Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Trotters Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/trotters-match-thread-70836.html)

mab 20-11-2019 22:26

Trotters Match Thread

Ref Watch :- Anthony Backhouse will referee Saturday's Sky Bet League One fixture between Accrington Stanley and Bolton at the Wham Stadium.

Backhouse, who will take charge of the game, has officiated 13 matches so far this season - issuing 44 yellow cards and one red.
His most recent outing was on November 11, when he was the man in the middle for Portsmouth's 2-1 victory over Harrogate Town in the first round of the FA Cup. The Cumbria official kept his cards in his pocket at the CNG Stadium.
Backhouse has never previously taken charge of Bolton, but last refereed an Accrington fixture as recently as March 30 when they lost 1-0 to Fleetwood Town in a League One encounter at the Wham Stadium. Five players entered the book that afternoon, including Stanley duo Janoi Donacien and Sean McConville.
Below is the full set of officials for Saturday's game between Accrington Stanley and Bolton:
Referee: Anthony Backhouse
Assistant Referees: Wade Smith and Matthew Parry
Fourth Official: Thomas Parsons

monkey hanger 21-11-2019 08:28

Re: Trotters Match Thread

hope backhouse is not injury prone.

Twenty Eight 21-11-2019 21:27

Callum Johnson out Alesi injured ...........

StanleyJosh 22-11-2019 07:23

thought Rodgers and Maguire played well against Rotherham, was pleasantly surprised.
hope we start 2 up front.

Evtimov
Rodgers, Hughes, Sykes, Opoku
Clicker, Seamus, Sam, Sean
Bishop, Charles.

monkey hanger 22-11-2019 08:23

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;
hope we start 2 up front.

not asking for much josh are you. you,ll be wanting stanley to score goals next.

mab 22-11-2019 20:56

:) https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...v-bolton-home/ :) https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...y-bolton-fans/ :) https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wi...nley-tomorrow/

andyd 23-11-2019 08:44

Evtimov
Rodgers Sykes Hughes Edwards
Clark Conneely Diallo Pritchard
Any 2 headless chickens upfront

chevyfire 23-11-2019 09:57

Can't wait for this today.
Slightly disappointed we haven't sold out the home end.
Atmosphere should be ace. Let's be the 12th man. Sing, clap, cheer the team home even if the game isn't going are way. Hope we can find the back of the net and then start getting some vital victories!
Andy Holt's Twitter post today is good regards derby day and it being best for both teams to stay up. Although i agree with the majority the weak punishment for the unfulfilled games doesn't help enforce the need for appropriate responsibility and governance in football.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

cashman 23-11-2019 10:15

Gotta get behind the lads today, or i fear our morale could really slip if we do not.

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 13:57

C'mon my STANLEY,..3 points on a silver tray today please.

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 14:04

&%#(^$*%#*(^$*(**(^*#%#&*%i$#&$%*u!@!&*!!!!!

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 14:08

Get back in bed, KiwiJohn.

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 14:11

Dam well should do...on the turps last night with an old friend I hadn't seen in 50 years.

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 14:15

The Bishop strikes !!! YOU BEAUTY !!!

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 14:17

Get up, KJ! :)

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 14:26

THE BISHOP AGAIN !!!!! love this game.

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 14:28

Get the whole family out of bed! :)

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 14:31

..the German Shepard's just came out to see what the fuss is all about...

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 14:33

Get the neighbours up too! :):)

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 14:33

3-1 . !!!!! contain urself boy..

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1233967)
Get the neighbours up too! :):)

...South African on one side-get him talking and its 'Bla bla rugby world cup bla bla..'

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1233969)
...South African on one side-get him talking and its 'Bla bla rugby world cup bla bla..'

No wonder you keep a German Shepherd ! :rolleyes:

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 14:58

Stanley need to come out in the second half like they are still one down. Don’t try and see out the game!

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 15:04

Agreed..its always 0-0.

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 15:11

Ho Hum . 4-1 . What a GREAAAAAT day ahead.

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 15:14

Just the job. Four attempts and then a goal in eight minutes!
Don’t sit back, lads.

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 15:33

5-1....heaven.

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 15:37

Man...just had a decent old earthquake 30 seconds ago-the happenings at the Wham are being felt here!! Golly that was a long one.

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 15:37

Well done, Prince Charles.
All we need now is for Ozzie to get on the score sheet!

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 15:38

6-1 plus the shake down here...WOW, what a thrill.

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 15:40

OMG! The Voodoo Gods of Football are mightily satisfied tonight! :):):):):):)

Lord Stiffupperlip 23-11-2019 15:42

Striker crisis?
What striker crisis?????

