Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2012, 08:39   #61

Re: He's Jordan Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Is that another Groucho Marx saying or did you think that up all on your own
The world is indeed just peachy!!!

By the way, yes it is the original Groucho, it's one of his more famous ones. Still, you probably wouldn't know that would you?

The sun has got his hat on hip hip hip --------- etc.
Old 25-09-2012, 09:25   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
Kean stays!!! Just heard the interview with your delightful Mr. Singh on radio Lancs. Seems like a nice chap but obviously doesn't have a clue what's going on. The upshot seems to be though that Rovers are still stuck with the delightful Mr. Kean for the present.
Seriously though, what planet are Rovers distinguished owners on?
I think old Stevie boy has gone to them and told them just how much it's going to cost them to get rid and they don't like it much. Probably decided it's only a minor part of their organisation and they'll just live with it for now because they have more important things to think about.
Anyway, onwards and upwards. I'll see if our lot can dispose of Swindon tonight then it's back to the league at weekend.
Good luck lads, you're gonna need it!!
The real person behind the debacle at Rovers is Jerome Anderson, Venky's special advisor, the only thing is he's hardly going to say to Venky's Sake Kean is he, it would be like saying a I want a pay cut, seeing he's Kean's agent. Whatever it costs Venky's to get rid of him would be well worth it in the long run, if, like they should have, got shut of him this time last year and got a proper manager in, I've no doubt Rovers would still be in the Prem, but this guy's just full of it, he believes his own hype, he's on his own little ego trip which he knows will be the end of his involvement in football, who would give this jerk a job brewing the tea at have time never mind coaching a team
Old 25-09-2012, 09:37   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The real person behind the debacle at Rovers is Jerome Anderson, Venky's special advisor, the only thing is he's hardly going to say to Venky's Sake Kean is he, it would be like saying a I want a pay cut, seeing he's Kean's agent. Whatever it costs Venky's to get rid of him would be well worth it in the long run, if, like they should have, got shut of him this time last year and got a proper manager in, I've no doubt Rovers would still be in the Prem, but this guy's just full of it, he believes his own hype, he's on his own little ego trip which he knows will be the end of his involvement in football, who would give this jerk a job brewing the tea at have time never mind coaching a team
Seriously, Jay, you have my grudging sympathy. The guy really is clueless but what can you do when you have owners who are even more clueless about football than he? The blind leading the blind really does apply here.
One thing I have noticed about Kean in his post matches though is how he always takes the positives from a game. He should have taken so many positives by now Rovers should have won the champions league, let alone the prem.
Old 25-09-2012, 09:48   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Seriously, Jay, you have my grudging sympathy. The guy really is clueless but what can you do when you have owners who are even more clueless about football than he? The blind leading the blind really does apply here.
One thing I have noticed about Kean in his post matches though is how he always takes the positives from a game. He should have taken so many positives by now Rovers should have won the champions league, let alone the prem.
Ya that's his only excuse, how the prat could take any positives from last fridays debacle is beyond me. Just wondering how they passed the stringent tests set out by the FA about fit and proper persons to run a football club, they never learn. the all point is until last Friday Rovers record was, but its obvious not much store was put on how that was achieved, were outplayed by Leicester, Barnsley, Leeds, were lucky at Bristol but like what has been said in many quarters is you can't go through a season living on luck and you certainly don't get promotion with it either,
Old 25-09-2012, 11:14   #65
Senior Member+

