to be in the eyes of the beholder and we are both direct but fair in my opinion.

My challenge was merely my perception of fairness and I believe both of us agreed to disagree and move on respectfully with playful and respectful parting digs which is what forums should be.

In my agreeing to move on
I was going to remind us of Grimsby away last season when Seamus came out of the side having genuinely battled with a groin. We went on a run of 10 games taking 25 points from 30 with nolan returning as a holder and a new loanee called Dunne moving us from a rapidly sinking 11th back to 2nd in the table (which included Seamus, nolan and Dunne v Coventry away and Swindon at home)

Seamus and Scotty then pushed us even higher to the title. My point being some loanees pushed us on to greatness.

If I had a choice, I’d agree with 28 and certainly not have 5, 6 or is 7 as we do. However there’s rent to be collected !

Twenty Eight 07-04-2019 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1226739)
He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous.

I don't understand that comment at all Simpson. You've lost me.

I’d still appreciate some explanation of this comment Simpson. I’m truly baffled.

maccawozzagod 07-04-2019 19:25

Conneelly getting dogged doesn't bother, few rated Procter until he left, and Joyce was never rated neither. Oh how we'd love a Prime Procter or Jubilant Joyce to return to our fold right now

mab 07-04-2019 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1226741)
Simpson !..
The ire it contains probably motivated by knowing that a trip away means that Seat D51 will be vacant on Tuesday night and Mab will have to make twice as much noise to make up for this !.

KTF ! ON STANLEY ON !!.

I'd only get in trouble Yonmon ;):D

mab 07-04-2019 23:28

What's happened to Liam Nolan or is he out on a limb;)

Exile on Spencer St 08-04-2019 09:16

Quite a few of us would like to know, Mab.
As far as I can glean he had 2 games on loan to Salford Moneybags FC but left them in January.

StanleyJosh 08-04-2019 10:03

Pretty dull game to be fair, thought Wimbledon could have slightly shaded it given the few chances they had although could argue the same for us with our missed penalty.

Seemed harsh to book Smyth for a dive, looked a clear cut penalty
Clickers was maybe more deserved although only saw it in real time (not seen a reply) - only judging this by the way he fell.

Thought everyone had an okay-ish average game.
Seamus made a few vital tackles deep inside his own half and also cleared one off the line. considering a few people like to groan at his sideways passing, I personally thought he switched play very well.
Big Ben had a better game than normal which was pleasing. A few good tackles and passes, also seemed better in the air than of late.
Janoi was just a bit slow releasing Clicker, especially in the final third. Could have sent him 1 on 1 with their keeper a few times but delayed his pass too long.

Pleased Clicker got his goal. I'm not his biggest fan but thought he played well and took his goal really well, good instinct and composure to slot it in.

Surprised that Callum was again rested, I would have played him instead of Janoi. Normally I would have argued that I would of played him instead of Big Ben and switched Janoi to LB but as I mentioned, was pleasantly happy by Ben's performance.

No complaints with Seamus and Scotty in the middle.
Harsh on Sam in the sense that I didn't think he contributed much but then he is not naturally a 2nd striker.
Baffled why we don't drop Sam deeper and player Barlaser further forward.

Dimi looked a bit shakey with a few crosses and his distribution was diabolical.
Still see him unquestionably as our 1st choice keeper however.

Roll on tomorrow night, let's be loud and proud.

For me, same 11 apart from Callum for Janoi.
4-2-1-3 and just let Clicker, Sean and Paul Smyth roam freely in front of Billy dropping deeper to hold the ball up and pinging through balls to them all game. Lovely jubbly.

Exile on Spencer St 08-04-2019 11:29

I’m a big fan of Clark but, from what I saw, I wasn’t surprised the ref didn’t give him a penalty in second half.
As I recall it, in a very congested six yard box Clark pushed the ball past the Womble defender (when a snap shot may have been as good an option) who stuck out his hip and Clark fell over it, a little too obviously. Probably would have been given in the PL, but not with that ref.

Twenty Eight 08-04-2019 20:45

"He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous"

I'm assuming that having been asked to explain including by PM you can't back that statement up or explain it.
Enough said Simpson.

yonmon 09-04-2019 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpson (Post 1226744)
Yonmon, given that I’m supposedly on the end of 28’s sniping, at no point do I feel sniped. Equally read my post and on several occasions I reinforce the accuracy of a lot of his posts and encourage him to continue. I doubt he would consider same, indeed sniping would appear to be in the eyes of the beholder and we are both direct but fair in my opinion.

My challenge was merely my perception of fairness and I believe both of us agreed to disagree and move on respectfully with playful and respectful parting digs which is what forums should be.

In my agreeing to move on
I was going to remind us of Grimsby away last season when Seamus came out of the side having genuinely battled with a groin. We went on a run of 10 games taking 25 points from 30 with nolan returning as a holder and a new loanee called Dunne moving us from a rapidly sinking 11th back to 2nd in the table (which included Seamus, nolan and Dunne v Coventry away and Swindon at home)

Seamus and Scotty then pushed us even higher to the title. My point being some loanees pushed us on to greatness.

If I had a choice, I’d agree with 28 and certainly not have 5, 6 or is 7 as we do. However there’s rent to be collected !

Simpson !..

The mention of ' sniping ' was not intended to relate to any posts on this particular thread,but rather to some entered on previous threads which resulted in our Moderator bringing them to a close !.
No criticism of anyone in particular was intended in my post, which I hoped would be seen and accepted as a general comment on the status quo of certain aspects of our Forum.
But I would be the first to admit that on this occasion, and, I might add on several occasions over the years, I have allowed my verbosity to take flight with alarming outcome amongst my friends who share my regard for this Forum...and this has often stimulated some interesting replies which kept the banter going !.
Hey !.. here I go again !!... ( Alfred.E. is telling me that enough is enough ! ).

Keep up the good work, and keep the faith.

ON STANLEY !...ON !!.

VALAIRIAN 09-04-2019 08:58

Keep on verbositating my good friend ;)

If you have any problems with it - verbositating that is - I can recommend some people who can help :D

:) :) :)

StanleyJosh 09-04-2019 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1226769)
I’m a big fan of Clark but, from what I saw, I wasn’t surprised the ref didn’t give him a penalty in second half.
As I recall it, in a very congested six yard box Clark pushed the ball past the Womble defender (when a snap shot may have been as good an option) who stuck out his hip and Clark fell over it, a little too obviously. Probably would have been given in the PL, but not with that ref.

Agree with this, although ironically, it was extremely similar to Burtons 2nd penalty that was given.