DaveinGermany 23-11-2019 15:45

Hello all! Been out & about all day just got back in checked the Al Beeb sports side 4-1, sat back shook my head & looked again 5-1, signed in here & Young KJ is bouncing about like a loon, dragging all his family out of bed & the Mutt too & shouting about 6-1 !!!!! :eek:

What the Kin'ell is going on??? :confused:

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 15:49

7 !!!! is this the first innings???

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 15:51

Earthquakes in NZ and Accy!
Fracking hell!

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 15:59

Whats gone wrong?- we ain't scored for 10 minutes...

ossy kid 23-11-2019 16:01

Settle down John lad, it's just a dream you'll waken up in a minute.

Chimer 23-11-2019 16:01

What the heck �� just happened?

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 16:03

Wonderful stuff you might men in red. You moved my earth.

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1233987)
What the heck �� just happened?

Dunno-but its right up there with good sex...:D

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2019 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1233989)

Let’s hope it’s not just once a season, then! :rolleyes:

cashman 23-11-2019 16:27

For me, best display all season, first time i recall starting 2 up front? ok playing 10 men helped, but it didn,t last 2 matches,could not call any player, a great team performance, thought the bolton fans in the new stand were disgraceful, we met some of those behind the goal after the game and they were good lads, also told wynonie he had slipped up badly with his score forecast.

DaveinGermany 23-11-2019 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1233989)

Is their any other kind? As long as you're dippin' yer bread that's definitely good in my book! :D

andyd 23-11-2019 16:40

Well didn't see that coming Bolton very poor but take nothing away from the lads everyone of them played well today especially like Rodgers back to his old self to me a better defender than Johnson, but we played well all over the park let's hope the confidence boost this gives propels us up the table.

chevyfire 23-11-2019 16:55

early sending off change game. From the Clayton end I was surprised we got but there was a clear pull back that denied a goalscoring opportunity.
From then on a excellent team performance. Being picky we should have had a couple of extra goals first half but in reality we punished Bolton really well. Bearing in mind we won 7-1 the team looked good on paper and balanced on the pitch.
Enjoyed hearing the happy hour track at the end of the game!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Kiwi John 23-11-2019 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1233996)
Is their any other kind? As long as you're dippin' yer bread that's definitely good in my book! :D

Is that thought got any
connection to your avatar??? :)

ferret man 23-11-2019 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1233997)
Well didn't see that coming Bolton very poor but take nothing away from the lads everyone of them played well today especially like Rodgers back to his old self to me a better defender than Johnson, but we played well all over the park let's hope the confidence boost this gives propels us up the table.

Even the headless chicks dun good

DaveinGermany 23-11-2019 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1234004)
Is that thought got any
connection to your avatar??? :)

Possibly! :D

ASFC1019 23-11-2019 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233995)
For me, best display all season, first time i recall starting 2 up front? ok playing 10 men helped, but it didn,t last 2 matches,could not call any player, a great team performance, thought the bolton fans in the new stand were disgraceful, we met some of those behind the goal after the game and they were good lads, also told wynonie he had slipped up badly with his score forecast.

Seen as you wanted to make a smart arse comment about 2 up front, thought I’d correct your statement. Today was the 15th league game so far this season we have played 2 up front.

Watchdog 23-11-2019 19:05

Really enjoyed the game, atmosphere and most importantly the result today. Forget any comments about Bolton having 10 men for part of the game, you can only play against what's put in front of you. Fantastic, well done the mighty Reds

andyd 23-11-2019 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1234007)
Even the headless chicks dun good

I will pick them both every week if that's the end result.

cashman 23-11-2019 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASFC1019 (Post 1234010)
Seen as you wanted to make a smart arse comment about 2 up front, thought I’d correct your statement. Today was the 15th league game so far this season we have played 2 up front.

Hows this for smart arse,thats utter crap anyone who watches will be aware of that.

cashman 23-11-2019 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASFC1019 (Post 1234010)

Also Smart arse if you had read the thread posts 4@5 mentioned it before i did, so go boil yer head.or is reading a bit difficult for you?

VALAIRIAN 24-11-2019 08:36

How can this thread be so quiet???

Just scored our biggest ever win???

Still, better than people moaning :)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 24-11-2019 08:39

With the exception of the fullbacks, about the best team we could have picked/played yesterday :)

Really pleased with the performance - regardless of the score - as there was a fight about the lads :)

Macca, Sam, Seamus to name but 3, did not stop running and fighting for every ball, also, thought Harvey was back to his pre-Fleetwood self!! :)

:) :) :>)

ferret man 24-11-2019 08:42

[QUOTE=andyd;1234016]I will pick them both every week if that's the end r
esult.

shame your not picking the team Andy

yonmon 24-11-2019 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1234035)
With the exception of the fullbacks, about the best team we could have picked/played yesterday :)

Really pleased with the performance - regardless of the score - as there was a fight about the lads :)

Macca, Sam, Seamus to name but 3, did not stop running and fighting for every ball, also, thought Harvey was back to his pre-Fleetwood self!! :)

:) :) :>)

But as we said before the match Joe, a win was imperative yesterday!.. ' Last Chance Saloon ' for one or two at The Crown ( aka ' Wham ' !) possibly beckoning from just around the corner !.

