Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 22:25   #1

Savage by name - savage by nature!

I happened to bump into Robbie Savage today in an Algarve hotel (with three other males at the time) - they were in the entrance and doing nothing in particular. I was the only other person there and I asked if I could kindly have his autograph - saying that I was a fan of his (and a Rovers supporter). He just looked at me like I was something the cat had dragged in (and I was smartly dressed at the time!!!) and just replied "NO" and walked out of the hotel. I was so upset and felt such a fool in front of these other three guys he was with.....but on reflectiion why should I feel bad? I did nothing wrong - I was polite and genuine and he had two ways to play it......could have signed or said (politely) no. So, just wanted to share this with you Rovers (and Savage) fans - that he is the S~~T that they (the press) paint him out to be......
Old 28-02-2009, 10:30   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Savage by name - savage by nature!

strange sure it was him? he played n scored fer derby last night,in the defeat at doncaster.
Old 28-02-2009, 12:54   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Sky Sports | Football News | Match Report | Doncaster v Derby - 27th February 2009 theres the link,definatly mistaken identity, no wonder the guy just walked off.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:19   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sky Sports | Football News | Match Report | Doncaster v Derby - 27th February 2009 theres the link,definatly mistaken identity, no wonder the guy just walked off.
Hey Cashman, thanks for forwarding the info about him playing (and scoring!) - I suppose he would have been in UK training on Thursday for the game on Friday - but I tell you, it was his absolute DOUBLE. Still cannot believe it wasnīt him...but surely if it wasnīt him, why didnīt they own up...really really rude the way he acted - I tell you I was so P- - - - -

Anyhow, I will now just move on to think that it couldnīt have been him and thatīs that....
Old 02-03-2009, 17:17   #5

Quote:
strange sure it was him? he played n scored fer derby last night,in the defeat at doncaster.
You know what Cashman, the more I think about how it all went when I saw him with those guys and believe you me, I am convinced it was him - all goes to have me 95% certain that he was that person on Thursday afternoon. think about it....he still had time to get back for the match on Friday and for sure, NONE of them would admit to anything and they all looked a bit like "cats caught in the headlights" when I said that was him....maybe he shouldnīt have been there at all and thatīs why it was all a bit weird.
Old 02-03-2009, 18:43   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

think he would have had to train thursday fer sure Red Rose, thats usually afterwards a manager makes his mind up about the team,after the last training session? unless a players having treatment. at least thats what "Don McKay" told me once.
Old 02-03-2009, 21:10   #7

Quote:
think he would have had to train thursday fer sure Red Rose, thats usually afterwards a manager makes his mind up about the team,after the last training session? unless a players having treatment. at least thats what "Don McKay" told me once.

But maybe thatīs it Cashman......he should have been having treatment and was up to no good down here. Hence the reason why he and his buddies were so edgy and "non-commital" about his identity. Believe you me....IT WAS HIM or his twin brother....
Old 02-03-2009, 21:33   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red rose View Post
But maybe thatīs it Cashman......he should have been having treatment and was up to no good down here. Hence the reason why he and his buddies were so edgy and "non-commital" about his identity. Believe you me....IT WAS HIM or his twin brother....
hey i was once dragged out of "Raistricks" foundry at church by the police mistakenly i was gobsmacked had no idea why, i was accused of summat i knew nowt about. about 3 months later the thing they said i did,a guy was found guilty i read in observer , i went up the police station n asked em, why they had not told me n demanded n apology,to be told by em- everyones got a double lad.!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:56   #9

Smile Re: Savage by name - savage by nature!

Quote:
hey i was once dragged out of "Raistricks" foundry at church by the police mistakenly i was gobsmacked had no idea why, i was accused of summat i knew nowt about. about 3 months later the thing they said i did,a guy was found guilty i read in observer , i went up the police station n asked em, why they had not told me n demanded n apology,to be told by em- everyones got a double lad.!
Maybe.....

By the way Iīm a lass!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:47   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red rose View Post
Maybe.....

By the way Iīm a lass!!!
i had assumed that.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:10   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Name dropper
Old 03-03-2009, 10:20   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Name dropper
Well I have to say that Don was a good friend of mine cashy, when I was secretary of the Ossy Youth support Group I wrote to Don and asked him if, seeing he lived in Ossy, whether he would take the position as President, he rang me at home and said he would be delighted, but it had to be a hands on roll. After that we became good fiends as he attended nearly every meeting and every event we had and brought players along occasionally too. Years after leaving the Rovers he came back to the official opening of the Youth Centre, but unfortunately I was in hospital at the time and couldn'take it myself. Don was a top bloke in my eyes
Old 03-03-2009, 11:09   #13
Senior Member+

...served a nice Steak Pie in the Calfs Head at Worston too!!

Best Regards - Taggy

errr thats Don of course...not Roberto!!
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:27   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I have to say that Don was a good friend of mine cashy, when I was secretary of the Ossy Youth support Group I wrote to Don and asked him if, seeing he lived in Ossy, whether he would take the position as President, he rang me at home and said he would be delighted, but it had to be a hands on roll. After that we became good fiends as he attended nearly every meeting and every event we had and brought players along occasionally too. Years after leaving the Rovers he came back to the official opening of the Youth Centre, but unfortunately I was in hospital at the time and couldn'take it myself. Don was a top bloke in my eyes
now thats real name dropping,!! yes i knew him also, but i simply used his name, to illustrate how a real manger thinks/acts, without me going into all that.
Old 03-03-2009, 16:16   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
now thats real name dropping,!! yes i knew him also, but i simply used his name, to illustrate how a real manger thinks/acts, without me going into all that.
Did I ever tell you that tale about

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..