Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sam Finley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sam-finley-71317.html)

AccyMad 16-09-2020 11:37

Sam Finley

On fishy site, Sam has left the club by mutual consent - absolutely gutted to read this but can only wish him all the best, wherever he goes next. If nothing else, thanks for the memories from the Lincoln game last season Sam :(

choirboy 16-09-2020 12:37

Re: Sam Finley

Wow! That is coming as a bit of a shock to me!:eek:
I know he had has some issues with indiscipline

but he always gave everything for the team and for the supporters.
:mosher:
Good luck to Sam wherever he goes.

cashman 16-09-2020 12:39

he certainly gave his all but was to much indisciplined to me, wish him well but not that bothered to be honest,

chevyfire 16-09-2020 12:51

I thank Sam for his contribution the last couple of seasons. Has been a big part of Stanley.
He may feel that he would no longer be an automatic first choice with us signing butcher and sangare in central midfield. At 28, he may want to be first pick. From the one game if I am honest the new signings are an upgrade. I did enjoy Sam's commitment to the course on field and his song got us all going!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

andyd 16-09-2020 14:40

Purely guessing here but a quiet word in his hear saying your down the pecking order has maybe gone on and while suspended for a quarter of the season can maybe sort himself a club, my thoughts good league 2 player at best far to indisaplined for me spoilt his concentration and game but good luck for the future Sam.

Twenty Eight 16-09-2020 15:10

He isn't going to get a club until the next window. Why would a club sign anyone to sit in the stands (subject to social distancing)?
The lad's got a major task on his hand at League level to get someone to give him a chance particularly if he cannot keep himself fit.
Feel for him but at least it can be said on this occasion all his own doing.
Good luck to him.

VALAIRIAN 16-09-2020 15:41

Good luck Sam, hope you find a Club that suits :)

:) :) :)

andyd 17-09-2020 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244674)
He isn't going to get a club until the next window. Why would a club sign anyone to sit in the stands (subject to social distancing)?
The lad's got a major task on his hand at League level to get someone to give him a chance particularly if he cannot keep himself fit.
Feel for him but at least it can be said on this occasion all his own doing.
Good luck to him.

Grapevine is a return to AFC Fylde.

monkey hanger 17-09-2020 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244695)
Grapevine is a return to AFC Fylde.

if the grapevine is right thats a drop of 3 divisions. know its going to be a bit difficult for him finding a club but you,d think there would be someone higher up than fylde to give him a chance. his old manager is at hartlepool and he could do well up there and the fans would love someone with his attitude on the pitch.

Twenty Eight 17-09-2020 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1244696)
if the grapevine is right thats a drop of 3 divisions. know its going to be a bit difficult for him finding a club but you,d think there would be someone higher up than fylde to give him a chance. his old manager is at hartlepool and he could do well up there and the fans would love someone with his attitude on the pitch.

Personally if that is correct he's a lucky lad.
Fylde want to pay him wags to get him fit to sit in the stands until 2021 ?
More money than sense.

andyd 17-09-2020 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244706)
More money than sense.

Took a wage drop to come to us.

MikeA 17-09-2020 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244706)
More money than sense.

I expect that some of his 10-match ban will have been served while he was still a Stanley player.

Twenty Eight 17-09-2020 18:23

He was banned in April so two served eight to go. Trophy doesn't count.

cashman 17-09-2020 19:24

thats what i thought but wasnt sure.

Chewbacca 17-09-2020 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244723)
He was banned in April so two served eight to go. Trophy doesn't count.

6 left then, it would be spent in a month.

monkey hanger 18-09-2020 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244707)

fylde are a different club now than when he left them. lot of their better players left after their relegation and their money bags owner seems to be losing interest in bankrolling em, wanting the club to be more sustainable.

Twenty Eight 18-09-2020 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1244728)
6 left then, it would be spent in a month.

8 to go. He was banned for 10. Look at their fixtures. Wont play until mid November at the earliest.

Twenty Eight 18-09-2020 12:56

Has he even signed for them yet ?

Twenty Eight 18-09-2020 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1244707)

And then ended up on more when he renewed his contract.

Chewbacca 18-09-2020 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244750)
8 to go. He was banned for 10. Look at their fixtures. Wont play until mid November at the earliest.

it was reported everywhere he was banned for 8, at stanley this ends 17th October if he had stayed. I am not sure where you got 10 from, even the FA site says 8.

