Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Unlock tentative steps (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/unlock-tentative-steps-71320.html)

andyd 29-09-2020 16:27

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1245162)
Andy,
I think you need to read it again.

Fans of National League North and South clubs will be unable to attend their team's FA Cup second qualifying round matches this weekend.

The Football Association has announced details of the "agreed position" for admitting spectators following discussions with the government.

Games being hosted by sixth-tier clubs will be played behind closed doors.

Meanwhile, only home fans are allowed at ties where sixth-tier teams are the visitors to clubs below that level.

For matches in which both teams are below the sixth tier, supporters of both the home and visiting teams are permitted to attend.

The FA says the position "will be reviewed again" before the third qualifying round.

What's this got to do with us ?

Nothing apart from what's the difference between 770 the original planned attendance at Stanley v Oxford and 600 at some non elite club apart from it will have a bearing on all football if someone doesn't work a sensible compromise in all levels of the game who dreamt up elite some pandemic expert who thinks it doesn't spread in different football grounds depending what league your in.

andyd 29-09-2020 17:09

And with regards to those last posts how the hell have the fa agreed to that what kind of brainless morons are in charge instead of putting pressure on the government they just toe the line they has well must think this virus picks on certain areas of football.

andyd 29-09-2020 17:20

Chorley host Gateshead at home in the fa cup Saturday average gate around 1400 allowed none on Saturday, yet Bamber Bridge or Lancaster city can let 600 on. Chorley,s chairman begging to be allowed a reduced amount on has it would be something without fans shut by Christmas, if Twenty eight you say what has this to do with us Stanley without fans won't last forever either it will struggle along with the rest,stop fans right through the pryamid and halt the season or let them on in every section.

andyd 29-09-2020 17:34

If I choose to go and watch Padiham one weekend and I,m snitched on by someone who recognise,s me as a supporter of an elite club would I be ejected from the ground.

andyd 29-09-2020 17:37

How do rules work were there is a ground sharing
agreement between an elite and non elite club somebody stop me I could go on all night I,m seething.

monkey hanger 30-09-2020 07:15

[QUOTE=andyd;1245166]Chorley host Gateshead at home in the fa cup Saturday average gate around 1400 allowed none on Saturday, yet Bamber Bridge or Lancaster city can let 600 on.

you know it makes sense. follow the science. maey had a little lamb. a stitch in time saves nine or should the latter be Snitch. warning for the residents in colne. i,ll be back at your ground in the near future.

Inspector Morse 30-09-2020 09:47

'If I choose to go and watch Padiham one weekend and I,m snitched on by someone who recognise,s me as a supporter of an elite club would I be ejected from the ground.'

Whose your other team?

andyd 30-09-2020 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1245183)
'If I choose to go and watch Padiham one weekend and I,m snitched on by someone who recognise,s me as a supporter of an elite club would I be ejected from the ground.'

Whose your other team?

Any non elite club or any that will allow you in the bar on match day and behind closed curtain,s can watch on TV is a curtain a experimental vaccine.

Inspector Morse 30-09-2020 15:19

No, I mean whose your Elite team?

NORTHERNSOUL 30-09-2020 17:44

[QUOTE=cashman;1245135]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245134)
Disagree no government had any idea what they were dealing with thats just an excuse as far as im concerned.

But theyve had 6 months and unlimited amounts of money to sort it out yet we.re no nearer than we were on day one.

We all know how to start to stop it but they dont even have the balls to stand up and say so for fear of being called racist.

Come on how many white famlies of 3 gererations do you know living in 3 bed terraced houses.

Every time Boris and Pinky and Perky are on tv he disses and takes the **** out of mass infection but he hasnt the goolies to try it somewhere like say the isle of wight to prove that he,s right.

He Makes you think that it would just be a free for all when nothing could be further from the truth.

I think hes in for a shock at the end of October when he finds out just how millitant 3 million people who.ve just lost their jobs can be and theyre already crapping themselves by ordering train companies to not sell discounted rail tickets on the weekend of the first protest rally the last weekend in October.

andyd 30-09-2020 18:01

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1245192]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1245135)

But theyve had 6 months and unlimited amounts of money to sort it out yet we.re no nearer than we were on day one.

We all know how to start to stop it but they dont even have the balls to stand up and say so for fear of being called racist.

Come on how many white famlies of 3 gererations do you know living in 3 bed terraced houses.

