Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   vs the Dons (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/vs-the-dons-73680.html)

Kiwi John 10-02-2024 14:11

vs the Dons

C'mon you Reds. Show us your credentials.:mosher:

Kiwi John 10-02-2024 14:13

Re: vs the Dons

super jack !!!

Kiwi John 10-02-2024 15:06

Halfway to a 3 pointer.

Kiwi John 10-02-2024 15:32

^*&^$&#%$#@%^&$%*(^(*$&^$%#%@$#!!! :(

Kiwi John 10-02-2024 15:53

&*^&%$^&$%*&^$^%#*&*(%&(*&*&$(*^. Not happy :(

VALAIRIAN 10-02-2024 16:05

6 yellow cards..........

VALAIRIAN 10-02-2024 16:06

Jay Rich injured again............... :(

:)

AccyMad 10-02-2024 16:10

If ever there was a daylight robbery committed - that was it! Ref sounded diabolical :mad:

Lost in Cornwall 11-02-2024 08:00

He was! Every time two people got close together he gave a free kick to MK. I can't argue with the yellow cards for Woods and O'Brien, possibly Gubbins but the rest had me baffled especially Nolan who appeared to be booked for being fouled whilst their player got away with it. The first half hour we were superb but couldn't keep it up. Not sure the change at half time, bringing on Coneely for Bickerstaff helped as we weren't pressing them as high up the pitch and giving them the space to attack our box. The defence held up really well though and were unlucky to be beaten by a suberb free kick and a huge deflection.

Exile on Spencer St 11-02-2024 08:21

1 Attachment(s)
Didn’t see the game but one thing I know is that Stanley are not and have never been a cynical or over-physical team. At the moment they’re young and keen and maybe lacking in professional guile when it comes making challenges.

However, I sometimes wonder if referees take a look at the ‘disciplinary’ table (below) when they get notice of a game involving Stanley and think “blimey, everyone else is doing it, I’d better keep my yellow card handy for this lot”.

What’s known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

choirboy 11-02-2024 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1276778)
Didn’t see the game but one thing I know is that Stanley are not and have never been a cynical or over-physical team. At the moment they’re young and keen and maybe lacking in professional guile when it comes making challenges.

However, I sometimes wonder if referees take a look at the ‘disciplinary’ table (below) when they get notice of a game involving Stanley and think “blimey, everyone else is doing it, I’d better keep my yellow card handy for this lot”.

What’s known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Referees networking phone chat;
“Hi mate, where are you reffing on Saturday?” Reply; “Oh I am at Accy Stanley!” “Have you seen their yellow card count? You’d better keep up with the rest of us! Give ‘em at least six yellows!”