Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Lincoln papa John's thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/lincoln-papa-johns-thread-71460.html)

andyd 12-01-2021 16:36

Lincoln papa John's thread

Nottingham and Russell cup tied, Burgess suspended, think Savin carrying a knock and possibly Rodgers back might be sore so my guess on line up:-
Savin.
Sama. Hughes. Barclay.
Pritchard. Roberts. Conneelly. Butcher. McConville.
Bishop. Charles.

Subs:- Baxter. Mohammed. Uwakawe. McGuire. Scully. Fenlon. Cassidy.

Kiwi John 12-01-2021 16:43

Re: Lincoln papa John's thread

Good morning/evening... this should be a close match. C'mon STANLEY.

andyd 12-01-2021 17:11

Interesting line up:-
Savin.
Mohammed. Hughes. Sama.
Perritt. Fenlon. Barclay. Uwakawe. Maguire.
Cassidy. Roberts.
Subs :- Baxter. Butcher. Pritchard. Bishop. Scully. Bolton. Charles.

cashman 12-01-2021 17:42

hope its strong enough tonight the lads will defo give their all.

Watchdog 12-01-2021 17:59

C'mon you mighty Accrington Stanley

Crown Grounder 12-01-2021 18:17

That doesn't look like Lincoln's strongest team to me. Also only 4 sub named on their bench.

Crown Grounder 12-01-2021 18:21

If anybody is watching, how do we look? I am late following the game so didn't buy a pass and am just following txt on ifollow.

Kiwi John 12-01-2021 18:26

Tell you what CG, the stats at the mo dont look that good for us.

Kiwi John 12-01-2021 18:32

*&&%$#&**%#**&^*&^%#**^(&*%(^&*%^!!!!

andyd 12-01-2021 18:34

Oh dear Mohammed dispossessed and 1-0 should be more really.

Crown Grounder 12-01-2021 18:42

Thanks for the feedback........so much for strength in depth. Maybe a blessing in disguise if we go out and have fewer games to fit in.......

andyd 12-01-2021 18:56

Only good thing about that half his it's only 1-0, no wonder we need a couple more in, nobody apart from a couple of Savin saves can say they had a good half being 3 on at half time Charles for Cassidy, Pritchard for Mohammed, Butcher for Perritt.

StanleyJosh 12-01-2021 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1249047)
Thanks for the feedback........so much for strength in depth. Maybe a blessing in disguise if we go out and have fewer games to fit in.......

I still think we have good strength in depth, take maybe 7 or 8 or the lads playing tonight and replace 1 regular first team player and they’d do a job - similar to how Harvey has replaced Ross.
Weakness shows when you replace majority of team.
Pleasantly impressed with Fenlon, desire to get on the ball and create something with it. Less so with Sama, Maguire, Barclay & Cassidy.
Uwakwe struggling to find his rhythm in a central position.
Perritt coming back from long term injury has shown glimpses but lacking the game time knowledge. I rate Zehn but he has been poor. Hughes spending more time trying to manage others through the game than concentrating on his own game.

Still only takes a goal and Zehn wasn’t too far away with last kick of half.
Would rather play awful and snatch something than play unbelievably well and lose.
Joey, you there?

Kiwi John 12-01-2021 19:10

*&^o*^%$$%@#&^)(*&*^%&i*^*)*^i&%^$^*&!!! :(

andyd 12-01-2021 19:11

Awful performance

AccyMad 12-01-2021 19:16

With that line up it's hardly a surprise that we're struggling, not the lads fault - most have had hardly any game time & at the end of the day with the games we have to fit in, the phrase 'concentrating on the league' has never rung truer

andyd 12-01-2021 19:20

For a young lad Mohammed has no pace their lad just ghosted past him.

Kiwi John 12-01-2021 19:24

*%^*^%#$*&^$%*&^*^$%&$#%$(*&%*. !!! wearing out my upper keyboard today :(

KiTChener 12-01-2021 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249051)
Awful performance

Too true
If I’d known the line up at 6:50, I wouldn’t have paid a tenner to iFollow, terrible performance so far!
Thought we wanted to get to Wembley?

cashman 12-01-2021 19:29

disgraceful distribution with these lads sorry but true

andyd 12-01-2021 19:35

To be fair to Coley he had one chance to try the squad out and that was this game with all the games coming up he had to see how the fringe players performed, on tonight,s showing a lot won't be at the front of the queue for squad places. It has put minutes into players like Perritt coming back from long term injury, but Maguire, Roberts, Sama, young Mohammed will be struggling to get picked again especially if new faces come in and perform.

