Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Window (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/window-70854.html)

monkey hanger 29-01-2020 10:09

Re: Window

good luck billy in your life away from the game and you can gain complete happiness and renewed good health. if you read this you made a couple of thousand accrington fans regularly happy.

cashman 29-01-2020 10:33

Best wishes Billy hope yer soon ok.

Twenty Eight 30-01-2020 18:24

tick tock as the story goes. I look down the list of transfers and loans in the lower leagues and we;re nowhere. Not even departing. Not even a rumour. Unless some crumbs fall from the table tomorrow I guess that's it.
Saddle up for a bumpy ride to May.

cashman 30-01-2020 19:30

if thats the case its no big deal to stanley fans we are well used to them.

Mr T 30-01-2020 19:39

As always

Keep the Faith;

King Coley is asking good questions!:)

andyd 31-01-2020 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1236529)
tick tock as the story goes. I look down the list of transfers and loans in the lower leagues and we;re nowhere. Not even departing. Not even a rumour. Unless some crumbs fall from the table tomorrow I guess that's it.
Saddle up for a bumpy ride to May.

Rumours about Wolves young striker on loan but it's also rumoured 3 clubs are looking at him.

andyd 31-01-2020 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1236546)
Rumours about Wolves young striker on loan but it's also rumoured 3 clubs are looking at him.

According to this mornings football insider he is signing for us and he is travelling up so hopefully true big powerful striker let you guess his name.

accybeme 31-01-2020 07:23

Ashley-Seal according to fi

cashman 31-01-2020 11:00

this young lad from wolves will be a good addition i reckon if we get him, looks very likely we will imho.

Twenty Eight 31-01-2020 11:57

And if we do no messing about throw him in the starting 11.

cashman 31-01-2020 12:24

i certainly would, if the lad played a premiership match against Man U. and wolves are a decent side, even if he wasnt ready, must be better than we have got at the moment imho.

Tommy McQueen 31-01-2020 14:09

Don’t forget Bobby Grant returns

cashman 31-01-2020 14:14

not a bad signing in view of our position.

AccyMad 31-01-2020 14:54

Welcome back Bobby! Couldn't have got a better fit to fill in for Sean till he's fit again :)

VALAIRIAN 31-01-2020 14:55

Well, let us not forget, this is what Coley does and has done for years......

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...rn-to-stanley/

Just hope this pays off :)

yonmon 31-01-2020 16:18

Wolves striker Benny Ashley-Seal has joined Accrington Stanley on loan for the remainder of the season
The striker made his full debut for Wolves in their FA Cup third round tie against Manchester United and has scored 20 goals in 37 games for the Under-23s.

Stanley manager John Coleman said: "Benny is someone who has been on our radar since the start of the window.

"He's someone who'll add some firepower and hopefully he will get the fans on the edge of their seats.

"He'll also give a lift to everyone else in the group."

The move is subject to EFL and FA ratification, with Ashley-Seal not available for tomorrow's home game .

Good news from t'Telegraph... for once !

Of course regarding the last paragraph, the LT have been known to err a little in the past !.
Fingers crossed ?

����

andyd 31-01-2020 16:36

2 possibly if they come off excellent signings we all know what Bobby's about if he can it form, Benny is very highly rated Championship clubs wanted him on loan let's just hope he it's the ground running although unfortunately neither available for tomorrow so I,m taking my shooting boots along.

andyd 31-01-2020 17:12

Don't forget after the window closes we can still sign free agents or players from the National league some decent frees emerged today after mutual leaving of their clubs, Alan Sheenan and Rakish Bingham 2 decent players.

cashman 31-01-2020 17:33

Can someone explain to me why Bobby cant play tomorrow? this international clearance is crazy, he started as a young lad with us, ok he is playing now for a welsh club, but Wrexham play in the football league,when they are in it.so why the hell does the guy need international clearance?

Mr T 31-01-2020 18:14

We can't sign players from the NL after 11pm tonight.

Cashy and all;

For a player to be "eligiable" to play on a contract or a standard loan, the paperwork must be in the "system" before 12 noon the day prior to the fixture. We only started talking about this deal around 11-30am today and even Wrexham only "found" Bobby around 1pm to start the paperwork.

Any Welsh club taking an English player ( and T'other way around) the paperwork also needs to go via FIFA. Madness but as far as FIFA are concerned we are 2 different countries!!

cashman 31-01-2020 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1236598)
We can't sign players from the NL after 11pm tonight.

Cashy and all;

For a player to be "eligiable" to play on a contract or a standard loan, the paperwork must be in the "system" before 12 noon the day prior to the fixture. We only started talking about this deal around 11-30am today and even Wrexham only "found" Bobby around 1pm to start the paperwork.

Any Welsh club taking an English player ( and T'other way around) the paperwork also needs to go via FIFA. Madness but as far as FIFA are concerned we are 2 different countries!!

thats exactly whats crazy to me. we are all great britain.

Exile on Spencer St 31-01-2020 20:04

Neither of the new signings available tomorrow, so let’s hope the selected strikers can show Professor Coleman what they can do. For Sir William Rodney’s sake, let’s get shots on target and some goals.

