Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Covid got 2 More (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/covid-got-2-more-71367.html)

cashman 27-10-2020 13:37

Covid got 2 More

"2" more stanley games off now jeez this is not good at all.:(

VALAIRIAN 27-10-2020 13:54

Re: Covid got 2 More

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...mes-postponed/

It is a good thing that the announcements are early..... but, we will have had more games off than other teams put together (almost??) :confused: :eek:

Maybe - like penalty decisions - things will even out?? :)

:) :) :)

andyd 27-10-2020 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246182)
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...mes-postponed/

It is a good thing that the announcements are early..... but, we will have had more games off than other teams put together (almost??) :confused: :eek:

Maybe - like penalty decisions - things will even out?? :)

Well we have closed down first team affairs for 2 weeks which to me is correct according to guidelines so pretty obvious these games were going to be off when that was announced, not sure all clubs are behaving same way though. Problem every club as including Stanley another outbreak you shut down again could go on and on.

andyd 27-10-2020 14:38

Scunthorpe got big outbreak now there next 3 games off for present should imagine their Fa cup tie and EFL trophy game could be vunerable. We will probably resume playing against Tranmere with just 2 days preparation.

VALAIRIAN 27-10-2020 14:55

Re: Covid got 2 More and The Iron

Well that did not take long :dork: :dork: :dork:

That will teach me :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54707653

KiTChener 27-10-2020 21:41

Re: Covid got 2 More and The Iron

Well, the only positive take from this, is that we may be injury free & up for the challenge when we get to play again.... also, though some may view it as ‘catch-up’, I look at it as four games in hand, & a possible 12 points to go for ahead of those above us!

Kiwi John 29-10-2020 16:16

Just stay well everybody-you my Accy family and Accy staff. I'm away in Wellington this weekend so would have missed the game, but I pray everybody stays healthy. On Stanley on.

VALAIRIAN 29-10-2020 16:48

Thanks KJ, same to you and yours across there :)

VALAIRIAN 31-10-2020 07:04

Well, at least one game is back on :)

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...me-rearranged/

andyd 31-10-2020 08:05

Looking like on Monday a month long lockdown for all of Great Britain schools and universities to remain open most other things shut not sure how football will go on.

monkey hanger 31-10-2020 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246272)
Looking like on Monday a month long lockdown for all of Great Britain schools and universities to remain open most other things shut not sure how football will go on.

we,ll have to wait to get the whole details. it could be just everyone going to tier 3 or even more restrictions on top of this.

andyd 31-10-2020 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246273)
we,ll have to wait to get the whole details. it could be just everyone going to tier 3 or even more restrictions on top of this.

Doesn't look like it all pointing to full lockdown Arsenal already said in the London rag not sure if it could mean another break which they say would lead to a far too congested fixture list.

VALAIRIAN 31-10-2020 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246272)

It is what is needed in my opinion :(

The thing is spiraling out of control...............

cashman 31-10-2020 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246278)
It is what is needed in my opinion :(

The thing is spiraling out of control...............

its always been out of control joe, how can anything be in? when no-one knows fully how to deal with this?

andyd 31-10-2020 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246270)
Well, at least one game is back on :)

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...me-rearranged/

Could well be changing that date again.

andyd 31-10-2020 20:13

Well after a thoroughly depressing day the EFL confirms that the season can continue a ray of light in a wierd scenario we are living in.

andyd 01-11-2020 08:35

With the government urging elite football to carry on has it gives those that choose to watch it a sense of well-being and helps mentally, while pausing all other activities such as , golf, swimming, tennis, gyms etc:- surely this is the ideal opportunity to collectively push for the 1.5 billion pound aid they have been pushing for for all sports and facilities, not just to expect football to soldier on to bring relief to a certain viewing public.

pifco 01-11-2020 14:47

I doubt that the government has £1.5 billion to spare at the moment, in fact I doubt if they have a spare £1.50 after all they need some money for their pay rise.

andyd 01-11-2020 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by pifco (Post 1246317)
I doubt that the government has £1.5 billion to spare at the moment, in fact I doubt if they have a spare £1.50 after all they need some money for their pay rise.