KiTChener 12-01-2021 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249056)
disgraceful distribution with these lads sorry but true

Can’t keep possession , can’t string three passes together!

AccyMad 12-01-2021 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1249055)
Too true
If I’d known the line up at 6:50, I wouldn’t have paid a tenner to iFollow, terrible performance so far!
Thought we wanted to get to Wembley?

Coley will say different but I'm not sure we did want to get further, after all they haven't been able to play last year's final yet

KiTChener 12-01-2021 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1249059)
Coley will say different but I'm not sure we did want to get further, after all they haven't been able to play last year's final yet

Have watched every game on iFollow this season.
By far the worst, & most disappointing tonight!
Maybe try for Wembley next season!

(Sh1t, now 0:4 !!)

Watchdog 12-01-2021 19:52

Shocking disjointed performance. Poor display all round.

andyd 12-01-2021 19:58

Don't think their keeper has had to make a save and in truth it could have been 6 or 7 -0, very very poor performance irigardless of our line up they weren't the under 17,s they were squad members and basically played off the park, you can look for excuses like Perritt coming back from injury, but experienced players like Roberts, Sama, Maguire and Barclay just looked liked strangers passes to nobody in a white shirt. One positive young Fenlon looks a good prospect, Cassidy works hard but hasn't convinced me he is good enough for the run in come on Coley magic wand in the window again.

Kiwi John 12-01-2021 19:59

Ouch.

KiTChener 12-01-2021 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1249063)
Ouch.

And quadruple ouch!!

cashman 12-01-2021 20:14

Lincoln first team were not playing tonight was only 3 or 4 of them played last sat, not a shock but there squad is much stronger than ours. fact.

cashman 12-01-2021 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249039)
hope its strong enough tonight the lads will defo give their all.

they probably did but was not good enough in my view.

StanleyJosh 12-01-2021 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249065)
Lincoln first team were not playing tonight was only 3 or 4 of them played last sat, not a shock but there squad is much stronger than ours. fact.

I’d count again Cashy, I made it 8 of their 11 tonight started their last league game.
The 3 that didn’t,
Melbourne - 12 games this season
Gotts - 15 games this season
Elbouzedi - 5 games.

They played their first team.

andyd 12-01-2021 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1249067)
I’d count again Cashy, I made it 8 of their 11 tonight started their last league game.
The 3 that didn’t,
Elbouzedi - 5 games.

In our 18 tonight we had 11 out of Friday,s 18 in there no excuses just a very poor performance and disappointed not for losing or going out of the competition but by the very fact we were so poor all over the pitch, let's hope it's put behind us and we continue our fine form in the league.

StanleyJosh 12-01-2021 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249068)
In our 18 tonight we had 11 out of Friday,s 18 in there no excuses just a very poor performance and disappointed not for losing or going out of the competition but by the very fact we were so poor all over the pitch, let's hope it's put behind us and we continue our fine form in the league.

Oh behave Andy, in our starting 11 we had 1 from Friday.
Let’s not beat around the bush here.....

Crown Grounder 12-01-2021 22:02

We all must have now worked out the plan tonight.

And so onto Saturday.....

andyd 12-01-2021 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1249069)
Oh behave Andy, in our starting 11 we had 1 from Friday.
Let’s not beat around the bush here.....

No around the bush we were well beaten and we move on will the experience do the youngsters any good depends on how well you take being hammered, Perritt looks a decent player and he was far from match fit, young Fenlon could be a find, Zehn seen him a few times now not a bad player but far from good enough for league 1 just not our night as a team didn't perform at all we move on.

Lord Stiffupperlip 12-01-2021 23:49

I'm disappointed by tonight's result but not exactly surprised.
Let's face it, it's no fluke the Imps are top of the league & when the draw was made I thought it was the worst one possible.
I won't be losing any sleep about exiting the EFL Trophy if it means maintaining our current momentum in the league.
I'm certain the team feel terrible about tonight's defeat. Let's hope it doubles their determination to do better come Saturday.
T.B.H, our first round exit from the FA Cup was a bitter pill to swallow, but if we end up in the play-offs - or better; which Stanley fan will remember or care?