Every time Boris and Pinky and Perky are on tv he disses and takes the **** out of mass infection but he hasnt the goolies to try it somewhere like say the isle of wight to prove that he,s right.

He Makes you think that it would just be a free for all when nothing could be further from the truth.

I think hes in for a shock at the end of October when he finds out just how millitant 3 million people who.ve just lost their jobs can be and theyre already crapping themselves by ordering train companies to not sell discounted rail tickets on the weekend of the first protest rally the last weekend in October.

The unlimited amounts of money aren't a bottomless pit and listening to reports coming out of the premiership seems as the whole 20 teams are adamant they aren't going to splash cash the EFL,s way. Looks like Accrington and the other 71 clubs are on their own 20 million given in grants to the National League are just a diversonry tactic which have to be paid back by the way. Without fans certainly in 2020 and maybe 6 months things will start unraveling next month when bills become due.

cashman 30-09-2020 18:58

hey andy i never posted that whats going on?:confused:

VALAIRIAN 30-09-2020 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1245195)
hey andy i never posted that whats going on?:confused:

I think it is a quote, of a quote Cashy :)

:) :) :)

Twenty Eight 30-09-2020 20:31

[QUOTE=andyd;1245194]
Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1245192)

The unlimited amounts of money aren't a bottomless pit and listening to reports coming out of the premiership seems as the whole 20 teams are adamant they aren't going to splash cash the EFL,s way. Looks like Accrington and the other 71 clubs are on their own 20 million given in grants to the National League are just a diversonry tactic which have to be paid back by the way. Without fans certainly in 2020 and maybe 6 months things will start unraveling next month when bills become due.

Do you understand what a grant is ?
Show me one comment that says this money has to be repaid.

andyd 30-09-2020 22:11

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1245197]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245194)

Government,s usually get money back in more ways than one that was my point true grants don't get repaid but they will have their piece of flesh.

monkey hanger 01-10-2020 07:24

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1245192][QUOTE=cashman;1245135]

know where you are coming from in your whole post, however how many non whites do you see shoved into care homes and forgotton about by some as they have become a nuisance in their eyes. we can all learn from these people how to look after our old folk. they have done this for years before the con flu ever came about.

Twenty Eight 01-10-2020 09:26

[QUOTE=andyd;1245198]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1245197)

Government,s usually get money back in more ways than one that was my point true grants don't get repaid but they will have their piece of flesh.

The amounts of grants generally not just for football are scary numbers.
Billions upon billions.
No chance the Government will get it back by stealth.
VAT, income tax rises, yes but won't be enough.

Chewbacca 01-10-2020 17:44

[QUOTE=andyd;1245198]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1245197)

That is complete rubbish, they won't come up with a higher tax rate for non-league clubs who received a grant. Just as they won't specifically tax people higher who benefited from furlough, a business disruption grant or NHS treatment.

Fiscal policy isn't a pound of flesh, it about balancing a budget, which now won't happen any time soon.

NORTHERNSOUL 03-10-2020 02:25

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1245197]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245194)

Excuse Me

But some very selective editing going on here The post above has clearly been manipulated to make it appear that it was posted by myself.

Which it absolutely was not.

NORTHERNSOUL 03-10-2020 02:50

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1245201][QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1245192]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1245135)

know where you are coming from in your whole post, however how many non whites do you see shoved into care homes and forgotton about by some as they have become a nuisance in their eyes. we can all learn from these people how to look after our old folk. they have done this for years before the con flu ever came about.

But with respect that isnt really the point is it ?

When you have the 3 generations living in the 3 bedroom terraced house and the teenager goes out into the big wild world and brings the virus back into the house its pretty obvious and doesnt take a genius to work out that it wont be long before the other 12 of them catch it and are soon out in the community happily spreading it about probrably in most cases without even knowing it.

Ive said right from the start it was absolute madness to send people with positive tests back into their own households to isolate.

At the start of the crisis the government were offered both the Premier Inn and Travelodge estates so why the hell they didnt take them up on it and then a positive test would have meant 2 weeks of Borisis hospitality watching p o r n and sky sports for in relative luxury locked in a lodge room but in the knowledge they wouldnt be infecting anybody.

Chewbacca 03-10-2020 04:52

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1245264][QUOTE=monkey hanger;1245201]
Quote:

When you have the 3 generations living in the 3 bedroom terraced house and the teenager goes out into the big wild world and brings the virus back into the house its pretty obvious and doesnt take a genius to work out that it wont be long before the other 12 of them catch it and are soon out in the community happily spreading it about probrably in most cases without even knowing it.

