Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   lincoln city thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/lincoln-city-thread-73107.html)

andyd 02-11-2022 09:00

Re: lincoln city thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1269388)
Dream on, Andyd.
Can really see a whole host of decent, fit unattached strikers lining up to sign for a club that, for months, has rarely started with a striker and only brought them on as very late subs!
I suspect the club will have to find its own way out of the problems it’s experiencing with what and who it has.
One thing I noticed last night, and in previous games, was how Stanley, despite having five midfielders, rarely controlled the midfield or put players in positions to attack. In fact, a lot of the time they seemed to get in each other’s way.
That through ball from Pritchard for Leigh stood out like a diamond in a coal mine precisely because it was so rare.

Nowt wrong with dreaming but seriously I was just stating what Coleman said about reinforcement,s in January, think the game plan last night was to not get beat and it worked against a poor side until the goal when obviously plans change, but it shows to me and nothing against young Adekoya as he looked sharp and hungry but it just shows how bad it's become in the striker department. Away at Crawley Saturday will be completely different they are on an unbeaten run after a poor start and will certainly be up for it and in Tom Nichols a decent striker at this level.

Crown Grounder 02-11-2022 09:30

I know its stating the obvious, but we are where we are with the players available to us now. I think most Stanley supporters will keep getting behind the club and the team if the players in the match day squad give 100% every game. As for Crawley on Saturday, I would think they will be seen by many as favourites with home advantage and the run they are on. So bring it on!

VALAIRIAN 02-11-2022 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1269387)
According to Coley in his post match interview young Adekoya was on the bench in front of Delfounesue and Sisse due to the game plan they had, would he have come on if we hadn't gone behind. Even though it was a poor game by both sides we played a couple of great through balls especially the one by Pritchard for Liegh to run onto he looked up playing a low fast cross into the box that good strikers thrive off we had one player forward who was wrong side of two defender,s. Reading Lincoln fans forum they said a poor game not helped by a non creative midfield hence their low scores for this season and without the penalty wouldn't have scored I agree most opposition in this league won't be has bad if we aren't going to play fit striker,s then I think we need to limp along until January when hopefully some forward options want to sign.

I would hope that Kode and Lowe will be back soon..... and Sisay will get fitter.

:)

Crown Grounder 02-11-2022 16:50

Think Kode may be back first........next 2 or 3 weeks along with Notts maybe. Matt's been under the knife so don't expect to see him untill the New Year. I've no inside info, its just guesswork. As for the new lads......surely they must be fit soon...or else what the hell have they been doing for the last couple of months?

cashman 02-11-2022 17:30

all i want to know along with many others is WHY are we playing with NO FORWARDS? we have seen them on the bench they are sent on with only mins of the game left usually,