But we both had a good afternoon out.. and with that Team and Manager it looks like Bolton are really Wandering !..
Towards the state of oblivion known as The Conference !. 😉

STAY COOL !!.

Jimmy Clitheroe 24-11-2019 10:53

Lost any respect and sympathy for Bolton with their dreadful fans. Can we have Bury back and kick out that lot instead ?

AccyMad 24-11-2019 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1234034)

Maybe cos some of us are suffering a bit after the celebrations in the clubhouse :)

pifco 24-11-2019 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1234034)

I have had to wait to comment on the match until I read the result in the paper for when I woke up this morning I wondered whether I had had a senior moment and dreamt the entire match. But no I had actually seen it happen. Early in the match, when we missed two or three sitters and gave a really sloppy goal away, I thought Oh no here we go again but the response of the lads to the goal was fantastic and the atmosphere in the Clayton End was back to its best. Yes there were some passes that went astray but the lads went after the ball with real enthusiasam. Let's hope we can repeat the performance in the leasing.com cup match.

cashman 24-11-2019 13:57

Pifco think many thought the same as you.:)

Outback Ozzy 24-11-2019 14:48

Well no9w for my 2 'penneth. Did Wynonie slip some of his pills into the tea pot in the changing room? I have seen Stanley struggle against 10 men previously, but not yesterday. We made a team of men look like boys! In fact, we have scored more goals against Bolton than any other team in League 1, even those that played the youth teams and were winning 5-0 or 5-1. OK we played 10 men for 75 minutes, but the heart and passion was there for all to see. Personally, I would have given man of the match to Colby Bishop for his no stop running and annoying the defenders, but can't complain after that result, maybe the whole team and subs bench and management should have been given man of the match, but at least we were 'Team of the week' on Quest in the highlights show. Well done to all and to the idiots from Bolton, you have done your team a great disservice. Throwing coins and bottles and flares is not clever, as for running on to the pitch, well you won't be going to a Bolton match for some time. It is about time bigger teams in this league realised, we are not tinpot, we are loud and proud of our Accrington Stanley.

Revived Red 24-11-2019 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1234051)
the heart and passion was there for all to see.

Agree 100%

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1234051)
Personally, I would have given man of the match to Colby Bishop for his no stop running and annoying the defenders,

Again, agree 100%.

And I also agree with the critical comments about some of the idiots pretending to be Bolton supporters.

ferret man 24-11-2019 20:07

Think the E F L are looking into one of our sub's and want to know who we played as ozzy.

ossy kid 24-11-2019 20:35

Brilliant win, must have been a real tonic for those who were there let's hope the lads get confidence from their great show.
As a side comment, I play over 60s footy here in B.C. and this morning after the game we were all enjoying a beer with the opposition and I had to comment about Stanley's win and the opposition all started to laugh, one of their players was a Bolton fan, I thanks him and bought him a beer.

MikeA 25-11-2019 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1234059)
Brilliant win, must have been a real tonic for those who were there let's hope the lads get confidence from their great show.
As a side comment, I play over 60s footy here in B.C. and this morning after the game we were all enjoying a beer with the opposition and I had to comment about Stanley's win and the opposition all started to laugh, one of their players was a Bolton fan, I thanks him and bought him a beer.

Have you arranged to buy another next week? :)

anmc 25-11-2019 11:40

I saw the paramedics treating someone on the Clayton end on Saturday. Hope the person was OK.

ossy kid 25-11-2019 15:34

If it would guarantee another 7-1 Mike I would buy the whole bleeding brewery?? well maybe not but a six pack for sure.

pifco 25-11-2019 18:25

If it was before the match start anmc someone was hit by the ball when the lads were shooting in it could have been them who you saw being treated.

anmc 26-11-2019 06:40

Yes it was before the game, I was just hoping they were OK

Mr T 26-11-2019 08:12

All the 3 people who had injuries on the day and were treated by the ASFC medical team were patched up and continued to watch the game:)

monkey hanger 26-11-2019 08:19

keith hill stated earlier in the week that he could not care less about other division 1 teams. hope the words accrington stanley will give him a few sleepless nights.

MikeA 13-12-2019 15:48

From a different perspective:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lbm8uGij2o

Good filming of the first-half goals.