Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wigan EFL trophy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wigan-efl-trophy-72193.html)

andyd 30-11-2021 17:48

Wigan EFL trophy

Line up:- one change to starting 11 Scully for Conneely same bench.

VALAIRIAN 30-11-2021 17:51

Re: Wigan EFL trophy

Wow, going for it....

Scully is a good player I think.

:) :) :)

Watchdog 30-11-2021 18:16

Lets hope for another repeat win from last Saturday.

Watchdog 30-11-2021 19:04

Sir Harry

andyd 30-11-2021 20:54

Poor game apart from Pell,s goal their keeper hadn't a save to make Wigan win on penalties and frankly especially second half were the better side.

VALAIRIAN 30-11-2021 20:54

Coley's old adage comes home................... :(

:)

andyd 01-12-2021 07:30

Coleman,s post match interview spot on absolutely woeful no wonder not many turned up the only bright spots Coyle, Nolan and Savin, Bishop had no one alongside him so leading a non existent line I,d start Nolan Saturday with Mumbongo alongside Bishop Coyle in midfield rest upto Coley to change things, the passing out of defence especially Sykes has been woeful for sometime last night every pass was just excepted by Wigan and to be honest they should have won easily in normal time thankfully it was their reserves dread to think what would have happened if they had played their first 11.

cashman 01-12-2021 08:04

stanleys distribution is absolute rubbish demonstrated again clearly last night.:(

StanleyJosh 01-12-2021 08:18

Anyone else notice JC absolute lose it with a certain sub who wasn't ready in time to come on.... so didn't in the end....

andyd 01-12-2021 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1260414)
Anyone else notice JC absolute lose it with a certain sub who wasn't ready in time to come on.... so didn't in the end....

Sums the general view from outside that something isn't quite right certain players just going through the motions maybe should join Charles going through the motions of training and picking a wage up makes my blood boil. Saturday if the same I am personally going to give it to them as a supporter you are entitled watching that drivel.

monkey hanger 01-12-2021 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260415)
Sums the general view from outside that something isn't quite right certain players just going through the motions maybe should join Charles going through the motions of training and picking a wage up makes my blood boil. Saturday if the same I am personally going to give it to them as a supporter you are entitled watching that drivel.

If this had been a league game i,d be with you. However the players might have had the same interest in the game as the fans who stayed away. Saturday has become now a massive game for everyone in the club and the fans themselves. Hope we get something to shout out thats positive and not get on the players backs unless they give us a good reason for doing so.

Exile on Spencer St 01-12-2021 10:32

You may well have a point, MH.
It was a pretty uninspiring game in the main but I thought Messrs Scully and Coyle did well, and brought a bit of pace and bite to Stanley. Both, you would imagine, trying their best to get out of the ‘reserves’ and into the first team squad.
Wigan, to my eyes, played a better all round game, quicker to most second or loose balls, running into space, making themselves available for a pass, etc, etc. And I was told seven of their team were ‘reserves’. Maybe they too were taking their chance to make an impression when offered.
Saturday will indeed be a real test.

Watchdog 01-12-2021 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1260416)
If this had been a league game i,d be with you. However the players might have had the same interest in the game as the fans who stayed away. Saturday has become now a massive game for everyone in the club and the fans themselves. Hope we get something to shout out thats positive and not get on the players backs unless they give us a good reason for doing so.

Spot on monkey hanger, getting on players backs wont make them play better. Will just make the situation worse by the fact they will lose even more confidence in themselves

cashman 01-12-2021 11:20

thought coley summed up very well. i hope he makes changes on sat. but doubt it.

andyd 01-12-2021 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1260416)

If they weren't interested then say so and let someone else play who his interested load of codswallop if same attitude Saturday we are beaten before a ball is kicked should be proud of wearing the shirt whatever game.

football19 01-12-2021 11:51

12 months is a long time in football !!
Accy destroyed Wigan's kids last season, only Lang showed any fight that day for Wigan.
Definitely missing Charles pace, strength and direct running.
Even when he wasn't scoring, defenders were wary of him and dropped off.
Like him or loathe him,everytime i saw him he gave 100%.

andyd 01-12-2021 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1260427)
12 months is a long time in football !!
Accy destroyed Wigan's kids last season, only Lang showed any fight that day for Wigan.
Definitely missing Charles pace, strength and direct running.
Even when he wasn't scoring, defenders were wary of him and dropped off.
Like him or loathe him,everytime i saw him he gave 100%.