Ive said right from the start it was absolute madness to send people with positive tests back into their own households to isolate.

At the start of the crisis the government were offered both the Premier Inn and Travelodge estates so why the hell they didnt take them up on it and then a positive test would have meant 2 weeks of Borisis hospitality watching p o r n and sky sports for in relative luxury locked in a lodge room but in the knowledge they wouldnt be infecting anybody.

Councils spent a lot of money on hotels for homeless people, they were not free,and the money soon ran out.

They were not used for COVID positive people, as it could lead to more break-outs unless they would have been confined to a room by an armed guard. Plus it would be very dangerous for the staff and their families and here would only have a fraction of the numbers needed.

andyd 03-10-2020 08:04

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1245264][QUOTE=monkey hanger;1245201]
Quote:

So everyone in the country has either of those hotel chains around the corner what a load of tripe this thread going way of subject which is to get crowds back, when some clubs are allowed to have people in their clubhouse watching on TV with the match yards away shows how out of touch this government his. Supporters, clubs, and football authorities should throw as much pressure on the buffoons in charge to get limited crowds back into safe environment,s thus saving them wasting even more money.

monkey hanger 03-10-2020 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245266)

Supporters, clubs, and football authorities should throw as much pressure on the buffoons in charge to get limited crowds back into safe environment,s thus saving them wasting even more money.

exactly. its pointless everyone moaning separetly about the issue and need everyone to get together in one big effort and carry on with it to obtain change. like them or not look what some change the BLM movement have made by being organised and sticking together.

DaveinGermany 03-10-2020 08:50

Quote:

watching p o r n and sky sports for in relative luxury locked in a lodge room

Right, thanks for the tip, I now know where I'll be booking in to next time I need a place to stay! :D

andyd 03-10-2020 10:32

Vue cinema chain have 3 Premiership games airing this weekend so ok for them to make some income from football, going to bang my head on the wall and see if I can come up with a brainstorming nonsense idea to suggest next.

Reamer 04-10-2020 00:36

'happily spreading it about probrably in most cases without even knowing it.'

That's not logic NS. 'Happily spreading it about' implies intent but then you say ' without even knowing it' which contradicts any intent. Don't get it.

andyd 04-10-2020 09:03

Borissia Dortmund had 11,500 fans in their 81000+ capacity stadium yesterday common sense Germans while our government twiddling thumb's on what crazy non understandable rule to introduce next. And here they are suggesting being locked out till March and beyond by which time most fans will be bored with soulless streamed games.

cashman 04-10-2020 09:58

not so sure andy yeh i would be fed up not seeing us live but i would still watch for the simple reason stanley ger brass outs i follow at the moment, and well its not that great its money and will help a bit.

andyd 04-10-2020 14:32

Premier League to approach the government with a plea for limited fans returning if it's compulsory for them all to have the downloaded NHS track and trace app which they are so keen on promoting, it's now used widely in pubs, restaurants, shops etc. Also saying they have proof that after the Brighton game attended by 2500 fans there was no transmission at the event or any effect on local rates. Football baffled by tha announcement of plans to allow 3000 spectators into a 5272 capacity Albert hall, as well as all that there is no prospect of a bailout of struggling EFL clubs by the Premiership.

monkey hanger 05-10-2020 08:26

[QUOTE=andyd;1245385]Premier League to approach the government with a plea for limited fans returning if it's compulsory for them all to have the downloaded NHS track and trace app which they are so keen on promoting,

rather have no live football than that. do not posess a phone capable anyway to download the app. would not want to do so anyway. for me the less information the government have about me the better i feel. its not i,m doing anything wrong its just the principle behind it.

andyd 05-10-2020 16:24

Oxford,s game on Saturday was called off 32 minutes before kick off because a Crewe player having had his own test proved positive, now Oxford having to pay to have all their staff and players tested. In a scenario where we are trying to convince an increasingly inconsistent government about safe return of fans surely the testing that is mandatory in the Premiership should be right through the pryamid at least then you wouldn't have last minute postponement,s adding even more unaffordable costs. Latest nonsense waffle after the announcement of the closing of the big cinema chain for the immediate future was guess what Boris encourage,s us to visit the cinema.

choirboy 05-10-2020 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245427)
Oxford,s game on Saturday was called off 32 minutes before kick off because a Crewe player having had his own test proved positive, now Oxford having to pay to have all their staff and players tested. In a scenario where we are trying to convince an increasingly inconsistent government about safe return of fans surely the testing that is mandatory in the Premiership should be right through the pryamid at least then you wouldn't have last minute postponement,s adding even more unaffordable costs. Latest nonsense waffle after the announcement of the closing of the big cinema chain for the immediate future was guess what Boris encourage,s us to visit the cinema.

