Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wycombe Wanderers (A) Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wycombe-wanderers-a-match-thread-70737.html)

DAV007 17-09-2019 04:08

Wycombe Wanderers (A) Match Thread

Wycombe started the season well, no shame losing away at a good Gillingham team on Saturday.

Watchdog 17-09-2019 05:15

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (A) Match Thread

Gareth Ainsworth always sets up his teams well. A win would be great but we shouldn't complain if a draw.

cashman 17-09-2019 09:02

always a decent game down yon.

Kiwi John 17-09-2019 17:53

Surely its only 'decent' if we win?

cashman 17-09-2019 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1231947)
Surely its only 'decent' if we win?

we usually do ok yon, but i take the view any away point is a good un.:)

VALAIRIAN 17-09-2019 18:08

Same team as, well same team as expected ;)

Accrington

1 Evtimov
2 Johnson
5 Sykes
3 Hughes
36 Opoku
28 Conneely
7 Clark
8 Finley
11 McConville
19 Bishop
32 Charles

Pritchard should be playing in my opinion??

:) :) :)

AccyMad 17-09-2019 18:15

Jacobsen & Akinfenwa on the bench for Wycombe, Paul Smyth nowhere to be seen

Think Mark Hughes could've done with a rest tbh but what do I know . . . .

cashman 17-09-2019 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1231952)
Jacobsen & Akinfenwa on the bench for Wycombe, Paul Smyth nowhere to be seen

Think Mark Hughes could've done with a rest tbh but what do I know . . . .

its common sense last 2 home games mark has cost us goals simple as.

cashman 17-09-2019 19:27

1-0 stanley Charles header think we deserved played ok so far.

AccyMad 17-09-2019 19:28

Get in!!! Good goal by young Dion :)

cashman 17-09-2019 19:54

Marks been booked hope they got sense to sub him pdq. opoku booked now looked accidental to me.

MikeA 17-09-2019 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1231958)
Mark's been booked hope they got sense to sub him pdq.

From Wycombe's Twitter, he was lucky it was only a yellow...

cashman 17-09-2019 20:06

was no short corners on sat already 2 crap uns tonight WHY?

MikeA 17-09-2019 20:07

62 mins: The Beast is on...

cashman 17-09-2019 20:17

1-1 penalty

AccyMad 17-09-2019 20:18

Damn it!!!

yonmon 17-09-2019 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1231962)
1-1 penalty

The Reds have been abysmal since half-time... no shape? Dead legs so obvious.
Open goal for McC... shunned !..

cashman 17-09-2019 20:23

another short ball out nearly costs us.

AccyMad 17-09-2019 20:52

Well,I'd have taken a draw before the game - disappointed they equalised through a dodgy penalty though but it sounded a fiesty game & at least we didn't get any more red cards. Night all :)

cashman 17-09-2019 20:53

good point well deserved all played well imho.

andyd 17-09-2019 20:54

Watched on i follow we were the better side for long periods bad tackle to give away the penalty some good performances Emitov did well left back excellent first half and Charles made a nuisance of himself all night, Mcconville missed a chance that normally he buries happy with a point disappointment with no clean sheet again but we should have had all 3 points onto Saturday let's get a run going.

choirboy 17-09-2019 20:57

Sounds like a good point in the end at Wycombe tonight!
Followed the match on Twitter and it was all Stanley in the first half.:)
Then all Wycombe in the second half:( but looks like our lads stood strong and shewed determination to earn the point.:theband:
Nine minutes extra played after the ninety!
:confused:
Hope Bishop is not badly injured!
ON STANLEY ON!
:theband::drink:

andyd 18-09-2019 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1231969)
Sounds like a good point in the end at Wycombe tonight!
Followed the match on Twitter and it was all Stanley in the first half.:)
Then all Wycombe in the second half:( but looks like our lads stood strong and shewed determination to earn the point.:theband:
Nine minutes extra played after the ninety!
:confused:
Hope Bishop is not badly injured!
ON STANLEY ON!
:theband::drink:

Colby could be out for a while according to John in his post match interview looks like our old goalie curse has moved to the striker position 3 injured now who plays Saturday Simpson?

monkey hanger 18-09-2019 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1231971)
Colby could be out for a while according to John in his post match interview looks like our old goalie curse has moved to the striker position 3 injured now who plays Saturday Simpson?

at least you can get round the problem of lack of outfield players in a certain position. even if we keep it really tight on saturday and play like the away team and then snatch a win would do.

Twenty Eight 18-09-2019 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1231968)
Watched on i follow we were the better side for long periods bad tackle to give away the penalty some good performances Emitov did well left back excellent first half and Charles made a nuisance of himself all night, Mcconville missed a chance that normally he buries happy with a point disappointment with no clean sheet again but we should have had all 3 points onto Saturday let's get a run going.

I sometimes wi fee if I’m seeing the same game. Bad tackle ? More like perfect tackle. He gets the ball clean as a whistle. Haven’t seen the video back but as I saw it you’ve only got to look which way the ball goes after the tackle.

