Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2008, 06:43   #61
God Member

Re: Man Utd - Chelsea in Russia

Champions of the world!!!!!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2008, 10:26   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Why?

What has United done to you?
well 1962 has a bearing on it.
Old 23-05-2008, 14:51   #63
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Champions of the world!!!!!
Did I miss that game?

18-17 - 5-3

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 15:31   #64
God Member

A cartoon that might amuse
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cartoon.jpg (53.3 KB, 27 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 16:34   #65
Senior Member+

Tense Finale Glad I Dont Support Chelsea
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 17:18   #66
Senior Member+

Yes Chelski hit the woodwork twice,but are you forgeting the Giggs effort on goal which John Terry cleared with his head ? Dont agree with penalty shoot outs but thats the way it goes Just glad it was Anelka that got his saved found that as funny as hell
Old 23-05-2008, 17:29   #67
God Member

Terry missed. His shot went wide.

John Terry hit the post, united battered chelsea in the first half and should have been 2 or 3 up, Lampards goal was very lucky, and extra time was even, niether team had anything left due to a heavy pitch, Ronaldo did the same as he always has, (it wasnt a problem when john aldridge used to do it), and anelka didnt want to score, no interest because he didnt start the game, the result going either way would have been fair, even if I would have detested chelski and romans millions winning it, incidentally, the only time rovers did anything significant was with jacks millions, but in the same situation, I would have supported the local team.
Old 23-05-2008, 18:12   #68
Senior Member+

nemanja vidic said the european cup is like chocolate orange, its not terrys its mine

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 18:12   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Terry missed. His shot went wide.

John Terry hit the post, united battered chelsea in the first half and should have been 2 or 3 up, Lampards goal was very lucky, and extra time was even, niether team had anything left due to a heavy pitch, Ronaldo did the same as he always has, (it wasnt a problem when john aldridge used to do it), and anelka didnt want to score, no interest because he didnt start the game, the result going either way would have been fair, even if I would have detested chelski and romans millions winning it, incidentally, the only time rovers did anything significant was with jacks millions, but in the same situation, I would have supported the local team.
There was just one difference with the Rovers derek, Jack Walker was a lifelong Rovers fan and stood on the terraces as a lad, not a Yank or a Russian who just want a toy train set to amuse thmselves

Last edited by jaysay; 23-05-2008 at 18:14. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 20:51   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There was just one difference with the Rovers derek, Jack Walker was a lifelong Rovers fan and stood on the terraces as a lad, not a Yank or a Russian who just want a toy train set to amuse thmselves
I dont disagree, my comment was really to say that it makes sense to me for neutrals to support the most local team when playing in an important game, northerners supporting southern teams is a nonsense, just because its united, (abu's, anyone but united), a little like foreigners buying english teams for playthings, and the fame they generate.
Old 24-05-2008, 10:09   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I dont disagree, my comment was really to say that it makes sense to me for neutrals to support the most local team when playing in an important game, northerners supporting southern teams is a nonsense, just because its united, (abu's, anyone but united), a little like foreigners buying english teams for playthings, and the fame they generate.
I've always supported English teams in Europe derek, but northern teams come first, except Burnley, but they won't be playing in Europe any time soon, nearest they come is the Isle of Man tournament Can't say I like Chelski either. Its surprising how times change, I remember when Rovers signed Chris Sutton in 1994, Jimmy Grease writting in the Sun said he hope Rovers didn't win anything because they were trying to buy the league, Can't remember him saying to much about Chelski's spending can you. I've always said you can't buy the league, if they could why have Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle ect never won it, money helps but buying the right players and the right coaching is the main ingredient

Last edited by jaysay; 24-05-2008 at 10:11. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 10:39   #72
Accy Red

Quote:
I've always supported English teams in Europe derek, but northern teams come first, except Burnley

I've always said you can't buy the league, if they could why have Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle ect never won it
And I've always supported English teams in Europe except Man U Scum and Leeds, what's the difference?

For the record Liverpool have won the LEAGUE 18 times.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 24-05-2008, 10:56   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
And I've always supported English teams in Europe except Man U Scum and Leeds, what's the difference?

For the record Liverpool have won the LEAGUE 18 times.
Ya but that's history, ain't won the prem yet, haven't come close, yet little old Rovers managed it, but I agree with you on Leeds
Old 24-05-2008, 11:01   #74
Accy Red

Quote:
Ya but that's history, ain't won the prem yet, haven't come close, yet little old Rovers managed it, but I agree with you on Leeds
I see, so all the clubs who won the European Cup can't really count those victories as it's now called the Champions League, I can see why you show an interest in politics.

Old 24-05-2008, 12:33   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I see, so all the clubs who won the European Cup can't really count those victories as it's now called the Champions League, I can see why you show an interest in politics.
Its called lateral thinking bagpuss, Manchest United have won the Champions League twice, Liverpool once

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..