Agree but he won't play why we are still paying him is beyond me who in all honesty on here would be happy with a work colleague getting paid for doing nothing.

cashman 01-12-2021 12:52

he did give 100% no question but to carry on like he has is pathetic also very bad signal to the rest of the squad, i would never make excuses for someone like that sorry.

football19 01-12-2021 13:51

I understand the fan’s frustration, and admire the club making a stand,but if the player decided he doesn’t want to renew his contract, why put him on gardening leave ??
I struggle to come to terms with any footballer refusing to play,think he’s played for 23s,so it’s a strange situation

andyd 01-12-2021 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1260430)
I understand the fan’s frustration, and admire the club making a stand,but if the player decided he doesn’t want to renew his contract, why put him on gardening leave ??
I struggle to come to terms with any footballer refusing to play,think he’s played for 23s,so it’s a strange situation

Don't think he is refusing to play as that would surely be a breach of contract, don't think the club will pick him unless he backtracks which looks unlikely.

VALAIRIAN 01-12-2021 15:40

Re: Wigan - Papa Don't Preach

Struggling to think of a time when I have seen Coley this down and deflated.........

Damning interview and tells me something is wrong - very wrong :(

I thought that the Lincoln result was the turning point - who knows?

Next two games are massive...... :)

Exile on Spencer St 01-12-2021 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1260433)
Struggling to think of a time when I have seen Coley this down and deflated.........

Agree, and that seems more ominous than anything.

Inspector Morse 01-12-2021 18:00

I didn't see last night's game because I am incredibly stupid and thought it was another group game.

I did however have the pleasure of seeing Coley's beautiful face light up my TV on You Tube this evening

Has anyone got a handle on what the clucking bell is going on?
Just how bad were we?

cashman 01-12-2021 18:14

very bad mate but i have seen us worse.

Exile on Spencer St 01-12-2021 19:59

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe no-one in League 1 wants to win this trophy?

Twenty Eight 01-12-2021 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1260449)

I think you'll find Coly did.
If not why field 10 of the 11 from the Saturday before, the other one being injured.

VALAIRIAN 01-12-2021 21:00

Quote:

And Tractor Boys threw away a two goal lead to lose..........

:)

monkey hanger 02-12-2021 10:14

Quote:

a case of looking seriously at this competition to alter its format or scrap it all together. watched the sheff wed game against pools. the latter had only 3 regulars in the side with another 3 having less than a handful of first team games between them. the rest were regular bench warmers. yes, windass came on for the second half but did sod all but ponce around. 3 nil victory hardly flattered them.

monkey hanger 02-12-2021 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260428)
Agree but he won't play why we are still paying him is beyond me who in all honesty on here would be happy with a work colleague getting paid for doing nothing.

just wonder if this has become a wider problem than just charles v stanley. it might be just one player but has it caused a problem thats not easy to rectify.

monkey hanger 02-12-2021 10:23

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1260433]Struggling to think of a time when I have seen Coley this down and deflated.........

think the majority of fans are down and deflated especially after the early season promise. just wonder how long and what else it would take for coley to walk away. well the next two games will be the decider for me before i may walk away.

Watchdog 02-12-2021 10:38

For a town the size of Accrington we are punching well above our weight and are lucky we have a chairman that is willing to put his money in helping the community.
For me, i am just glad to have a league football team to watch and remain hopeful the team can turn things around once we have some of the key players back in the side.
Onwards and upwards.

pifco 02-12-2021 10:58

I must admit MH that Coley's interview did worry me as he has always been so positive even after some of the recent poor results and there does seem to be a serious problem with the players. I hope that it can be sorted quickly because if we did lose Coley we could soon become another of these lower league teams that constantly change their manager. At the moment I think that whilst we disagree with some of Coley's methods we do still back him to pull us out of this rut but if there are many more of the depressing after match interviews that backing might start to fade.

AccyMad 02-12-2021 12:32

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1260466]
Quote:

think the majority of fans are down and deflated especially after the early season promise. just wonder how long and what else it would take for coley to walk away. well the next two games will be the decider for me before i may walk away.

You'd really walk away after a few bad results/performances? You might think you would now but I'd like to think the majority our fans are made of sterner stuff. Even Coley's cheered up from Tuesday night & is sounding a lot more positive today - keep the faith, we'll turn this around

VALAIRIAN 02-12-2021 16:33

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1260466]
Quote:

I doubt very much Coley would walk away from Stanley!!!

I doubt very much he could be dragged away :)

As a fan I am not down, I am just frustrated, because - apart from Burton and Wigan - we have played well/OK, but missed good chances and had some bad luck.

My comments were about Coley after Wigan game.

He will turn it around, just going to be harder than usual :)