Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   vs FGR thread ; Inspired by D3N (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/vs-fgr-thread-inspired-by-d3n-73550.html)

Kiwi Johnny 07-10-2023 13:58

vs FGR thread ; Inspired by D3N

Got a feeling we will get a good result today. We had better- manual tomato watering is off the cards, thanks to our weather gods. Today we click. (Now if thats not an invitation to implode, what is ?)
:alright:

Kiwi Johnny 07-10-2023 14:23

Re: vs FGR thread ; Inspired by D3N

..and Josh gets the scoreboard underway. :)

Crown Grounder 07-10-2023 14:58

Hi Kiwi.......at home following the match with Covid! Not wanting to spread it at the game......we are being very wasteful, a lot of chances not being converted. Wonder where Tommy Leigh is today? Not in the match day squad?

Kiwi Johnny 07-10-2023 15:09

Good morning/afternoon my dear CG...Hope u recover quick smart.Tend now to forget about that cursed illness, tho we know its still out there. First taste of it?

Kiwi Johnny 07-10-2023 15:10

...and Josh again :)

Kiwi Johnny 07-10-2023 15:42

^%^&%^%&^%^$%^&&%^%^&*^%&* :(

Kiwi Johnny 07-10-2023 15:53

Not the scoreline I hoped for, but 3 points I preyed for. Onya Stanley.

Crown Grounder 07-10-2023 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi Johnny (Post 1274769)
Good morning/afternoon my dear CG...Hope u recover quick smart.Tend now to forget about that cursed illness, tho we know its still out there. First taste of it?

No Kiwi, second bout of Covid.........It's making a comeback here in time for Winter!

Kiwi Johnny 07-10-2023 16:00

Oh Feck..don't you just hate come backs?

VALAIRIAN 07-10-2023 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi Johnny (Post 1274766)
Got a feeling we will get a good result today. We had better- manual tomato watering is off the cards, thanks to our weather gods. Today we click. (Now if thats not an invitation to implode, what is ?)
:alright:

This new Kiwi is starting to get a little cocky now I have noticed, thread starting all over the show!!!! :D

:)

Exile on Spencer St 07-10-2023 17:26

1 Attachment(s)
Did I watch a different game to whoever compiled these so-called stats?
Thought we should have murdered them in the first half by three or more goals.
However, it wouldn’t be Stanley if there wasn’t a final tense ten minutes of allowing an inferior team back into the game and panicky defending.
But, for a change, Stanley clutch a victory from the jaws of….err, a victory.

VALAIRIAN 07-10-2023 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1274776)
Did I watch a different game to whoever compiled these so-called stats?
Thought we should have murdered them in the first half by three or more goals.
However, it wouldn’t be Stanley if there wasn’t a final tense ten minutes of allowing an inferior team back into the game and panicky defending.
But, for a change, Stanley clutch a victory from the jaws of….err, a victory.

I must admit Exile that I thought they had the better chances in the first half and if they were clinical, they would have been a couple of goals up.

You are spot on about the last 10/15 minutes and I ended up being relieved when the whistle went :)

After the last few weeks, the win was what we needed most, a good performance would have been nice, but hey ho :)

VALAIRIAN 07-10-2023 18:26

Some good performances today :)
  • Ben Woods
  • Josh Andrews
  • Matt Lowe
  • Dan Martin

You know what you get from players like Shaun Whalley and (seasoned experienced 500+ game) Brad Hills, but some good performances from young inexperienced players today :)

Watchdog 07-10-2023 20:14

Matt Lowe... what a difference the change of position is making. Well done Matt.

Exile on Spencer St 08-10-2023 08:24

Having just watched the extended highlights, with the relaxation of knowing the result, I think both teams and the ref yesterday deserved credit for playing the game in a competitive but fair manner.
There was none of the bully-boy tactics and little of the play-acting we’ve seen from so-called ‘bigger’ teams and the ref was able to manage the game well without needing to be the centre of attention.