Exile on Spencer St 18-09-2019 08:38

Can’t be many grounds that provide pre and half time entertainment with a flock of performing partridges. Superb display, swooping effortless from end of the pitch to the other, casually strolling, unmarked, down the pitch. But enough about the partridges’ performance.
Very gutsy show from Stanley and under real pressure in the second half. Thought Sean McMarmite summed up the ref’s performance very well - ‘indifferent’. In real time and from a distance I could see why the ref gave the penalty but, with VAR, I doubt it would have stood. I’ve seen circus acrobats spend more time on their feet than Wycombe’s No.11, and it was no surprise that his double roll with reverse twist, after diving over the captain’s outstretched leg, won the penalty.
Suspect some of the Wasps training manuals must still be in the Wycombe changing rooms as they were more than a little handy; more pushy pushy, particularly in the second half. However, to be fair to the ref (:eek:) he did catch up with that trick by the fourth time a Stanley player had been pushed in the back and off the pitch.
Thought Evtimov had a good game, very brave in crowded penalty areas. Back four were strong and Stanley solved the midfield problem by launching balls forward from the back for the Dynamic Duo (Messrs Charles and Bishop) to latch onto. This tactic seemed to leave little creative work for Conneely and Finlay to do but they were both effective in what they did defensively. Clark I thought had another good game, always willing to run at the defenders with the ball. Perhaps as might be expected after a rest, McConville, like the ref, had an indifferent game but only because we’ve all come to expect him to put away chances like he got late in the second half.
Bishop got crocked from a ‘clumsy’ :rolleyes: tackle from their No.5 (I think) right in front of the ref and it looked bad. Of course, no free kick. Hope the lad isn’t too seriously injured, but Man Mountain Simpson came on and did OK. He’s certainly a presence on the pitch and maybe he and ‘Prince’ Charles can build a good partnership.
All round good performance from the team.

andyd 18-09-2019 08:42

I said bad tackle he gets the ball yes but no need to tackle him the guy was running into a brick wall with clicker and Sykes there mistake refs see it different players go down penalty don't agree but challenges from behind in the box are risky still think we deserved all 3 points though.

monkey hanger 18-09-2019 09:16

didn,t go, have not seen the incident yet, but a tackle from behind makes it easy for the ref. as its nearly impossible not to make contact with an opponent by doing this.

Exile on Spencer St 18-09-2019 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1231980)
I said bad tackle he gets the ball yes but no need to tackle him the guy was running into a brick wall with clicker and Sykes there mistake refs see it different players go down penalty don't agree but challenges from behind in the box are risky still think we deserved all 3 points though.

(1) It wasn’t a tackle from behind. Conneely comes at the ball from the right, the Wycombe player from the left. Conneely is first to get his outstretched foot on the ball. The Wycombe player than falls forward over Conneely’s leg.
(2) I think the criticism would have been justified if Conneely hadn’t tried to get to the ball. A team captain thinking ‘no need to tackle, that’s someone else’s job’ wouldn’t deserve his place never mind the armband. It was an ‘indifferent’ decision from an indifferent referee.
Certainly on last night’s show there was little difference, other than their current league positions, between the two teams.

AccyMad 18-09-2019 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1231975)
I sometimes wi fee if I’m seeing the same game. Bad tackle ? More like perfect tackle. He gets the ball clean as a whistle. Haven’t seen the video back but as I saw it you’ve only got to look which way the ball goes after the tackle.

They showed it on sky sports news last night, never a penalty - Seamus got the ball, ref definitely got it wrong

cashman 18-09-2019 10:48

looked very dodgy to me but i aint the ref.

Chimer 18-09-2019 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1231990)
looked very dodgy to me but i aint the ref.

Never held you back before, Cashy - are you mellowing or something? :D

yonmon 18-09-2019 18:24

I like the old Lancashire expression ' under t'feet ', and as I watched the game on IFollow, and posted earlier, after half-time the Reds appeared to lose much of the decent shape they created earlier by surprisingly getting under each other's feet !. Two,and on one occasion three players going to play the same ball , losing it and leaving space for the Wycombe midfield and forward players to threaten the defence. Fortunately the entire Wycombe team did little to cash in on these situations due to them being poor !.
Perhaps, and I hope I'm right, this was a one off happening and will be sorted out before Saturday !.

ps.. Am I the only one to be totally disappointed with Sean McConville's performance at Wycombe ? .. perhaps the enforced rest didn't do him that good after all !.
( Sorry Accymad .. you know I am the very last person to criticise the lad !.)

VALAIRIAN 18-09-2019 19:07

He was instrumental in our goal my friend :)

Simpson 18-09-2019 19:09

Watched it on I follow, a good point in my view.
As for the pen, I take 28’s point in that he played the ball, but it’s not as if in doing so he emptied it into the next county, the ball moved a couple of feet in the line their player was travelling whilst Seamus’s leg was still at an angle that would defy a youngermans hamstring and open to run into and fall over.
We’d have screamed for it at home.

monkey hanger 19-09-2019 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1231989)
They showed it on sky sports news last night, never a penalty - Seamus got the ball, ref definitely got it wrong

brett huxstable was down to ref the game. if it was him then i,m not surprised by the decision as he,s one we have had issues with in the past.