Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2006, 18:04   #841
God Member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

It's all supposed to be fun.......so why do I feel like I'm back at school......all the rules and regulations now.

Soon you won't be able to bring your calculator anywhere near the computer...

OOOOOp's damn

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2006, 18:05   #842
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
It's all supposed to be fun.......so why do I feel like I'm back at school......all the rules and regulations now.

Soon you won't be able to bring your calculator anywhere near the computer...

OOOOOp's damn

....and they'll be checkin we haven't wrote any answers up our sleeves with biro.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 18:08   #843
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
....and they'll be checkin we haven't wrote any answers up our sleeves with biro.
We'll be covering our monitor with our hands....shouting to people " stop cheating or I'll tell miss"

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 18:08   #844
Senior Member+

I've no objections with them playing either. We all know their names, unlike the new names that appeared during the recent cheating scandal.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 18:25   #845
God Member

Oh Brian Go easy on Mel. It's the cheaters you should blame. After little 'quizgate' no body is above suspicion and she still gets people moaning about cheaters. It is just fun, it's just some spoilt it for others by cheating. I'm sure Mel will sort it out
Old 15-11-2006, 18:39   #846
I am Banned

Thanks Tinks

I have to admit im getting a little upset about the quiz being spoilt & that im having to enforce rules like school kids but im left with no choice, i have pm'd Brian to explain the situ & as i've said to him unfortunately my job as host has just got even more complicated & frustrating because im having to referee all the time & yet ive got to be fair to all & ive got to stick to what i say - otherwise i would be a bad host

Please can we stop with the bickering & please assure that i have the quiz in hand & the only people that should be ashamed of themselves is the cheaters themselves for spoiling it for everyone & making my life hell atm SO please can we get back to normal & start enjoying the quiz now
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 20:05   #847

Well said Mel - its the cheaters that should hang their heads in shame - you carry on girl, you're doin a great job - and to all our cousin's across the many oceans.

Get your act together guys - its a "fun" quiz - by all means take the **ss out of your fellow quizzers -(yes - I mean you, Churcher (aka the Dog" )) but get of the hostess's back

But it is only for fun (and bragging rights) its not "Who wants to be a Millionaire"
mickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 20:17   #848
God Member

Nothing wrong with a competetive spirit but as already been said lets keep it in context and have fun with it.

Won't bother me if I don't finish top but just in case I don't, those above me watch your backs
Old 15-11-2006, 20:20   #849
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
Won't bother me if I don't finish top but just in case I don't, those above me watch your backs
....... and be warned I have a long memory I still haven't forgiven you for knocking me off top spot! Just wait til it's my turn you'll never hear the last of it
Old 15-11-2006, 20:21   #850
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
....... and be warned I have a long memory I still haven't forgiven you for knocking me off top spot! Just wait til it's my turn you'll never hear the last of it
I'll get some shin pads in case you decide to butt me
Old 15-11-2006, 20:24   #851
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
I'll get some shin pads in case you decide to butt me
Word of warning forget the shin pads, you'll be better off with a cricket box I give a mean head butt in the nuts
Old 15-11-2006, 20:26   #852
I am Banned

Now thats more like it
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 20:49   #853
God Member

Right, cheating, I saw an opportunity to produce a fast time and took it, in this month we are talking about 3 days max on a subject that I can do very well anyway. Life is all about making the most out of any opportunities that present themselves, I will never be upset about being awake to opportunities and IF THEY DON'T HURT ANYONE, I will happily take them, thats why some people get on in life.

Hang my head in shame, nope I won't. I'm happy to not play for 3-4 days if Mel decides thats a fair 'punishment' for being devious but I've already deliberately missed 2 days and I'm still 2nd (behind mthead who hasn't missed any days yet).

As it stands, there is a long time to still go in this month and if you want to win you have to put in some effort.

I'm thankful to mel (as she knows) for organising the quiz, its a bit of fun that brings out a competitive spirit in people, I'm one of those who like being competitive, I will ALWAYS, try to do my absolute best to win. Its part of my natural makeup.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 20:59   #854
God Member

Fair do's entwisi there's a time and a place to make sure you win at any cost. I'd happily tie someone up and throw them in the boot of the car if they were going for the same job as me and I thought they'd be a better candidate ....... but come on this is just your mates off accyweb. Cheating didn't prove anything about how clever you are (and I do think your clever and I know mthead is) so why cheat? I just don't get it!

You were also the 1st one to do it, others followed suit because you did it, so instead of setting a standard of a cracking score to be beaten at the top of the scoreboard, you just set the standard to see who could cheat the best.
Old 15-11-2006, 21:14   #855
God Member

As I said, I still see it as finding the best way to answer the questions. Yes it's mates on accyweb but lets be honest, you were probably all thinking how did I do it. Also it also actually started in Mixed bag as we are in now, I noticed that there was a lot of repeated questions, It was only when it was switched to fixed Qs that I noticed when watching Bills Qs that they were all the same but in different order. I can see that shortly we will all start getting repeated Qs again (even though funtrivia reckon to have increased their Q pool). at what point is it considered cheating if I was to get 10 repeated Qs, am I expected to take my time with the answers or something just because I have a good memory?

At what point does a line get drawn under all this, Mel has tried to move this on by resetting the rules and I am in a way happy that she did. what it did do is pointout that there will usually be a way to get an advantage and it shouldn't be as easy as it was. Mel probably wasn't aware of how easy it was. Now she does even if it was Raver that initially spilled the beans it was me who found teh flaw.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..