Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Swindon home thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/swindon-home-thread-71528.html)

andyd 05-03-2021 09:48

Swindon home thread

3 points on offer as always but we need these to put our season back on track not attempting a line up prediction not sure who is fit, but whoever is selected I,m sure they will try their best up the reds.

VALAIRIAN 05-03-2021 10:41

Re: Swindon home thread

Another team at the wrong end of the table, who are fighting to stay in the league.

Will not be pretty, like you Andy, not sure who is fit enough to play, but that does not matter really :rolleyes:

McConville has to start!

:) :) :)

cashman 05-03-2021 11:24

to be honest dont think it will be a bad game.

andyd 05-03-2021 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1251173)
to be honest dont think it will be a bad game.

Football is always good Cashy at least it's no VAR at our level yet agree with Scott Parker Fulham manager it's ruining the spectacle at Premier level, let's hope it gets binned before Stanley get up there.

Crown Grounder 05-03-2021 16:25

Swindon have got key players coming back from injury who are available this weekend. It will be a very difficult game for us.....

Exile on Spencer St 06-03-2021 08:07

They’re all difficult! ;)
That’s what makes being a Stanley supporter interesting.
Anyone who needs boring certainty should buy a Man City Inc shirt! :rolleyes:

monkey hanger 06-03-2021 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1251207)
They’re all difficult! ;)
That’s what makes being a Stanley supporter interesting.
Anyone who needs boring certainty should buy a Man City Inc shirt! :rolleyes:

doubt many will find that boring. they,ll be binning their liverpool shirt for a new city one now. many of the armchair premier fans do not support a club but just support success.

VALAIRIAN 06-03-2021 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1251208)
doubt many will find that boring. they,ll be binning their liverpool shirt for a new city one now. many of the armchair premier fans do not support a club but just support success.

I would rather watch somebody watching paint dry, than watch Man. City.....!!!

andyd 06-03-2021 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1251208)

One thing I haven't missed is witnessing grown men on the long leash in the bar Sunday afternoon pertaining to be avid United, Liverpool, City fans not many when say Brighton were on some maybe genuine but majority probably don't even know where the relevant grounds are never mind attended, final whistle rush back home to help with the ironing.

monkey hanger 06-03-2021 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1251213)
One thing I haven't missed is witnessing grown men on the long leash in the bar Sunday afternoon pertaining to be avid United, Liverpool, City fans not many when say Brighton were on some maybe genuine but majority probably don't even know where the relevant grounds are never mind attended, final whistle rush back home to help with the ironing.

like one of my workmates when i worked in coventry. you name it he had man. united on it even down to his sandwich box. wound himup one day saying i had a free ticket for a forthcoming match at old trafford. asked him to write directions to the ground off the M6 and where to park. never heard a thing and he avoided me like the plague after this. nearest he ever got there was his remote tv control.

AccyMad 06-03-2021 13:14

Well, at least one of our injured soldiers from Tuesday is fit to be in starting line up today & Toby will have had time to prepare himself to start - best of luck lads, let's get our first double of the season

andyd 06-03-2021 13:29

Looking like diamond formation again,:-
Savin.
Nottingham. Barclay. Hughes. Burgess.
Conneelly.
McConville. Butcher.
Smyth.
Charles. Bishop.

Subs:- Isherwood. Russell. Maguire. Rodgers.
Phillips. Scully. Morgan.

VALAIRIAN 06-03-2021 13:42

I'll say it again, at least 3 tired players in that IX...

I just hope that unlike Tuesday, it does not cost us..........

andyd 06-03-2021 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1251239)
I'll say it again, at least 3 tired players in that IX...

I just hope that unlike Tuesday, it does not cost us..........

Sshhhh you haven't said that.

andyd 06-03-2021 13:50

Ipswich getting beat 3-1 with 5 minutes to go.