Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Peterborough thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/peterborough-thread-71314.html)

cashman 12-09-2020 13:27

Peterborough thread.

looks a decent starting 11 to me.

accytom18 12-09-2020 13:49

Re: Peterborough thread.

Definitely cashy just hope we defend well Peterborough always dangerous. Look forward to a Seeing Uwakwe Against them.

andyd 12-09-2020 13:51

Pre match music sucks who picks that trash hope the game is better than that.

cashman 12-09-2020 13:51

think our defence looks a bit better this season imho. hope im right,

AccyMad 12-09-2020 13:58

I'm just a tad worried about young Toby starting, the defence are going to have to protect him as much as possible - that said, COYR!!!!

andyd 12-09-2020 14:46

1-0 Charles thunderbolt

andyd 12-09-2020 14:54

Very nervous 35+ minutes both sides till we it the post game opened up but I think we deserve our lead haven't let pre season favourites overaw us both wing backs excellent so far crossing quickly, front two pacey and starting to pose questions.

andyd 12-09-2020 14:55

Music still crap though must be me age.

cashman 12-09-2020 14:58

Half time 1-0 a cracking goal from Charles.:) music is worse than crap its diabolical.

andyd 12-09-2020 15:42

2-0 what a signing Uwakawe

ferret man 12-09-2020 15:48

****ing I FOLLOW

Exile on Spencer St 12-09-2020 16:01

Great performance from Stanley. After a cagey first 25 minutes, things only improved after Butcher hit the post. Two cracking goals. Well done lads.

choirboy 12-09-2020 16:04

What an excellent start for the Stanley. Scored two excellent goals and although Peterborough had a lot of possession Stanley kept a good defensive shape across the back and across midfield. Uwakwe did some sterling defensive work at ‘left back’ for much of the second half. I really like the look of this group of players. Getting into the good habit of scoring clinical goals and the habit of keeping a clean sheet. Well done the Stanley boys!:mosher::jimbo::mosher:
ON STANLEY ON:jimbo::wave8:
COME ON YOU REDS
:theband::signbeer::drink:

Chewbacca 12-09-2020 16:05

Uwakawe looks like he could play a few levels above like Gus Wilson used to and ended up doing.

Prichard very assured on the other side, good things happened when he got the ball.

Anybodies game but we took our chances. ifollow is pretty poor with the one camera and Clayton end looking a mile away for one of the corners.

Watchdog 12-09-2020 16:10

Really enjoyed that. What a great opening day result against possible promotion contenders and we played some good stuff at times.

LongLostSon 12-09-2020 16:11

Chuffed ! - and Colby got some game time.

AccyMad 12-09-2020 16:17

Great result & well deserved - well chuffed :)

Haggis316 12-09-2020 16:35

First game on Ifollow. Won't be my last. Hit the post and two excellent goals.

StanleyJosh 12-09-2020 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244508)
Pre match music sucks who picks that trash hope the game is better than that.

Cheers Andy, can’t please everyone. Any suggestions for next game?

cashman 12-09-2020 16:57

have to say that defence is best ive seen up stanley and attack aint bad either.

football19 12-09-2020 17:02

Great game and we kept our discipline and shape.
Think they missed the forward who they sold to Brentford,but who cares,three points in bag

Chimer 12-09-2020 17:03

Wot you all said :D:D:D

:dancedog::dancedog::dancedog::dancedog:

cashman 12-09-2020 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1244529)
Great game and we kept our discipline and shape.
Think they missed the forward who they sold to Brentford,but who cares,three points in bag

yeh but we lost Clarky. and by the way we are joint top. lol

Tom D 12-09-2020 17:15

Like the new system, has improved with each game. We seemed to get our centre midfield more involved. I think we had become a bit stale and one dimensional with the previous style of play, and it felt like we played in the oppositions half a lot more.

Butcher looks assured. Dion has improved. Uwakwe looks a cut above everyone else on the pitch.

Bring on Burton!

cashman 12-09-2020 17:27

have to agree with TomD, this side gets a few more games under its belt,i think it will take some beating.

Kiwi John 12-09-2020 19:02

%#&*%*n brilliant!!! Well done indeed you men in red.

