Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Accrington Stanley Golly Badge (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/accrington-stanley-golly-badge-7621.html)

Mick 05-02-2005 10:56

Accrington Stanley Golly Badge

1 Attachment(s)
Do you fancy a Accrington Stanley Badge then look in buy sell and swop section

KIPAX 05-02-2005 11:03

Re: Accrington Stanley Golly Badge

I should think most people have one by now mick.. given that you can buy them all day long on ebay for less than 2 quid or any badge seller on match days :)

Steven 05-02-2005 11:24

whos is the badge seller on match days though???

KIPAX 05-02-2005 11:31

I meant any badge seller you see... they are usually only found on match days... But the club frown on them and try to discourage them as it isn't official accy merchandise

Steven 05-02-2005 11:38

OK i remeber one bloke stood at top of steps leading from crown pub selling them once but i think he only ever comes if there is a big game eg Tv camera or F.A cup

Willie Miller 05-02-2005 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven
OK i remeber one bloke stood at top of steps leading from crown pub selling them once but i think he only ever comes if there is a big game eg Tv camera or F.A cup

Its not just the badge seller that only comes when there is a big game of FA Cup....:D

If I had a pound for every time somebody says "I went to Stanley last year when t'had that run in t'Cup!"

part time weirdos! (or are we weird for following home & away....................)

qualtrough 05-02-2005 12:08

The worst example I recall of `fair weather fans` was when Stanley played Crewe in the FA Cup at Ewood in front of 11.000 + fans and the next home game against Mossley was attended by around 400 fans! The badges are not exactly PC are they..?

KIPAX 05-02-2005 12:19

nothing wrong with fairwether fans.. club cant progress without them and they should be welcomed with open arms and not scorned... IMHO

In fact every person who walks through the turnstile and hands over a tenner to the club should be welcomed.

Jimbo T Hornblower 05-02-2005 14:08

Well the Crewe game was my first ever Stanley game and I had been just 'looking out' for their results before that and I was so impressed, it made me go back to the Crown and see em, I think it was against Fleetwood Town shortly after - seem to remember a 3-1 win - since then I cant get enough of the place...

Jimbo T :horn8:blower

qualtrough 05-02-2005 17:22

No one, least of all me, is suggesting `scorning` (definition: treating with hot or extreme contempt) any fans. Of course all should be encouraged and welcomed. The fact remains that, allowing for 4,000 or so Crewe fans at the Ewood game and those who attend now, there are between four and five thousand `fans` out there somewhere who don't come along to games at all.

Jimbo T Hornblower 05-02-2005 21:25

True but youve got to admit - there were a lot of Blackburn and Burnley fans there.. a lot...

Jimbo T :horn8:blower

mthead 06-02-2005 00:09

Look well wearing a golly badge and a wrist band bit contradictory.Robertsons jam banned them for a racist reason....

qualtrough 06-02-2005 08:23

Good point, Jimbo....maybe they were all Blackburn fans. Still got a feeling though (or maybe it's day-dreaming) that there are `lost` fans out there. Re the badges though: I don't know their history but I would suggest they be withdrawn from sale now for obvious reasons.

AccyMad 07-02-2005 09:23

The badges are not racist but making an issue out of them maybe is!!

Alice 07-02-2005 10:11

Re "fairweather fans". Kipax is right. We should welcome ALL fans, full and part time otherwise how are we ever going to increase our numbers?
We all remember our first time and it's how we are treated then that makes us come back for more.
I appreciate that there are some people who want to be recognised as long serving loyal Stanley fans and maybe the Ultras could come up with some way to recognise this and give the newer fans something to aim for e.g. a loyalty scheme/awards etc.
Of course, unless your name is Jack Barrett, then no matter how long you've been with Stanley there's probably someone who's been a fan longer so lets be proud of every single one of our fans and encourage even more to join us.