StanleyJosh 18-09-2020 13:20

2 games was for amount of yellow cards I believe.

nige b 18-09-2020 14:13

Signed for Fleetwood!

andyd 18-09-2020 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 1244755)
Signed for Fleetwood!

Must have been done and dusted for a while will fit in well with Barton.

Chewbacca 18-09-2020 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1244754)
2 games was for amount of yellow cards I believe.

Ah 10 bookings for the 2 then. The 8 game ban was specifically until Accrington Stanley complete 8 matches, so if taking the letter of the report he wouldn't be damaged by not having a club. i've not heard of this approach before so may be badly worded.

andyd 18-09-2020 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244751)
Has he even signed for them yet ?

No keep up he,s gone to kick yer legs Fleetwood

Exile on Spencer St 18-09-2020 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 1244755)
Signed for Fleetwood!

Who else?:rolleyes:

andyd 18-09-2020 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1244760)
Who else?:rolleyes:

Did the club when letting him go know where he was heading.?

AccyMad 18-09-2020 14:41

Didn't see that coming but can see fireworks between Sam & Barton . . . .. :rolleyes:

andyd 18-09-2020 15:21

Ironically his first game available for selection is against us on October 20th.

Twenty Eight 18-09-2020 17:14

He’s a liability. There you go Ive said it. Fits the Barton mould perfectly. He might break the record for bans against appearances in a season. As for playing against us bring it on. Think our recruitment in that area has been good ...... better than Finlay.

andyd 18-09-2020 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244771)
He’s a liability. There you go Ive said it. Fits the Barton mould perfectly. He might break the record for bans against appearances in a season. As for playing against us bring it on. Think our recruitment in that area has been good ...... better than Finlay.

Twenty eight I am totally in agreement with you never really rated him along with the people who I go matches with plus those I,m in regular contact with, just shows different people,s view on the game though because on social media it's like we have lost a superstar. Each to their own of course but I think the midfield signings this year look solid Sherif unfortunately injured but alongside Barclay and Conneelly have give us plenty of options in there.

cashman 18-09-2020 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244771)

I think Finley knew it also is my view.

Twenty Eight 18-09-2020 20:47

I am going to have to keep my powder dry.
100% he was sacked in my view.
The truth will out I guess at some point.

NORTHERNSOUL 18-09-2020 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244780)

Well thats not the story theyre putting out. Acording to Coleman he asked to tear up his contract as he felt a fresh start was what he needed.Obviously he knew about Fleetwood but the interesting bit was did he forget to mention it to JC.

I thought it strange yesterday that a lad with a decent contract for the next 12 months would simply tear it up and walk away when he could have just done the very minimum and picked up 50k. But todays news joins up a lot of the dots but i really do hope he didnt take the **** just to save Pilley a few quid on a transfer fee.

monkey hanger 19-09-2020 07:16

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1244782]Well thats not the story theyre putting out. Acording to Coleman he asked to tear up his contract as he felt a fresh start was what he needed.Obviously he knew about Fleetwood but the interesting bit was did he forget to mention it to JC.

you can hear the phonecall. sam, its joey barton here. you are my type of player and i want you for my team. get your contract torn up and you can sign for me. the chairman isn,t prepared to pay a transfer fee for you and thats your get out to come to me.

andyd 19-09-2020 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1244780)

Same as the whisper your not in my plans.

Chewbacca 19-09-2020 09:40

You don't stand by a player for 5 months then sack them for gross misconduct, Stanley would not have a leg to stand on. Players do occasionally get sacked but it for thing like breaking a team mate's jaw in the dressing room, it has to be very serious as the contracts are water tight.

As others have stated he will have known another contract was on the table when he agreed to have his current one cancelled, or else it would have been too big a gamble in the current climate.

smudgie 19-09-2020 11:02

As others have said, had a great spell with us no doubt about it.

Him and Barton = Perfect fit imo !

Twenty Eight 19-09-2020 13:26

Coley is no mug.
Under contract and when in the right frame of mind Sam commands a fee to move on.
OK serving a suspension but is anyone seriously buying it that a request to rescind a contract followed by signing for another club is by mutual consent ? Does anyone buy it that Coley with all his contacts didn't sniff interest ?
If so Im shocked.

AccyMad 19-09-2020 16:01

At the end of the day only the club & Sam know what's gone on, we can guess or even think we know as much as we like but it doesn't change anything, the lad's gone now so maybe time to let things lie & move on