Div3North 12-09-2020 20:43

Just seen the goals ....... class! :D

chevyfire 12-09-2020 21:01

Watched on my phone. Gutted to have not been there. There would have scenes in the Clayton end after those goals!
Really positive performance, gave me dreams for the season ahead. We looked solid and far more ready for league one than previous seasons. We are physically bigger this year. Not to get to carried away after first few games but enjoying the winning feeling.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Tom D 12-09-2020 21:06

Also of interest (and not taking anything away from a very good performance today by Stanley) - Peterborough effectively were missing 4 players today through COVID (2 positive tests, 2 in quarantine for next 2 weeks as they live with one of the players who is positive)

I really hope Stanley take note, and emphasise to all the staff how important it is to stay safe. Both in terms of everyone's health, and potentially having multiple players out for weeks at a time.

choirboy 12-09-2020 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1244527)

Ralph Vaughan Williams.... The Lark Ascending please!:jimbo:

andyd 12-09-2020 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1244527)

Some Northern soul bit of Tamla Motown some David Bowie Roxy Music anything from the 70,s but your doing a sterling job like you say can't please everyone, on to the game very pleased with the performance midfield miles better already than last season early days but have to be pleased beating that lot. Reduced them to limited chances Butcher grew into the game Conneelly grafted, Sangare looking the part front 2 worked their socks off all 11 players did well plus the subs.

MikeA 13-09-2020 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1244543)
Ralph Vaughan Williams.... The Lark Ascending please!:jimbo:

Were you just watching Nicola Benedetti?

monkey hanger 13-09-2020 07:15

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1244520 ifollow is pretty poor with the one camera and Clayton end looking a mile away for one of the corners.[/QUOTE]

i acyually enjoyed the coverage and much prefer dan and sean to some of the crap you hear on normal tv. not a big sports watcher on tele but it was better than i expected to be honest. watched the stocksbridge v stalybridge cup game earlier and the constant references to jamie vardy was what you,d expect from the BBC. doubt anyone bothering to watch a game like that knew vardy started his adult football at stocksbridge.

monkey hanger 13-09-2020 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244528)
have to say that defence is best ive seen up stanley and attack aint bad either.

plus 2 memorable goals to win the game. pity we were not all there to see it live as i tmagine the match would have been even more exciting. a stanley victory with no passengers in the side plus coley making subs before the opposition. is this the start of a new revolution.

choirboy 13-09-2020 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1244545)
Were you just watching Nicola Benedetti?

No Mike. It is one of my favourite pieces which I often go to bed listening to! :bleedht:

choirboy 13-09-2020 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1244548)
i acyually enjoyed the coverage and much prefer dan and sean to some of the crap you hear on normal tv. not a big sports watcher on tele but it was better than i expected to be honest. watched the stocksbridge v stalybridge cup game earlier and the constant references to jamie vardy was what you,d expect from the BBC. doubt anyone bothering to watch a game like that knew vardy started his adult football at stocksbridge.

My first time watching on I follow and I thought the coverage was very good considering there was only one camera. Although it would have been great to see Dion’s goal from several angles as it was an absolute cracker!:worthy: I thought that Dan and Sean did a super job on the commentary with their inside knowledge giving some excellent insights into the players and tactics. Have to say that the post match interviews so far this season have been much better. I think the use of the big microphone with the foam wind baffle over it and mounted on a stand gives a much better quality and consistency of sound!:cheers:
ON STANLEY ON
:theband:

andyd 13-09-2020 09:47

Just going back to yesterday I thought we looked fitter and sharper than Peterborough and worked a lot harder over the 90 minutes, will be some big tests to come but with maybe another couple of additions could surprise a few this season.

monkey hanger 13-09-2020 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244558)
Just going back to yesterday I thought we looked fitter and sharper than Peterborough and worked a lot harder over the 90 minutes, will be some big tests to come but with maybe another couple of additions could surprise a few this season.

know its only one game and one win but who forecasted a wycome promotion last year.

MikeA 13-09-2020 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1244552)
No Mike. It is one of my favourite pieces which I often go to bed listening to! :bleedht:

48:20

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...t-of-the-proms

anmc 13-09-2020 10:54

I quite liked The Housemartins, "Happy Hour Again" at the end.

cashman 13-09-2020 10:55

stones dont prattle on like that, about 40 seconds intro then on with the music.:D

Lord Stiffupperlip 13-09-2020 12:30

If yesterday proved anything - it's that all that really matters in football are GOALS!
Just ask Leeds, who managed to bang 3 in away against the Premier Champs & still ended up losing the game.
The Posh may have arrived as classy promotion contenders & bossed possession, but howitzers from Prince Charles & Chelsea anagram Tariq 'Wakey-Wakey! ensured the perennial relegation favourites had the last laugh.
How delightful to see both our goals included in the top six 'pile-drivers' highlighted by Quest EFL show last night.
Apart from the 3 points, yesterday must have given our boys a massive confidence boost following on from the Leeds Schoolboy massacre.
After dispatching Posh & keeping a clean sheet, why should we fear anyone?

Crown Grounder 13-09-2020 13:52

Three points on the board, another 47 needed for safety....😉

MikeA 13-09-2020 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1244571)
How delightful to see both our goals included in the top six 'pile-drivers' highlighted by Quest EFL show last night.

55:20, 1:01:20 and 1:32:40: https://www.dplay.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest/video/efl-on-quest-120920/EHD_325752C

yonmon 14-09-2020 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1244552)

My lark has descended Bob !.. Now at bedtime I listen to ‘ Kitten on the Keys ‘
by Depussy!.