The Crewe player was Omar Beckles I believe.

andyd 05-10-2020 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1245428)

Omar Sharif did you say off to the cinema then.

VALAIRIAN 05-10-2020 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1245428)

Correct my friend :)

maccawozzagod 06-10-2020 14:42

Petition to force the Government to allow crowds in. At 23k currently, needs 100k to force government debate

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

You'll need to verify your vote by clicking a link in an email

Tell your mates ...

cashman 06-10-2020 14:50

Signed but soz cannot share as im banned for 24hours from facebook.:D

MikeA 06-10-2020 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1245460)

Cashy banned! I don't believe it...

andyd 06-10-2020 15:51

Signed was in the first 2000 I think I,d sign more than once if you could.

NORTHERNSOUL 07-10-2020 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245464)
Signed was in the first 2000 I think I,d sign more than once if you could.

You can sign as many times as e.mail accounts you have.

The system only looks for duplicate e.mail addresses and not duplicate personal details

monkey hanger 07-10-2020 08:07

done. could not wait to do this.

monkey hanger 07-10-2020 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1245460)

thats something you should feel really proud of. hope you gave the lefty snowflakes some stick.

cashman 07-10-2020 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1245490)
thats something you should feel really proud of. hope you gave the lefty snowflakes some stick.

Aye but the tarts cry and report me, i never reported anyone in my life i always believed people can give there opinion wether others like or not.

andyd 07-10-2020 15:25

Didn't think it would be long before it reared its head again Man City chief executive saying football pryamid is unsustainable and suggestions include letting B teams in, they won't provide anymore funding and unfortunately in the present circumstances you can see it or similar happening.

andyd 07-10-2020 17:30

Looking like the North West of England are going to have pubs and restaurants shut down again for a short period, devastating news if it happens some will never open again, again mixed messages what will be next probably not the return of fans.

monkey hanger 08-10-2020 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1245494)
Aye but the tarts cry and report me, i never reported anyone in my life i always believed people can give there opinion wether others like or not.

nothing worse than a tell tale, snitch or an informer unless its something really serious. from school onwards anyone like that have very few or any mates.

monkey hanger 08-10-2020 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245514)
Looking like the North West of England are going to have pubs and restaurants shut down again for a short period, devastating news if it happens some will never open again, again mixed messages what will be next probably not the return of fans.

think august 2021 for a widespread return of fans seems a bit optimistic unless their present advisors are given free transfers in the january window.

andyd 12-10-2020 10:03

600 fans allowed into Windsor Park,s Northern Ireland game last night great news but who sanctions these moves?

cashman 12-10-2020 10:25

dunno but they have own government?

Chewbacca 12-10-2020 14:59

Pubs and restaurants shutting around here again it seems, although not clear yet. Not spoken to local leaders yet, but Lancashire has 15 Councils, this aint going to be quick unless it is just the 3 PHAs. But I can't see us getting anything different to Liverpool.

The free Easter Egg offer need not go ahead.##

Edit: tier 2 so pubs still open?

andyd 12-10-2020 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1245715)
Pubs and restaurants shutting around here again it seems, although not clear yet. Not spoken to local leaders yet, but Lancashire has 15 Councils, this aint going to be quick unless it is just the 3 PHAs. But I can't see us getting anything different to Liverpool.

The free Easter Egg offer need not go ahead.##

Edit: tier 2 so pubs still open?

Lancashire going into tier 2 led to believe which isn't much change for us but these tiers can go up and down. See the London Palladium had a crowd in there last night I have been in there myself very Victorian and not very big you can throw data all day long at me you ain't telling me that is any safer than watching a football game outside in fresh air.

Chewbacca 12-10-2020 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245718)
Lancashire going into tier 2 led to believe which isn't much change for us but these tiers can go up and down. See the London Palladium had a crowd in there last night I have been in there myself very Victorian and not very big you can throw data all day long at me you ain't telling me that is any safer than watching a football game outside in fresh air.

Later there was a commitment to opening all businesses if COVID safe when the question was asked about Cheltenham Races and opening sporting events.

