Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2005, 13:38   #1

fa cup round 5

East lancashire derby, burnley v blackburn at turf moor.

should be a full house, a good/intimidating atmosphere.

thoughts and predictions?
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2005, 13:47   #2

Re: fa cup round 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
East lancashire derby, burnley v blackburn at turf moor.

should be a full house, a good/intimidating atmosphere.

thoughts and predictions?
A close win for Blackburn, by one goal. Some trouble on the terraces. Blackburn coaches pelted on the way out of Burnley. Prior to the game, Burnley supporters posting on the Blackburn supporters' sites and Blackburn supporters posting on the Burnley supporters' sites. Probably that hasn't happened much since Blackburn went back up to the Premier League. It was happening a lot during the time the two teams were in the same division.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 14:37   #3
Super Moderator

...and a reduced gate for our match against Barnet - one of our biggest games of the season.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 14:53   #4

John, you missed out, burnley fans to go on the rampage, smashing the town centre up again
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 16:39   #5
Senior Member+

do you think there will be much intrest in this draw?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 19:51   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Don't know about you Bazf but I've no interest whatsoever it's only a Mickey Mouse cup !!!!

But being a Liverpool supporter I would say that, I'm more interested in the Blue and White S*ite v The Scum.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 21:02   #7
Senior Member+

Now now liverpool fans, just because you where outclassed by Burnley you dont need to call it the micky mouse cup. The micky mouse cup is the one that your in the final of, FA Cup much bigger than the Carling Cup.

Fantastic game for the neutrals
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 21:12   #8
God Member

LOL cafu well said!!!!!!!!!
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 21:56   #9
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I was only joking, judging by the reaction at work today the next two weeks could be quite interesting.
Come you Man U fans, any trophy is worth winning when your teams not Chelsea.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 23:13   #10
IMY

wel we have got a nice tie with the blues of merseyside and you know what all the talk is going to be about before and even after the match. we should beat them hopefully by 2-1 i'd say.....
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 00:35   #11
Senior Member+

Just been reading an artical in the business press...... and I quote...
3rd quarter reports for Manchester United plc show a downwards trend of merchandise sales in the greater London area with the main loss being in shirt sales, however on the brightside for share watchers of football clubs Chelsea shares are climbing as does there share of the shirt market which has doubled in London and now out paces Manchester United 2-1 in sales. A manager of westend store shirts plus said "before it used to be Man U but now we can't keep Chelsea shirts in the shop, as soon as they arrive we have people waiting for them."
Sound a fickle lot these Man u suporters dont they.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:43   #12
IMY

ohh i agree alot of so called fans are like that they follow a team for a while and wen they see something they "think" is better they go for it or follow it like sheep but i guess that does happen with other clubs or it might just be a southern thing.........
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 17:28   #13
Senior Member+

Man U , Everton. Should be interesting .Rooneys home coming.Fancy Burnley for another upset too,especially with home advantage
Old 01-02-2005, 17:58   #14
Senior Member+

Burnley going to be very hard to beat with the defense they have, its quality.

Last 7 home games no goals conceded
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 18:02   #15
Senior Member+

yeah cafu i think low of averages on their side too.been awhile since they turned them over.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..