Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   fleetwood v stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/fleetwood-v-stanley-70893.html)

Exile on Spencer St 07-01-2020 20:56

Re: fleetwood v stanley

Have they got German passports? Brilliant result, was glum ten minutes ago but you can ‘t keep Stanley down. :)

choirboy 07-01-2020 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1235430)
stanleys won converted all 5

BRILLIANT FINISH...WELL DONE STANLEY!:jimbo::jimbo::jimbo::jimbo::jimbo:

ON WE GO...ON WE GO....ON WE GO!!!
:s_gupjump:rose8:

AccyMad 07-01-2020 21:02

It's no secret that I don't think much of this competition but just so happy to beat Joey Barton's Fleetwood in any circumstances - well played lads :)

yonmon 07-01-2020 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1235423)
Sousa done much since he came on?

Played a couple of his well known Marches ??..

Sorry Dav !.. Happy New Year to you as the Reds March on !. :thankya::alright:

chevyfire 07-01-2020 21:37

Well what a finale, first half Fleetwood applied most of the pressure, Pritchard took his goal very well with are only real chance. Second half was initially more of the same. The cod army controlled the midfield and not much was sticking upfront for us. Fleetwood's second goal was a well taken free kick. We gambled with 10 mins to go throwing Sykes upfront and it worked. We created a few situations, road are look when a Harvey Rodgers slip let them clean thru.
Sykes took his goal well and so nearly won it when a Sousa shot hit the underside of the bar.
Well taken penalties and we are into the last 8.
Some unfriendly Fleetwood youth where upset and smashed our coach window. Referee seemed to give most 50/50's Fleetwood's way.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

MikeA 07-01-2020 21:51

Fantastic result. The draw for the next round is live on TalkSport 'from' 12:15 on Thursday.

Possible opponents are:
Exeter, Newport, Salford, Leicester U21, Portsmouth, Bristol City or Stevenage, Scunthorpe or Manchester City U21.

The two remaining matches are tomorrow night.

I didn't realise TalkSport was free. Details are at:
https://talksport.com/radio-how-to-listen/

Apparently, tonight's Walsall v Portsmouth match was live on TalkSport2

Kiwi John 08-01-2020 02:59

I bet we get Salford-away.
...and well done you good buggers in red.

Blackspider 08-01-2020 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1235436)
Happy New Year to you as the Reds March on !. :thankya::alright:

The Reds March on!!!

andyd 08-01-2020 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyfire (Post 1235437)
Well what a finale, first half Fleetwood applied most of the pressure, Pritchard took his goal very well with are only real chance. Second half was initially more of the same. The cod army controlled the midfield and not much was sticking upfront for us. Fleetwood's second goal was a well taken free kick. We gambled with 10 mins to go throwing Sykes upfront and it worked. We created a few situations, road are look when a Harvey Rodgers slip let them clean thru.
Sykes took his goal well and so nearly won it when a Sousa shot hit the underside of the bar.
Well taken penalties and we are into the last 8.
Some unfriendly Fleetwood youth where upset and smashed our coach window. Referee seemed to give most 50/50's Fleetwood's way.

Becoming a bit of a nuisance these Fleetwood scum could really hurt someone doing a coach window hope the perpetrators are caught and dealt with.

Chimer 08-01-2020 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1235438)
Fantastic result. The draw for the next round is live on TalkSport 'from' 12:15 on Thursday.

Possible opponents are:
Exeter, Newport, Salford, Leicester U21, Portsmouth, Bristol City or Stevenage, Scunthorpe or Manchester City U21.

The two remaining matches are tomorrow night.

Doesn't this one stay regionalised until the final? I'm sure I've heard talk of Northern and Southern finals in previous years.

And if you draw an U-21 side, does that mean you play at home regardless of whether you come out of the hat first or second? I note all the U-21s play away in this round …...

andyd 08-01-2020 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1235451)
Doesn't this one stay regionalised until the final? I'm sure I've heard talk of Northern and Southern finals in previous years.

And if you draw an U-21 side, does that mean you play at home regardless of whether you come out of the hat first or second? I note all the U-21s play away in this round …...

No not regonalized now open draw not sure about under 21,s .

LongLostSon 08-01-2020 10:26

hope we don't get Bristol ROVERS in next round, or Mike - your pos opponent post might be the basis of their dressing room team talk that night:D:D:D

MikeA 08-01-2020 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1235451)

I think you're right about earlier years, Chris but the current rules for the quarter finals, from https://www.efl.com/leasingcomtrophy...etition/rules/ are:
5.1.4 Quarter Finals.

(i) The eight winners from the Round of 16 will contest the quarter-finals.
(ii) Quarter-final pairings are determined by means of an unseeded draw. There will be no regionalisation of the draw.
(iii) The Club drawn first is the Home Club.
(iv) Matches will be of ninety minutes duration, with no extra time. If the scores are level then the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.
It's only in the group stages that U21 teams play away. A number of them were drawn at home in round 2 this season and in the previous season.

MikeA 08-01-2020 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1235453)
hope we don't get Bristol ROVERS in next round, or Mike - your pos opponent post might be the basis of their dressing room team talk that night:D:D:D

Sorry, yes it's Bristol Rovers, not City, who play Stevenage tonight.

chevyfire 08-01-2020 17:50

A few comments on player performances, bursik - a bit in steddy at times dropping crosses and fumbling but some good saves also.
Pritchard worked hard and was are brightest player.
Dion looking back held the ball up well for goal despite the feeling not much was sticking up top.
On top of the gamble of sticking Sykes upfront last 10 mins. Putting on calvalho and Sousa had a positive effect.