They clearly think football can live off TV money, and figures still going up in the north west, but they take no account of football governance being chaotic.

cashman 12-10-2020 18:00

myself i think they aint that bothered apart from the big guns.

monkey hanger 13-10-2020 09:09

[QUOTE=andyd; you can throw data all day long at me you ain't telling me that is any safer than watching a football game outside in fresh air.[/QUOTE]

yet its safe in padiham, clitheroe and nelson all without face muzzles. there must be a covid cloud above the wham and every league club ground. just do not get it and never will.

andyd 13-10-2020 15:37

Crewe request that tonight,s rearranged game at Oxford be postponed just 4 hours before kick off as 2 more players test positive, might struggle to get their home game on against Blackpool Saturday, I believe the PFA have offered to fund mandatory testing for all EFL clubs this needs to be taken up on or there will be constant interruptions.

VALAIRIAN 13-10-2020 17:23

Do not understand this???

Tranmere played their kids at the weekend, as they were not sure if they would have been penalised for not fulfilling the game :confused: :confused:

This is the second time that Crewe have had to postpone???

:) :) :)

andyd 14-10-2020 08:52

North West Counties league asking clubs to vote on 3 options due to the current rising cases of Covid, suspend season untill end of October, cancel games in areas under tier 3 or continue season, sadly you can see where things are heading.

andyd 14-10-2020 19:13

Oliver Dowden admitted today one of the reasons return of fans was postponed wasn't the stadiums themselves but the worry that large groups of fans would congregate before and after games in hospitality venues, also the behaviour of certain clubs fans celebrating success at the end of last season despite restrictions and warnings not to do so they did. So as with a lot of things in life the majority can suffer for the actions of a few.

cashman 14-10-2020 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245769)
Oliver Dowden admitted today one of the reasons return of fans was postponed wasn't the stadiums themselves but the worry that large groups of fans would congregate before and after games in hospitality venues, also the behaviour of certain clubs fans celebrating success at the end of last season despite restrictions and warnings not to do so they did. So as with a lot of things in life the majority can suffer for the actions of a few.

that sounds right to me they have given the government no chance of taking the risk dickheads are everywhere imho,

Chewbacca 14-10-2020 22:06

NWCL games get 50 to 300 attending with little or no cover. The only pinch point is access and egress, and club houses in tier 3 will be shut anyway.

Can't see the point of a 2 week break unless instructed from above. Supermarkets are a far bigger risk, especially the small ones where they needed to remove an aisle near the tills to make it safe but didn't bother.

andyd 15-10-2020 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1245771)
NWCL games get 50 to 300 attending with little or no cover. The only pinch point is access and egress, and club houses in tier 3 will be shut anyway.

Can't see the point of a 2 week break unless instructed from above. Supermarkets are a far bigger risk, especially the small ones where they needed to remove an aisle near the tills to make it safe but didn't bother.

This is were track and trace falls down to me asked to scan or sign in at pubs, restaurants etc but not at shops, supermarkets again mixed messages.

andyd 15-10-2020 07:24

After the let fans in petition that got the required amount of signatures parliament will debate about the return of fans on Monday the 9th of November.

monkey hanger 15-10-2020 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245769)

honestly if they shut the clubhouse and fanzones what the hell as that got to do with allowing a certain number of fans into the Wham for a game. really doubt say a 1000 accy fans are going to run amock raping, pillaging up livingstone road and infecting the whole of east lancs with the virus.

andyd 15-10-2020 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1245779)
honestly if they shut the clubhouse and fanzones what the hell as that got to do with allowing a certain number of fans into the Wham for a game. really doubt say a 1000 accy fans are going to run amock raping, pillaging up livingstone road and infecting the whole of east lancs with the virus.

This set of so called clever university, privately educated couldn't run a **** up in a brewery apart from the house of commons bar let alone the country.

Exile on Spencer St 15-10-2020 18:14

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245786)
This set of so called clever university, privately educated couldn't run a **** up in a brewery apart from the house of commons bar let alone the country.

Lucky they have the HoC’s bar because they can no longer visit this pub in New Brighton.

monkey hanger 16-10-2020 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1245802)
Lucky they have the HoC’s bar because they can no longer visit this pub in New Brighton.

there will be some up in arms now about the pub name. these 3 are trying to save mankind from total destruction{sorry lefties i mean people kind** and all someone can do is take the urine. yes i do tell lies at times.