Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Time Added On. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/time-added-on-71871.html)

monkey hanger 15-08-2021 08:51

Time Added On.

Enyone else think it was a bit excessive in the second half. After the Euro Championships whee there seemed to be far less played and even none in some first halves of games we are back to 100 minute football. Is this a british thing i wonder. There would no doubt have played a minute extra yesterday in a goaless first half with no injuries.

VALAIRIAN 15-08-2021 08:58

Re: Time Added On.

I think both were spot on, I called 5 and 4 :)

They had a player down for over 4 minutes in the first half.

Trainer/Physio was on again in second half - cannot remember why - plus subs, plus goal.

I have been a believer for years that we never see enough of the 90 minutes we pay for!!!

:) :) :)

cashman 15-08-2021 09:03

first half i thought was correct second half to me was a couple mins too long.

Chimer 15-08-2021 09:28

10 seconds is too long, if we're defending a one goal lead :eek: .....

monkey hanger 16-08-2021 08:19

it was not meant to be just about saturday but added on time in general.

VALAIRIAN 16-08-2021 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1256372)
it was not meant to be just about saturday but added on time in general.

I still stick with my thoughts MH, of the 90 minutes we pay for, we do not see enough football!

Not sure of the facts/percentages - I will look around and see - but, if it was a pint of ale you were paying for, you would not be happy with your glass :eek: :eek:

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 16-08-2021 10:39

First thing I stumbled across on Thinternet :)

**Another change to the game was discussed in 2017, with the plan being to reduce the length of a match to 60 minutes but to stop the clock every time the ball went out of play. The discussion was part of an IFAB proposal entitled 'Play Fair!' and was based on the idea of players time-wasting too much. In most 90 minute matches the ball is in play for less than 60 minutes.**

Exile on Spencer St 16-08-2021 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1256381)

**Another change to the game was discussed in 2017, with the plan being to reduce the length of a match to 60 minutes but to stop the clock every time the ball went out of play. The discussion was part of an IFAB proposal entitled 'Play Fair!' and was based on the idea of players time-wasting too much. In most 90 minute matches the ball is in play for less than 60 minutes.**

That was something I’ve always thought would be a good idea, but I assumed it should be reduced to 80 minutes. Poor players, and officials, would have to be even fitter though if they only now run around for c.60.

monkey hanger 17-08-2021 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1256381)

i,d certainly prefer that approach to the one we have at the moment. the only problem is that we could end up with a two tier football. just cannot see how this can be achieved in grounds without a clock and more especially where most of the games are played, in a local park. know one will have any idea of how long the game as been played and as a recent ex referee you,d be like the speaking clock. its bad enough now.