Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   hmmm? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/hmmm-8539.html)

knowsthescore 15-03-2005 11:35

hmmm?

If you stanley fans won the jackpot on the lottery, would you use any of your new found fortune on accrington stanley, not necesseraly a big cash injection, but use it in any way at all? i was just thinking what i would do, then i thought, hmm.......i wonder if i would, buy the club out? nah football clubs are run @ a loss, i don't know what i'd do, what would you people do?

'owdbugger 15-03-2005 11:55

Re: hmmm?

i ant posted for a while, ive been away at funerals and what not, its funny you know, when your'e young, you get invited to parties, birthdays, then its weddings, when you get to my age, your face gets that farmiliar you get invited to the christmas party at the crematorium, anyroad, i think i would sack john coleman, if i won the lottery,and pay him till he got a job, i would make sure a roof was put over the clayton end, and rename it, after jimmy bell, and call it..... "the bellend" hows 'at?

Mik Griff 15-03-2005 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'owdbugger
i ant posted for a while, ive been away at funerals and what not, its funny you know, when your'e young, you get invited to parties, birthdays, then its weddings, when you get to my age, your face gets that farmiliar you get invited to the christmas party at the crematorium, anyroad, i think i would sack john coleman, if i won the lottery,and pay him till he got a job, i would make sure a roof was put over the clayton end, and rename it, after jimmy bell, and call it..... "the bellend" hows 'at?

Bull**** tbh

Hows 'at?

Outback Ozzy 15-03-2005 13:37

I would give some money to erecting a suitable stand on the Whinney Hill side of the ground, with at least 5,000 seats. If i had sufficient, I would also put a roof over the Clayton and Coppice ends and upgrade the Floodlights

rob 15-03-2005 13:44

i'd build a helipad so i could still come and watch home matches. i would still work though. from home. on my island. in my sea.

and not all football clubs are run at a loss knowthescore, certainly not the well run ones anyway!

knowsthescore 15-03-2005 14:22

the bellend, ha, good one, i know, but i just always come to think of abramovic when i think of big cash injections, he aint never gonna see that money back, i dunno, its just, traditionally they tend to be run @ a loss dont they, then again,what do i know? im only a kid, if i won the lottery, i think i would errmmmmmm.........give eric a big wad and say, "reyt, release brannan, get rid of jagielka, get rid of paul howarth because he isnt a forward, a midfeilder or a defender, and if he is he's the worst defender in europe, he cant defend!! id make sure that matt oneil got a weights bench for christmas, because hes knocked off the ball too easily, and id make sure that a high quality defender and a high quality striker was signed, and use the saved wages of those 3 to pay them"

knowsthescore 15-03-2005 14:23

also, why do i keep getting bad karma off somebody who keeps calling me steve?

KIPAX 15-03-2005 14:56

only one person at a time can give you bad karma.. if yours has dropped like a stone its because lots of different people are giving you bad karma. I will leave it up to you to figure out why.. :)

Redraine 15-03-2005 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by knowsthescore
the bellend, ha, good one, i know, but i just always come to think of abramovic when i think of big cash injections, he aint never gonna see that money back, i dunno, its just, traditionally they tend to be run @ a loss dont they, then again,what do i know? im only a kid, if i won the lottery, i think i would errmmmmmm.........give eric a big wad and say, "reyt, release brannan, get rid of jagielka, get rid of paul howarth because he isnt a forward, a midfeilder or a defender, and if he is he's the worst defender in europe, he cant defend!! id make sure that matt oneil got a weights bench for christmas, because hes knocked off the ball too easily, and id make sure that a high quality defender and a high quality striker was signed, and use the saved wages of those 3 to pay them"

I'm with you on Brannan, mate. Can't imagine why Coley prefers him to Proctor. He made absolutely no contribution at Carlisle as usual - sorry a minus contribution with the missed penalty. Its alright hitting a hard shot, but not at an easy height and too near the keeper, especially if he's a 7ft. beanpole as theirs was. Stanley fan next to me summed him up when he said "Brannan sits in midfield and...................well, just sits". Times up I'm afraid.
With a lottery win I would buy back Jamie - a proper athletic jack in the box, who regularly made fantastic saves from "unstoppable " shots + saved penalties. One guy on the coach coming back from Carlisle was praising Crichton's Exeter performance. OK, I wasn't there, but from what I saw on Conference highlights the saves were pretty routine blocks, not like the wonder saves Jamie is capable of. On second thoughts I wouldn't need the lottery money, because as another fan on the coach said, we could surely afford 1 great keeper instead of the 3 we now have

'owdbugger 16-03-2005 09:01

i think another issue that needs to be dealt with is the reserves,a few weeks back the first team had no game, yet the reserves were still playing their fixture at vauxhall motors i think it was, why are the reserves so abismal this season? they finished, 2nd in the league to morecambe and runners up in the cup to morecambe, they were brilliant, the reserve team manager was great aswell, O'B is brilliant, he knows what he is doing, and never asked for a penny, yet they let him go, and bring somebody who wants paying in, who is only going to have the reserves 4th from bottom at the end of this season, no disrespect to paul lodge, he's a nice man, but i cant understand why hes got rid of O'Bs brilliant set of lads, 2 or 3 of which signed 1st team forms last season, lee madin, keiron killackey etc.. to bring in a set of kids that cant beat anybody, and why do players like, allcock, and other first teamers never play in the reserves? i cant understand, players like paul howarth dont have to play in the reserves, or for that matter why they are here in the first place

AccyMad 16-03-2005 09:20

What's wrong with Paul Howarth? The lad is Stanley through & through and always gives 110% when he's given the chance to play, which isn't often enough. He can defend, run the wing or play up front - how versatile does he have to be?

Redraine 16-03-2005 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad
What's wrong with Paul Howarth? The lad is Stanley through & through and always gives 110% when he's given the chance to play, which isn't often enough. He can defend, run the wing or play up front - how versatile does he have to be?

Totally agree, ACCYMAD. Not many opposing goals come down his wing when he gets a game!

woody 16-03-2005 15:03

are my eyes decieving me???
RELEASE jaggers, ged and super pauly howarth???!!!!
here we go:
(1) we are very fortunate at Stanley to have such a versatile player as Howarth and he is a big game player - i seem to remember his match winning penalty against bournemouth in the cup to be an excellent example
(2)Jagielka is in his best form of the season! ok - 1 or 2 bad games but finally we're seeing some balls from the lad with his gutsy tackles and player hunts! (no pun intended)
(3) Ged Brannan - released - i cant fathom why a sane individual would put those two phrases together - have you completely forgotten his daggers hat trick???
Ged is one of the best signings this club has ever made and although he is in a bad patch of form of late - im sure his performances will be back up to the standards of which we saw him at earlier on in the season

ave that

zayno14 16-03-2005 16:57

haha get rid off howarth! Ur havin a laugh! Jaggers 2? Ha come back when u have sobered up! As 4 Ged i can see why people are on his back but he has just come back from injury so give him a little time im confident he will show his earlier season form...

Smiffy16 16-03-2005 18:23

I see the clowns have returned......