Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wombles match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wombles-match-thread-72216.html)

Div3North 08-12-2021 07:11

Wombles match thread

….. the absence of which speaks absolute volumes

choirboy 08-12-2021 07:15

Re: Wombles match thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1260798)
….. the absence of which speaks absolute volumes

What match?????????:hidewall:

andyd 08-12-2021 07:28

Back to one upfront at home says it all to me Bishop ineffective on his own saw the line up and stayed at home like a lot of others.

monkey hanger 08-12-2021 08:14

the line up might not have been to everyones taste me included but the result should have been different if pell and rodgers had put their headed efforts away as they should have done. 2 nil to stanley and i doubt they,d have come back from that.

Lost in Cornwall 08-12-2021 08:20

Agree that if either of those headers had gone in it would have been a different story. Also missed the Captain second half but having said that Wimbledon seemed to play the conditions better than we did. Both their goals came from keeping it on the floor whereas we became too reliant on the long throw/ corner and hope for a break.

andyd 08-12-2021 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1260801)
the line up might not have been to everyones taste me included but the result should have been different if pell and rodgers had put their headed efforts away as they should have done. 2 nil to stanley and i doubt they,d have come back from that.

They should have scored first missed an absolute sitter 1-0 to them it could have been worse doesn't paper over that they were the better side.

Exile on Spencer St 08-12-2021 08:56

Can’t blame the weather, the pitch, the ref…Stanley were just b****y awful.

andyd 08-12-2021 09:03

Most of the so called senior players were way below par last night Conneely, Pell, Hamilton in midfield never got a grip on the game Amankwah was frankly awful ripped apart time and again by a young player with no right foot Bishop isolated at least McConville put a few decent set pieces in rest was forgettable.

cashman 08-12-2021 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260804)
They should have scored first missed an absolute sitter 1-0 to them it could have been worse doesn't paper over that they were the better side.

i thought they should have scored 2 first half, we were disgraceful last night i thought. that was one of the worst displays from us i have seen.

VALAIRIAN 08-12-2021 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1260807)
Can’t blame the weather, the pitch, the ref…Stanley were just b****y awful.

I think you can blame all those things Exile, for a terrible game, but it was the same for both.....

Apart from the last 15 minutes - when we were two down - we were poor :(

I said it about the Fleetwood game - we were poor then!

Something is wrong fundamentally - just not sure what :confused: :confused:

One thing I am sure of, two of the players who might have affected the game, spent the night testing the weight load capacity of the seats in the dugouts :D

:) :) :)

cashman 08-12-2021 10:08

its obvious to me whats wrong we should be playing with 2 upfront.:mad:even a poor display more chance of scoring.feel sorry for bishop the lad gets called by many when hes on his own and aint hes fault imho.

monkey hanger 08-12-2021 10:21

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1260813]

I said it about the Fleetwood game - we were poor then!

Something is wrong fundamentally - just not sure what :confused: :confused:

or the curse of scoring 5 in the previous game against 10 men. or in fleetwoods case keeping a clean sheet when they were playing against 10 also. apart from the missed headers how much ping pong was there going on in their box that stanley didn,t get the important last touch.

VALAIRIAN 08-12-2021 10:29

Did anybody else notice they had a No. 32 called D. Charles - Darius......?

:) :) :)

cashman 08-12-2021 10:30

WHAT won the 50/50 last night?

VALAIRIAN 08-12-2021 10:33

04696 Cashy :)