Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Doncaster match thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/doncaster-match-thread-71899.html)

cashman 18-08-2021 12:50

Re: Doncaster match thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1256512)
We win the game with a clean sheet against a decent enough side an we as fans are moaning at the lack of substitutes. The mind boggles. We have the best manager an staff in the league let them do there jobs. The reason why we are we’re we are is because of them. Great performance an 3pts for everyone involved. Onto Saturday.

my mind boggles at how some people think.:rolleyes:

monkey hanger 19-08-2021 08:08

yes, one nil down and 5 minutes to go 2 or 3 get thrown on. do we ever look like equalising in those games when that happens. it looks like a panic decision and the whole team goes into panic mode.

Crown Grounder 19-08-2021 11:21

Quote:

We win the game with a clean sheet against a decent enough side an we as fans are moaning at the lack of substitutes. The mind boggles. We have the best manager an staff in the league let them do there jobs. The reason why we are we’re we are is because of them. Great performance an 3pts for everyone involved. Onto Saturday.

Pidge, believe it or not I agree with what you are saying......However, I see no problem in making suggestions which could improve performances even further. We all know Coley doesn't like making substitutions, he's admitted that himself in interviews post match. I'm pleased with the points tally after 3 games even though we've only played one of the better sides in the division (and lost to them). I also acknowledge that the illness in the camp must have made performances well under par. Not sure if Dion's been ill but he hasn't got back to the playing levels he was at for most of last season. Colby looks the more effective of the two up front to me at the present time.

Crown Grounder 19-08-2021 11:26

Quote:

Pidge, believe it or not I agree with what you are saying......However, I see no problem in making suggestions which could improve performances even further. We all know Coley doesn't like making substitutions, he's admitted that himself in interviews post match. I'm pleased with the points tally after 3 games even though we've only played one of the better sides in the division (and lost to them). I also acknowledge that the illness in the camp must have made performances well under par. Not sure if Dion's been ill but he hasn't got back to the playing levels he was at for most of last season. Colby looks the more effective of the two up front to me at the present time. And the bits I've seen of Mumbongo make him look to me like a real handful and potential goalscorer par excellence.......in my opinion he needs far more game time.......as a substitute or starter.......Coley can always bring him off if its not working....and it may make the other two try harder....

StanleyJosh 19-08-2021 16:24

What subs and at what point would people have made these changes on Tuesday if they were the gaffer?

cashman 19-08-2021 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1256547)
What subs and at what point would people have made these changes on Tuesday if they were the gaffer?

well it was obvious to most people Dion and Joe were knackered after1 hour, though not to some that cant say much.

StanleyJosh 19-08-2021 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256548)
well it was obvious to most people Dion and Joe were knackered after1 hour, though not to some that cant say much.

Who would you have brought on Cashy?

cashman 19-08-2021 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1256551)
Who would you have brought on Cashy?

Mumbongo and either lee or hardy.

pidge 19-08-2021 18:06

Was you at the game cashy ? Or have you been living under a rock ? Hardy has not featured on the bench all season as he’s out with a foot injury for a few month.

cashman 19-08-2021 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1256554)
Was you at the game cashy ? Or have you been living under a rock ? Hardy has not featured on the bench all season as he’s out with a foot injury for a few month.

yeh were you at the game? speaking of rocks is that whats in yer head?

StanleyJosh 19-08-2021 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256553)
Mumbongo and either lee or hardy.

So Mumbongo who missed a sitter. Guessing he would be your replacement for Charles.
Leigh… needs to get up to speed to this level. Too easily waltzed past when he came on for debut.
Harry’s injured. Interesting.

If I was Coley, I’d have maybe taken Charles/Bishop off for Perritt after 75/80 mins. Only problem with that is your inviting more pressure onto yourselves.

StanleyJosh 19-08-2021 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256555)
yeh were you at the game? speaking of rocks is that whats in yer head?

And this is why the majority of fans stay well clear of this forum.
It’s a shame. Would love nothing more that 100 Stanley fans having a platform for sensible discussions, ideas etc.

andyd 19-08-2021 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1256572)
So Mumbongo who missed a sitter. Guessing he would be your replacement for Charles.
Leigh… needs to get up to speed to this level. Too easily waltzed past when he came on for debut.
Harry’s injured. Interesting.

If I was Coley, I’d have maybe taken Charles/Bishop off for Perritt after 75/80 mins. Only problem with that is your inviting more pressure onto yourselves.

Should have taken Joe off after about 60+ minutes his effect on the game was waning and at 1-0 up swap him for like such as Nolan, as for Mumbongo missing a sitter how many have Dion and Colby missed he looks a threat strong and will benefit from minutes rather than a cameo appearance.

andyd 19-08-2021 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1256573)
And this is why the majority of fans stay well clear of this forum.
It’s a shame. Would love nothing more that 100 Stanley fans having a platform for sensible discussions, ideas etc.

There is a moderator who shuts down threads that get out of hand a lot of fans don't bother because they don't appreciate its a forum about opinions not thinking your always right IMHO.

monkey hanger 20-08-2021 07:34

for me it would have been leigh for joe after the hour mark and mumbongo for dion later on when he started getting more than a bit flustrated with his game. as i have said before i could have really seen him losing it, getting sent off and then missing 3 games. as it was stanley got away with it so really not worth making a big issue about it. that is till it happens next time.