Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2005, 08:49   #1

Rovers reach semis.

For the first time in 45 years, long overdue i say.

Blackburn edged past leicester with a dickov penalty to reach the semis, which will be staged in cardiff this year.

The draw is 1:30pm today

newcastle 1
man utd 2
arsenal 3
blackburn 4

i think they are the correct numbers, i will be hoping for newcastle, but i`m not too bothered anything in the semi will be a bonus.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2005, 11:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Rovers reach semis.

Did you see the game? I think this is the end for rovers you just cant keep getting that lucky, I watched the game live on TV and the foxs edged it at least Leicester didn't end up looking embrassed.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2005, 12:01   #3
God Member

It was a pretty non-descript match, but the win is what mattered. Hopefully Savage will be fit to run ragged round midfield in next round

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2005, 13:10   #4

Leicester edged it?

i must wonder what game you were watching, they didnt have a shot in the first half, second half they had some chances, we had neill missing from 2 yards, pederson scoring a goal and hitting the post with a free kick, yes erm leicester did edge it

Anyway bring on the arsenal in the semis.
Old 14-03-2005, 13:39   #5

brilliant we play arsenal saturday and now in the cup hopefully we get through

mel3ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2005, 16:27   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
Leicester edged it?

i must wonder what game you were watching, they didnt have a shot in the first half, second half they had some chances, we had neill missing from 2 yards, pederson scoring a goal and hitting the post with a free kick, yes erm leicester did edge it

Anyway bring on the arsenal in the semis.
2 yards out - - it was at lease 6 yards, but if you want to make your players sound worse then fair enough. Was it not Dickov who scored.

Stick to www.brfcs.com
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2005, 17:40   #7
Senior Member+

mel3ft, will agree with you there and after Souness and his big mouth yesterday i would like a Newcastle rovers final.Stuff that fat mouth of his full if we could bring the cup back to Ewood Park
Old 15-03-2005, 08:01   #8

Cafu, pedersen scored but it was ruled out because the referee bizarlly did not play advantage.
Old 15-03-2005, 08:05   #9
God Member

Quote:
For the first time in 45 years, long overdue i say.

Blackburn edged past leicester with a dickov penalty to reach the semis, which will be staged in cardiff this year.

Was this not due to you not actually playing another premiership side to get to this semi final? arsenal will beat u and u will be knocked out in the semi final

Stupid that its played at cardif
Old 15-03-2005, 12:11   #10

I know arsenal are favourites to win. Everyone does.

Its not our fault that we havent had a prem team yet, its the luck of the draw.
Old 15-03-2005, 12:22   #11
Senior Member+

Cafu, pedersen scored but it was ruled out because the referee bizarlly did not play advantage

The ref had already blown his whistle why before the ball was crossed, should he have changed his mind then had a situation like earlier in the season? what would you be saying on here then, oh the ref got it right but Leicester fans saying we woz ripped off........... he has to make an instant decision he doesn't have TV or 20 rovers fan to consult. Maybe thats a bit harsh there was at least 30 people singing at ewood.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 12:23   #12

one question:- How did they win????!!!!! what a boring match! *Yawn*

I knew they would keep man u n arsenal apart! Typical!

kaz
asfc babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 15:07   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfc babe
one question:- How did they win????!!!!! what a boring match! *Yawn*

I knew they would keep man u n arsenal apart! Typical!

kaz
Think we stand a chance against Arsenal. We beat them twice last season didn't we? Plus underdogs sometimes win things like this, less pressure!
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 15:15   #14
God Member

Blackburn Rovers have as much chance of winning the F.A. Cup as Tim Henman has of winning Wimbledon.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 15:21   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
Blackburn Rovers have as much chance of winning the F.A. Cup as Tim Henman has of winning Wimbledon.
Yeah, you could be right. I can always hope though.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..