I think a big problem will arise Jay if they bring in a new manager - which established manager would want to work for VFC. Also, who would come in to a bunch of players he would not necessarily choose himself. Seems to me that VFC are on a loser whatever they do
Old 25-09-2012, 12:55   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I think a big problem will arise Jay if they bring in a new manager - which established manager would want to work for VFC. Also, who would come in to a bunch of players he would not necessarily choose himself. Seems to me that VFC are on a loser whatever they do
Think you have the point entirely. Kean apart, the record of Venkys is there for all to see. Yes, Kean is a clueless prat but he has obviously been let down by a bunch of people who clearly don't know the first thing about football and appear, having also spoken to Rovers friends, to have bought Rovers as some sort of plaything.
My feelings about the whole thing (for what they are worth being from the other side) is that, on the field of play I'm loving it (why wouldn't I, you would be the same) but from the bigger and non-biased picture, I wouldn't wish any of what is going on at Rovers on any football fan. You are being treated shamefully by your own owners and, may I say, by the media, who should be ashamed of having a go at fans who clearly love their club and only want the best for it.
I obviously want Kean to stay (as a Burnley fan) but as a football fan I really do wish you all the best of luck in ridding yourselves of the awful regime that is attempting to pass itself off as football club owners. A few more like Venkys in the league and it would be the death of football as we know it.
Old 25-09-2012, 18:01   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Barrie that happens at any club, a new manager wants his own team, no mater where it is be it Rovers United City Chelski even Stanley, and as for nobody wanting to work for Venky's think you'll find that's way of the mark, after all Burnley manage to replace Laws, didn't they
Old 25-09-2012, 18:02   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Think you have the point entirely. Kean apart, the record of Venky's is there for all to see. Yes, Kean is a clueless prat but he has obviously been let down by a bunch of people who clearly don't know the first thing about football and appear, having also spoken to Rovers friends, to have bought Rovers as some sort of plaything.
My feelings about the whole thing (for what they are worth being from the other side) is that, on the field of play I'm loving it (why wouldn't I, you would be the same) but from the bigger and non-biased picture, I wouldn't wish any of what is going on at Rovers on any football fan. You are being treated shamefully by your own owners and, may I say, by the media, who should be ashamed of having a go at fans who clearly love their club and only want the best for it.
I obviously want Kean to stay (as a Burnley fan) but as a football fan I really do wish you all the best of luck in ridding yourselves of the awful regime that is attempting to pass itself off as football club owners. A few more like Venkys in the league and it would be the death of football as we know it.
Ya it appears Kean staying is the Dingles only chance of winning a do, 34 years and counting
Old 25-09-2012, 20:58   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Barrie that happens at any club, a new manager wants his own team, no mater where it is be it Rovers United City Chelski even Stanley, and as for nobody wanting to work for Venky's think you'll find that's way of the mark, after all Burnley manage to replace Laws, didn't they
It certainly does Jay. How a club can expect to suddenly change their fortunes by changing the manager - especially mid transfer windows, is cloud cuckoo land. Liverpool, for example, are doing worse with Rodgers than with KK, and they are not the only ones.
Old 25-09-2012, 21:14   #70
God Member

Quote:
It certainly does Jay. How a club can expect to suddenly change their fortunes by changing the manager - especially mid transfer windows, is cloud cuckoo land. Liverpool, for example, are doing worse with Rodgers than with KK, and they are not the only ones.

It's not as bad in the Championship because they can bring players in on loan outside the transfer window. I think 3 football league managers have gone in the past week
Old 25-09-2012, 21:18   #71

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Hmmm...

Ferguson replaced Atkinson mid transfer window with United at the bottom of the league...ended up mid table. Kinda shoots that argument out of the water.

Kean is tactically inept, he has one system, he cannot counter any changes made by an opposing manager, nor can he think on his feet. He just stands there expressionless, chewing gum, imagining he's the new Ferguson.

Cannot for the life of me understand why the media give him such an easy ride
Old 25-09-2012, 21:23   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Ferguson replaced Atkinson mid transfer window with United at the bottom of the league...ended up mid table. Kinda shoots that argument out of the water.
Transfer window didn't apply in those days
Old 26-09-2012, 08:44   #73

Quote:
Ya it appears Kean staying is the Dingles only chance of winning a do, 34 years and counting
Really not that bothered. Yeah it would be nice to beat you but I am more interested in our results overall and the league position. I would take two defeats to Rovers if our other results meant promotion. It used to be said in Scotland that the other teams were too obsessed with beating Celtic and Rangers and if they just concentrated on beating all the others they would probably win the league. You have to keep your eye on the bigger picture and the bigger picture doesn't start and end with us beating Rovers, that's just a bonus.
And why are Rovers fans so obsessed with the "34 years and counting"? You call us obsessed. As I have pointed out before, it's only a handful of games. As I have said previously, by that yardstick you could claim well over a hundred years of not being beaten by Barcelona.

Last edited by Houseboy; 26-09-2012 at 08:50.
Houseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 09:07   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hmmm...

That may be so but it is only one example and the quality of players was already there - Atkinson (Mr Bling), was just too interested in his own image.
Old 26-09-2012, 09:11   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Hmmm...

Kean is tactically inept, he has one system, he cannot counter any changes made by an opposing manager, nor can he think on his feet. He just stands there expressionless, chewing gum, imagining he's the new Ferguson.

Cannot for the life of me understand why the media give him such an easy ride
Your summing up of Kean is spot on Guinness, he's just hyped by his own inflated ego. The only reason he's still their is Jerome Anderson, Venky's "Special Adviser" (Rovers have more advisers than Barcelona)doubt he'd go to Venky's and saw "you want shut of this guy he's useless" it would be like asking for a pay cut, seeing he's Keans agent as well, conflict of interests or what.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..