VALAIRIAN 13-01-2021 04:53

Just hope that this does not knock us back....

It is a defeat, regardless of players picked.....

Let us see what happens next League game :)

:) :) :)

andyd 13-01-2021 07:45

After listening to Coley,s interview this morning I am convinced he is of the same opinion as me disappointed with display and defeat concerns about exiting the Papa John's cup not one bit.

monkey hanger 13-01-2021 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip;
T.B.H, our first round exit from the FA Cup [I
was[/I] a bitter pill to swallow, but if we end up in the play-offs - or better; which Stanley fan will remember or care?

being knocked out of the fa cup and pappy johns last night certainly did not have me losing any sleep. lost any real interest years ago with either competition to be honest. given the choice i,d take a 4 nil win over the fatty,s 11 on saturday well before last night. never actually checked the score till the game was over.

monkey hanger 13-01-2021 08:46

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1249049]I still think we have good strength in depth, take maybe 7 or 8 or the lads playing tonight and replace 1 regular first team player and they’d do a job - similar to how Harvey has replaced Ross.
Weakness shows when you replace majority of team.

thats totally true when you play a changed or weakened side whatever you want to call it. just the same when these premier league teams who go down the same road in other cup competitions get beaten by lesser sides.

cashman 13-01-2021 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1249067)
The 3 that didn’t,
Elbouzedi - 5 games.

cant check it cannot see lincolns starting x1 for last night now?

andyd 13-01-2021 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249081)
cant check it cannot see lincolns starting x1 for last night now?

They played a strong side Cashy but a lot of their players are isolated hence only 4 on bench plus they have no game Saturday due to opposition got Covid, on the night they thoroughly deserved there victory and the man of the match to me was the lad on loan from Leeds himself only 21. Our team I know had 10 changes and when I saw the lineup I expected defeat but not an average time of below 4 scores including the " big guns who came on ", to me you grab a chance by both feet but to be honest a lot of them just not good enough on the night.

cashman 13-01-2021 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249082)
They played a strong side Cashy but a lot of their players are isolated hence only 4 on bench plus they have no game Saturday due to opposition got Covid, on the night they thoroughly deserved there victory and the man of the match to me was the lad on loan from Leeds himself only 21. Our team I know had 10 changes and when I saw the lineup I expected defeat but not an average time of below 4 scores including the " big guns who came on ", to me you grab a chance by both feet but to be honest a lot of them just not good enough on the night.

to be honest most of em are not good enough full stop. that may upset a few but its what i think.

StanleyJosh 13-01-2021 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249083)
to be honest most of em are not good enough full stop. that may upset a few but its what i think.

Who?

andyd 13-01-2021 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249083)

Squad of 33 2 out on loan 1 out for season probably leaves 30 we are pushing top end of league 1 if planning ahead with a possibility of going up a league out if that 30 you have possibly 22 who are good enough at this moment in time to be in the 18 with the amount of games to fit in and bad weather looming again no wonder Coley is looking to bring in. We have a few who are only 17 ish one of whom Fenlon was better than most last night , players like Ogle 22 in March Mohammed 20 should not there fault have appearances under their belts now, Harry Pickering has an example at Crewe at 21 has well over 120 appearances hence Blackburn interest. Stanley have a low budget and our squad has performed miracles but some of our youngest members are probably on very low wages. The academy is still relatively new and Savin, Sykes are 2 examples of how well we do but football is about opinions and not everyone sees the games the same.

cashman 13-01-2021 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1249087)
Who?

well if yeh dont know i feel sorry for you.

StanleyJosh 13-01-2021 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249089)
well if yeh dont know i feel sorry for you.

Maguire & Sama for me. You?

cashman 13-01-2021 18:19

yer first name yeh unsure about sama, the one yeh keep on about i think is poor.

andyd 13-01-2021 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249092)
yer first name yeh unsure about sama, the one yeh keep on about i think is poor.

