Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Photo Competition 2 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/photo-competition-2-a-20762.html)

K.S.H 07-04-2006 04:51

Photo Competition 2

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations to Margaret Pilkington on winning the last one
Comp 2
Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only
THIS is the link to the competition pages
During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.
After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.

Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person

The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition ( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)

In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner

4 entrys are allowed per person
Any more than this will be removed, your 1st 4 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed

All images must be your own work, scanned, digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, please dont use images off the web or from mags as we dont want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images. You will retain copyright of all your images.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed

Theme chosen by Margaret Pilkington - photo 1 comp winner is
Trains and Boats and Planes....or anything to do with Transport.

.................................................. ..................................................
We now have some small prizes to be awarded, we won't be giving one away for every competition so what we will do is:-
Give 1 away for every 6 competitions.
The 6 winners will go into a special album and people will be able to vote for the one they like, this will mean a prize will be given approx every 12 week.
I will not be able to enter as I run the comp neither will any of the Accy moderators, this doesn't stop us entering the fortnightly comp - it just means if we happened to win one our entry wouldn't go into the prize draw, we would in that case enter the runner up from the week we won.
Prize you could win by entering this competition is a USB hub

Attachment 5949

.................................................. ..................................................

Closing date for this competition is 24:00 on the 18th of April and voting will be allowed up to 24:00 on the 20th of April

For those who are not too sure about how to upload their pics
1. Press the link above
2. Make sure it has "Competition #2 in the drop down list"
3. Press the "Browse" button and select your image
4. Enter a title and description if required
5. Press "Upoad/submit" near the bottom of the page

Good luck

Margaret Pilkington 07-04-2006 07:38

Re: Photo Competition 2

Thanks to everyone who voted for my picture......I am really surprised that it won. The next competition theme will be:-
Trains and Boats and Planes....or anything to do with Transport.

Good luck everybody!

MUMMIBOO 07-04-2006 08:04

Oh my god this looks like a hard one!!!!

mez 07-04-2006 09:19

mmmmmmm scratching my head over this one !!!!

harwood red 07-04-2006 11:22

Hmmmm interesting one Marg!!!

entwisi 07-04-2006 12:48

Should be fun!

Margaret Pilkington 07-04-2006 13:39

It can be anything to do with transport.....a local bus, a canal barge, a skate-boarder....a bike (either push or motor) just to give you a few examples.......I'm sure you can think of more!

Ber999T 07-04-2006 13:58

Well thats my entry done

Margaret Pilkington 07-04-2006 14:07

I have uploaded my four entries......hope it gives you some ideas.
Like yours Ber999t!

K.S.H 07-04-2006 18:46

Nice choice, sure I will find something for this, might take 2 specially for it and find 2 from my archives

Margaret Pilkington 07-04-2006 19:04

It is a wide category...anything from a Rolls Royce to a Rickshaw...and all transport in between, gives everyone a fair chance.

K.S.H 07-04-2006 19:59

Can you turn the voting on Len for comp 2?

Len 08-04-2006 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H
Can you turn the voting on Len for comp 2?

You know I can. hehe

The voting option is now enabled. I new there was something I’d missed while creating the album. :)

K.S.H 10-04-2006 19:23

Is it just me or does anyone else find it annoying that the images dont stay in the same place they rotate at random, personally I'd rather see it newest images 1st so you could see straight away the new uploads

entwisi 10-04-2006 19:28

also, you can't vote for your own but can't see what others have got till you've voted?

K.S.H 10-04-2006 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi
also, you can't vote for your own but can't see what others have got till you've voted?

Come on!! you wouldn't would you :) but the latter could be a good point as it won't draw you towards voting for the one that already has the most votes, but theres nothing to stop you voting then seeing which has most then changing your mind, plus it will make you vote so you can see the other votes

Margaret Pilkington 10-04-2006 19:38

I suppose it is fair not being able to see how others have voted...and anyway if you really want to know you can vote for something and then retrieve your vote and vote for something else...not that I have done that.

Len 10-04-2006 19:50

Well I’ve sorted the image arrangement out now; it now shows the latest to be uploaded. Don’t know about the voting display thou. Seems a bit point less really i.e. hiding the voting results until you’ve vote yourself. You can always make a vote and see what’s happening then clear your vote if you so desire or even make your final decision later when all the entries are in.
I shall go and have a look and perhaps push a few buttons and see what happen. Let me know if the Gallery should suddenly disappear. :) hehe

K.S.H 10-04-2006 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I suppose it is fair not being able to see how others have voted...and anyway if you really want to know you can vote for something and then retrieve your vote and vote for something else...not that I have done that.