Or an extra round in the commons bar, Andy Burnham rightly or wrongly argued for more cash for Manchester to enter Tier 3 turned down then hey presto it is now there. It's easy for government to say carry on football the public need you paying for it is something for someone else to find?

andyd 03-11-2020 10:09

New offer of bailout by the Premiership same £50 million, £20 million upfront, £30 million emergency fund for league's 1 and 2 and a promise that any Championship clubs that can prove they are struggling will be saved from going under.

andyd 04-11-2020 20:48

While in London for Fleetwood,s game at Charlton Fleetwood,s chief executive officer took the chance to visit parliament and lobby the government about a bailout, he claims 8 EFL clubs failed to pay wages last month or the tax bills and approached the EFL for assistance, he says this likely to rise to at least 10 this month and counting, rumours suggest maybe Fleetwood could well be one of these.

andyd 05-11-2020 08:18

Football, chiefs have been called to appear before a select group of mp,s to explain why a bailout hasn't happened were they are at, a spokesman from the sports ministry says Covid has exposed the economy,s of a madhouse in football how clever these people to the likes of me it's been a madhouse certainly since 1992 if not before.

pifco 05-11-2020 08:55

I couldn't agree more Andy after all the problems about Bury and Bolton, and several other clubs, in the last couple of seasons all of which were extensively covered in the national press and on all the major t.v. and radio sports programmes for many hours yet the sports ministry appear to think that it has only come to light due to Corvid.
But there again I suppose that that is quick thinking for some one in politics.

andyd 05-11-2020 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by pifco (Post 1246418)
I couldn't agree more Andy after all the problems about Bury and Bolton, and several other clubs, in the last couple of seasons all of which were extensively covered in the national press and on all the major t.v. and radio sports programmes for many hours yet the sports ministry appear to think that it has only come to light due to Corvid.
But there again I suppose that that is quick thinking for some one in politics.

The bottom line is do you really think they care unless it starts to affect hmri tax revenue they don't give two hoots otherwise to me.

cashman 05-11-2020 09:35

they have NEVER given a stuff about the lower teirs in football, anyone who thinks different to me need certifying. stanley are an example of that in 62.

MikeA 05-11-2020 09:44

One of the difficulties with any 'bail-out' will be apportioning it between clubs who overspend, creating problems for themselves, and those with a prudent financial approach whose possibly temporary difficulty may not be immediately apparent.

andyd 05-11-2020 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1246421)
they have NEVER given a stuff about the lower teirs in football, anyone who thinks different to me need certifying. stanley are an example of that in 62.

Neither did Bob Lord an example even back then of so called " bigger clubs" not giving a toss.

andyd 05-11-2020 12:14

Furlough scheme extended to end of March 2021 so for all the talk of coming out of lockdown we will be in harsh tiers until then definitely no fans back for the foreseeable.

monkey hanger 06-11-2020 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246427)
Neither did Bob Lord an example even back then of so called " bigger clubs" not giving a toss.

just wish stanley had got as much publicity as bury have had over the last year or so back in 1962. anyone like me living outside the town had to search for what was going on and only found out a lot of the facts after supporting stanley from 2009.

cashman 06-11-2020 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246447)
just wish stanley had got as much publicity as bury have had over the last year or so back in 1962. anyone like me living outside the town had to search for what was going on and only found out a lot of the facts after supporting stanley from 2009.

Seem to recall Matt Busby was considering helping back then, until he heard Bob Lord was involved?

andyd 06-11-2020 14:43

Barrow v Wimbledon cup tie off due to several first the players at Wimbledon testing positive, they are going into isolation now.

VALAIRIAN 06-11-2020 16:59

Will they have to forfeit the tie, like Nottingham County??

andyd 06-11-2020 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246454)
Will they have to forfeit the tie, like Nottingham County??

No that only applied in the qualifying rounds.

VALAIRIAN 06-11-2020 17:49

Cheers :)

andyd 06-11-2020 19:21

Weymouth FC and Chester FC both clubs annouce Covid outbreaks and will have to isolate for 10 to 14 days not good.