For what it's worth my thoughts and marks out of 10 on last night:-
Savin 6
Perritt 4
Mohammed.3
Hughes 5
Sama 3
Maguire 3
Uwakawe 5
Barclay 5
Roberts 4
Cassidy 5
Fenlon 6

Subs:- Charles 4, Pritchard 4, Bishop 4, Bolton 4,
Butcher 5,

StanleyJosh 13-01-2021 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249092)

Conneely didn’t play mate ;)
Haha joking... presume you mean Zehn?

cashman 13-01-2021 19:21

conneely is playing much better these days, something like when he first came here,yep i do mean the other guy think hes not a league standard player by any means.

monkey hanger 14-01-2021 09:20

[QUOTE=andyd; The academy is still relatively new and Savin, Sykes are 2 examples of how well we do but football is about opinions and not everyone sees the games the same.[/QUOTE]

finding 2 players in a short time to become regular starter for the first team from the youth system is something many sides just dream of. looks good for the future as prospective players know they,d get a chance at stanley if they do their jobs.

Twenty Eight 14-01-2021 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249088)
Squad of 33 2 out on loan 1 out for season probably leaves 30 we are pushing top end of league 1 if planning ahead with a possibility of going up a league out if that 30 you have possibly 22 who are good enough at this moment in time to be in the 18 with the amount of games to fit in and bad weather looming again no wonder Coley is looking to bring in. We have a few who are only 17 ish one of whom Fenlon was better than most last night , players like Ogle 22 in March Mohammed 20 should not there fault have appearances under their belts now, Harry Pickering has an example at Crewe at 21 has well over 120 appearances hence Blackburn interest. Stanley have a low budget and our squad has performed miracles but some of our youngest members are probably on very low wages. The academy is still relatively new and Savin, Sykes are 2 examples of how well we do but football is about opinions and not everyone sees the games the same.

It is about opinions and I do take issue with 22 of the squad being good enough for the Championship.
If we were to reach the promised land then big decisions need to be made financially.
Run with what we've got and deal with the consequences or invest and give it a go.
Anyway back to reality and where we are.
Eagerly awaiting transfer window developments and where we try and strengthen.

monkey hanger 14-01-2021 10:30

[QUOTE=andyd;1249088] , players like Ogle 22 in March Mohammed 20 should not there fault have appearances under their belts now, Harry Pickering has an example at Crewe at 21 has well over 120 appearances hence Blackburn interest. Stanley have a low budget and our squad has performed miracles but some of our youngest members are probably on very low wages.

can look at this two ways. with the possibility of low wages being played is it a good thing for future signings to see that players like this are not disguarded by the club at the first opportunity given. then on the other hand are they really up to it and are taking places of others to get their chances.

andyd 14-01-2021 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249109)
It is about opinions and I do take issue with 22 of the squad being good enough for the Championship.
If we were to reach the promised land then big decisions need to be made financially.
Run with what we've got and deal with the consequences or invest and give it a go.
Anyway back to reality and where we are.
Eagerly awaiting transfer window developments and where we try and strengthen.

22 good enough for the squad not the championship.

Chimer 14-01-2021 11:20

That's the unsolvable problem of what you do with a team that's good enough to get you promotion, but which you suspect is not good enough to survive. Give them the chance to play at the higher level and see what they're made of, or cold-heartedly dump them and start again?

Rather similar to the cry of "he's taken the club as far as he can" which tends to arise whenever a certain manager climbs up yet another level :rolleyes:.

I still remember being called up for a rare first team appearance for my hockey club towards the end of one season when they had a chance of promotion. The captain's pre-match team talk basically said we needed to get promotion so the club could recruit better players. He didn't actually say "so I don't need to pick you lot any more", but you could hear him thinking it ...... :D

cashman 14-01-2021 18:29

looking back on the game think young fenlon will make a good un in a couple of years,

monkey hanger 15-01-2021 09:31

[QUOTE=Chimer;1249112]That's the unsolvable problem of what you do with a team that's good enough to get you promotion, but which you suspect is not good enough to survive. Give them the chance to play at the higher level and see what they're made of, or cold-heartedly dump them and start again?

if they never get the chance then no one knows if any player can perform at a higher level. there are players you think would but sometimes its the others who are more succesful. thats whats wrong with the window system where managers cannot keep everyone to give em a chance in newly promoted sides but have to get the majority of a new squad up and running pre season.