Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Online ticketing trail. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/online-ticketing-trail-72101.html)

andyd 04-10-2021 17:19

Online ticketing trail.

For the upcoming Portsmouth home game the club are trailing online ticketing sales for certain areas of the ground IMHO this has been a long time coming hopefully a success and rolled out for every part of the ground, not a great leap in attendance figures but it will help fans or otherwise buy tickets without going to the ground or facing long queues on match days.

VALAIRIAN 04-10-2021 18:27

Re: Online ticketing trail.

Have to agree Andy, not before time :)

On another note, I find it strange that a game against Pompey - who will bring a few - is not priced the same as Wigan?

Maybe I am wrong, but it was done to make The Club money - I would have thought?

:) :) :)

cashman 05-10-2021 11:24

Thats summat i could not weigh up also? mind i can remember pompey bringing 10.000 to peel park in 50s for a cup tie.

andyd 05-10-2021 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258317)
Thats summat i could not weigh up also? mind i can remember pompey bringing 10.000 to peel park in 50s for a cup tie.

Showing your age Cashy 😂😂😂💤

stanleyhouse 05-10-2021 11:36

Rather than just for making money it was done to offset the costs of policing the matches.

Pompey will bring about the same as Ipswich, nowhere near the numbers Wigan, Sunderland ,Sheffield Wed or Bolton will bring, hence no rise in price.
Remember there are 4 matches with reduced prices (Adults £15) too to offset the increases.

cashman 05-10-2021 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1258318)
Showing your age Cashy 😂😂😂💤

i aint bothered about that andy i lived at bottom of Burnley Rd back then and followed them up to the match all were very friendly that i spoke to,

VALAIRIAN 05-10-2021 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1258319)
Rather than just for making money it was done to offset the costs of policing the matches.

Pompey will bring about the same as Ipswich, nowhere near the numbers Wigan, Sunderland ,Sheffield Wed or Bolton will bring, hence no rise in price.
Remember there are 4 matches with reduced prices (Adults £15) too to offset the increases.

Thanks for that Robert :)

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 08-10-2021 08:11

after their first visit to the wham portsmouth have brought less and less there as the seasons have gone by. think for some of em it would have been just ticking off a new ground for them.

andyd 08-10-2021 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1258354)
after their first visit to the wham portsmouth have brought less and less there as the seasons have gone by. think for some of em it would have been just ticking off a new ground for them.

Also it's a long way plus an open terrace so not so attractive if it's whizzing it down, said before better the facilities and more will come back slowly getting there.

monkey hanger 09-10-2021 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1258356)
Also it's a long way plus an open terrace so not so attractive if it's whizzing it down, said before better the facilities and more will come back slowly getting there.

what always surprise me is that away fans still stand on the open terrace when there is room in a good stand to sit out of the rain. its a novelty i could do without even with good rain proof clothing that i own. years on an open terrace at hartlepool as a kid put me off that sort of thing for life.

cashman 09-10-2021 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1258360)
what always surprise me is that away fans still stand on the open terrace when there is room in a good stand to sit out of the rain. its a novelty i could do without even with good rain proof clothing that i own. years on an open terrace at hartlepool as a kid put me off that sort of thing for life.

it dont surprise me i will always stand until i cannot, really detest having to sit at a football match. must be loads like me i think?

andyd 09-10-2021 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258361)
it dont surprise me i will always stand until i cannot, really detest having to sit at a football match. must be loads like me i think?

I used to be the same Cashy till I had hip replacement,s and transferred to the main stand and love it much better view of the games on the side wouldn't go back behind a goal unless you have too away from home

Kiwi John 10-10-2021 04:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258317)

" LUXURY!!. I recall 1,500,000 Aldershot supporters coming to Peel Park just to watch Stanley train prior to the weekends game- and they had to come in two x 12 foot canoes as all roads from south were closed due to heavy fog."

monkey hanger 13-10-2021 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258361)

can understand anyone wanting to stand if its undercover. the only worse thing than that are the places like stockport where away fans have to sit in the rain.

MikeA 13-10-2021 14:18

I had visions of someone policing what happened to the tickets that people had bought. Then it dawned on me that this is about a trial, not a trail! :)