Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 17:55   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Well played the North West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
This, from the man who's hoping the Spaniards "make a Messi" of United.
Don't really care who makes a mess of United Wyn, I'd bring back Attila the Hun if it would help Mongol FC
Old 03-05-2011, 18:17   #32
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I must admit I'd like to see British clubs doing well in Europe against foreign opposition, but this one is pretty hard to take, I don't want Chelski to get it because they're Southerners, but on the other hand despite the Mankys being from the North West ............. It's Manky U ! Being a Scouser & a Red this is killing me so I'll go neutral on this one, best team gets it on the day !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 18:17   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't really care who makes a mess of United Wyn, I'd bring back Attila the Hun if it would help Mongol FC
Well, in that case it's no good saying "hear hear" when Ossy Kid starts complaining about Englishmen supporting foreign teams over British teams...you plastic Blackburnian, you!
Old 03-05-2011, 18:25   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well, in that case it's no good saying "hear hear" when Ossy Kid starts complaining about Englishmen supporting foreign teams over British teams...you plastic Blackburnian, you!
Not plastic about this lad born and bred Rover till I die mate,
Old 03-05-2011, 18:40   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
born and bred Rover
Hmmm...I don't think you were actually born in Blackburn...more likely at home or Rough Lee. And I don't think you were bred in Blackburn, either. So, saying you're a "born and bred Rover" is like Barrie saying he's "born and bred United". I know you certainly don't live there now, as I had to pass your address on to Bee - he's coming round to see you tomorrow with his collection of Sesame Street videos and a list of questions about shops.
Old 03-05-2011, 18:43   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Hmmm...I don't think you were actually born in Blackburn...more likely at home or Rough Lee. And I don't think you were bred in Blackburn, either. So, saying you're a "born and bred Rover" is like Barrie saying he's "born and bred United". I know you certainly don't live there now, as I had to pass your address on to Bee - he's coming round to see you tomorrow with his collection of Sesame Street videos and a list of questions about shops.
Wrong again son I was born in a Blackburn Hospital, my father was born in Blackburn too
Old 03-05-2011, 18:45   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wrong again son I was born in a Blackburn Hospital, my father was born in Blackburn too
In that case, I take it all back and apologise for calling you "plastic"...

...however, Bee's still coming round to see you tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2011, 20:46   #38
God Member

Barcelona 3 -1 on aggregate.
See you at Wembley........................................... ..If you beat the Germans.
Mancie are you there?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 20:48   #39
Senior Member+

So Wyn explain what a "plastic" is if you don't mind. Reading what you say, if you were not born in the town or live in the town of the team you support, does this make you "plastic"??
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 21:22   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
So Wyn explain what a "plastic" is if you don't mind. Reading what you say, if you were not born in the town or live in the town of the team you support, does this make you "plastic"??
Sometimes yes, sometimes no, Ossy Kid.

It works like this...if you were born or grew up in Accy and district, you must be a Stanley fan first and foremost, although I allow people to have other teams as second clubs. If your principle club is other than Stanley, you're a plastic.

However, if you were born outside Accy and district, you're perfectly free - in fact, I positively encourage you - to adopt Stanley as your club and this does not make you plastic in any way whatsoever.

Quite logical really, isn't it?
Old 03-05-2011, 23:25   #41
Senior Member+

Thanks Wyn, so, as I was born in Leyland, moved to Accy age 5 supported Stanley since the mid 50s, adopted United, also in the mid 50s, I guess I,m not "plastic" {smile**. So using your logic, if you were born in England and support a "foreign" club, does THIS make you {plastic**? {grin**
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 00:23   #42
God Member

Quote:
Thanks Wyn, so, as I was born in Leyland, moved to Accy age 5 supported Stanley since the mid 50s, adopted United, also in the mid 50s, I guess I,m not "plastic" {smile**. So using your logic, if you were born in England and support a "foreign" club, does THIS make you {plastic**? {grin**
God knows?.. I mean "who are these people" that decide who is plastic ... I reckon it boils down to if you support Rovers, Burnley or Accy Stanley you ain't plastic..any other team you are... you have to take into consideration that the "local supporters" on here are simple folk, and have little knowledge of the outside world..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:17   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
So using your logic, if you were born in England and support a "foreign" club, does THIS make you {plastic**? {grin**
Roy only has a foreign club as his second club. I'm far more concerned about him coming from Church and supporting Rovers!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:35   #44
God Member

Quote:
Roy only has a foreign club as his second club. I'm far more concerned about him coming from Church and supporting Rovers!
Sorry Wyn, born in Blackburn lived in Church.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:41   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Sorry Wyn, born in Blackburn lived in Church.
Apologies yet again ...was EVERYBODY on this forum born in Blackburn?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..