You can't see how other people have voted, (ahem well not now anyway, you could on the 1st day until it got sorted out :))but you can see how many votes another photo has but you can't do this unless you have placed a vote yourself

Margaret Pilkington 10-04-2006 20:04

Oh I didn't really mean that....I meant you could see which pics had got the votes.....or certainly I could in the last comp..although I didn't know who the votes were from......apart from Grannyclaret telling me in a thread that she liked my pic and had voted for it.

K.S.H 13-04-2006 18:56

Hope your all gonna take some transport related pics over the bank holiday for this photo competition, going a bit slow at the moment only 20 uploaded.
Don't forget you can upload 4 images per person on this one

entwisi 13-04-2006 18:57

I've got 3 up there

One more to go

Len 13-04-2006 19:51

I’ve nothing to offer just yet. :o
Lets hope something presents it’s self in the next few days. :)

K.S.H 13-04-2006 20:38

And I haven't got the time to go and take any at the min, I will before it finishes - I think

Len 13-04-2006 20:50

I’ve noticed that quite a few entries have the same image title. This makes it very difficult for everyone when referring to a particular image.

Can you all make sure that all your entries have their own individual title?

Gayle 13-04-2006 21:04

I've had a do but they're old pics that I took - I'll have a go at taking something specific this weekend.

Len 13-04-2006 21:16

You can use any image you like, as long as they are related to the competition topic.
You can at anytime change your image titles by simply clicking on your image, and when the image is full size, if you look under your image you will see an “Edit Image “link. Click on that and you can re-name the image to anything you like, preferably as to what the subject is.

Gayle 13-04-2006 21:17

So, in other words 'you got it wrong Gayle, so sort it out'. hehe

Len 13-04-2006 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle
So, in other words 'you got it wrong Gayle, so sort it out'. hehe

You didnt get it wrong Gayle, you just didnt know, thats all. :)

Gayle 13-04-2006 21:23

I've sorted it now! :)

K.S.H 13-04-2006 21:25

Don't forget to place your vote as well, you can do it now or anytime up to midnight on the 20th of April, if you do it now and a picture you like more is uploaded just press the "clear my vote" link and re-vote

Len 13-04-2006 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle
I've sorted it now! :)

Spot on!! Lets see if others can do the same. :)

Gayle 14-04-2006 06:50

I just put my name and title in the wrong fields!

K.S.H 17-04-2006 09:03

Competition closes at 24:00 tomorrow night so get your entry's in now
Latest news is that we now have a few small prizes (details soon) that Mick has aquired but instead of giving 1 away every week what I am going to do is do it over a 6 competition period.
The 6 winners will go into a special album and people will be able to vote for the one they like, this will mean a prize will be given approx every 12 week.
I will not be able to enter as I run the comp neither will any of the Accy moderators, this doesn't stop us entering the fortnightly comp - it just means if we happened to win one our entry wouldn't go into the prize draw, we would in that case enter the runner up from the week we won.
KSH

K.S.H 18-04-2006 08:19

1 Attachment(s)
Competition closes tonight at 24:00
Get your entry's in now if you want a chance to win a USB hub
Attachment 5950

Madhatter 18-04-2006 11:18

Margaret, thats the front of the engine. Looks like it's called lady sarah. It's parked in a disabled bay, I bet it didn't get a ticket!

Madhatter 18-04-2006 11:31

Could you put it in forum news, that members have two days to vote, there seems to be a very low vote count. I feel guilty voting when I've entered myself. I didn't vote last time but I have this time, just to see whats getting what votes.

MUMMIBOO 18-04-2006 13:10

I have just entered!! a bit late really but then better later than never.

K.S.H 18-04-2006 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madhatter
Could you put it in forum news, that members have two days to vote, there seems to be a very low vote count. I feel guilty voting when I've entered myself. I didn't vote last time but I have this time, just to see whats getting what votes.

I will be posting one soon to remind people to vote.
Theres no need to feel guilty if you vote but haven't entered, as it says in the rules anyone can vote - doesn't matter if you enter or not

Len 20-04-2006 17:19

Just a reminder.
competition #2 voting ends tonight at 12.00pm.
Good luck everyone.
:)

Margaret Pilkington 20-04-2006 18:00

Madhatter....don't feel guilty about voting...unless you voted for yourself of course (not possible - or at least I don't think it is).....The Steam Engine was on display in the main street in Llandudno...it was at last years Victorian Extravaganza - the main street is blocked off for this event and alternative parking areas are allocated.......to be honest I don't think I saw any traffic wardens - unless of course they were under cover....it is Richard Brunstroms patch and you wouldn't put anything past him.

grannyclaret 20-04-2006 21:46

my vote is in.....

garinda 20-04-2006 23:07

The clock strikes midnight.

Looks like Talentedbutslow won.

Congratulations.:)

junetta 20-04-2006 23:28

Well done talentedbutslow. I'm looking forward to the next subject.

June x

Madhatter 21-04-2006 00:42

And well deserved too, a superb picture in my opinion.