Mr T 31-01-2020 21:09

Billy Rodney is still our no 29;

Image him entering the hollowed turf at 90 +3 for the final time!!

Lord Didsbury 31-01-2020 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1236599)
thats exactly whats crazy to me. we are all great britain.

Not in football. Different international teams, different leagues.

chevyfire 01-02-2020 07:02

Pleased with are business yesterday. Bobby grant has creative spark we are missing without mcconville. Hopefully the new striker has a better chance conversion rate that the present crop. (The next Jermaine Defoe would be nice!)

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

VALAIRIAN 01-02-2020 07:08

Just hope these additions assist - not hinder - our own lads development.... :)

:) :) :)

Exile on Spencer St 01-02-2020 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1236621)
Just hope these additions assist - not hinder - our own lads development.... :) :) :) :)

Training and playing with better players ought not to hinder development; maybe extend their learning period a little, though, before they get their chance.

cashman 01-02-2020 08:53

Quote:

balls when has that ever happened? i certsainly cant recall.

VALAIRIAN 01-02-2020 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1236626)
Training and playing with better players ought not to hinder development; maybe extend their learning period a little, though, before they get their chance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1236629)
balls when has that ever happened? i certsainly cant recall.

Gents, I mean, I hope Colby and Dion still get on the pitch :)

Agree that training with them should help :)

Twenty Eight 01-02-2020 09:28

Well I hope this is just a rumour but I've heard Mr Seal is injured .......... if he is hope its minor.

Twenty Eight 01-02-2020 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1236630)
Gents, I mean, I hope Colby and Dion still get on the pitch :)

Agree that training with them should help :)

Parent clubs will look closely at any loans when several clubs are interested. I don't think Wolves want him with us for a sight seeing tour. He surely has to play to start with ?

Exile on Spencer St 01-02-2020 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1236630)
Gents, I mean, I hope Colby and Dion still get on the pitch :). Agree that training with them should help :) :) :) :)

I agree with you, that’s why I made the earlier post about showing what they’ve got today. Both Bishop and Charles are good young prospects, I just hope, with another striker in the mix, they can push each other to deliver the goods.:)

VALAIRIAN 01-02-2020 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1236633)
I agree with you, that’s why I made the earlier post about showing what they’ve got today. Both Bishop and Charles are good young prospects, I just hope, with another striker in the mix, they can push each other to deliver the goods.:)

Me too :)

Exile on Spencer St 01-02-2020 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1236637)
Me too :)

Read all about it...AGREEMENT BREAKS OUT ON ACCYWEB SHOCK! ;)

andyd 01-02-2020 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1236631)
Well I hope this is just a rumour but I've heard Mr Seal is injured .......... if he is hope its minor.

Surely he had a medical assessment before signing.

VALAIRIAN 23-02-2020 12:47

Quote:

So, not being negative, but, watching Colby come from the bench and be more dangerous than Benny, this was what I was referring to :)

Granted, the lad is new, young and in-experienced, but I cannot understand why he is staring ahead of Colby :confused:

Colby looks fit and has made a difference when coming on!!

Colby needs to start, do his stuff, then let Benny come on with 20 to go, fresh against tired/booked defenders, just my thoughts :)

cashman 23-02-2020 13:08

agree entirely.

choirboy 23-02-2020 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1237495)
So, not being negative, but, watching Colby come from the bench and be more dangerous than Benny, this was what I was referring to :)

Granted, the lad is new, young and in-experienced, but I cannot understand why he is staring ahead of Colby :confused:

Colby looks fit and has made a difference when coming on!!

Colby needs to start, do his stuff, then let Benny come on with 20 to go, fresh against tired/booked defenders, just my thoughts :)

I agree too!:hehetable

accybeme 23-02-2020 14:10

I see your point of view but for jc it's not allways easy discision to just play your strongest team, he knows that we need to be able to attract promising loan players and what clubs are going to loan them to us if we don't give them game time

cashman 23-02-2020 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1237499)
I see your point of view but for jc it's not allways easy discision to just play your strongest team, he knows that we need to be able to attract promising loan players and what clubs are going to loan them to us if we don't give them game time

surely if he comes on with 20-25 mins to go thats good game time?

accybeme 23-02-2020 14:49

it may be reasonable to us but were not the ones responsible for loaning these players out

Twenty Eight 23-02-2020 14:49

Sometimes parent clubs can put pressure on to guarantee game time. Not saying that's the case here, just a thought.

monkey hanger 24-02-2020 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1237499)
we need to be able to attract promising loan players and what clubs are going to loan them to us if we don't give them game time

in the past we have brought in players on loan who never seem to have got a kick for us but we kept em till their loan period was up. remember a striker from hull who for me was better than what we had at the time being one of those.

StanleyJosh 24-02-2020 08:29

Risk is what has happened with Connor Simpson.
Only Preston could terminate loan, we didn't want him to stay in January...
They left it to us to find him another club....

andyd 24-02-2020 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1237519)
Risk is what has happened with Connor Simpson.
Only Preston could terminate loan, we didn't want him to stay in January...
They left it to us to find him another club....

If only we could find one for Zanzala.

monkey hanger 24-02-2020 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1237522)
If only we could find one for Zanzala.

try stevenage to finish em off.