Cue some one posting ‘ what’s this got to do w’it Stanley ';)

Taypot 14-09-2020 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1244610)
My lark has descended Bob !.. Now at bedtime I listen to ‘ Kitten on the Keys ‘
by Depussy!.

Cue some one posting ‘ what’s this got to do w’it Stanley ';)

OK Yonmon - what’s this got to do w’it Stanley?

choirboy 14-09-2020 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taypot (Post 1244613)

Taypot, the link here is clearly....“Ascending“........The Lark Ascending is like The Stanley Ascending.......up League One! :mosher::jimbo:
Yonmon old friend....Luckily, my ‘Lark’ is still ascending every morning as I wake with The Glory of Morning......Then I get up for a “James Rydell” and then it descends again!
Hope you are well Yonmon. I bet you are missing the Yodelling as much as myself.
:laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

yonmon 14-09-2020 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taypot (Post 1244613)

Nothing whatsoever Taypot !.. Just an in-joke twixt Choirboy and myself !.;)
Which our Admin allows me to indulge in now and again , what with me being deep into my dosage and all that !:help:

Hope that you're OK.. and safe.. and well !.

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !.

yonmon 14-09-2020 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1244615)
Taypot, the link here is clearly....“Ascending“........The Lark Ascending is like The Stanley Ascending.......up League One! :mosher::jimbo:
Yonmon old friend....Luckily, my ‘Lark’ is still ascending every morning as I wake with The Glory of Morning......Then I get up for a “James Rydell” and then it descends again!
Hope you are well Yonmon. I bet you are missing the Yodelling as much as myself.
:laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

I had spotted the somewhat cryptic link old friend... Hope that we're there to witness the Reds maintaining the position that they occupy at the moment !.
As for the rather dubious innuendos cheekily hidden in your second paragraph, and being one of a sensitive nature as you well know, I must say that I have yet to recover the emotional equilibrium lost at spotting these !.

As for me being well.. my stock answer to that question these days is
' who can say ?'.
Seriously though I am, sad to say, feeling my age a bit !.
��
See you ???? .. til then .. Take care!. O S O .. T G T 's

choirboy 15-09-2020 08:47

Keep your ‘Pecker’ up Yonmon.:)

smudgie 15-09-2020 11:04

Certainly the most impressive opening day result I can remember!

Brilliant start. :)

choirboy 15-09-2020 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1244621)
Certainly the most impressive opening day result I can remember!

Brilliant start. :)

Fully agree Smudgie.:mosher:
Scoring goals is all about confidence and with goals like the two v Peterborough our boys will build their confidence to score more!
:jimbo::jimbo:

monkey hanger 16-09-2020 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1244632)
Fully agree Smudgie.:mosher:
Scoring goals is all about confidence and with goals like the two v Peterborough our boys will build their confidence to score more!
:jimbo::jimbo:

plus apart from that free kick they got late on our defence looked quite tight at well. unlike most stanley games you could not really see em scoring.

MikeA 17-09-2020 15:28

In an article that also mentions them being on six-figure salaries, Peterborough's co-owner is expressing his frustration about the two players who, apparently, went out of the 'bubble' and ended up testing positive before the game:
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...layers-2972899

cashman 17-09-2020 15:51

seems the more they earn the less they care?

andyd 17-09-2020 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244718)

Should bring a rule in break the rules about Covid bubbles 3 match ban and a month's wages fine do it again double it.

cashman 17-09-2020 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244719)
Should bring a rule in break the rules about Covid bubbles 3 match ban and a month's wages fine do it again double it.

Good idea why should club and fans suffer cos of dickheads.

Exile on Spencer St 17-09-2020 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244719)

You’re assuming that the PCR ‘tests’ are 100 % accurate. They are not.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/radical...nt-innumeracy/

Would you be happy to banned from driving for a year if the breathalyser was known, and admitted to being, highly inaccurate?

Possibly the comments are more a reflection of the Posh owner’s mentality to sport and that he has to find an excuse for losing.

andyd 17-09-2020 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1244721)
You’re assuming that the PCR ‘tests’ are 100 % accurate. They are not.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/radical...nt-innumeracy/

Would you be happy to banned from driving for a year if the breathalyser was known, and admitted to being, highly inaccurate?

Possibly the comments are more a reflection of the Posh owner’s mentality to sport and that he has to find an excuse for losing.

Seeing as I don't drink these days I can have plenty of 0% pints and blow in a bag would be seriously peed off if positive.

monkey hanger 18-09-2020 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1244718)

have always thought the same. do or did we work any harder if we got a really good pay rise or a new better paid job once the novelty has worn off.

cashman 18-09-2020 08:00

big difference between working and caring i think.;)